Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > After first date, who should call who first??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RubysRhetoric
Msg: 26
After first date, who should call who first??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Since my puppy ate my cell-phone I don't have his phone number.....problem solved.
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 27
After first date, who should call who first??
Posted: 3/13/2006 5:03:05 PM
whomever....personally i don't follow the rule book....any of 'em.....

trust your inner feelings and act accordingly.....
 Felicitas
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:52:59 PM

Here's the deal... U should have let him call.....

don't like it if a woman call me after the first date without being prompted

Have I stepped into a time-warp here? isn't this 2006, a new century of sexual equality? What happened to all the advancements made by the women's liberation movement of the 70's and since? Oh, this is so depressing...
 danishpastry
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:57:47 PM
Divine - I love cake by the way, pastry too. Bottom line, is eliminate the games, and there won't be so much time wasted! It's ok to not be interested! It's ok to be interested! How can anyone crtiique enthusiasm. Must be all the big number of losers that ruin it for the real legit dudes!
 Abby57
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:14:48 PM
Even though everyone is trying to be politically correct today and gender equal and all, I still think the guy should call first. We men still have enough of the hunter/gatherer stuff left in us to give chase if were interested. Give it a few days before expecting a call.

Chow
 hee_haww
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:28:12 PM
I have seen all the messages WOW..!!! What head games you girls are sucked into..
Men as well........This is really sad ......
Romance and dating is to be fun and exciting ....How was the date ????
How did it end ???? Were you compatible ????? Was it great ?????
There is no silly two day waiting period or week ..There is no rules who calls first...
LOL !!! If the date was nice or even good and you both liked it.
It would be the first one that get to the phone first....
I think you should give that person time to get home first if they do not have a answering machine...LOL,,, But if the date went well i would certianly get intouch with the other,by the next day if it was late.......No fooling around.........No head games .........
Love should start out like a tornado or hurricane ,and never stop..
You people have had your heads played with for so long. It is funny they don't spin all the way around or pop of like barbie ,and ken dolls.
 [ jay ]
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:37:53 PM
amen! who cares who calls first and all of these other stupid dating gaming rules...if ur really looking for someone special and im assuming u are and not someone whose just trying to play the game as well, then nothing would matter if its meant to be, just follow ur heart and do what feels right, if he doesnt call u back just cuz he thinks u called too soon and that thats not hows it sposed to work, then he's a moron and it wasnt meant to be...thats what i think anyways..good luck
 music minus one
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:47:34 PM
Ok greenman, I'm sending you a signal so you clearly understand just in case you miss the boat....lol. I'm interested. Now, I'll wait to see if you call.
 bigdaddy cool
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/13/2006 7:56:11 PM
i think a guy should call after first date, because it shows that the guy likes the girl and what she is all about. I also think its is more respectful that guys call first to show they are interested in second date, It would be ok if girls call, but guys should be the one to call
 Imlooking
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:07:32 PM
...hee haww....I agree...enough of the games already.....if it was "whatever" at least call say "Hi" - "Thanks" ....if they were good enough to go out with...they are good enough to touch base with....courtesy will catch on..I'm sure ! IMHO (don't get me goin') lol you guys all wanna play "mexican standoff " (apologies to my Mexican friends) repeat after me "will someone answer the phone "? ....lol
 refusnik
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:24:09 PM

I would say that it should be the mature, self-confident person with functional communication skills that should call first.

Or I might say that asking this question indicates that no matter which direction the relationship heads, it's bound to end up in a perpetual cycle of misunderstanding.

Of course, those are the sorts of things I would be expected to say.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/13/2006 8:28:55 PM

whomever....personally i don't follow the rule book....any of 'em.....
trust your inner feelings and act accordingly.....

BINGO we have a winner.

if i want to talk to someone, i call. if i had a good first date, i'll call, don't follow any silly dating rules, who's got time to keep score of this crap, if i thought a lady was playing a game and not calling me when she was thinking of me, that would indicate someone insensitive, unthoughtful, inconsiderate, lacking in communication skills, full of herself. not someone i'd want to date. of course, maybe i'm naive and never realize this because of my behavior of being able to accurately express myself.

it works both ways, a lady who doesn't call " just isn't into me" (if you buy into that crap). if i don't call a lady more than a day or two after a good date, i'm an idiot. why wouldn't i want more of a good thing??? use your heads people and stop playing petty human chess with each other. geez.
 danishpastry
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:00:50 AM
Since my puppy ate my cell-phone I don't have his phone number.....problem solved.

blondebonobabe - that's a good one, too bad, ummm, like more than one person has used that excuse before. Real mature. Kind of like someone saying, "my puppy ate my computer chord so I couldn't send an email", and at the same time, "no land lines were available for days." Thinking we were in 1467, I would have at least expected a messenger on an horse, if not, a very nice pigeon.
 RubysRhetoric
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:52:53 AM
danish - grasping reality is hard for some people but sometimes things are as they appear, no agenda or games. Now I suppose that I could wait for my monthly statement to come in the mail to find this number but that wasn't the point of this thread. Good luck on POF
 selfishliberal
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:31:25 AM
Why isn't anyone listen to refusnik? He's clearly a genius.
 MikeWM
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:04:53 PM
Whats these "rules" people talk about lol

Its dating, not driving

What there are is peoples own preferences that how ever much you might think they are, arent infact universal

But do really smack of tittering teenies rather than actual grown ups

And as someone said earlier, its power and control, mind games, manipulation nothing more

Who "should" should call first is nobody, its also who ever has free time first when they want to call

Infact maybe rather than playing silly games it might have been an idea to have discussed this at the end of the date and said you would like them to call at least then they actually know rather than them quite possibly reading things wrong and maybe walking away thinking you didnt like them and theres no point calling just to get the "I like you but,,,," conversation

Imagine that eh?

Meeting the person of your dreams then losing them instantly because they didnt think you were interested and you were too busy following some silly set of inane rules on how to try and manipulate people that said you "shouldnt" pbone

I think the OP has done the right thing and shouldnt worry about the fact she called. If he doesnt call back or isnt interestd its quite unlikely that would be the reason really unless hes 10 or 110
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/2/2011 6:56:15 PM
Female or male, who should be the first caller?

oops...

I am the man - if I am pursuing you - it means I have enough interest in you to pursue you.

that means I call until you do not take/return my calls...

it matters not to me if you call me or whatnot - so long as you're returning my calls (as the woman)....I'm good to go.

if I you are calling me all the time, I will consider you again to see how hot you are and maybe how easy it might be ...

risk versus reward...

SC67
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/2/2011 7:00:45 PM

if I want her to be my gf....I will call back first...

and there you have it! Others may choose to do it differently, but I like a more macho, aggressive man than most. If he wants something he goes after it. If he doesn't call then there's really no point in me calling. I got the memo...he just wasn't that into me. I don't need to hear him say it...or avoid my calls. NEXT!
 SweetLady95
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/2/2011 8:25:11 PM
I always let the guy call. I will never call a guy after a first date. If a guy is interested he will call you.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:12:36 PM

and there you have it! Others may choose to do it differently, but I like a more macho, aggressive man than most. If he wants something he goes after it. If he doesn't call then there's really no point in me calling. I got the memo...he just wasn't that into me. I don't need to hear him say it...or avoid my calls. NEXT!

SC67 ... you got my drift girl...

so many try to confuse dating and attraction with women coming after men.

I tell women on here and IRL - if you want a relationship with a man...then you let that schlub chase you if you like him.

don't make it EASY on the guy - cuz he's only gonna take it ONE way...I know I do.

I wanna chase a girl and I want her to LET me chase her....all she has to do is be available when I wanna make plans and i KNOW she is interested...

how hard is this to understand.

and these lonely boys who want a GF...i tell 'em ""CALL HER BACK after you have sex with her""...BOOM...instand GF...

how hard is this to understand ?

its been the natural order of things for millenia...

women's lib has only confused things...

sweetlady - youare on point too.
 bamaman6817
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:26:31 PM
If u like him I would not date other people, it not fair to you are any of the other guys you would be going out with. Having said that I dont agree with the other poster. But i am a one woman man. If I had when out with a woman and want to see her again and she hads plans with another man she would not have to worrie about seeing me again.
 bamaman6817
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2011 9:28:00 PM
I like this post
 kcladyz
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/4/2011 2:48:02 PM
well if he pays then you should call and thank him for the nice date. i would wait a day or two and leave a friendly no pressure message, then if you never hear back move on
 abelian
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/4/2011 3:03:14 PM

Female or male, who should be the first caller?

Whomever actualy picks up the phone first and makes the call. If you have to wonder if that matters or you feel uncomfortable calling, you should wonder if there's enough interest to warrant a second date.
 Ailliss
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/4/2011 10:38:31 PM

Without a doubt, he should.

""CALL HER BACK after you have sex with her""...BOOM...instand GF...

how hard is this to understand ?

its been the natural order of things for millenia...

Romance is soo sweet.
Getting a call after first time sex recalling the pleasure of it is delicious.

well if he pays then you should call and thank him for the nice date.

This is done at the end of the evening, “Thank you for the lovely dinner…” or for whatever the date consisted of.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > After first date, who should call who first??