Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ladies, please read and tell me your thoughts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 negotiable
Msg: 24
Ladies, please read and tell me your thoughtsPage 3 of 2    (1, 2)
The way I see it, it wasnt the height issue that sent her bawling on your datenight. You didnt get what she meant when she invited you to come showed you around, played s****d trivia game, talk for 2 hours, blah blah blah, then time to go home, invited you again to her house, sits close to you, a little cuddle.. and until she came to the last resort: Do I get a hug? still you didnt take that clue....

That was the issue!!!!.............
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Ladies, please read and tell me your thoughts
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:07:14 AM
Yea ^^^^ I'm with "still" on this. I'm thinking the height issue was just an excuse. Since you didn't lie and 1/2 inch is really nothing to sneeze at if you're really connecting ... I'm thinking she may have wanted more.

Actually, I was enjoying reading that you were a "gentleman" and did not push for the whole basket of fruit. Too bad that you two were connecting so nicely and then that happened. Maybe she'll rethink things, but no matter. If she wanted more, she should have just said so and not made up the height thing.

If it really was the height thing ... then that's stupid ... you don't need that!
 lionshead
Msg: 26
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:19:28 AM
well this height issue was a first for me. Thankyou for your input. She still calls and wants to hang out and stuff.. I wasn't about to spank a girl that I liked on the first date. If thats what was expected then thats not someone I want to date. I can go to the bar and pick up any girl to do that with.. Been there, done that.. I'm looking for a "good" girl. But I hear they don't exist! Thanks everyone and good luck to all!!!
 Morgan18
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:36:26 AM
I'm sorry but what a Phycotic dumb B**ch lol, thats tha dumbest thing i heard, she was actually crying?
 nurseanne
Msg: 28
my thoughts....
Posted: 3/8/2006 12:11:59 PM
It sounds like things really went well. Hopefully she is telling the truth about the height thing, rather then using it as an excuse. If you really care about this girl, perhaps keep things at a friendship level, and perhaps downt he road, she will be comfortable enough with the height issues. Sometimes when one has a problem with something about themselves, that they dont like, they push people away because they figure they think the same thing.
 AudioEdit
Msg: 29
view profile
History
my thoughts....
Posted: 3/8/2006 4:32:37 PM
hah.. dude, you should definately send this girl the link to this page so that she can see what a douche she is being
 singledaddy33
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2006 4:45:26 PM
DUDE!!! the only thing to say is that this woman has some kind of super soacial complex,in other words she would be to embarrased to be seen in public with because that means she's the alpha male.unfortantley women now days are more into public image than they are realism
(and they **** at us for not bieng real)point is god made you the way he did and that's the most immportant thing thier are alot of good women in the world still,we just have to find them,keep looking and forget what's her name
 BarnBabe
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/8/2006 7:14:23 PM
OP - you lied about your height. I think that's the bigger issue here. Grrrr
 cotter
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:38:09 AM
@BarnBabe ... wait a minute ... OP said he went home and re-measured himself and he was still the same height as he reported and is in his profile. She is apparently taller than she said!
Msg. 19 ...
I'am 5'11.. i was soo bummed I came home and measured my self.. she was wrong!!

You know the thought occurs to me that she's taller than she said and embarrassed about it and that could be her problem.
 MISS RIGHT
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/9/2006 12:58:43 AM
Hi there,
IF YOU REALLY LIKE HER,PLEASE GIVE YOURSELF A SECOND CHANCE THAT YOU PHONE HER AGAIN TO INVITE HER TO GO OUT FOR DINNER AND TELL HER HONESTLY WHAT YOU ARE REALLY THINKING OF HER FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART AND WHAT YOU ARE LIKE SO THAT SHE CAN UNDERSTAND YOU MORE.IF SHE REFUSES YOUR INVITATION,I THINK PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO FORGET HER BECAUSE THERE ARE STILL A LOT OF GOOD LADIES WAITING FOR A GOOD GUY AS YOU.DON'T WASTE OF YOUR PRECIOUS TIME ON THE LADY WHO ISN'T SUITABLE FOR YOU!LIFE IS SHORT!
 alunaria62
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:05:59 AM
What was it my best friend used to say.... oh yea

Nose to Nose your toes is in it
Toes to Toes your nose is in it
Either way.. it might be fun..
Dont stress on it man... move on.. another even better woman will come along and she wont give a frig about an inch of height. Heck.. Im 5'7 and I once dated a guy who was 5'3.. and we had a blast!!
 Chloe9
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/9/2006 6:33:35 AM
Unbelievable, I'm 5'10" and one of my favourite dates was only 5'5"...what's half an inch?
 cotter
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:39:57 PM
I doubt that this is really about the OP's height.
 Jen1975
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 12:46:24 PM
Anyone who would have such an emotional breakdown over a half an inch has some deep insecurities. It wasn't about whether she liked you or not, it was about whether you would look good standing next to her when she introduced you to her friends. You are better off finding a great down to earth girl who doesn't value appearance as much as they do quality...
 cuteandreal
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:22:22 PM
That is the craziest thing that I have ever heard. Did this really happen to you? Are you serious?

I don't know about you ladies but I would NEVER do the following:

1. Tell a guy that I really liked them and nothing could possibly mess it up until I ACTUALLY MET THEM
2. Ask a total stranger who I met over the internet to my house for our first meeting...what are 'ya crazy!
3. Give them the grand tour of the house, show him where I grew up etc (all on a first date???)...
4. And then be shocked and surprised if I wasn't attracted to them for some crazy reason.

Sounds like your girl went a little too fast...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

If this really did happen to you then I am really sorry that it did. I prefer to date men who are taller than me...just a preference...but I would never turn down a guy who was 1/2inch shorter than me....but some women would...that's why she should WAIT until she actually met you before she made up her mind...

I just have to ask...

has she measured herself since then?

Did she not notice the height difference BEFORE the hug?
 terminallycute
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:41:01 PM
sweetie,

The girl has issues and she made up this ridiculous excuse for what ever reason. I prefer taller guys too, but the last person in my life was my height and you know what?..you just see past it. If you really like someone then the small things..( no pun intended) just dont seem to matter as much.

Just go on being you, if the two of you were meant to be together then it will happen. Just dont sit around waiting because it will just make you crazy. Keep smiling and be true to yourself.

Best Wishes
 stilldancing
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:54:43 PM
Sounds to me as though a) you were not truthful in your description - does not bode well for an honest relationship, and b) she is far too "image" oriented.

Those two factors do not make a great combination. What I'd like to know is, why didn't she say something when she first saw you, like "hey, I thought you said you were 5" 11". What gives?" rather than waiting until all the good connecting and warm fuzzies were being passed around?

For me, height is only important in a dance partner, and even then a good pair of cowboy boots usually fixes that, at least up to an inch.

I wouldn't care how tall someone is for a relationship, as long as I still felt feminine around him. Several inches would probably be a challenge for me, as I'm not a little delicately boned thing. But I'm 5'7" which isn't hugely tall, and guys less that 5'6" aren't all that common anyway, so not usually an issue.
 bbycks2124
Msg: 41
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:43:12 PM
As it sounds to me it wasn`t really the height issue, it was probally she expected more than just a hug and a kiss. I would prefer honesty up frontt which she did not do, than to have someone come up with a lame excuse as height.
 maree12
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:21:03 PM
I am assuming that you ARE 5' 11", and NOT 5' 8" because a lack of inches is not really easy to hide. I have to say that I am not interested in men who are shorter than me, which is crazy, but, it is a parent thing, My Dad was taller than my Mum, and 2 years older, so that, to me is the way it should be (my perfect man who I have recently lost is 6' and 10 years older, and that seems perfect now).
Yes, if you have your heart set on a partner who is taller than you, then you do turn down the guy who is ideal in other ways to wait for the one who you think is perfect. If the thing that you don't like is in your face all the time, like your partner being shorter than you would be, then it is far more annoying to you than the fact that he likes football and you don't, or something else that is not there all the time, but really is more of a problem.
 AliciaMarie1
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2006 5:32:31 PM
Hey yeah i would be bummed to but to be honest some girls just cant get passed certian things and she probably felt really self concious about her height growing up and dating shorter guys might just be to weird even though half a inch is kinda ridiculous well actually the whole situation is but thats just her.She might have to wait for this taller guy for the rest of her life if she keeps turning down perfectly good men
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:00:34 PM
Well seems like another shallow person that girl was. Move on and you will find someone right.
 keepingit
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:35:20 AM
You didn't make a move. She has a hidden standard. That standard is.."If the guy isn't man enough to go for it then he's out." Sorry man.
 a*lil*bit
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/3/2006 12:41:38 PM
Here's my thought, If she truly liked you "ALOT" as she says she did, then a stupid inch is not going to matter, not to anyone. I can tell you that I too prefer taller men, however, I met someone who is not much taller than myself at all and I don't even notice. It's what's inside the person that matters and how they feel about you and treat you. Height, weight, hair color, skin color, eye color does it really matter? I think not! Who you and they are as people is what truly matters. Forget about her and move on, there's alot less superficial women out there that truly want you for you. People come and go in your life and if you truly want to be happy for the rest of your life, someone as rude and selfish as she is is not someone you want to be a part of your life. Count your lucky stars that you saw her for who she truly is now and not later down the road when you really fell in love with her. She'd only bring you down.
 medic4u2
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/3/2006 3:37:49 PM
HI, I READ UR BLOG AND I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT HEIGHT IS SOMEWHAT IMPORTANT IF UR A TALL WOMAN, BUT NO IT SHOULDNT BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR IN DATING SOMEONE.THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LINE TO ME, MAYBE SHE REALLY DIDNT LIKE YOU BUYT SHE DIDNT WANT TO HURT UR FEELINGS, WHO KNIWS. I KNOW THAT IM TALL AND I DONT LIKE TO DATE GUYS SHORTER ONLY BECAUSE THATS HOW I AM. BUYT IF U READ SOMEONES PROFILE AND THAT IS AN ISSUE THATS THE TIME TO FIND OUT,NOT AFTER FIRST DATE.I SAY U R A CUTE GUY, ULL FIND SOMEONE WHOSE NOT HUNG UP ON STUPID SHIT LIKE THAT,AND SHE WILL LOVE YOU AND HAVE ALL THE GUALITIES YOU R LOOKIN FOR. SHE MAY BE, AND PROBABLY WILL BE, BETTER THAN WHAT U THINK U HAve given up w/her. JUST DONT INVEST ANYMORE TIME IN THIS GIRL, ITS NOT WORTH IT.ANYONE WHO IS THAT SHALLOW IS NOT WORTH UR LOVE OR UR TIME. GOOD LUCK TO U AND I KNOW YOU WILL FIND THAT SPECIAL PERSON SOON, JUST DONT GIVE UP AND DONT INVEST ANYMORE OF UR THOUGHTS OR TIME WITH THAT!!!! TAKE CARE PS, I AM A WOMAN!
 freddychick28
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:27:50 PM
IM sorry to say this but its just an excuse on her part..if she is gonna worry about height than she is a very shallow person...sounds like she passed up a good thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Ladies, please read and tell me your thoughts