Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > men, this ones for you... what would you do if you met a woman who...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 57
men, this ones for you... what would you do if you met a woman who.......Page 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
what do you mean by controlling stuff?

I think what you will see is she is someone who is in control of HER LIFE...
she does not wish to control yours !

what do you consider controlling stuff?
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 58
men, this ones for you... what would you do if you met a woman who.......
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:37:44 AM
oh really? so you think everyone who has money
is the same then.

Interesting.

You did not read the threads first page.... she lives a very simple life....
and she does not love money.
I guess most people do not understand this... as most people
love money and seriously misunderstand it.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:41:11 AM
flux you are wrong....
money is a tool and can only buy things.....
and not everyone who has money lives an outlandish lifestyle.
have you never read the book "The Millionaire next Door"

?
you should.
It might give you some insights you have no knowledge of.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:18:11 AM
I feel sorry for you ^
and be careful what you wish for....
you just may get it.....
only not in the form you may expect.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:49:50 AM
green thinking cap must be working....

if you want proof read the 6 pages and you will see
MOST is most correct

you should see the emails I got concerning this.... most men admit
they would be very resentful... guess they just didnt want to post it
here
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:12:09 PM
drk, you know not many people see it as you do.

I agree too many put too much emphasis on it and greed takes over.
There is being balanced and centered and respectful that life can
take some twists and turns.
 rrlarry
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:33:53 PM
finanancially secure, not at all , would let me know that she has had her mind on her future instead of just the spur of the moment. hell of a lot better than living beyond your means and using credit to get by.
 baseball467
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:55:42 PM
i didn't read all of the posts but op is this imaginary women actually you?
 unk
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/12/2006 8:33:06 PM
I don't see your problem. I see confusion on your part whether love equals money and vice/versa. I'm retired(since age 42) And made my own future happen,why not EXPECT the same from 'her'. If it's yourself wer'e talking about, Post a real picture and see your responses. I don't see my money as a point to date or have relations, I did it for myself. If 'she' did the same, why can't I meet her. "Love in times of no money is better than money in times of no love" ct.
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/13/2006 4:49:08 AM
this woman is you isn't it?let me ask you a question?do you like being with this person?does he make you feel good about yourself?do you have fun and do things together?i say if you really care about this guy everything really shouldn't matter at all or else thinking to much about this will stress you out and it will put a strain in your relationship is that what you really want?
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:16:57 PM
no this is not me... its a friend and she
says she has a lot of trouble because men become insecure...

From what I have seen... I guess she is right

Again its not about her money or income.
Its about mens response to it and her when they find out she
retired at a young age.
 kindapicky
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/17/2006 2:50:05 PM
Make me uneasy, heck not teach me...lol
Jealous, no blessed.
Next am I attracted to her for more than friends....lol
 Billbug
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/20/2006 10:38:24 PM
Perhaps she is a lady of the night? I would certainly like to know how she survives her lifestyle. Does it not make you curious? It does, or you would not have posted the question......
 whatif714
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/17/2006 3:06:44 AM
Well my experience with this hasn't been good. I'm not wealthy and don't have all the free time the OP's friend does, actually I work my butt off. But I make a pretty good living and have since my early 20's. So many times I've met someone and they think my independence and self-sufficiency are great things, at least that's what they say. And if they didn't why get involved with me in the first place, right?

Then things change. As the relationship progresses they get upset that I don't "need" them enough. Seems I'm supposed to become dependent, and since I have what I need financially then I'm supposed to become clingy and emotionally needy. I realize it's their insecurity and their issue, but it still hurts when they leave, especially for such a silly reason. I can't figure out why it becomes a threat? I thought as you spend more time together confidence would rise. One of them actually told me that no man should allow his wife to earn more then him, wanted me to quit working so we could keep dating. Said anyone that would date me while I have a successful career is not a man. I just don't get it. I sure hope things have changed.
 sparticuss
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:27:27 AM
Fran Gal

The only times I've heard of this causing clashes is if the girl has a problem with a guy who makes less money than she does.

And then it causes serious problems.

The rest of the stuff that either helps, or wrecks relationships has nothing to do with money and everything to do with attitude.
 Witchypoo
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/17/2006 10:41:12 AM
I am happy to say that pretty much describes me.

:))
Witchy
 puppy666
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/17/2006 1:31:02 PM
THE OLD $$$ ISSUE. IF A LADY (WOMAN) MADE MORE THAN I, THAT WOULD THRILL ME. POVERTY TAKES UP MOST PEOPLE'S TIME ANYWAY. I AM FORTUNATE AT THIS TIME IN MY LIFE TO HAVE A STEADY INCOME WITHOUT LABORING AND SHARE MOST OF IT WITH STRANGERS,TIPPING,GROWNUP KIDS,GAMBLING,AND OF COURSE FOOD,SHELTER,SEX,INTOXICATION. I NEED TO SPEND MORE ON SEX. IT'S EXTREMELY HARD FOR ME TO FIND A GOOD WOMAN, SO I TEND TO BE ALOOF AND SOLITARY. THAT WILL CHANGE WHEN I START TRAVELING THIS JANUARY. MOST WOMEN WOULD KICK THE MAN OUT OF THE HOME IF HE WASN'T PROVIDING $$$ FOR THE HOUSEHOLD. MONEY CHANGED CIVILILIZAION FOR THE WORSE. WE WERE SO MUCH BETTER OFF WHEN WE WERE TRIBAL SUBHUMANS. NOW ALL WE'VE BECOME IS PLASTIC IMITATORS OF TELEVISION. GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME. THE 10 TH COMMANDMENT: DO NOT COVET THY NEIGHBORS GOODS DOESN'T APPLY IN AMERICA. OH WELL, I AM OVER MEDICATED AND NEED TO GET STONED. DO ME A FAVOR,AND CAST A SPELL ON ME!
 whatif714
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:10:37 PM
Thanks Mislarn and exposed, I was beginning to feel alone out here. Yes, at first they have all said it's not an issue at all. Or are very happy with the idea. Somewhere down the line their attitude changes and it's no longer ok for their woman to be successful, and absolutely not independent. I really think it's the self sufficiency even more than the income. Suddenly I am expected to be reliant for any type of decision making. I've actually had to ask how they imagined I survived 30 years before meeting them. It doesn't seem to be as big a deal now, but maybe only because I haven't dated much since my marriage ended.
 brules
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:46:36 AM
I do not see the problem

An articulate woman who is sucessful

This would make her more attractive rather than make me uneasy
 kpr 2
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2007 6:54:27 AM
i would have no problem with that
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 77
Posted: 7/3/2007 5:19:58 PM
.... I would ask her what time shes dancing at THE PINK PUSSYCAT
 weirdscienceofluv
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/3/2007 5:20:48 PM
No problem at all with it, im similar in many ways to that, actually. Financial security is awesome, and its a part of our overall security system. Props to her and to all the others out there doing well, its a great life isnt it!
 Xcen
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2007 5:24:21 PM
Fran
I am not an average guy, so my answer won't count??? Who cares what wealth the woman has as long as she doesnt drag the guy down financially? What is in her heart, her mind , and her soul is what the relationship will revolve around. At least I would hope so.
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 80
Posted: 7/3/2007 5:33:59 PM
That would be fantastic. The more money in the pot the merrier.
 bonzos1
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2007 2:21:04 PM
What's there to be jealous of? I'm in the same boat....financially securied and independent, have lots of free time seeing I'm retired. Actually it would be a relief to meet someone like that. I'm not used to finding women like the one you described. Make me uneasy? Not a chance....I would actually welcome that type of person in my life.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > men, this ones for you... what would you do if you met a woman who.......