Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eddie0221
Msg: 12
Is bad sex a reason to stop dating?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
normally the first experience is not always a good one but after 5 times I think you need to communicate more as to what pleases one another. All women please differently and if you have an open relationship, it's not too bad to educate him on what tickles your fancy. After you communicate and It's still bad, go buy a toy. You can't always have your cake and eat it too.
 passionteman
Msg: 15
Is bad sex a reason to stop dating?
Posted: 3/9/2006 11:25:27 AM
OP: First, it has to be discussed to find out what the problem is and get the lousiness out and if it doesn't work out, then it has to come to a mutual end.
 bristle
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/9/2006 1:15:40 PM
I have left in the past because of bad sex. I offered to be a friend but since I was already emotional involved, friendship was too difficult.
 dud
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/3/2006 8:42:16 AM
yes. if the sex is bad, then what am i putting up with all that other sh*t for? LMAO
 fiery redhead
Msg: 78
Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:35 AM
in a word....YES
 dud
Msg: 90
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:03:41 PM
a relationship with bad sex is like going to boot camp for a vacation
 John50001
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2006 7:02:57 PM
Sex only represents 5% of a relationship, but if it is bad then it represents 95% of the problems in the relationship...so it's best to be good in sex...
 ab_qt
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/7/2006 5:57:00 PM
If the sex is 'bad' and I've made various attempts to explore and try new things and it wasn't improving, then I would definitly stop dating someone.
 Pandy
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/7/2006 5:59:38 PM

I don't think so. Maybe I'm foolish, but I believe that if two people truly love and care about each other, the sex will work itself out.

not always, Iwarrior.... I was married to someone with diminished drive due to some health problems and medications. When the sexual intimacy erodes, so does the emotional intimacy...pretty soon, you're left without the bonds that united you in the first place.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:19:44 PM
hmmm....i think sex is WAY more than 5% of a relationship, and if that doesn't work between two people, there's really no point. somebody said there is a connection between sexual and emotional intimacy and i agree completely, it's all connected. also, i think there are people who don't really want to be 'trained' (as someone said), which really means knowing and understanding your partner, and don't really take that much interest in sex -- this kind of person is absolutely incompatible with those of us for whom sex is a really important part of the relationship. i think, no, i KNOW that if i don't have a good strong active sexual relationship with dude, there is no way i can feel close to him... it's just not possible. ...and i am not talking about "performance" or "skills" it's about personality more than anything else. soooooooo, yea, sex is part of compatibility and therefore a reason to leave a relationship...imho.
 molly__blooming
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 10:46:32 PM
yes! communication in the bedroom (as elsewhere) that's it! but isn't it weird how some people are so uncomfortable talking about sex? it seems to me a lot of people are like that. i can understand being that way in public or with people in general, but with your intimate partner? it seems like you should be able to talk about E V E R Y thing, otherwise what's the point???? i don't get it...
 Wild Heart
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:31:16 PM
Depends how long one is together, but if the person is not open to talking about it or improving it - then hell yes it's a good reason!!! Being out of touch with your sexual self is never a good thing unless a health issue is involved.
 dud
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/8/2006 5:24:11 PM
lmfao ^^^^^

yes and it may be a reason to stop breathing too
 Ldygmr
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/8/2006 10:11:06 PM

Yes. Not just yes, but, HELLS YES!
 EarthnCirciuts
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/11/2006 2:36:56 PM
Having been in a relationship that went bad partly because of bad sex, I must say this:

If everyone you've been with has been "bad", it's probably YOU that's bad.
 Cynful_38
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:31:22 PM
If the sex was always bad.....there would NOT be a relationship......with me anyway.

If the sex "got" bad ? Figure out why and try to fix it.
 GTchris
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2006 5:29:18 PM
Bad sex, If you like the other person then no I see no reason to cut it off without at least trying to work on it.... Of course when it doesnt work out, you can all come **** at me for saying that!
 xxx2931
Msg: 162
Posted: 4/14/2006 7:19:32 AM
let me ask you a question ladies...since it is always a lady asking this question....is it ALL the responsibility of the MAN to make sex GOOD.....I thought that sex involved 2 people..if it is always the woman complaining then maybe they should shoulder some of the blame here..MOST men are scared to death about being BAD at sex or being that partner that Sweet Sensations talks about...in fact MANY men WANT to be that STUD that SHE BRAGS ABOUT...so as he says in Jerry Mcguire...HELP ME HELP YOU...would you want us as men to just let you fumble around with our c ocks or be bad in bed and then go post some forum on a website about how BAD you were...or would you rather help out...or take the bull by the horns and make sex good.....I realize there are sometimes that it might not get better...but I am just tired of hearing the complaining...most women would rather complain about it then fix it and help their partners out..MOST MEN WANT TO PLEASE YOU...but you know your bodies better than we do...so communicate......listen the FACTS ARE SIMPLE..Many of us have NO IDEA HOW TO PLEASE someone the first or second or third time we have sex with themm..WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT and like different things..sex is not just INSERT PART A IN HOLE B..ok? get a grip..more to it...WAY MORE...but it takes 2...and believe me Ladies ALOT OF A MANS PERFORMANCE IS BASED UPON HOW SEXY YOU ARE TO HIM....we are the physical creatures here...you ladies are the mental creatures....so BE MORE SEXY...in fact not only that ASK HIM WHAT TURNS HIM ON THE MOST...and vice versa men.....that part ofg sex should be SIMPLE and make it far more enjoyable for everyone...QUIT COMPLAINING....ENJOY..!!!! that is what it is for...it is not an item to RATE....come on...LOL..that is what American Idol is for ..if you wanna RATE something wathc that TV show and vote for you RATE the best
 molly__blooming
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2006 8:38:26 PM
xxx2931, i think it goes without saying that good sex happens because of two people and is obviously not shouldered by the man alone. no way. i agree completely. but, i think there are people, men and women, who are just not that into sex, or just not very physical. and i absolutely positively could not disagree with you more :-) with regard to your statement that men are physical and women are mental. i am a very very physical person, always have been, i don't think that's based on gender, it's an individual thing.

but yes, as you say, communication is the really crucial thing. i am not shy about talking about sex with my partner, i'm a very open person in that way and most ways, but there ARE a lot of people, men and women both, who don't feel comfortable doing that, and/or who don't really want to put any effort into working on the sex together, as a team if you will. that is important if the sex is going to be really good. and at the same time that requires a level of intimacy people cannot always reach together -- there are men with whom i simply cannot open up, for different reasons. (the last guy i was with for example? we were just "built" completely differently in terms of our sexual personalities, and i knew really quickly that i'd never be able to make it work with him, let alone open up to him.)

you're right, you don't know how to please us until you get to know us; but the same goes for us, a woman doesn't know at first how to please a man until she gets to know him (and that's not only true in bed, it's true overall). but if people don't communicate about sex, or if they are "just not that into it," i don't see how the sex is going to get good. and i have been in relationships where it didn't get good.

ÐÎLLÏGÃF™
Msg: 165
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:36:24 PM
hell ya......................................................................................
if there is no sparks in bed.. poof it's over
Especially if they are un-trainable
 molly__blooming
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:54:27 PM
There are people that just AREN'T sexual. Period. No amount of "time" or "communicating" or "mood setting" will help. They just aren't sexual creatures.

i totally agree, just, well said. and yes, i have experienced it also. most unpleasant.

and yes, i say again, bad sex is a good reason to stop dating. :-)
 frankly25
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/19/2008 12:03:02 PM
Yes
If the person is willing to see if they would enjoy that is acceptible, I love the oppotunity to bring my lover out of her shell and experiance new things and positions.
I have been told that many men have not discovered that the whole thing is about pleasuring the Lady you are with, not just their orgasm.
Fore play is ALL the fun.
Comments ???
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >