Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Totally New Picture Rant      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 17
Totally New Picture RantPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Thanks Leafslady,
Now I know. Some of the vets like to get the rookies.
And to think of all the chances I had to be mean today....
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 18
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:00:05 PM
re#22.
That's me just trying to have a good balance between bit** and funny.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 19
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:09:26 PM
WWWW;
I honestly just choked on my cracker. Thanks, that was funny.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 20
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:17:44 PM
Country;
Can't say pop, americans don't know what that is, its soda.

WWWW;
I would love a chop, I never said though as I thought that joke was passe. I still love it.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 21
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:26:55 PM
WWWW;
Do americans know about pop?
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 22
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:28:27 PM
I like the people who have pictures that make them look vain and shallow, no names mentioned, its Friday.
^^^^^
How can a picture make you look vain or shallow? Just wondering?
 LunaLover
Msg: 23
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:28:29 PM
ok. let me get all this straight.
Have to have a pic.
Can't be the best pic.
Can't be a bad pic.
Can't be a glamour shot.
Has to be a new pic.
Can't have garbage or dirty clothes or dishes in it (ok, this one I agree with but I think
it says a lot)
Has to be a full body pic.
Has to be a face pic too (and not a blurry one).
Racks included.

What did I miss? See why i just post pretty pictures. No matter what you put up someone's going to always b i t c h!
Luna
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 24
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:32:29 PM
I was just being silly.
Hope I did not offend you.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 25
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:43:20 PM
Sorry. I am doing better though. Its hard for me not to care about what others think.
Here it goes,
Some people put pictures that do not put them in the best light. They may not actually be this way, but their picture makes them appear this way. I try to get to know someone and not judge as this is wrong, not everyone does this. I think we should all try to get to know someone before we make assumptions.
This is my opinion.
Is that better WWWW.
Thank goodness for you making me keep it real.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 26
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:53:18 PM
I think we should all try to get to know someone before we make assumptions.
^^^^^
Carrie you seem very sweet ! And I agree with you wholeheartedly.
 JasmineKai
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 5:54:57 PM
Hey I have an amazing idea. Now try to keep up with me as this is ground breaking shit i'm about to lay down.

If you don't like the pictures of someone or how they are presented. Don't contact or reply to them. If it's THAT big a deal.

Because if someone doesn't like my pictures, guess what? I don't give a shit.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now on to the alcohol.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 28
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:01:17 PM
re#42.
Thank you. I try to be a good person but, like everyone else, I have my moments. I like you too.
Worry not,
I have WWWW who is showing me its okay to be me and not care about what others think.
 dceeeee
Msg: 29
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:36:17 PM
Carrie and WWWW, about the pop question...in the midwest (Ohio, anyway), they call it pop.....in the Western US (CA anyway), we call it soda! Whenever I go home to Ohio, it cracks me up to hear them talk about POP!

And I agree with Indi that you seem really sweet, Carrie, and so does WWWW.....for that matter, so is Indi...but having been in the forums for awhile, I already knew Indi was!!!

O/T...Personally, I'd rather see a blurred picture, or ANY real picture of a person, than none at all. I don't care when I'm on the forums, but when I want to meet someone, I want to have an idea who they are....

(In case you are wondering why I say that when I have a DOG up....I've always had my picture up, until I decided to just go for the forums....)

I may decide to look for a Barbie, and join the others.....but men my age get 'so excited' at the idea of a Barbie....so I don't know if that would be wise......

~DC~
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 30
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:38:22 PM
re#45
WWWW;
I think I grew a backbone since our threading last night. THANK YOU.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 31
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:41:55 PM
dceeeee;
You so sweet. Thanks for the info did not know about soda and pop. Wonder if anyone calls it sodapop
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 32
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/10/2006 6:43:26 PM
coffee you are complaining about pictures but I note all of yours
are not very clear and you have no close ups of your face.
It makes me wonder of you have bad skin?
People like to see someones eyes and a close up of their face too...
several pics of yourself in sunglasses is kinda pointless to me, but
do what you want.......if
you choose not to post one ( a close up of your eyes and face)
be sure you have a few to send in private email before meeting someone
so their are no surprises.

I think its better for women on a dating site to not post many pictures anyway.
If she is interested in a man, she can always send them privately.
 LunaLover
Msg: 33
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 4:43:38 AM

If you don't like the pictures of someone or how they are presented. Don't contact or reply to them. If it's THAT big a deal.

Story at 11!
Luna
 coffeencreme
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:31:53 AM
This is why I love the internet. Offer a little constructive criticism and people jump down your throat. Well too bad! I'm still RIGHT!

Those of you saying you don't care if anyone likes your photos will be THE SAME ONES complaining in those ENDLESS threads "waahhhhhhhhh, no one responds to my ad!", "waaahhhhhhhhhh no one responds to my messages". You've got only one photo posted and that one looks like an alien from the planet Mongo! And you wonder why no one responds.

As far as MY photos are concerned, they are designed to give you a REASONABLE idea of my appearance and physique. If we were meeting at a restaurant, you WOULD recognize me from my photos. Those of you who need a really closeup photo so you can see my eyes...and look into my soul???? PUT DOWN THE ROMANCE NOVEL and try dating a REAL person.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 35
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 9:33:15 AM
I like to see the eyes to see if they look sickly...
like someone needs a kidney sickly...

heyitsdoug
Msg: 36
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:03:17 AM
Wow! This is actually a fun thread......

Coffee......it's funny that you're complaining about photos, I don't look at men's profiles but I wouldn't recognize you from the pic posted here.

Smile.......lol....bewbs.....I like that!

Country.....is there a "see country's butt" fund that we can all contribute to?

Jaded......I like the pic of the back of your head......but I don't know why?

Rose......this pic is a little blurry......but great smile!

oh.....and I'm probably a bit off here.....but all soft drinks are cokes......what kind of coke do you want? Dr Pepper?
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 37
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:09:35 AM
Blurry? Must have had too much vaseoline on the lens
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 38
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:17:21 AM
^^ I'll just bet you did

Country.....is there a "see country's butt" fund that we can all contribute to?

actually - she used to have a butt pic on her profile - and some girl STOLE it and used it on her profile. Now THAT is the sincerest form of flattery I tell ya... but it was a very CLEAR picture as I recall
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 39
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:31:17 AM
Well I have to add a positive twist to this thread.

You know how when you check your email and it's from an area outside of your dating area it shows the last 10 people in that area that checked their email? Ok, you know so moving on .. .. anyway I saw this picture of a guy with.. .. what else you guessed it "amazing abs"!

And his picture quality looked like it could be one of those "fake model" shots.. .. but none the less I sent him an email to pay omage (sp) to his rock hard bod.. .. and guess what he did.. .. come on guess.. .. because most of you are going to be soooo wrong !
v
v
v
v
v
v
Well did you guess yet? If you did I want you to post what you guessed ok?
v
v
v
v
v
v
Ready.. .. here's the answer!

He sent me an email back with a message that said "Thanks babe I owe you one and just to prove that I'm no fluke I'm sending a family portrait pic.. .. I'm the one on the right!
And it was him.. .. Now what does all this mean you ask???? Well I didn't say anything to him about not thinking his pic was real and he already knew that he needed to validate his apperance.. .. he prolly knew this because of all the bythching and moaning we do on this site about pictures.. .. lol.. .. anyway just wanted to post a positive comment about the quality of pics.. .. his was an A+++++

~Pour
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 40
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:56:07 AM
Um Pour ...I guessed all wrong.

I thought you were gonna go with the old read/delete.

Excellent story. :) and it's homage ;)

And op...you can get upset if you like and make assumptions...however...I'll bet you would see much more of a return on emails were you to give folks a close up of your face. Just a thought.
 obx22
Msg: 41
Totally New Picture Rant
Posted: 3/11/2006 12:44:04 PM

This concludes this rant. You may now go back to complaining about why no one responds to your ad or why no one responds to your messages.

I don't care, if they don't reply because of my pic, well, their just showing me what kind of person they are. More than likely its the text more than anything that turns folks off. Besides, I'm not shop'n anyway.
All JMHO
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Totally New Picture Rant