Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happybunny8
Msg: 351
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 15 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Giving someone a label as "sleeps around a lot" because someone had an STD is wrong.

It really depends on the disease. For example, AIDS would be one where the other person would need to know how it was contracted. What if this person got it through birth or throught a transfusion or with the first "boy" they slept with (watch the movie "The Kids" for a scary reality).?

Herpes is an STD, however when people disclose that they have this, it is generally flares in the genital area they are disclosing.

Until my mid-20's, nobody ever told me they got cold sores on their lips as a disclosure statement before sex. As one poster stated he starting getting them at age 3.

This is one of the reasons that I feel people need to discuss their risky sexual behaviour in addition to any possible STD's.

I don't think I'm that worried about cold sores, as long as you are safe, understand the facts and are willing to take the risk that your partner is a non-shedder. I think half the people I know get cold sores, but so far none have said they get genital outbreaks.

Many of those half people with cold sores I know? They are married or in a relationship. I guess they are not the ogres many people on here think they are :)

trust is one thing but lieing is another.

Most men just ignore the conversation or belittle any discussion about STD's. I know.
 Annie was here
Msg: 352
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 8/4/2010 4:40:46 PM
Date them? Yes I would.Have sex with them? No absolutely not!
 m_church
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 5:31:29 PM

Until my mid-20's, nobody ever told me they got cold sores on their lips as a disclosure statement before sex. As one poster stated he starting getting them at age 3.

Yeah I knod of think they are a little over rated as STD's too... sores on the genitals...
Yep gonna be a problem... but cold sores on the lips?
I've never had them... but I knew loads of kids with them as I grew up... my G/F tells me she got her first one around age 4....
She still gets them about once a year....
 m_church
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 5:33:43 PM

Most men just ignore the conversation or belittle any discussion about STD's. I know.

Very true... With guys it's often a case of No symptoms, no pus, no itching... It's all good... If it fell off, THEN they'd maybe go to the doctor...

Mind you, we're all guilty to a certain degree of minimising it until we know people who have had one... Hmmm This gives me an idea for a thread...
 Archangel_07
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/11/2011 5:32:22 PM
Too many people play Russian roulette still even in dating, sex just happens and people that say there " clean " can still carry an std and NOT EVEN KNOW THEY HAVE IT. All it takes is one time to have sex and boom std on ya like that (curable or not). To answer OP's Question, Depending on what the std is. Dating someone with HIV couldn't do it, it's too risky and life threatening. But as for the rest most std are curable and can be worked out. While the person is going thru an std outbreak there will be no sex, no kissing, no foreplay till they're cured from the outbreak.
 blueceleste
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2011 3:20:22 PM
i dated a woman who had herpes but i didnt know until we started dating. well, i tried to help her with her herpes problem. all she did was lie and cheat ****ing every guy and made out with every girl out there. i got myself tested but i didnt catch it thank god even though i really loved her when we had so much in common. it only lasted for 2 months and i dropped her. she did recently contacted me then stopped talking to me i wonder why lol. no, that is a deal breaker i will not date anyone again who has an std. if they want help as to how to treat it using alternative medicine, i will be glad to give them that information.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 357
Posted: 5/12/2011 11:57:40 PM
Do ankle-biters count as an STD?
 m_church
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2011 8:06:02 AM

Do ankle-biters count as an STD?

We used to call them ankle-biters too....(LoL)

"Kids"
1... "Kids" are an STD with a 9 month incubation period.
2... "Kids" take 18 years to get rid if it...
3... "Kids" Affects your social life...
4... A lot of your friends will avoid you once you have "kids"...
5... You spend a lot more time at the docotor's office with "kids"...
6... They leave lasting physical changes to a woman's body...
7... Future partners may not want to be with you once they find out you've had "kids"...
8... You find you end up missing time from work once you've had "kids" especialliy if you're a woman...
9... "kids" can lead to headaches and sleepless nights...
 Bookbelle
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 1:58:13 PM
If I liked them enough, then yes.
Dating someone who has an STD doesn't necessarily mean they'll pass it on.
 OutMind
Msg: 360
Posted: 5/16/2011 2:00:51 PM
Why stop there, why not date someone with Ebola, or the drug resistant versions of TB, or leprosy.

So no, I would not date someone with an STD.
 CountryPolk
Msg: 361
Posted: 5/21/2011 6:30:53 PM
hell no hell no

No STD plz !
 Jay504702
Msg: 362
Posted: 6/12/2011 7:50:31 PM
It depends on the std.. stuff happens, condoms break.. and there is always a chance of them not knowing they have something or their previous not knowing. Ignorance isnt a crime unless it is intentional IMO. Besides there are meds for most and they are curable.
 catamount11
Msg: 363
Posted: 6/13/2011 2:44:26 PM
So here's a question. Do you guys consider someone who gets a cold sore or has been exposed and had a cold sore before to have an STD? I'm talking about one on the mouth.
 gliding262
Msg: 364
Posted: 6/17/2011 9:31:41 AM
I have had cold sores all my life, as far as I can remember. I didn't contract it from sex that is for sure, so no I don't like being labeled as having an STD. That being said, folks who get them don't think too much about it, however some folks act like those who get them are lepurs.

I get cold sores, I tell folks, most are cool with it. But I still believe in mutual testing. Some of posts to this thread really marginalize folks and considering how many folks are posting to this thread a good number of the "no ways" probably have something and either don't know or are in denial.

Check out a herpes dating site, most of the folks on them look just as attractive as ones on "normal" sites. Heck some are pretty hot, and I would never expect them to have herpes or anything else.
 MsMarcy30
Msg: 365
Posted: 6/17/2011 10:24:49 AM
No i wouldn't date someone that had one.
 808md
Msg: 366
Posted: 7/28/2011 2:47:45 PM
lol...very judgmental group. HPVs are so common that at least 50% of sexually active men and women get them at some point in their lives.

So many of you have probably spread an STD.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?