Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *~MisskriS~*
Msg: 276
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
did you know in Orange County California more than 80% of sexually active people have at least one strain of HPV (human papilloma virus) there are more that 100 different strains two being a high risk only effecting women by causing cervical cancer men can be carriers if infected of every strain. then theres the low risk strains which are ewwww warts . HPV can be transmitted even when a person wears a condom all it take is skin to skin contact.
This information i learned from working in a OBGYN clinic and to answer your question there is no way i would date someone with an STD ive seen em all and there nasty icky gross you dont what to mess with that $hit.
 guadalcanal
Msg: 277
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 4/26/2007 7:51:34 PM
You should avoid having sexual contact with anyone who has an active case of an STD; however, statistics and hard facts don't lie...... if you infect five thousand individuals with a common strain of the flu and one thousand others with a common STD, untreated, more people will die from the flu than an STD. Contracting an STD carries a lot of negative stigma with it, and did you know that in the U.S. up until the 1940's, about 30% of all cases of heart disease were the result of STD's and rheumatic fever? Aortic regurgitation, aortitis.
 Anabolic
Msg: 278
Posted: 4/26/2007 8:15:41 PM
Only 1 Monique , what kind of question you ask. What's the problem with the question? Illuminate your consternation /discombobulation at the OP's question.

I think its a valid question that permits one to reflect what they would do should the object of their affection have an STD.

Perhaps proactive thinking is better then reactive thinking, would you not agree?

WTF is your problem with it> curious.........................
 EKboyInTheCity
Msg: 279
Posted: 4/26/2007 8:33:34 PM
If they were honest and up front about it I would socialize with them and maybe go to movies or dinners or some such thing but sex would likely be out unless there was some safe way to practice it. So, they'd more likely be friends than 'dates'.
 Squirrel Hunter
Msg: 280
Posted: 4/26/2007 9:23:41 PM
You know what? I would rather a potential partner show me the results of a psychological evaluation than their STD tests. I would take Herpes and a healthy relationship over a bunch of crazy ex wifes and girlfriends with the emotional roller coasters they can put you on.

Like no one has had a failed relationship? If I could go back ten years and have a choice between gonorrhea or a happy family........gonorrhea it is....big deal!! a little burning when you pee, pop some pills and your back in the saddle in a couple weeks. For that matter give gonorrhea before you give me a damn cold or the Flu not nearly as much suffering!!
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 281
Posted: 4/27/2007 12:03:15 AM
So darn true at Steamroller... so many more important things to worry about or think about in a relationship... considering the stats on STDs the chances are... you already have dated and/or slept with someone who has one....
 rederer1
Msg: 282
Posted: 4/27/2007 12:09:26 AM
no. Not a chance. I like sex, and would not feel comfortable having sex with someone I know has an STD.
 Chrisinop
Msg: 283
Posted: 4/27/2007 1:59:20 AM
absolutely not!
 Essie_20
Msg: 284
Posted: 4/27/2007 2:14:02 AM
Well for all you people writing off those who have one when you get one and wonder why no one will want you take a look at yourselfs now and then you might see how harsh it is to be so judgemental.

Like i have said time and time again its not fair to judge people for something tehy might not know they had or for something they caught from someone they trusted. Unless you sleep around and dont care about your safty dont take safe options then maybe it is warrenetd but other wise no.

I think it is fair you have your own opinion but maybe it is better left to ones self!!!!!!!

Imagine how a person who had one who might be reading this thread would feel just think about it!!!
 nacho cheese
Msg: 285
Posted: 4/27/2007 2:17:55 AM
This is why there are ommunication breakdowns. People are afradi. Imagine you meat this onderful lady, you think she is the woman of your dreams. you lay in bed talking one night and she said the she had somehting bad happen to her and she got an std. Not major one but it is done all cleared up and whatever. You flip out and be a****for no appearant reason. I would have to ultimately think about it myself, but i mean to just flat out say no... Wouldn't do that.
 mystlw
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2007 10:44:19 AM

Uh Oh!!!! Better ask potential partners if they have ever had Chicken pox!!!! Cause they have HERPES!!!! And thats an STD!!!

No, it's not. Children generally spread the Chicken Pox virus to each other through casual contact; if it's not spread sexually, then it's not an STD, is it?
 Squirrel Hunter
Msg: 287
Posted: 4/27/2007 6:41:54 PM
mystlw.......its still herpes buddy.............one form of herpes you can get from sexual contact and another form from casual contact......one form your cast from society the other form its all good, don't kiss me here kiss me there.

Hello people there are diseases you can get WITHOUT sexual contact and you still date them, or talk to them, or ride the subway with them. And some of those diseases have far more consequences to your health than some itch in your crotch.

Back to the Chicken pox.....a non sexually transmitted form of HERPES !!!!! OH SCARY!!!

Early signs of shingles include burning or shooting pain and tingling or itching, usually on one side of the body or face. The pain can be mild to severe. Blisters then form and last from one to 14 days. If shingles appears on your face, it may affect your vision or hearing. The pain of shingles may last for weeks, months or even years after the blisters have healed.

There is no cure for shingles. Early treatment with medicines that fight the virus may help. These medicines may also help prevent lingering pain. A vaccine may prevent shingles or lessen its effects. The vaccine is for people 60 or over who have had chickenpox but who have not had shingles.

hmmmm? burning pee pee or the above? I'll take burning pee pee for a thousand Alex!!!
 Loren L. Hooper
Msg: 288
Posted: 11/1/2007 4:11:06 AM
no i wouldn't

because thats just sick man..
 that sam i am
Msg: 289
Posted: 11/1/2007 4:35:53 AM
Life is a Sexually Transmitted Disease, and eventually you die from it.
 ahorsewithnoname
Msg: 290
Posted: 11/1/2007 8:26:50 PM
Don't forget about herpes or genital warts.
 rinoman39
Msg: 291
Posted: 11/2/2007 10:04:07 AM
Are you or anyone else on here that seem to be test reliant for protection aware that 1 in every 3 north americans have or carry some form of incurable ,untestable ,or undetectable herpes virus and at minimum half are unaware of their condition,this is a fact that the average individual cruising town on the weekends for quick friends or any time for that matter is up against,do you know the genuine actual sexual histories of every person that has been with every person that you've ever been with..........ya not likley so risk is a gross understatement in today's who's who and what'a get for your money these day's........no harm intended just pass it on there's no test for the herpes until you have them and all that happens is the doc just confirms your worst nightmare about the little bubbles that seem to have developed since you last took a real close look,if you or anyone is interested ,google the truth about herepes for an education on the subject........rino and I have dated std's and do not currently believe I have any.....because of testing,but then again......outa here......
 Ottpilgrim
Msg: 292
Posted: 11/2/2007 10:30:09 AM
Nope,

Had a good friend once who dated a girl with herpes. He was careful about practicing safe sex until he got really drunk one day and decided to risk it.

He gambled and he lost. A few weeks later he tells me he's feeling sore down there. As I can see myself acting irresponsibly in the throes of passion it is best not to tempt fate.
 pof prize
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2007 9:42:12 PM
okay now my history is no ones business but my own and whoever i may choose to lay down with, but for those of you saying just no flat out a couple of you got it...you cant well maybe you can but i cant pick who i fall in love with..i read one guy sayin no theyd be friends but defiently not date them....really so the person youre dating is perfect for you in every way and sex hasnt even come up yet as you are just getting to know them would you really walk away because of something in their past? I can understand the life threatening ones but there are ways to play safe and it has been proven so I guess your ignorance that some of you seem to hold dearly is your bliss.

Ponder this though....what if the girl was raped and given an STD? now she deserves to be judged by that for the rest of her life she deserves to have someone she loves walk away from her because of what happened? or what if youre ina committed faithful relationship him or her being the only person you have ever laid down with and one day changes everything? Now because of that youre all willing to dismiss that person?

I understand how you alll say youre clean and yes Im saying you are all inplying that you are but if STDs are so common why is it that after however many posts on this forum everyone on here is perfectly clean?

To each their own I can empaphize with both sides to the story but to be so unfair and judgemental is just harsh. And for the ones that do tell all you "clean" people they have had this or that or do have something be grateful for that honesty because alot of people dont even bother telling you so the extra precaution isnt even taken.

I dont agree or disagree with any of you this is just my own opinion but I do agree with the one guy talking about how about a mental stability evaluation while youre at it! lol love it love it love it!

I wouldnt dismiss anyone for this reason unless I knew for a fact they were not careful and did or do sleep around.
 Green Eyed Pisces 33
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:39:50 PM
The actual stats on HPV (the virus that causes cervical cancer and genital warts, depending on the strain) is that 80% of women get it by the time they are 50. So chances are most people on this board have slept with someone with an STD and didn't know it.

As for the original question- yes, I would. I would date anyone. As for sex, how I would approach it would depend on the STD. It would have to be super careful.
 Green Eyed Pisces 33
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:44:59 PM
OK, let me correct this. I wouldn't date ANYONE. I am saying that just because someone has an STD (yeah, even AIDS) doesn't mean I wouldn't have dinner with them and enjoy their company if I liked them.

Also, I happen to not have an STD. But this "us clean people" talk makes me sick. Someone having an STD does not make them unclean. It makes them unfortunate.
 namrael
Msg: 296
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:57:37 PM
I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. It would depend upon the person and the STD in question.
 1missblueeyes
Msg: 297
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:32:06 PM
Definitely a huge turn off!! Definitely would not date someone with an STD. I'd run for the hills and not look back.
 Browneyedbowhunter
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2008 5:18:02 PM
Of course I would date someone who had an STD, and I'm sure I have before... after all, look at the odds of people you see everyday having some type of STD. But really think about it here... the question is, would you date someone who had an STD... the thread didn't ask if you would 'have sex' with someone who had an STD. And do you honestly think that someone who had an STD (knowingly) would tell you BEFORE the first date?

"Hi, I'm suchandsuch and I have gonaherpesiphiaids. Would you like to go for coffee?" Yeah right!

(Unless of course you are in the habit of having sex BEFORE the first date... and in that case you probably already have plenty of gifts to give out as well!) They are only responsible for saying something BEFORE sexual intimacy... not casual social outings... Geez, I'm disgusted with some of the close minded people in these forums... and even more than that, impressed with all those who are educated here!
 vanislegal
Msg: 299
Posted: 6/30/2008 1:54:48 AM
better go back to the doctor i was dating someone and we both decided to get tested better safe then sorry he tested the same and the doctor said the same thing cankers cold sore very common well i asked my doctor and she said you need to specifically ask for the other herpes test to be run guess what they ran that test and he had the gential herpes yet he had left woth the same clean bill of health he never had had an outbreak and maybe he never will i don't know things didn't work out for us but just so you know as we checked this out thouroughly while a condom may help when it comes to herpes there is no evidence it actually protects you herpes can be on the thighs the butt etc and one in four adults have it most dont know and it can be passed when they are showing no signs of it so to all of you do the math you ahve probably had sex with someone who had herpes maybe they got it 10 yrs ago and don't even know it so the judgement is ridicules this was a really nice guy and remeber he didn't invent it someone gave it to him and one day someon may give it to you you may already have it
 _Red_
Msg: 300
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:49:39 AM
Nope, been clean all my life, not risking my health or that of a man I love in the future over someone who was apparently less then cautious.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?