Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Aw you are so sweet...ok I'll sleep with you...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gotu
Msg: 1
Aw you are so sweet...ok I'll sleep with you...Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Pity Sex? Really?

Do we still sell ourselves short and do it just cause we feel bad for someone not getting any?

When if ever is it acceptable?
 gotu
Msg: 2
Aw you are so sweet...ok I'll sleep with you...
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:35:55 PM
lmao ^^^ you all rock - gives me food for thought.

Okay - in the past I have doled out a heaping serving of Pity Sex...once.
It must be different for women - or mybe I am just getting old...but i want there to be more to my sexual experiences. I can even go for months and months with no sex outside a relationship without losing my self confidence about my considerable prowess.

I think for me at least pity sex isn't acceptable. Sex for the purposes of having sex - ie FWB is cool - but I definately want to be having intercourse with someone who knows what i like - knows just where to touch me to drive me crazy, knows when to kiss or bite - pity sex - just not that sexy....

(are u happy now mobile?)
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/13/2006 12:55:22 PM
sure...done the pity sex thing...

but as i age, i realize that sex is SO much better with someone you like (or at least you're attracted to)...so i tend to hold out a little longer, and don't settle near as often as i used to.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:00:54 PM
waitaminnit...i HAVE slept with you OG...

remember...you, me, two others...on your roomies bed...

gig-i-ty!
 gotu
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:02:01 PM
She - Look Cappy - I don't want everyone to know about that sweet night of passion :P
 hobbes26
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:04:34 PM
lol that sounds hawt!

Dunno I think this ties into the idea of "slump busting" a practice i try to avoid altho ya i have went out with soemone and gave them a great time when I knew they were down. The key to it lies in making sure they realise its a one time thing!
 gotu
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:06:12 PM
I have no problem with Romps...I just don't need to have sex between mind blowing partners to keep my confidence level....which is what your earlier post was saying.

I don't do pity sex anymore because of the "whoops" factor. SOme wants to have sex with you cause they are into you and you have sex with them....the next day when you say thanks for the romp they look at you with the 'you just killed my puppy dog eyes' and then it turns into pity dating and then into pity relationship -no spanks kids!

FWB or romping good

pity sex...meh

edit: almost irrelevant thanks to hobbes saying the same thing faster..darn you all to hell ;)
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:13:07 PM
sure...if it's been a while, i'll fcuk just to keep in the game...especially if i'd been getting it regularly before...

my experience with pity sex was someone i wasn't attracted to...but needed it. all three people did nothing for me on any level...i guess the booze helped.
 gotu
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:33:48 PM
Botox: Just because you are having sex with someone whom is a friend does not mean there is no respect....what gave you that idea? In fact I think we respect our friends more than out sexual partners sometimes. If you haven't had sex before you should begin in a committed relationship - time for you to learn about one another.

PJ: of course I am an anomaly - thats what makes me gotu and not someone else ;) aren't we all unique?
 gotu
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/13/2006 1:42:19 PM
Hm - its weird but I can. I have no question about my abilities in bed, my ability to please a partner and that I am sexy. Its a bit odd I know. When I am having sex all the time I am actually much more self conscious. I am always trying to think up new pleasing things to try out instead of just revelling in my own sexy self....the perils of being a pleaser...
 gotu
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/13/2006 2:13:59 PM
lol -

over and over and over!!!! in true other site fashion...
 hobbes26
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/13/2006 2:28:59 PM
dunno personally i have had 0 luck. every fwb relationship i have ever had always ended up with them wanting to "go to the next level"
WTF-next level? Superfriends-sure that would be cool but how do i go about getting superpowers?
 gotu
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:21:04 PM
LMAO - poor Goocher - yep see - safer to just find someone fun that you like and have sex :P screw all this pity sex and fwb business - either that or really enjoy your toys :D
 hobbes26
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:44 AM
if it weren't for pity sex some people would never get any
 hobbes26
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:38:33 AM
OG its cause you are hot....you can't pity someone that is better looking than you....
 hobbes26
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2006 10:58:07 AM
or if you continue to eat them jsut have some extra pity sex ;) and roxy, you are hot too, stop being so critical of yourself
 hobbes26
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2006 11:01:21 AM
i did not know you were transgendered....weird!
 shrthang
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:48:35 PM
OG Don't give up on those Reese Peanut Butter Cups. They're almost better than sex. Oh ya, you don't deserve pitty sex, because those who can snap their fingers and get it, don't qualify.
 shrthang
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2006 2:24:54 PM
This pitty sex thing is new to me. I figured if two people were horny and alone together, how convenient, let's have sex and help each other out. If both people are getting what they want, who's pittying who.
 a_vamp
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/15/2006 4:19:39 AM

Do we still sell ourselves short and do it just cause we feel bad for someone not getting any?

When if ever is it acceptable?

Yeah somebody tried that stunt on me... telling me how long it has been since he last had sex...

er... I'm not good at being too kind... So no way and go away. Its not my problem someone doesn't get laid.
 hobbes26
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/15/2006 2:43:40 PM
true but who doesnt like ice cream?
 gotu
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/15/2006 3:28:17 PM
I like ice cream

over here

me me me me me me

*waves hands*

hallo?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm *drools*
 Orzel Bialy
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/24/2006 3:26:03 AM

I thought chocolate and sex went hand in hand?

that explains it... gave up chocolate till Easter...lol
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/6/2009 10:27:21 AM
It's a pity that threads like this don't exist anymore... look at the fun they had back in the day before censorship.

I believe I may have been the recipient of some pity sex in the past, but I am pretty sure I have never doled any out.

Pity really
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Aw you are so sweet...ok I'll sleep with you...