Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Ladies, do you want brutal honesty on your profile??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eddie0221
Msg: 101
Ladies, do you want brutal honesty on your profile??Page 5 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
baretta59f, You describe yourself very well. How about describing what you look for in a lifetime partner? Your last picture should be your main photo. You are a 65 year old HOTTIE!
Your first date ideas were cute. Good Luck to you!
 eddie0221
Msg: 102
Ladies, do you want brutal honesty on your profile??
Posted: 3/27/2006 5:39:11 PM
lorilvoesdaisies. Are you sure you love daisies? Your profile was painful to read. You are just so unsure of everything aren't you?

I'm unsure what to say about it!
 eddie0221
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/27/2006 6:21:24 PM
lorilovesdaisies. wow, complete turn around! I'm sorry for being so harsh on the other post. But i'm glad to see that you are in the right direction! Great job!
 eddie0221
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:15:58 PM
LIFEBEGINS4. How are you tonight? Looking at your profile, the first thing that I notice is "ALL CAPS". You should really change that. It is unpleasant to read and comes off as shouty!
I HAVE DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS THAT I WORK ON A DAILY BASIS
This sentence could be correct if your dreams and aspiration are actually to work every day. If that's not what you are trying to say, I would change it. Also you don't mention anything about what kind of man you are seeking. You are an attractive woman but you your photo does not do you any justice. I would say you would have to start from the begining with your profile and concentrate on the two main paragraphs, about me and about my mate.

hope this is helpful for you.
 eddie0221
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:00:18 PM
tacticalbaton, how are you? Your profile is a lot better the only thing that I see that would be a red flag is the "I can iron and do dishes" line. A lot of women frown on men that make everyday chores and duties as a positive to point out on a profile. They would expect that you do these things anyway living on your own and being a grown man. For example:

I clean, do laundry, dust, vaccume, take out the trash etc. In this day in age it is expected of us and not shown as a positive. Imagine how it would sound on a women's profile.

You can re-phrase to something like..."I'm not the type to think that a woman's place is in the kitchen" I believe that everday duties are most fun when shared with one another

Do you see where I'm coming from? I hope this helps a bit. Thanks for stopping by :-)

Eddie
 eddie0221
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:13:19 PM
Hello mtssh40, how are you? Looking at your profile I see that your sentences seem to just run on and on. For example and this is only one of your sentences:
Im a 40 year old single mom of 4 kids who keep me very busy, but I do get time for myself as well.

You can change that to maybe "I am a single woman of four kids. Although I can be very busy at times, I do find time for myself."

Your sentences that break with commas should be completed sentences. Use a couple paragraphs as well to make it pleasing to the eye. You are attractive but with better pictures I'm sure you would be "smokin". Good luck to you!
 eddie0221
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:22:30 PM
smiling duck. What up NYC! This is something that you need to change right now...ASAP! Make your second picture your main photo!! Unless of course that was your main and you switched it because you were getting flooded with e-mails.

The emoticons.........Do you think you can get rid of a couple?? Not saying to get rid of them all, just a couple. I know its hard but you can do it. When I was younger, I thought I couldn't give up my woobie but I did. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!! When I saw your photo thumbnail (main one) I thought to myself.....self, she's not the greatest looking around so be gentle. But than I clicked on your second photo. Um....wanna go out sometime? LOL You are beautiful. Young, but beautiful.

eddie0221
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:36:00 PM
fallenangel30, hello! As far as grammer goes I see senteces that are broken up with commas that should be periods. In the second paragraph, you need a comma after "relationship". You may have gone for "honesty" but you hit "boring". Spice it up a bit. It's too short and it doesn't stand out. Go into more detail about the man that you are looking to date.

You have listed that you are interested in "dating". In your first date idea remove the word "love" fast! people who are looking to just date don't want to hear that word at all!!

Your heading "do you want to go on an adventure with me" sounds kinda needy. You can change that by taking out "with me". You have 3 pictures that are taken in the same setting. Do you have other pictures so that they're not the same? Anyway, thanks for stopping by and Good luck to you!
 eddie0221
Msg: 109
Posted: 3/28/2006 9:37:51 PM

Thx Ed. I know, shitty pics. I need to get a new cam asap.

You are welcome. Sometimes it helps just to resize them. They may come out clearer. Good luck to ya!
 eddie0221
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:14:51 PM
bzyb27 I think your profile is perfect. I would not change anything. Your close-up picture makes you look older than what you are. I love the second picture and would make that you main. Good luck to you, cutie!
 eddie0221
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/28/2006 10:38:11 PM
i are nad.

but in the mean time, if you are just looking to add to your numbers, craving attention, want to ask me how much money I make, what do I drive or just want me to buy you stuff. You can go lay by your bowl...
This is where I stopped!

Let me open your eyes to something. ALL Women are precious gifts in this world! I don't care how dirty a woman has treated you, they still deserve RESPECT!
 eddie0221
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/29/2006 6:40:57 AM
smiling duck, well I guess your right....I replied! A woobie is one of those soft little blankets. (think of charlie brown) I think it was Linese who always carried around that blanket thing. It was only a joke though, sweetie :-) Have a great day!!
 eddie0221
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/29/2006 4:51:46 PM
sweetpoetic, hello! Your profile is short and sweet. You can pull it off because you are also cute. You seem like a lot of fun. If you have a better picture than the middle one, I would change that. That photo does you no justice. (smile) have a good night.
 eddie0221
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:01:28 PM
seph kane, what's up man? Ok, your profile needs alot of work. Put more into it. It looks like you spent all of about 2 minutes in writing it. First paragraph describe you and add some humor to it. Second paragraph go into DETAIL on the type of women that you like.

Your First date idea........NOT GOOD. Your ending sentence was good but the way you started it was terrible. I know that you were joking but these days women don't like those types of jokes. "Clean my house, do my dishes...etc". Get rid of that. You are a good looking guy but that second picture has to go...trash it ASAP. Is that a jerry curl? NO NO NO Get rid of it fast! Your main photo is perfect.
 eddie0221
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/29/2006 5:32:14 PM
smiling duck, his profile is all of two 3 lines long and one of those lines could have been deleted because he states it in his interests. If you are reading his profile, what type of girl is he looking for? You don't know because he doesn't say. And the "clean my house" joke, or whatever it is. It doesn't even make sense when you read it. If you would like to take over here, I will gladly step down and pass the thrown over to you! I see that he is a very nice looking guy and i'm sure that would be the only reason why anyone would contact him. Not his profile.

I get quite a few contacts a day and actually go out at least twice a week with people that I meet here. I know it's not because of my picture. I'm not the greatest looking thing in the world but I put my heart into everything I do especially when it comes to woman!!!!
 eddie0221
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:09:36 PM
tauche, how are you doing? Ok I may regret this one. I just came back from the pub and may have had a few too many drinks! What were you smoking when you did your profile? I don't get your profile and I don't get you. If I would have just looked at your picture without reading your profile I would have though....hmm nice looking girl. Let me see what she wrote...........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! You need to be put over somebodies knee for that one! Than I look at your picture after reading your profile.....UGLY! Your attitude makes you ugly. You will not have your looks forever, start working on something else!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 eddie0221
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:44:44 PM
great profile, jonathan. I would take out the last sentence about the smoking. You already stated that you don't smoke and you have set your filter. I would also add your job. You don't want the ladies to think that you don't have a job before they even read your profile. And finally, guys wearing hats are red flags for alot of women here. I would use your third picture as your main one. Good luck. You seem like a really nice guy who knows how to treat a Lady!
 eddie0221
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/29/2006 7:48:27 PM
tauche....hmm you have made me realize the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" You are a sweetheart. I'm sorry for reading you wrong!
 eddie0221
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/30/2006 10:41:37 AM
Looks good jonathan. Thank you bzyb :-)
 eddie0221
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/31/2006 8:37:56 AM
anyone else want to get in line?
 eddie0221
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/2/2006 11:57:15 AM
bunnie1, hello! Wanna go bungie jumping?? Reading your profile, I find that you are looking for an adventurous and daring guy. Is that all the qualities he has to have? Your profile is fine but I would go into a little more detail in the type of guy you are trying to meet.

I would also change your main picture to the 5th picture. You are absolutely beautiful in that one!! Well, good luck to you!
 eddie0221
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:24:55 PM
hey gril501, how are you?

easy, fun loving and I like to try new things at least once!!!
I would take out the "easy" in this sentence. It give us guys the wrong idea. Maybe "simple to please" instead? Your profile is ok but lacking some key points. Add another short paragraph to describe what type of guy you are looking for.

It sounds like you are NOT ready to be in a "long-term" relationship. Maybe you should change that to "dating". You sound like the type that needs her space and would be sufficated by being around your man most of the time. If you are in love with someone, that would not be an issue.

When two people are in love and in a relationship, they will find every reason to be with one another. It could just be a trip to the grocery store together or even a trip to the laundrymat.

I would also make your third picture your main photo. You are stunning!
 eddie0221
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/2/2006 1:46:46 PM
Hello AngelicGoddess! You have a few spelling mistakes and grammar issues with your profile. If you are looking for a smart guy, it's important that your spelling and grammar are perfect. Normally this would not be a main issue on my review but you've stated how important it is to find a smart one! LOL The words are "succeed", "appearance", "piercings", and all of your "don'ts" You have some run-on sentences but you can get away with it because of your emoticons and the ().

You have a negative attitude in finding someone. "i'm not looking" but if I find it..so be it. Be more positive.

Break you profile down into easier paragraphs to read. What else is important to you than having an IQ over 100? Your last sentence makes sence but you should never start a sentence with "And".

Your pictures are nice. Toss the one with you sticking out your tongue. It's a sign of immaturity. You are young and very pretty. Good luck to ya!
 eddie0221
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:03:07 PM
Hi lisa64imp.
I am an outgoing, people's person. I enjoy being with friends and family. I am spontanious and like to laugh and have fun. I enjoy doing most anything and love a new adventure. I like to go to the mountains and the beach.... camping is great. I want to meet someone I can talk with, a friend and partner... mutual respect. I like to cuddle up on the couch and watch a movie with someone special or to walk under the stars.

Your profile is just too short and boring. You are outgoing and a peoples person. Why do you think that? What do you consider an adventure? What do you like to do at the mountains? Just look at them? Walk the trials? Same for the beach. Do you like walking on the sand? Swimming in the ocean? Hearing the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks? Why is camping great?

You want to meet someone that you can talk to, a friend and a partner? Someone who shows you respect? That doesn't describe much and is close to how I would describe my dogs. I talk to my dogs. They are my partners in crime. They show me mutual respect. Do you see what I'm getting at? What type of movies do you like?

Your sentences are empty with no meaning. Put more into them. Change your main picture. You can't see it as thumbnail search. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

P.S
spontaneous is spelled wrong too.

P.S.S
Do you smoke, Yes or No?
 eddie0221
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:16:34 PM
annabanana, What's shakkin? Ok, I loved your profile and how you incorporated you headline into it. You seem like one fun momma to hang around with! And your ride motorcycles too? That hot! LOL I would not change a thing. You seem like a well-grounded person that can really appreciate God's most precious creations! You go girl!!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Ladies, do you want brutal honesty on your profile??