Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 twisted40
Msg: 30
You meet now how do you get away...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
You run, run like youve never run b4!! (JK) I'm not sure, ive never really been in that situation. if you meet and then u find u dont even want to start a frindship with the person, i think u either be upfront with them or just let it fade away, it will eventually anyhow.
 Holy Grail
Msg: 34
view profile
History
You meet now how do you get away...
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:41:54 PM
Why can't people just be honest. It's always the best way to go.
 JackBNimble
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/21/2006 10:24:54 AM
To my mind ...there are different stages to forming a relationship from an online experience.

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A TEST ! lol at ALL stages . LET THEM KNOW !
1st .. the contact , and the online chat , where we TRY to find out what makes each other click . Our turn ons , turnoffs , hobbies etc . You just can't cover every base at this stage.
2nd .. The face to face meeting ... not only shows the physical person , but also gives insight as to how that person dresses , acts , smells , etc etc etc . This covers more bases but not all . eg . see how your date parked their car ... was it in a handicapped zone (even though they aren't handicapped ) ?, did it take up two spaces ? were they on time ? ... lots of things can determined from just watching their actions .
3rd .. Assuming they are on their best behaviour for " dating " .. now you gotta see them in their natural state . lol IT IS STILL A TEST ! lol Visit each others residence ! See how they live . The probability that you have already made love , does not BIND the parties.
You had some fun .. but in the end ... you still have the option to say .. no ..this doesn't work for me . Say something like ... " there are things that just don't rub me the right way here , and I don't feel like trying to work them out. " If they ask what things .. tell'em. If they say they'll change .. just say I won't have someone "changing" for me . ( Because we all know .. It can't be done .) lol
Throughout the test you are looking for the existance of "Personality Traits " that you cannot compromise on .
Whew ! lol good luck ! lol

One other thing .. always remember .. ACTIONS (inactions) speak louder than words. Don't ignore them , and don't allow words to get in the way . " Players" are experts at using words to minimize their actions .

Danteslnferno
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2006 10:48:48 AM
You can never totally know someone when you talk online or over the phone. Pictures sometimes lie. People act differently in person than when there is a phone or comp screen between them.

If the person is not what you thought they would be, then that is why I say go out for something really casual. A coffee or drinks. See if the spark is there. If not, then politely express to them how you feel and leave. One thing. Do NOT TELL SOMEONE YOU HAVEN"T YET MET THAT YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH THEM!!! No matter how you feel inside, don't say it until you meet. Nothing worse than having to take back THOSE words.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2006 11:28:57 AM
There's this radical notion out there called "telling the truth".

You let them know that things aren't what you expected... that you're just not interested... and you let them get on with their lives.

Sure, it sucks to hear, but it's the best thing to do in the long run.
 buxom_brunette
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/21/2006 12:46:35 PM
Just be honest, it's really not as hard as you probably think. Not to mention being honest is ALWAYS the right thing to do.
 ~~~HK~~~
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/21/2006 1:37:31 PM
Well first you have assumed that you are everything they expected to meet........

Secondly I would hope after conversing with someone for a period of time that you would be comfortable enough to stay and enjoy meeting them.....you must of liked thier personality somewhat isn't that why you wanted to meet them.

So I would think enjoy the time you have taken to meet the person and the time they have taken to meet you.

Bring it up in discussion.......were all adults and don't be so sure you are everything they thought you were.........or tell them I think your a great person and I like knowing you and meeting you. However I don't feel any sparks or a desire to know you on a intimate level.....sumfin like that......

I believe if your honest you won't hurt thier feelings.........but wanting to "get away" would lead me to believe the person who feels like this is very superficial, immature and disrespectful.

JMHO
HK
 Marjabu
Msg: 52
Posted: 12/21/2006 2:57:47 PM
I would be honest and just tell him, why play games...?
I would just go through with the date, maybe spend an hour...then leave....then next time he contacts me, just say I wasnt interested.
I find it simpler to be honest.
 sweetsuzie
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/21/2006 3:10:37 PM
JUST BE YOURSELF ON THE DATE...

I HAVE MET SOME THAT THEY WERE NOT MY TYPE,,BUT HEY,,WHO CARES..

I GO THREW WITH THE DATE .....

AND I JUST BE HONEST FROM THE START,,,AND MAYBE WE CAN BE FRIENDS,,,
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2006 8:40:28 PM
For the men:

1. After her plate of food arrives, ask her "Are you sure you should be eating all that???"

2. Put your hands under the table then make grunting noises. Bang the bottom of the table every now and again...

3. Tell her you think she's hot, and ask her if she has a sister too....

4. First 5 minutes you are there, Tell her you are happy that you were able to get the all day pass from the Halfway house.

5. When the waitress or waiter comes to take your order, look at her/him and ask them if THEY are single.

For the Ladies:

1. As he is about to sink his teeth into the meal he has ordered, tell him you have to brb because you gotta go change your tampon.

2. Tell him you can't wait for him to meet your 3 kids. They already call him daddy.

3. When the waiter/waitress comes to grind fresh pepper on your meal, look at your date casually and ask if he can match up to the pepper grinder in the MEAT department.

4. Look out the window nervously and ask him if he parked close to the entrance of the place you meet, in case the cops show up and she has to make a quick exit.

5. Look him straight in the eye, smile sweetly, and tell him how nice a guy he is and that you think you could be friends FOREVER ... that'll kill any thoughts of romance on his part
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >