Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mickey_brown_eyes
Msg: 2
Lower Back tatoos = a good Icebreaker?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
if she's wearing a really low cut shirt, will you go up to her and say 'hey, nice tits' ????

azblueskies57
Msg: 4
Lower Back tatoos = a good Icebreaker?
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:11:54 PM
I couldn't appreciate a woman with a tat there or anywhere.
 mickey_brown_eyes
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:12:37 PM
what i mean by the tits comment is just because she's exposing something, doesn't mean she's exposing it for you to ogle it and comment on it...

Fran_Gal
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:23:26 PM
wow, having to get real creative

Intercooler
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:10:28 PM
Get a cooler car first. Then talk about her tats.
 Fenris Lupin
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:15:02 PM
heh , i hang out at a tattoo shop and we call those " Tramp Stamps "
 topazscorpian
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:45:23 PM
Mickey_Brown_Eyes...I like how you think !
 luckiistarsii
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:14:55 PM
i have lower back tattoos...i like ppl who notice them and like them. =)
 bluedew
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:27:58 PM
I have a lower back tatt, third of a set. So anyone gets any ideas that it's a tramp stamp, better adjust that thinking buddy. Like the lady said, tribal markings do not make us tramps.
 DickBoston
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:28:45 PM
People dress sexy and hot because they want to feel sexy and hot. People want to be appreciated - people like human interaction.
People don't like geeky nerds gawking and trying to pretend they are making Innocent conversation when they are obviously trying to score - unless they have a tramp stamp of course then they pretty much like anything and will do it with anyone.
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:38:15 PM
GOOD ICEBREAKER FOR SURE!A NICE GIRL I ONCE KNEW HAD ONE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF HER BACK AND THATS HOW WE ACTUALLY MET!!
 Intercooler
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:18:56 PM
Yeah, I think they would be an interesting way to get a woman's attention. I have been thinking about getting one, but have yet to decide how wide and how high. I am tempted to get my naval pierced too, but I don't really have any shirts that are short enough, so I need to broaden my wardrobe too.

Your local customs may vary, but where I'm at, pierced navels on men are typically a display of their homosexuality, akin to the way piercing the right ear used to be viewed. (Not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Might just wanna double check that one, sport.
 mickey_brown_eyes
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:44:13 PM

heh, i hang out at a hair salon and we call middle aged men with long hair.....oh, never mind

lol @ WorkingGirl

canadianbakeun
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:29:09 AM
you know what's great about tramp stamps?....they'll look really good when the chick is about fifty......(what's that grandma?....ha) and no there not a good icebreaker.....they just show em off cuz they think they're cool....plus if you're looking at that then you're looking at her ass and you don't know how she'll feel about that......so there ya go....
 Showmearound
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:11:51 PM
Where i come from they call a lower back tatoo a Tramp-Stamp!!! So i guess its a good ice breaker ;)
 gentlewm
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/9/2006 10:29:09 PM
Well I guess that I am just not that shy. I have commented to several women about a nice tatoo, on thier lower back, if I felt it deserved comment, because it was unusal or just stood out. Personnally, I would not persue the conversation beyond that point. I have heard many men comment to the effect that a tattoo on the lower back is a slut badge, meaning easy sex. I find women wearing tattoo's a major turn off, but that is me, meaning you can't generalize from that and interpret that to mean that you should behave this way or that. If you find that attractive (tattoo's), and you need that kind of an ice breaker then use it, what the hell.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/10/2006 3:39:32 AM

Tattoo on lower back? May as well be a bullseye.

Well, I imagine if you have that kind of predator attitude anything you say just might get you slapped.

I am conflicted on these - to me, they're like swimsuits. The right one, on the right person, looks awesome. The wrong one, &/or on the wrong person, is detractive. But, hey, tats are a personal decision.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:30:20 PM

Actually that was a line from Wedding Crashers..hilarious movie.

Ah, then you have my apologies. I have heard that "Wedding Crashers" is funny.

As for tats, I don't think I'd be using it as an ice-breaker; might find something else ("Wow! You enjoy Tolstoy, too???" ), then bring it up later. One reason might be that if you mention the tat first, the lady might be thinking the first thing you actually checked out was her a***.

That might be true, but, hey, let's not be gauche at first contact!
 buffy_1223
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/14/2006 9:23:53 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i have one, and it has been 8 years! stop thinking it's more than it is! its a tattoo, in a spot that i like! doesnt mean that its a "bulls eye"

ever since wdding crashers, girls who have them have become sl....
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 42
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:11:44 AM

That is her intention...by having her tattoo THERE< she wants you to be checking that part of her body out actually.

That's arguable. Just because there's a tattoo on the lower back doesn't mean you should go lower and check the quality of the gluteus maximus. Do you do the same if you see a navel tattoo? Or if the tattoo is on a male, is he asking for someone to check his goods?

Anyway, as I said, it's not whether or not you can check her out, it's whether it's respectful, or even smart, to bring it up as an icebreaker.

True story - when I was in college, a guy I know approached a girl in a department store. He literally said, "Hey, you've got a nice a** - want to go out tonight?" I'll let you figure out her answer.
 SWSpice
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/15/2007 7:42:12 PM
I never thought much about tats until.............. I went with my son on a school field trip to the museum ( he was 8 at the time) and his second grade teacher bent over to show the kids something and there it was! A big wide tramp stamp. Ugh. It was impossible to take her as a serious teacher after that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >