Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lodge24
Msg: 101
view profile
History
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
No, I wouldn't be able to. If you have an STD it basically means you aren't very responsible..sort of.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 102
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 4/30/2006 6:39:46 PM
STD=not responsible... please go read up on them... and educate yourself.... although condoms are effective in preventing some STDs they are not 100% effective... you should always wear one... but don't consider yourself to be safe just because...

I know several responsible people who have been unlucky enough to think they were:
A-in a monogamous relationship... but weren't
B-believed their partner when they said they were tested for everything... the main STDs aren't covered in standardized testing...
C-thought condoms were 100% effective... but later found out that herpes and HPV can live in areas that the condom doesn't cover... (always use condoms though)
D-assumed that because they or their partner never had symptoms they were fine... (90% of people with Herpes are asymptomatic and there are similar stats on HPV)....

please pick a different word... yes you have the right to say no to dating someone with an STD... but don't assume anything about that person.. one of my good friends mother died of AIDS... after a 40 year marriage... she was monogamous... her husband wasn't... she didn't know until he was diagnosed... too late for her... he was her only sexual partner...
 knees
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/30/2006 7:32:52 PM
"No, I wouldn't be able to. If you have an STD it basically means you aren't very responsible..sort of. "

GRRR!!!!!!!
 jorel78
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/30/2006 8:49:52 PM
its not that you are not responsible, sometimes you trust the wrong person. whether it is a girlfriend/boyfriend. but as for dating some one with an std. the answer is no! but you can always be friends. cause i don't remember people catching a std from a hug or handshake. but hey if ya both have std's then the 2 of ya should date.
 hightechredneck
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2006 2:13:53 AM
If I have even heard just a rumor about them having any STD that is uncurable I won't even think about dating them. If it is something that can be cured with antibiotics I MIGHT consider it.
 getdial
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2006 8:18:31 AM
As for those who believe STD=not responsable, i.e. lodge24 and ~iice~, I have a friend, who at the age of 11 was raped and contracted an STD. Now tell me, does this make her "not responsable"???

Don't be so ignorant. Ignorance is not always bliss. Get educated.
 purelovemaking
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:10:47 AM
well would have to know who the person is to date them
anyways so I would have to say no till they get ride if it then .
I might think about it and of course how they got it would also
play a role in my decision...
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:13:16 AM
Getdial... please read my whole post... I was NOT calling people with STD's irresponsible... I was responding to the person above me who did... I in no way believe someone with on is irresponsible... and I am sorry for your friend...
 BarrieChick
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:47:39 AM
No way!!! I would never date someone with an STD....

Personally...when I begin to date and it's going to get seroius, I make him go to the doctors for the ok....I also get checked so he knows that I am clean too....but there are WAY to many Diseases and things out there. I don't want ANY creepy crawlys.

And getting an STD is irresponsible....you should protect yourself ANY way that you can....it's YOUR body and no one is going to take care of it but you. I'm sorry for your friend getdial....that is not irresponsible....the guy was in that case....but women who choose to sleep with someone without knowing...is VERY irresponsible!!!!!!
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/3/2006 3:48:14 PM
Barrie.... so I assume now that you wait until you know someone over a year and have been tested twice prior to having sex?? and that you make sure that the work up includes the STD's that are not part of standardized testing (herpes, HPV, HIV, Hepititus).... some STDs are dorminant and don't show in a test until after 6 months and sometimes up to a year...

condoms are protective... however... you can still get herpes or HPV while using a condom.. still need to always use them... but some people have gotten STDs while using protection..

bottomline I don't think anyone wants an STD.... but they are very real and very out there... protect yourself as much as possible... wear a condom... know your partner... but in the end... shit can happen... look at the stats... that would be a large population of irresponsible people...
 ready2experiment
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/3/2006 5:41:17 PM
hey there what a crazy ****ing question. no i would not date anyone who has had an std if i knew about it that is just nasty okay but since you asked...
 anon83
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2006 7:38:06 PM
I've read almost every post in this forum, and I am seriously bawling. I was diagnosed with Herpes type 1 on the genitals. (Yes you can get both types anywhere) recently, and have always used condoms. The doctor says it is next to impossible to say who or when I got it from. I have been tested many times. Not until I had an outbreak did I know.

All you people who say " heck no" "no f**** way" , you are all rude and sick people. Anyone can have it and not know, just like me, I am a good person, with a small misfortune, I'm human too, and I hope I will have an intimate relationship again soon. Yes there is a small chance I can give it to someone without having an outbreak, but that doesnt make me less deserving or less of a person. I know I have to tell anyone I get close to, and I hope that if and when I do open up to that person, they will be a big enough person and be understanding and caring.
 tenkay
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:23:22 PM
latex and plastic people. if anyone ever say's I'm allergic to latex. tell them to get some ****ing plastic condom's there out there ask and learn. it's not far to you, or them.
 anotheraviator
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:02:11 PM
Condoms don't protect you against everything... nor are they guaranteed.

Yes you can get some diseases (such as genital warts or herpes) from just TOUCHING someone down there during some heavy petting.

Oh... and in Canada... 75% of people will have genital warts (HPV) at least once in their lives... many will NEVER know. It also can not be prevented from condoms. You have a 3 in 4 chance of sleeping with someone who is positive.

There is an article on the cp24 website in the health section confirming this 75% figure if anyone disagrees. Yup... if you look up there is what.... 12 posters in this page? So then at least 8 either have genital warts or will contract them in their lifetime.

Also herpes was even mentioned in Romeo and Juliet... it's been around that long and will continue to be.

The only STD I would be affraid of is HIV/AIDS. Otherwise... if you love the person... go for the gold (but try to protect yourself as much as possible and no-nookie on breakouts)
 RV422
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/4/2006 1:15:14 AM
I nutted in a chick wit hiv. ain't got tested yet either, been like 10 months. had sex lotsa times since, don't really matter in the end.
 XJaiX
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/4/2006 9:10:31 AM
I nutted in a chick wit hiv. ain't got tested yet either, been like 10 months. had sex lotsa times since, don't really matter in the end.

=----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are a sick ****. I hope you die a horrible death because you just killed all those people you slept with. You have ****ing issues that only a gun pointed at your pathetic head could cure.

This is the kind of stuff that gives the responsible people who got an STD a bad name. I am totally upfront with people about it. If they know they can make an educated decision about what they want. This guy is a loser....and I hope for the love of god he is just being stupid and not being serious.
 ~iiCe~
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/4/2006 10:07:48 AM
so see peeps... Rv is a fine example of how you can't tell if someone you sleep with has had an STD... he f*cks around and doesn't care what he catches... and is willing to pass it... and he doesn't care... I am sure he doesn't tell people he is high risk...

I will take honesty any day.... and work with that...
 Sixcaps
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/4/2006 11:10:40 AM
I think this prove something!

If your having sex and not being test all the time and being careful.... your basically putting your dyck in a gun and hoping here isn't a bullet in the camber!!!!!

I tested myself before dating my gf (9 months) She is a virgin and probly going to be my wife.

I'm outta that Game because even if I"m responsable, there are always people like RV422 that will ruin the pie before you eat it!!
 JustAChildLikeMe
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/4/2006 11:38:01 AM
STD?????? Don't they send flowers?

oh chit wait a minute, that's FTD
 ~*~This Magic Moment~*~
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/4/2006 12:03:19 PM
i have an STD....so i'm in this position....and i'm not afraid to tell anyone...if anyone wants to taunt me for it...go right ahead...i've learned to deal with it...its LIFE....why should it matter if you date someone with the knowledge of them having an STD or not? the one i have....50 percent of americans that have what i have....DONT EVEN KNOW THEY HAVE IT! ur spouse or sexual partner you have now could even have it and think they were telling you the truth when they told you they were clean. i think spoken words and the mind play very BIG roles in putting ditches between two ppl that could be in love. i dont care about the STD i have...cuz if i keep it treated and i am open and honest...then i'm okay. it doesnt threaten my life unless i dont keep it treated...and it's not transmittable 24/7...so if you know you can keep up with having it treated....and you know you wont give it to no one....why should it matter if you get an STD from someone you really care about? why? cuz of ppl with too much pride!...well for all you know you could have it now! or something now! and a lot of them dont show up in tests for a long time....you could even have one you got from birth for all you know! so why let your mind keep you from being with the one you love? its the devil playing with you. and if their STD is life threatening...there are plenty of ways to have safer sex....even if intercourse isnt an option you can still make love in other ways...trust me i know. but some guys just need it i guess. i dated a guy and allowed him to have sex with another woman cuz i know that i couldnt give him that in life....it killed my heart but i knew it was me he wanted for who i am and how i treat him....so i stayed...but stuff went down and i left him....it was too much on my emotions.

OT
hey bristle....remember me? the merkin jingle creator? and the one about the banana? lol ya its me...with new pix! (sorry so far OT)
 ~*~This Magic Moment~*~
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/4/2006 12:12:17 PM
about RV422 and his comment.....

RV422 IM'ed me last night and sexually harrassed me....and apparently knows me from what he said...i THINK its my ex fiance but i am not sure...
i asked him to tell me my name if i he knows me....
all he said was ....

"hehehehe i love you girl!"
then closed the IM....this all sounds like sick things my ex would say to try to upset ppl and mess with them....and no its not me with HIV if it is him....i have HPV....that man truely scares me if that is him...sorry i just read more into the post and saw all that...yes RV422 is very sick....no matter if he is who i think he is or not....he even said to me that he finds rape fun...but with me rape is not the case....i was thinking...WTF????? i have dealt with RV422...i suggest to all ppl to steer clear from him....some of the profile things in his profile dont match to my ex....but A LOT of it does...and seeming how my ex is a pathelogical liar and he is probably doing it to confuse me....i wouldnt doubt it for being him for one second!
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/4/2006 12:39:49 PM
i dated a guy and allowed him to have sex with another woman cuz i know that i couldnt give him that in life.

Are you trying to say that since you have HPV you can't have sex, like with penetration? Because that's not the case..unless you have a continous breakout that never clears up? Like I've said in this forum and the other one on herpes..I have HPV as well and have only had one breakout in 12 years and when there's nothing there, you're fine to have sex...still use protection but ya it's all good. So I really hope that's not that you're saying.
 Styles88
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/4/2006 1:36:41 PM
My two most recent GF's both had herpes and it didn't affect our relationship(s) whatsoever. Sure we had to be careful and if either of them had break-outs we had to take it easy, but I dated both of them for a combined 9 months, had sex 100's of times and never contracted herpes from either of them. Everyone has "baggage" and to discriminate someone because it happens to be a STD is ignorant. Pick a book up and learn. It's not that difficult.
 Chatpilot
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/4/2006 1:50:05 PM
I agree 100%. Educate yourselves people. If someone finds themselves in this unfortunate situation, it's not the end of the world. It just requires a little more work.
 ~*~This Magic Moment~*~
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/4/2006 7:57:16 PM
Are you trying to say that since you have HPV you can't have sex, like with penetration?

to answer your question Jenni...no that wasnt what i was refferring to dear...its just that some men i have dated are not that well educated on it and their minds were too stuck on their "STD phobia" that i chose to do that cuz i cared about that person very much at that time...but he is history and i found someone very nice that can actually see what i am telling him and doesnt have fear of being close to me...its just basically other ppl i have been with in the past that i have just bent over backwards for cuz i cared for that person at that particular time very much...but then i just realized that those people are just not for me...and now i found someone i care about more than ever...i met him on POF as a matter of that fact...but ya....sorry i didnt clarify what i was referring to when it came to my statement on that...i am very aware of our condition...but i do know that i dont know everything about it. cuz i get so many different "facts" froms so many different hospitals and authorised websites...so i'm just like...okay whats the deal and whats the FACTS here?...ya know what i mean? so if you can give me info...that would be great...ty hun...u can inbox it to me...if you are not able to inbox me cuz of my settings just let me know. ty hun...sorry for the confusion.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?