Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dbrunner281
Msg: 38
view profile
History
why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I joined one sight and said I was 6 feet tall, and a lottery winner, just to see what would happen. I didn't change one other thing about myself.

Man, I got all kinds of positive responses!!! Great-looking women suddenly wanted to meet me.

Unfortunately, that's the way it goes a lot of the time. While a woman wants a sincere, loving, driven man...height and money will weigh heavily with looks a close second. But that's what all women want, security and a good looking man along with the other characteristics they express.

In their defense, guys are the same way, but with looks because even though it is the 21st century, we still play the provider in many relationships, so money doesn't matter. For example, I love sweet, innocent, funny girls, but looks play a huge part in whether I want to talk to a girl or not, and I believe that is the case with most. If you aren't the same, more power to you, but I can't conjure up attraction like a spell.
 HerpesSactoCal
Msg: 49
why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??
Posted: 7/8/2006 9:52:55 AM
They're rude (arrogant, judgemental & uncivil ). So loaded down with cripplingly low self-esteem that they're not worth your time & energy ,anyway. And they just want to waste time, not meet men. They're into b.s. & headgames, that's why they're online, rather than on a date! The inverse is my situation - hundreds of responses on this site & others, in just the last month or so - all blah blah blah ( "I saw a guy at the mall today..." or "What are your five favorite snacks?"). Neurotic narcissists with keyboards - and empty heads, and souls ! David in Sac Out ! (Is there a woman - NOT A LITTLE GIRL !- out there who wants to MEET a man ? )
 Socalgal43
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/8/2006 7:33:43 PM
EXACTLY, You guys turn us off with your sex questions. Heck, keep in mind, WE DON'T KNOW YOU. And when you begin with "Hi wanna have sex" WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW YOU. Sorry for the yelling but I have said this over and over, on every site I go to.
 MindFork
Msg: 57
Posted: 7/9/2006 9:14:54 AM
Think telemarking calls during dinner, Jehovah's Witnesses at your from door whilst in the shower...
Women KNOW when and probably why you type with one hand :-)

A well formed series of thoughts with a sense of who YOU are is what I will respond to.

IM is not the best choice for the all important initial contact.

Would you EVER consider interrupting the HR Director of your dream employer with an
unscheduled, interuptive demand for chatting online RIGHT NOW? (not if you want a job!)

Noone- man, woman, or child can be treated with too much respect, honesty, and dignity.
 KarateKitten
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/15/2006 2:56:13 PM
Personally, I get a lot of IM's. I don't have the capability of carrying on 12 conversations at once, so a lot of guys don't get a reply.

And if I do reply, that usually leads to a push into giving out my phone number. Which I don't do that often. Which means the guy is going to get rejected anyway. So if I don't see myself being interested when first contact is made, it is easier to reject him off the bat.'

It helps if you have a pic. If you don't have a pic, you will never get a response from a lot of people, myself included.
 john_in_bh
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/15/2006 6:56:20 PM
first of all...they have a much better selection since the ratio is at least 5:1 men to women. So why would they pick yours (or mine's) sorry ass?

However, REVENGE is sweet..if they shut you out right away such as seeing their IM window "open" then "closed" right away (confirming they recieved your IM) and your lucky enough that the girl has a pic up for rating...... I am not saying I do this of course.
 Somewhat Romantic
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/15/2006 11:20:54 PM
Because they're difficult.They have to play hard to get in every way,and at every time,unless you're Brad Pitt or John D. Rockefeller.
 KarateKitten
Msg: 73
Funny I always get deleted
Posted: 7/18/2006 8:25:19 AM
But isn't it one of the benefits of online dating that you get to pre-screen all the wannabe Romeos?

I am a nice, sweet, down to earth girl. I am not a man hater, or a gold digger. Still, I don't answer a majority of my IM's. Does that make me a bad person for not wanting to waste my time or the time of the guy I am talking to?

I have also found that if I DO talk to man that I am not interested in or who is not my type, they can NEVER take the hint after that. So I don't give them a chance to start.

It's not just about looks, though that plays a role. Physical attraction is important, though I have met a few guys off of here whose pics didn't necessarily impress me and I had a good time with them. But do I think that I get a million IM's because men are interested in my personality? That would be a delusion and I think that the bitterness needs to stop from some of the men on this thread. Play in your own league and you might have a shot.
 jdtallfem
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2006 5:58:13 PM
Reasons why I don't respond to IMs: Sometimes if a guy is way out of my geographic area, if he's married, if his message seems way too sexual.
But sometimes my computer is just too slow and the IM disappears before I have time to reply! So maybe you shouldn't take it personally and send an email just in case. You never know. I'm surely not the only one still working with dialup, or not quick enough to get to the IM before it disappears, so blame technology instead of thinking it's a rejection and write a nice email note as a backup. You never know. She just might be frustrated that she missed your IM. That has happened to me before. Good luck.
 ProgrockVentureman
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:12:19 PM
This one dame IMed me out of the blue we talked for awhile, and than she closed off quite rudely. So I thought I could just out of the blue IM her the following day......well you guessed right....she didn't answer for shit. What's up with that???
 Foster1
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2007 4:55:33 PM
Well to be honest with you uniqueguy 81, there are 8 Million stories in the naked city and a non-response is just one of them. To any conclusion we must re-trace your footsteps and ask the users you attempted to contact.

The true reason is because most of them proably live in some type of democractic state where choices are prevalant and many. Picky is good, look at it this way would you truly want to date a female who wasn't picky what would that say about us.

This is a difficult question because we know little of your approach, motives or rhetoric. We only know your means of communication. I would only encourage you to keep trying 1 out of 100 may not be bad. Thank God for Picky (Chicks) Ladies.

You may have to clear a river bed in order to find 1 diamond.

Fleek1
 eve408
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2007 10:09:46 AM
Posted By: uniqueguy_81 on 3/10/2006 107 PM
Subject: why is it that most gals dont respond back when u im them??
Message: People i've been wondering about this for a long time..
i've experienced that most gas dont respond back when u im them!
why? whats wrong?
i believe very strongly is bc since this site is free,
wel guess what happpens??
chicks are very picky when it comes to talking to a guy!!
anyone agree w/me??
-Jose

First of all:
ENGLISH is very important to some woman, and that includes me. If you do not know how to SPELL, then save yourself the time and effort to contact me. I personally do much better with educated men. And please do not read into this as in
" Oh she is a snob etc. " NO, I'm looking for an equal, and that would include education.
 Wreckless2
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/13/2007 12:45:43 PM
Dontcha know it's impolite without a proper introduction?!?!
(hell, how should I know).... Learn by your mistakes like everyone else!!!
 PacificStar
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 12:52:22 PM
This may be a repeat sometimes I tend to skip pages in the longer threads....
Why would I not respond to an IM?
First I see an un invited IM as an uninvited approach. Yes I am on this site but that does not mean I am open for chat with every other fish in the sea every moment I am on site.

When I am here, and it is not my life, I am generally spending a fourth of my time researching my matches, a fourth of my time initiateing contacts, a fourth of my time developeing my profile and participateing in forums (how wlse is someone going to get a chance to know you), and a fourth of responding to my email.

Unlike uninvited IM's I welcome and respond to the majority of my email in a timely way; even if it is the dreaded "thanks but no thanks" .

That brings us to the INVITED IM's. That it a whole different story. I think the IM feature can be a great way to preview a person's personality. A natural second step or even a follow up to what I consider the third step which is phone calls. Talking unscripted un edited you get a window to see a person basic presence. It can help weed out the " heavy breathers" and the folks that can't converse. And essential skill to me. Since not everyone has unlimited long distance or the privacy to talk privately (who needs a child, co-worker, or roommate chimeing in to every breif communication during your "me" time) it can be highly effective. Sure prevents your email being loaded with spam or your cell phone being blown up all the time by someone you would have deleted if you just taken the preventive step. If you have told someone you want there IM it can be a nice little perk for your day. I have actually made IM dates.

I will say if someone blows you off in and IM you can pretty much figure you have stepped in it big time and just give up. Trying to be cutesy, sexy, off color funny, or serving whine is sure fire to get you shot down with me. I am a creative speller ( that is my story and I am sticking with it...lol) and tend to abbreviate or computer code in IM plus I am not the greatest typist so I give people grace in that department but if a person starts editing my conversation that is another auto delete. Ooooooh goodie an Invited IM wish us luck ......later...........
 Wreckless2
Msg: 127
Posted: 11/5/2007 3:31:30 PM
Some may be under the assumption that they are the only one who is trying to IM the lucky lady..... Too many can be irritating.. As one woman informed me!
 Wreckless2
Msg: 130
Posted: 11/5/2007 7:42:33 PM
I doubt it as I met B Fudd, a real cool dude! Of course Buggs Bunny was a riot! "Eahhh What's up Doc?!!"
 fancynanci
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 2:35:55 PM
Girls are picky. Get over it.
 MermaidSari
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2008 10:23:36 AM
I turned off my IM capability (my mommy always tought me not to talk to strangers. ). Actually too many at once can contact a person when I had it enabled. Often two to four men were seeking private chat at the same time. I'm not that great at multi-tasking when it comes to conversations.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but as far as returned interest...posting a photo is a good idea.

Good fortune to you in your search. :-)
 blast7
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:16:58 PM
There is just one problem with what you are suggesting. Most women don't respond when you inbox them, so why would I spend my valuable time telling you (or whomever) what is so great about your profile if there is an 80% chance you won't even respond?

I always float an introductory email letting the woman know I liked her profile and that I'm interested in getting to know her better. If she likes my profile and responds then we can get more in depth. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted writing introductory emails to women who had awesome profiles and I thought for sure would respond, and they didn't.

So to all of you women out there who expect a long, thoughtfully crafted first email from a guy you should really open your minds a little. You may be passing over someone great only because you have some artificially created rule that the first email must really grab you. Isn't that why we have profiles? You can find out a lot about me from just reading my profile so why should I go in depth right off the bat? If you respond to me you'll get a long, thoughtfully crafted 2nd email...... with the intention of getting to know you better.
 ldytrkr
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/16/2008 12:43:32 PM
I dont get ims so I cant answer what I dont get. I perfer ims over emails cause you can learn alot more quickly
 acuratl99
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2009 8:01:21 AM
Actually I find it frustrating that many don't respond back to a decent email message. I guess it's just me, but I believe in common courtesy and I simply think it's rude to ignore someone. I mean really, how hard is it to respond back with a "thanks for your message, but I'm not interested" or something to that effect??? But I guess that is just the way of things with online dating.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2009 9:06:10 PM
That might do it, Sterling. It's difficult to take anyone seriously that can neither type, spell or punctuate.

I always include a discount coupon for a Halon extinguisher with my IMs....just in case.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >