Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1missblueeyes
Msg: 301
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Definitely a huge turn off!! Definitely would not date someone with an STD. I'd run for the hills and not look back.
 Browneyedbowhunter
Msg: 302
view profile
History
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 4/27/2008 5:18:02 PM
Of course I would date someone who had an STD, and I'm sure I have before... after all, look at the odds of people you see everyday having some type of STD. But really think about it here... the question is, would you date someone who had an STD... the thread didn't ask if you would 'have sex' with someone who had an STD. And do you honestly think that someone who had an STD (knowingly) would tell you BEFORE the first date?

"Hi, I'm suchandsuch and I have gonaherpesiphiaids. Would you like to go for coffee?" Yeah right!

(Unless of course you are in the habit of having sex BEFORE the first date... and in that case you probably already have plenty of gifts to give out as well!) They are only responsible for saying something BEFORE sexual intimacy... not casual social outings... Geez, I'm disgusted with some of the close minded people in these forums... and even more than that, impressed with all those who are educated here!
 vanislegal
Msg: 303
Posted: 6/30/2008 1:54:48 AM
better go back to the doctor i was dating someone and we both decided to get tested better safe then sorry he tested the same and the doctor said the same thing cankers cold sore very common well i asked my doctor and she said you need to specifically ask for the other herpes test to be run guess what they ran that test and he had the gential herpes yet he had left woth the same clean bill of health he never had had an outbreak and maybe he never will i don't know things didn't work out for us but just so you know as we checked this out thouroughly while a condom may help when it comes to herpes there is no evidence it actually protects you herpes can be on the thighs the butt etc and one in four adults have it most dont know and it can be passed when they are showing no signs of it so to all of you do the math you ahve probably had sex with someone who had herpes maybe they got it 10 yrs ago and don't even know it so the judgement is ridicules this was a really nice guy and remeber he didn't invent it someone gave it to him and one day someon may give it to you you may already have it
 _Red_
Msg: 304
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:49:39 AM
Nope, been clean all my life, not risking my health or that of a man I love in the future over someone who was apparently less then cautious.
 fooled once not 2x
Msg: 305
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:48:44 AM
even though i do understand where you are coming from, most people who get this got it from somone else they trusted and where in a relationship with, you may have it right now and not know it..and the pictures you see on the internet are the extreme cases. i never thought i would get it, but it can happen to anyone.. if thats the case you better not date anyone with a cold sore?? and you better not do oral because then you could catch it ,thats how alot of it is spread, and once the person knows their body and takes thier suppressive medication it reduces the chance greatly of transmitting it, soon their will be a vaccine for it and then it wont be an issue, how many times have yo had sex without a condom? or had oral sex and thought you were safe? and the chances of you meeting the perfect match for you and you disregard them because of it, the next guy or girll you meet the chances of them having it is high, 1 out of 4 womne have it and dont know it, 1 out of 5 men have it..so think of all the people you have dated and the chance is most likely one of them had it and didnt tell you or they didnt know themselves..most men have no symptoms when they are exposed to it, or it gets misdiagnosed as something else..they do not test for that when you ask for an std test, you have to ask specifcally for it, so many people go and ask for an std and thery dont even realize that most clinics do not test for that unless asked , and lets say you are worried and want t be tested..the antibodies for it do not show up for at least 3 mo in your blood.. so if you dont have symptoms and you have your nblood drawn too soon you will get a negative result...
even before i had this,, if i met someone who ithought was a potential partner for life,,i would do all my research before i kicked them to the curb...to disregard them soley on that is shallow and it shows if anyhting else serious was to happenin ones life youwould run from that..and the chances of you getting it from someone else is high anyway so are youreally willing to let the love of your life go over that?? youdont die from it, and many people will have 1 outbreak in thier life time, depends how well thie r immune system is and if theyare taking suppressive medications. its not spread from saliva or blood, its skin to skin contact. its tough enoug for us to deal with this virus and it takes alot to build your self esteem abck up after being diagnosed withit mainy due to the stigma attached to it, butit doent have to be that way...and it takes alot balls for someone to disclose that information to someone, so please be respectful if you run into that situation,, and reality is, if you have a great connection, and your afraid to be intimate?? dont ..until you feel comfortable and become more educated,,relaity is of you can go out with someone for a long time and not have sex your foundation is much stronger in your relationship than someone who does it all the time,,your relationship wont be based on just sex it will be deeper, and thier are many other ways to be intimate with someone
 Electromagnet
Msg: 306
Posted: 9/21/2008 6:51:44 AM
wel, lets be honest here, its not exactly the type of question you askout of the blue anyway, is it,
Like on your lst of must ask questions,
"Oh by the way, just out of curiousity, Do you have any STD's"
Oh you dont, thats fine, then we can go on a date then.....see my point?
 namrael
Msg: 307
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:14:50 AM

Nope, been clean all my life, not risking my health or that of a man I love in the future over someone who was apparently less then cautious.

It's worth noting that some people were deceived or lied to by their partners. One of my friends contracted herpes from her boyfriend while she was pregnant, because he never admitted to having it. There are also people who are in monogamous partnerships with partners who cheat on them and bring things home. A lot of people with STDs contract them through carelessness, but sometimes it's the carelessness of a partner they trusted that leaves them infected.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 308
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:20:25 AM
How the hell would you know anyway? Apparently alot of people are walking around with STD's and are not even aware of it. Go ask your doctor - it's true.
 CynthiaM
Msg: 309
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:39:01 AM
Nope. Nyet. No. Nada. Non. Lo. No discussion.
 m_church
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:06:57 AM

One of my friends contracted herpes from her boyfriend while she was pregnant, because he never admitted to having it.

Ummm chances are he gave it to her while getting her pregnant.... or earlier...
He suddenly wouldn't have given it to her once she was pregnant... unless he cheated...
Either that or she had it for a long time before, no symptoms, and the stress and hormones of pregnancy triggered an outbreak....

Many women who have their first outbreak of genital herpes during pregnancy do not actually have a new infection - instead, the outbreak is the first symptomatic recurrence of a longstanding infection.
 Comebreakmedown
Msg: 311
Posted: 10/9/2008 11:49:15 PM
i bet 90% of the people that posted in this forum have already slept with someone with an STD
 theotherguy82
Msg: 312
Posted: 10/10/2008 12:20:16 AM
If it's hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, syphilis (bear in mind it is curable, but only if caught before stage 3 iirc), or either hsv in the genital area that's a great big no. Sad but true.
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 1:35:49 AM

OP - That would be a great big Hell NO here. I strive to keep myself free from diseases, and I'd expect the same from my partner. Why should *I* put myself at risk just because they are "unfortunate"? Why should I cast aside my diligence to remain disease free because she was "unfortunate"? Sounds kinda selfish to me to expect me to have to take extra precautions and still be at risk just because "she's a person too". Yea I said it...selfish. There are dating sites that are out there and readily available for the "unfortunate" ones that have herpegonasyphilaids.

I found it all quite laughable to see so many denounce posters and their choice to not participate in relationships with the infected as "ignorant". The biggest laugh I saw was so many using wildly irrational statements like "victims" and "cheaters" and "rape" and "molestation". Really now...and these infections would account for what...less than 0.001% of the infections worldwide? You gonna try to tell me that the masses were all "victims" now? Please, get real.

People that have STD's/STI's are people too, and I acknowledge that. I just won't ever put myself in a position to be coupled with one who was/is infected. That ain't ignorant (as I'm well versed with the precautions and remedies available), that ain't rude, that ain't even a preference...it's a conscious choice. And it's a choice I will stand behind 100%. I don't have to justify my choice to anyone. It's your life and you live it how you want...it's my life, and I'll do the same.

Not telling a SO about your malady because you're afraid of the reprecussions is equally selfish, and in some places punishable by LAW. There are sites available that cater to the infected people out there, so my suggestion would be to fish in the right pond. Chances are you'll have better luck.

But don't cast stones at anyone 'cause they exercise a choice. Your selfishness, immaturity and insecurity by doing so shines through your words like a friggin' supernova. Really.

christinaFromBoca77
Msg: 314
Posted: 10/10/2008 4:22:17 AM
No, I wouldnt. I dont have any and expect the same of the person who Im with.
 Blu_byu
Msg: 315
Posted: 10/10/2008 8:17:04 AM
NOPE-- would never KNOWINGLY date or sleep with someone with an STD. If she has one and fails to tell me about it, well, shame on both of us.
 Ice-ey9
Msg: 316
Posted: 10/10/2008 9:12:31 AM
Thats a non-issue because it would simply mean that I would NEVER be engaged in any kind of sexual contact with the person. I don't need to risk my health just to get laid.
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 317
Posted: 10/10/2008 10:09:07 AM

wel, lets be honest here, its not exactly the type of question you askout of the blue anyway, is it,
Like on your lst of must ask questions,
"Oh by the way, just out of curiousity, Do you have any STD's"
Oh you dont, thats fine, then we can go on a date then.....see my point?.

Actually, I put it in my profile under "first date". I request everyone have their paperwork ready if they want to date me. I pose it in a joking manner, but actually I'm being very serious.
 christinaFromBoca77
Msg: 318
Posted: 10/10/2008 10:42:35 AM
Women run a risk of developing cervical/uterine cancer when exposed to HPV, which is why having multiple sexual partners is not only dangerous in terms of STD's but also can give you CANCER, yes..cancer! AIDS & CANCER!!!
 TOwoman1
Msg: 319
Posted: 10/10/2008 4:18:17 PM
Christina from Boca says [Women run a risk of developing cervical/uterine cancer when exposed to HPV, which is why having multiple sexual partners is not only dangerous in terms of STD's but also can give you CANCER, yes..cancer! AIDS & CANCER!!!] Cervical, vulvar and vaginal cancer, yes; uterine, no. Cervical cancer is slow growing (10 years). Abnormal cells are easily detectable on a Pap test. Cervical cancer is 90% preventable - even a high-grade lesion can be treated and her Pap will generally go back to normal. In terms of multiple partners, the research says that most people acquire HPV at first intercourse.

Here in Canada, the law says a person with HIV is obliged to disclose before sexual activity. Yes, there are unscrupulous people who do not, but that's where a clinic "date" works for some.
 m_church
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 4:40:51 PM

Cervical, vulvar and vaginal cancer, yes; uterine, no.

Sounds too much like "Well, the car's a write-off..., body's shot, the engine's cracked, the windshields is broken, but it's not all bad, we can save that right front tire there...."
 TOwoman1
Msg: 321
Posted: 10/10/2008 6:07:09 PM
m_church, you have a good sense of humour; but the fact remains that vulvar and vaginal cancers are rare and cervical cancer is preventable. Just wanted to clarify about uterine cancers.
 Chaz Brown
Msg: 322
Posted: 10/10/2008 6:34:44 PM
This is a retarded question asked by someone who obvisouly has little imagination if this is the best they could do to add a new post. And only 13 pages of people commenting...

Chaz
 Phuck
Msg: 323
Posted: 10/10/2008 6:39:44 PM
No, I wouldn't date someone with an STD (unless it was curable).

Relationships have enough problems without that, and I'm not Mother Theresa.

If you have an STD, you have my sympathy, but not a date with me.
 Vannili
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2008 8:40:23 PM
msg1 YES !!! if he is the only guy on this universe, it is better than nothing.......
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 325
Posted: 10/11/2008 7:48:30 AM
Look for those that are taking such a strong stand. An STD like herpes is not a death sentence. You can still have sex just have to be more thoughtful about it and wait til you are ok. HIV on the other hand IS most definitely a potential death sentence.

I have had friends who openly discussed that they had herpes with me. One female and one male. They actually had a group that used to meet up occasionally and just chat so they didn't feel like outcasts. I went and learned alot about it. It was better having the information than not.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?