Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Seeing your ex with someone new      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1friend
Msg: 51
Seeing your ex with someone newPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
same here, I would be happy to see that she would have find someone else and grew and learned and maybe not repeat the same mistakes she would have done with me. I would be happy to learned that she met someone that wanted to give her and be for her what I wasn't able to be myself. i think when you ponder about it its a learning experience for both. the weird thing is sometime to look at the other guy and try to figure out how different you are in personality in mind and in the physical. its funny to see how her taste may or may not have changed about the new person in her life.
 Not just a member
Msg: 52
Seeing your ex with someone new
Posted: 4/15/2006 8:55:43 AM
I was relieved to know, I was no longer the sole object of his affection.
 sallywardrop
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/15/2006 2:15:34 PM
My ex left when i was 7 months pregnant. I soon found out he was seeing someone else. As the months passed, i found out all the lies he had fed me (the fact he had 3 children i didnt know about and he was ten years older than he told me- to name just 2 lies...). I eventually bumped into him and his girlfriend in a bar in town.
I was suprised that i didnt even react to him, i felt nothing but pity for his new girlfriend and wondered what lies he had told her. He was the one that reacted badly, he freaked out and had to leave- this was followed by me receiving loads of texts saying how much me missed me! I had finally moved on and was enjoying being a single mum- (he wanted nothing to do with our son) so in the end i think i had the last laugh!
 saturdayKnight
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/19/2006 11:18:49 PM
Anything can happen.
 GrowedUP
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2006 11:04:17 PM
Who are we all kidding here?

I was devastated when we split up and crushed when I saw her on here looking for another man!

Months later friends saw her with her new man shopping for patio furniture and I wasnt at all botherd.

Her and I meet and have coffee and do the platonic thing.

Her new man is a yank and married.

Good luck to her and god bless.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/20/2006 11:06:00 PM
Nope, I wasn't bothered either. I didn't care for the first one, but she went by the wayside quickly and he replaced her with someone wonderful. I almost felt bad that I didn't feel bad!!!
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:30:27 AM
one mans trash is another mans treasure...........
 Tansi
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/23/2006 7:09:29 AM
The only time I ever concerned myself, is if I thought "she" would feel uncomfortable around me. I deliberately got close to her to befriend her.

My ex has been a friend since before we got married and has stayed one since we divorced. I would never want to jeopardize our friendship. He is still a wonderful human being no matter who he is with. Funny, I have never been upset, only concerned with his happiness.
 life25
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/23/2006 8:15:42 AM
Countrysugar I only imagine saying those types of things, but if it was my ex being with a girl I could never stand id probably be mean and say the same things.
 marshw
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/23/2006 8:24:26 AM
The idea that you despise your ex husband is very telling of inner pain that you have not dealt with. Even if he was a **stard and kicked your ass all the time (or whatever your issues may have been). Once you've truly dealt with the issue, you should reach a point when he just doesn't matter any more. It sounds like this is where you are.
We all have better things to do than pack unpleasant feelings around for someone from our past. As long as those memories cause anger feelings, we have work to do on ourselves.
 labrechep85
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/23/2006 9:37:41 AM
I've recently broken up with my girlfriend and even though it has almost been a year and I decided to break it off I still found it to be hard to find out that she was sleeping around and that she was dating numerous guys at once. Probably because I still love her in a way but most likely because I know that it's not who she really is.
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2006 10:07:30 AM
One ex got married and had a kid....called me up to apologize a year later for the way things ended...I said no hard feelings and that was that......
He called me up again telling me he saw me walking downtown and I looked good...do you wanna have coffee and catch up...uhm....I hate coffee and I don't think so...but I wished him all the best!
Last ex...that's a tough one....I still love him...he still loves me....we just have different priorities and a lot has happened and changed in our lives....when he tells me when he has someone new.....hurts a lil but I am happy that he isn't alone (although sometimes he admits, he only says that to get a reaction out of me).....
If I saw him for myself with someone...it would bug me a lil although we will always be friends, it's really unhealthy to be so entangled in each other's lives so I would be happy for him and hope that he would be happy for me.
Geez, this was harder to answer than I thought....lol
 someonelikeyou
Msg: 63
Posted: 4/23/2006 10:20:49 AM
The first time I seen my ex with someone else HE was uncomfortable, I wasnt. I always want him happy, just not with me.
 DacaInaru
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/23/2006 10:30:52 AM
when I found out my ex's new girlfriend was pregnant.. I was estatic.. it was undescribable joy.. cause finally.. he was tied to someone else and no longer had a reason to toture me with the bullshit of lets work this out.. after 5 years you'd of thunk he would have given up..

finally did.. our relationship has never been better.. and he bring over his little girl so that her and my daughter can maintain a relationship although the mother of this child is a **** on wheels... i accept this little girl as my daughter sister and she is always welcomed in my home..

so I was very happy about it.
 slick6
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/23/2006 10:34:30 AM
If I was crazy about the girl, then it would be difficult. It is necessary in the end to help with the transition. Usually it obliterates (or should) all hope of getting back together.
 berkana
Msg: 66
Posted: 4/23/2006 11:27:15 AM
I haven't actually seen my ex with his new wife. Apparently she wants absolutely nothing to do with me...I have no idea why. I'm really quite happy for them though. From what I hear, the suit each other perfectly! I hope they spend the rest of their lives making each other miserable. I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for...her...or him...But I'm just glad he's not in my life anymore.
 salgrl
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/28/2006 9:28:06 PM
I haven't seen my ex with the woman he had an affair with and now lives with. They want us all to be friends and act like the affair never happened. I am not sure I am comfortable with that. They want us all to act like Demi Moore, Ashton and Bruce Willis. Does it ever work like that?
 Fire-N-Ice
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/28/2006 10:22:23 PM
Funny story.... I have a son from a different relationship... I lived in nyc with my son but moved to canada to be with my husband and my sons father came down to visit my son.. he brought his girlfriend with him they was supose to stay at the hotel but we (My husband and I) said they (my ex and his girlfriend) can stay at my house lol was wierd but my son had more time with his father then
 Pallas Athena
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/28/2006 10:52:10 PM
Just this month I saw my ex with his new gf and thought.....Thank god I'm not with him. I gave his gf my sincerest condolences....
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/28/2006 11:05:44 PM

Well-

When this happened I wasn't quite over her Yet............

It was uncomfortable......I smiled and gritted My teeth as She told Me about it....on the outside I was cool as ice............but the inner fire told a much more horrible story of Biblical proportions,,,,It felt like some one took a bucket of molten hot lava and threw it on My heart...This new Man...this new love.......I wanted to rip his heart out of his chest and hold it in front of him as his last dying breaths he could see it beating in front of Him.... I had visions of running over him in my truck and hitting rewind repeatedly.......lmao!!!

After the numbness past I felt a fire welling up in my stomach that could only be matched to that the likes of fire and brimstone...I had visions of throwing Him off a high cliff and listening to him scream until He hit bottom.......<-----this was Me...inside but outside I was calm and cool...

In My Heart I will always Love Her......and I love Her enough to carry on and Be happy with some one who will love Her for Who She is...not that I couldn't...its just that it was not meant to be for Us......I hope She is well and I hope She is happy........I will always love Her no matter what.

and Yes I'm over Her now...thank God......
 OceanMyst
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/30/2006 3:59:49 PM
I'd be happy to know that he's moved on and is letting go of the past. You love, you hurt, you say good-bye, and you find someone who is more compatible. Just because we didn't work out, doesn't mean I want him to be alone. Yay for finding new interests. Congrats and good luck. Life is too short to spend it alone.
 getinmyarms
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/30/2006 5:58:28 PM
as I was reading your post, I thought to myself, baggage, she still loves him, cant let go and all that, then, as I continued to read, I knew my idea was wrong, and may I say ma'am you seem ready to enter into a relationship whenever you choose to. You are over it.
your future is yours.
B
 nicenfriendly
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/1/2006 1:36:31 AM
i would think thank goodness at least he has moved on now i can do the same !!!!!!
 hightechredneck
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2006 2:03:23 AM
It does not bother me to see any of my EX's with new people. I do however have one ex that can't stand seeing me with a new girl. She is the one that broke off that relationship after cheating on me. Since the relationship ended she has had 2 children by 2 different guys, been merried, and divorced. It reaaly pi$$#$ me off when she sees me with a new female and starts her shit just to stop whatever she sees going on. All we have to be doing is talking and she buts in.
 sweetteddy
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/1/2006 2:16:19 AM
I am so happy to see my ex with someone . My son is totally happy with it, since he lives with dad......my ex and his g/f just bought a house...there moving next weekend, my son is so excited......she must be nice.......Happy for both of them....everybody deserves happiness.

Sweet
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Seeing your ex with someone new