Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Remember when sex was dirty?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 claypot
Msg: 47
Remember when sex was dirty?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
From what I have learned, we really haven't traveled that much further ahead.

Sure, sex is talked about more freely, but the old saying, "talks cheap" comes to mind in a real hurry.

I have also learned that men who talk ALOT about sex and how they can satify their woman, , oh sorry, lost it for a second. Those type of men, are the ones I stay clear of. Sex is something that takes place between two people(most of the time) And shouldn't be advertised, BUT, then again, I joke alot about sex, just not the real detailed stuff.

Any way, to the point, if sex have advanced, then why is it that a large portion of men still live in the dark ages, and not to many are willing to try something new. I don't mean swingin from the lights type stuff, just something little, maybe on the slight edge of kinky, but still not harming anyone in the process.

Open mind and a sense of adventure tends to bring out the best in a relationship, but then again this is JMO.
 interesting12
Msg: 48
Remember when sex was dirty?
Posted: 12/23/2006 5:52:28 AM
Jump right in. You can swim.

Not something you'd forget.
 blazinsun59
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/23/2006 6:38:11 PM
how about when sex was dirty....the air was still clean...... even in LA
 jmg052
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/23/2006 9:27:31 PM
only if you make it that way, of course back when people didn't talk about sex, they made one feel it was something dirty, but only doing it as a one night stand, of course there is a different between having sex and making love.

I was reading some of the responces, the men or women who have to talk about who they jump into bed with, whether is was good or not, just show had dum they are on talking about it. They never heard the old saying, don't kiss and tell. What two people do behind close doors is their business.
 NapJoe
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/27/2007 5:29:38 PM
According to Woody Allen sex is only dirty if you're doing right.

"Remember when sex wasn't talked about so freely? When it wasn't depicted in every film, tv show and commericial? When it wasn't discussed freely between men and women? When fetishes were not reduced to hobbies? When thinking about sex was considered "dirty"? Does anyone else think it was more exciting back then?
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/2/2007 5:45:46 PM
I havent had it in so long I have trouble just remembering it at all !
 Tarika
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/2/2007 5:52:25 PM
I don't ever remember sex as being a dirty thing and I'm of the older generation. I was brought up in a home where sex was talked about openly. I talk to my boys about sex as well....even if they oooo and awwwww.
 Genrae
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/3/2007 1:19:12 AM

Remember when sex wasn't talked about so freely? When it wasn't depicted in every film, tv show and commericial? When it wasn't discussed freely between men and women? When fetishes were not reduced to hobbies? When thinking about sex was considered "dirty"? Does anyone else think it was more exciting back then?
Now that it's no longer considered "dirty" for most, unfortunately, it's become vulgar. Some, mainly the younger generation, speak of sex with such open vulgarity.
 rudianne
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2007 5:59:58 PM
i try to remember sex...........................
 BLonde^j^AngeL
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:46:49 PM

Remember when sex wasn't talked about so freely? When it wasn't depicted in every film, tv show and commericial? When it wasn't discussed freely between men and women? When fetishes were not reduced to hobbies? When thinking about sex was considered "dirty"? Does anyone else think it was more exciting back then?

forbidden fruit tastes sweeter...
 calguy14
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:13:04 PM
Too bad it's been everywhere else. :)
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:18:40 PM
I don't know about dirty, but the first film I saw that had any sexual overtones was in 1969.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
The scene with Robert Redford and Katherine Ross where her shirt was unbuttoned....think I saw that about 5 times just for that scene.

When life was innocent I suppose.......
 Demidar
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/3/2015 6:18:07 PM
I am thinking that most of us aren't old enough to remember when sex was dirty . Never had to worry about disease like now so maybe it is dirty (diseased ) now . Will be interesting when men have to start carrying consent forms around , I will need a witness as well :)
 dragonbytes
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/3/2015 7:24:03 PM

I don't think I am old enough to remember this period of history. I recall taking a first date to Deep Throat in 1972, that was a real faux pas. I was embarrassed at how graphic the film was. Does that count as the age of innocence?

I don't know about dirty, but the first film I saw that had any sexual overtones was in 1969.

I will never forget it, it was 1966, I was 14 years old. The nun took us to see the musical "Damm Yankees". She thought it was about good and evil, but was very angry when she was watching the musical.

It was only puppets, but I WAS a teenage male. The Devil's assistant was Lola, and she sung the song.

Sarah Vaughan "Whatever Lola Wants"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvcaSBN82ns

I can still get a little turned on by that song.
 petula1908
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/3/2015 9:47:57 PM
And at 12 I was told about the birds and bees and I was never going to have thing/penis that he wees with, in me ughhhh!
Mother said that when two people love each other, they like to do it and it is called making love. I soon found out, not necessarily....
 anita_lay
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 11:20:38 PM

I don't know about dirty, but the first film I saw that had any sexual overtones was in 1969

First date I had with my first boyfriend was to see Deliverance (1972). Squeal like a pig? OMG.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/4/2015 6:12:42 AM

I will need a witness as well

I know right? Who would ever believe you were even asked.
 chameleonf
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/4/2015 1:05:50 PM
At this age I fondly call it "gettin' down 'n' dirty".
 bluemoon24_7
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/4/2015 1:11:39 PM

First date I had with my first boyfriend was to see Deliverance (1972). Squeal like a pig? OMG.

Anita, same for me, not the first date...maybe 5th or 6th. No, not a good date movie, I had to leave for the lobby of the theatre during that scene. And yes, I later married him.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/4/2015 1:12:01 PM

I am thinking that most of us aren't old enough to remember when sex was dirty . Never had to worry about disease like now

Last I researched, Syphillis still kills.
 Demidar
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/4/2015 1:42:57 PM
Don't they have something for every letter of the alphabet now ?
 Maleman999
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/4/2015 2:32:21 PM
I remember as a kid when sex was dirty. Sex ed in high school was like medical anatomy class. We were shown pictures (drawings) of a cutaway section of the groin area and the internal parts, and told what those parts function was, and told penis into vagina produces babies. Then I go home and watch TV shows, where married couples never kissed, were never affectionate, and never slept together, but they managed to have kids. It must have been by immaculate conception.

And when TV became more risque later by showing couples kissing and holding hands, parents were horrified and didn't want their kids seeing that because it was too dirty. Plus churches jumped on the bandwagon and said these show were corrupting the youth, which will turn them into devil worshippers.
 daynadaze
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2015 2:48:51 PM
There was a time when heavy-handed censorship was practiced by some with a need to control and who seemed to have some deep issues with sex and truth, but that was actually a short time given the length of human history, before that it was pretty loose, even in times when it was supposed to be 'wholesome' there were many doing some pretty *dirty* things going on. It's a very limited mind that thinks there was once a wholesome world with only clean sex and now it's anything goes. And those overly wholesome 50's, they were full of sex, dirty sex, and every trick was used to get the word out, just because there were twin beds and a foot on the floor didn't mean the movies were clean or pure.

That same old tired line of remember when everything was good and now it's horrible, has been said by every single generation of humans. It never was true and it never will be, humans and sexuality has always been the same, censorship never, ever cleaned it up no matter how much control it tried to enforce. Sexual censorship has the same effect that prohibition had on alcohol use.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/4/2015 3:27:36 PM

That same old tired line of remember when everything was good and now it's horrible, has been said by every single generation of humans.

I agree. There's movies from the 20s/30s/40s where there's hardcore banging filmed -- money shots, the whole nine yards. And they're not super-rare items either. I think when you have little communication of ideas except newspapers and gossip/society, it's easier to keep a wholesome image. Sure, there's generations of more-wholesome/less-wholesome (20s were worse than the 50s, for instance). In the information age, you can't silent the crowd. I think though that it takes away from it all. No longer can Wholesome Wendy think she's a bobcat in the sack with bragging rights because she (gasp/blush) had missionary sex with her husband - lol.

Last I researched, Syphillis still kills.

Not when one takes penicillin... a lot of things will kill ya if you go untreated.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2015 4:49:45 PM
What I found laughable was when my father found out what gay men actually do for sexual pleasure. At the age of 59. He was very shocked, and couldn't fathom any of it. I didn't want to embarrass him, but I did double over laughing when he was out of hearing range.

He did grow up in the era of "dirty" sex. And those silly 8mm films where people did it, but with goofy masks on to hide their identity. A friend of mine's father had a couple of those, and he sneaked them out and we watched them. Very hilarious.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Remember when sex was dirty?