Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flybuttersocial
Msg: 241
How come we all get so picky after 30? Page 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I'm not that picky, I think most guys aren't. For the most part I believe women to be far too picky searching out Mr. Movie Perfection that rarely exists.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 248
How come we all get so picky after 30?
Posted: 3/18/2010 2:49:17 PM

I ve been single for nearly four years and can count the amount of dates i ve been on , on one hand . Started to think it was just me .I can find something that puts me off every man I meet and than I start making a big deal of it in my mind and lunch them with some poor excuse

Yes, it IS just you, no doubt about it. :) You aren't interested in dating. If you suffer from Seinfeld-syndrome ("she eats her peas with a fork!"), saying you're picky or "high standards" would be a cop-out.
 ManInTheBox79
Msg: 262
Posted: 4/6/2010 10:07:11 AM
Lost innocence and stupidity. It's a shitty way to be tbh. I am 30 exactly, and I refuse to live by the I am picky adage. Why go into things with preconceived notions? You stand the chance of losing out on something amazing. Everybody is so wrapped in the "what does she have? And how does that translate to benefit me?" Forget that load of crap, people need to open their minds and hearts more. Somewhere along the way society has become so wrapped up in itself that we have forgotten what it's like to live!
 69lifein40s
Msg: 269
Posted: 6/1/2010 2:42:12 PM
It because we have seen life better and near, we developed more wisdom and common sense, we acquired patience and resilience, we want steady relationships, we want someone honest and trust worthy.. we had enough and Now seriously we want what we love with a peace of mind .. thats essence why we are picky
 HappierAbroad
Msg: 279
Posted: 8/19/2010 3:45:43 PM

This country is in trouble, there are way too many over weight people. If I do a search for women in my age group, easily 8 out of 10 are over weight.

Ohhh yes, serious trouble my friend. This weight issue is one of the main reasons I chose to date overseas where the optinos are FAAANTASTIC. But getting back on topic, ...
Some reasons why Americans are the most overweight in the world are: 1) too much time spent in cars and homes rather than walking/public transportation, 2) lack of exercise due to laziness and too much work, 3) too much sugar, processed bleached white flour, preservatives and grease in their mainstream foods (none of which are good for you), 4) overly large meal portions, especially at dinner, even in restaurants, 5) focus on dinner being the main and largest meal of the day rather than lunch, which throws your system off balance and increases weight gain. (many monks don't even eat dinner to maximize their spirituality) Ideally, dinner should be the smallest meal of the day and breakfast the biggest, but Americans do the opposite.

Quite sadly, it has been known for a long time that the American population is the most unhealthy and sick among the industrialized nations.
 HappierAbroad
Msg: 280
Posted: 8/19/2010 3:50:21 PM

Everybody is so wrapped in the "what does she have? And how does that translate to benefit me?" Forget that load of crap, people need to open their minds and hearts more. Somewhere along the way society has become so wrapped up in itself that we have forgotten what it's like to live!

AMEN! A leading US social psychologist agrees with you

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/articles/070304/12qa.htm

Americans are narcissitic and the trend is worrisome according to researchers. Everything is about "ME", and the almighty dollar. America is no longer one of the better places in the world to live because its society is becoming so sick . Very sad indeed
 Diancarock1976
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2011 2:13:16 AM
Exactly at the above post!! Less time to waste, I can tell if I will hit it off with a guy from the first few minutes of conversation with him. It's really becoming that simple which is why I am becoming comfortable in my state of mind. Guys in there thirties can be interesting at times, but I seriously get sick of hearing about your problems, and what your ex wife did to you, and all that other crap. Keep it simple and lively!!!! Especially on those first few dates, no one wants a pity party when they first meet. Geesh!!!!
 alkattola
Msg: 296
view profile
History
What are we doing?
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:03:40 PM
As we get older we have experienced things that we don't think its necessary to do again. Plus its harder to get rid of people that don't work out as we get older. Being busy and life is more complicated so therefore we don't allow as many people inot our lives without really investigating who they really are. I can't really tell you that its better to live this way or not but it is something we seem to do as we get older.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >