Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 42
Is there such a thing as the Alpha Female?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Frangal, hon. Read the origal thread posting.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 43
Is there such a thing as the Alpha Female?
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:30:35 AM
I did... he doesnt know what hes talking about

hence my posts to straighten him out

There is only competition when the man is weak... thus, he
( as in any man who feels he needs to enter into competative mode
with his partner)...... and ends up calling
her some degrading thing like "alpha female"

keepingit
Msg: 44
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:43:06 PM
The term Alpha does not apply to anything other than a single dynamic principle called survival.
Take a group of people and dump them off for real. Any crappy place will do. A survival order will develope. Instinct.
A male will arise that seems the most calm and collective and able to think. He will LEAD. A woman within the group will also LEAD. It is about basic pecking orders. Breeding rights. Food, shelter etc. What is interesting within that group is that most if not all women will feel a loyalty and draw towards the male leader. If a member of the group does not help the survival of the group and/or tries to lower the survival of the group the Alpha will drive them off or kill them. I would. In a heart beat.

Work is a different matter altogether. I find that people who are overly forceful or dominating are doing nothing more than overcompensating for thier insecurities and weakness. It quite interesting. When one gets overly so I just terminate them. The people there are not there for the goof ball insecure quazi Alpha.

Most of those that are considered Alphas are actually insecure runts trying to make thier way by overdrive. An Alpha doesn't give a rats ass.
When a woman comes into contact with certain men they get turned on. These charachteristics are mimicked by lower end males that are quite ruthless and mean to a woman. In turn she triggers and can't stay away from him. It's a genetic program. Tell you anything that you want to hear and do it in a way that is almost invalidative and it promps her to turn on. These guys are pozers and when women get attached to men like this they can't break away. It a genetic program.
A real Alpha is miles above this. He is so certain of his existence that there is nothing you can do to shake him. If you threaten him....he will crush you. If you hinder his survival you will really be sorry. This applies mostly to other males. A woman is just discarded.

Want to know the truth ladies? If there wasn't a law and we were basic survival these pozers would be dead. The real Alpha kill them off generally. They are alive because there is a LAW against this.
 blue sunshine
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:07:20 PM
Wow Keep!!! I've decided that maybe I'm just dominant and not necessarily Alpha! I'm not a killer...it's all about peace n love in my house!
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:14:55 PM
I'm not worried about how jungle life is....

and I have weapons to even the score if needed

real life doesnt work that way as with animals... we are not animals

well at least some of us aren't
 keepingit
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:34:49 PM

Wow Keep!!! I've decided that maybe I'm just dominant and not necessarily Alpha! I'm not a killer...it's all about peace n love in my house!

oh don't take it that serious elizabeth. If it was a survival situation you would. I'm not saying we are animals but I am saying that these bodies are from this physical universe. So it really isn't about a jungle. No one is going to whack anyone. But that is what Alpha is. The leader. Leaders really do have to make tough choices. There has always been a little saying that I use when someone won't make the call and live with it....."What makes your head more precious than mine?"
When someone says to me..."I don't have any real enemies." That says a lot to me. Leaders have real eneimies. An Alpha is a true target. Being a target has made him Alpha.

A man a little more Alpha than you are is a huge turn on for you. Just his presence. I know you have been around some real ones. When an Alpha type woman feels submissive, in a romantic way, towards a man it changes everything. Hell she could be his boss at the shop the rest of the time but when it comes to romance she trusts him to take her to nice places. If he goes abusive? He's a pozer.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 48
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:42:04 PM
this kinda thinking must come from reading too many comic books
when young or watching those action packed violient cartoons

keepingit
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:43:09 PM

real life doesnt work that way as with animals... we are not animals

well at least some of us aren't

Well I wasn't talking about all aspects of life. I was talking about dynamic drives that forward biological bodies. No one said that we didn't have a soul. You know as well as I that the best looking guy in the world can disqualify himself the second he opens his mouth to you. Guys trying to buy affection and coming across as needy is the exact opposite of Alpha. A woman will turn off in a heart beat. It is consistant. Personalities have nothing to do with it. Now on the other hand if he approaches you in an Alpha manner the sparks are going to fly. You don't really get to choose what or how or whom. It just happens. You have never questioned your feelings before....why start now? It is an emotional response. It's romantic because he is just like the man in the novel. Half tender half savage. You can smell his wildness at times. YOu know exactly what I'm talking about. Well that is "triggered" in you.
 blue sunshine
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:54:03 PM

A man a little more Alpha than you are is a huge turn on for you. Just his presence. I know you have been around some real ones.

You're soooooo right......just haven't had one in much too long! But, that's another thread....in a different category and i'm just not going there,lol. But, Keep, you're right...and when you're right, you're right! Whew.
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 51
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:38:15 AM
To call a woman an Alpha Female isn't to be degrading. It's only to try and gain some understanding of this woman's nature. To gain an understanding of women, men would be more prepared to love that woman for the woman she is and not try to change her. How is that a bad thing? I know that women on here, the ones who are truly trying to learn about male behavior so they can have better, more meaningful relationships with them should be interested in the science that dictates their behavior. If you spend all your time being standoffish and unwilling to learn because you assume that the oppisite sex is being unkind, then you will forever stay unenlightened. I, for one, do not wish to be kept in the dark about how to interact with certain members of the oppisite sex, do you? This reluctance you have toward men trying to theorize from their own life experiences is unhealthy and combative. Do you always assume that men mean women harm as you have assumed here?
 hardhatguy
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:54:15 PM
yes there is a such thing as an alpha female. her place in nature is beside an alpha male. best youngins natural selection evolution and all that
 life_of_leisure
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 4:14:05 AM
OP: in chimpanzee troops there is a very distinct female hierarchy (which eldest daughters inherit), and this property is seen scattered throughout the primates, albeit with some variations. So I'd say it's plausible there are Alpha Females, though humans really are unique -- or bizarre, depending on how you want to look at it.

Of course you have to use the term correctly. Just being bossy and intolerable (aka having "strong personalities" ) doesn't make women alphas, it makes them bossy and intolerable.
 valeeshka
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 4:08:03 PM
I think I am an alpha female...
Not because I am so educated
pretty, or I need to lead, or make a lot of money.
I'd say because I have a high intellect/ENERGY/passion/and compassion/coordination/ creativity/ common sence, mechanically as well/ that most men are dwarfed by. Men have told me this often. I have figured out that I nead an "alpha male"
But, that doesn't mean he has a big truck, lots of money, muscles or great looks.
I think he will be a renaissance man with LOTS of ENERGY/Intelligence/passion/ creativity/coordination/compassion and Common sense.
 pazoozoo
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 4:27:45 PM
I am an Alpha female, my husband was an Alpha male. We each had different strengths, so what we could not have accomplished alone, we accomplished together. Our home and business wasn't always exactly peaceful, but it was always interesting.
 JDMETRO
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/15/2007 4:59:59 PM
No - only women who confuse Aggressiveness with Assertiveness.

Joe
 dannyebreeze
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/15/2007 5:01:53 PM
gotta post after reading Bandito, you said it the A's are the cream, chasing one now, no not here, and uh Bandit they be bright, and tough, but they do have a sense of humor and only tough on the outside, well at least one anyway.
 cedar77
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 7:36:31 PM

Yes there is ....... a black widow spider.

Well , I have heard the expression "power couples" ..so maybe that's the same thing as an Alpha male and an Alpha female ......to each there own but that's not my type .
 leprachan_laugh
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2007 8:16:35 PM
actually hyenas also have a female monarchy.
 trident039
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/15/2007 8:19:53 PM
Two words:

HELLS YES!!

cedar77
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:14:16 PM
Do alpha females wear a cape and tights? ....because , that might be a bit much .
 tinydancer123
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:23:21 PM
Two alphas who know how to be internally collaborative with each other and externally competitive (especially as business partners) are a knockout team that kicks ass.
 harviej
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:29:56 PM
I beta there is.

oooh. bad pun. bad.
 cedar77
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2007 6:38:16 PM

Two alphas who know how to be internally collaborative with each other and externally competitive (especially as business partners) are a knockout team that kicks ass.

I'm guessing they would be very prone to turning on each other....when the crass materialism loses it's thrill .
 splitrock
Msg: 66
Posted: 7/26/2007 9:21:54 PM

Do you think there has always been Alpha Females

Absolutely, humans are social creatures and where there is an alpha male there is a similar alpha female counterpart. What you sometimes see in the workplace is a clash between the alpha female and the alpha male. These clashes are becoming more common as more women climb the corporate ladder. Of course, these conflicts are not much different than clashes between two alpha males fighting for power and control.

Then, they usually finish off with that they are looking for the sameā€¦ which in its right mind would be the Alpha Male. Do you think this would be a relationship that is ultimately going to fail because of the competitiveness?

Generally, I believe that alpha males do attract their counterparts, alpha females. Of course, there are the cases when this does not occur. Alpha males can have their pick of alpha and beta females and often make their choice based largely on physical features (picking the most attractive female or trophy wife) Whereas, alpha females will often settle for beta males if they can provide the security and family the alpha female is ultimately seeking.

I think the only time (besides your standard personality profile compatibility match) an alpha male and alpha female match would fail would be in the case of an extreme clash between two similar and highly competitive personality types. I'm attracted to the educated and professional alpha female as an equal counterpart. Yet, I cringe at the thought of an alpha female with a highly competitive demeanor and whose life tends to revolve around her work.
 AccidentalTourist
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/26/2007 10:04:41 PM
I was an alpha female until I got too tired and ill to boss people around anymore, and it raised my blood pressure too. But now that I'm more mild-mannered I have more trouble with relationships because my usual dynamic has broken down. I'm still attracted to the same kind of dominant guy, but I no longer have the energy to stand my ground in the power-struggles. But since I still have a small amount of residual controlling behavior left in me I always feel weird around "softer" guys, like I'm worried I'm going to take advantage of them or something, so I don't date them for their "protection". Kind of a pickle, isn't it?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >