Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Danzd
Msg: 151
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 7 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Interesting I've wondered that all my life,it's a hard thing for one to prsent themself in a positive manner to meet new people if they include such a negative introspect on themselves.
I've had sex all my life using protection for the fear of being infected.In a good way that has helped because I've met people that do have some sort of infection,I don't judge people on that though, I feel if you get along with the person and want to take it to a sexual level just know you need to play by protection rules and be safe.It is a scary thing though alot of people I've met through schooling and various courses do not readily give out the information,That's why you should alway's be catious especially with like aids going around,that disease will kill you.....all for a short feeling...how risky r u...be safe and do what u can or be prepared to face a consequence that will be with u forever.I have used protection because the fear of a pleasurable moment can mean life or death thease days.Feelings r powerful,and sometimes we feel that the partner is totally honest,But if things fall apart then that moment can haunt u forever,pleasure is a powerful feeling.....
 tenkay
Msg: 152
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 5/7/2006 3:07:44 PM
yes it is, and I find it a hard one to say no to (plesure). And I guess that's why I'm still not sure if I would say no. Love is intoxacating, and if I find it with someone who has a std. then I still want to be around them and care for them as well. When I feel that way about a person I want them to be happy and feel good at time's. sex feel's good and I like pleasing (some)people that way...........I'm human. So it would put me through alot of pain to have love in a relationship, and not be able to epress it. I am a sexualy being and I want to have sex with someone I care about. walk down the street someday and every person you walk by. for a second ask your self If i met this person and we got alot great and I asked him or her out. and at that point they said I have a disease you have to know about first. that would tell me something about them. I can have trust for this person. they have showen caring and respect for me.
 am here
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/8/2006 12:06:40 AM
Unfortunately people are so quick to judge others

It can happen to anyone
 pinky_love
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/8/2006 1:53:33 PM
C'MON PEOPLE!!

having an STD does not change who the person is!!!

Everyone has sooo much to say on this matter........

If you dont want an STD then cover it up!!

But if you meet someone that does (like I have) just love that person unconditionally and try as hard as it may be not to think about it........... I mean the idea of you getting it will never leave your head, just dont consume your life around it...........

And to all the haters....... you may have slept with someone with an STD and praise the lord that you didnt get it~~

Thanks
 tenkay
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/8/2006 4:21:52 PM
lol you know what.................. I think that was a perfect end. thank you pinky love.
 soulchild78
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/8/2006 5:13:56 PM
I have to agree......All of you people are WAY too quick to judge. Now I know there is a LOT you WON'T say on here because you fear someone you know or have slept with on here saying so but I believe there is a different answer for each situation....

There are a lot of different STDs out there...Some are curable, some are not, some are Deadly, some are not....So depending on what the person has, and how the relationship is going, it all depends....Yes they say they you can still get for example "herpes" even though you're using a condom...BUT if you knew anything about Herpes, you'd know you have to have contact with the infected area. Not to mention, if you made sure to clean yourself (As your supposed to anyways after any sexual contact) that would drop your chances even lower.

I would never date anyone with HIV or AIDS, I'm sorry. If it were something like herpes, and it was someone I saw an actual future with, and they were honest with me from the get, then yes. Because I know how to prevent it, I make sure to Educate myself, and it CAN be prevented! Believe me, I know this....

To each his own, but I definitely don't think people with Herpes or HPV or any STD for that matter should only be able to date other people with STD's.....There are too many people out there that are willing to look past certain things anyways......This is a SMALL portion of the world.

If any of you had an actual CLUE as to how many people ACTUALLY have HPV and Herpes, I GUARANTEE ALL OF YOU would be celibate! And I guarantee MOST of you have already slept with someone who has something and you never even had a CLUE! TRUST ME! 1 in 3 people has Herpes, and even MORE have HPV. I also don't think you should pass up a chance at true happiness because that person may or not have made a bad decision once. Believe me, it's not always that person's fault! There are THREE sides to every story so listen carefully before you judge.

All in all, do as I have done and EDUCATE yourself.....And don't be so quick to judge.....You never know. Don't be afraid to ask.....I have a friend who asks every girl he dates from the get and won't even sleep with them till he "sees" a result.

So do what you gotta do to stay comfortable.....and be happy!
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/22/2006 1:11:21 AM
So me I would not date them Kay, i would try to help them, BUT not date them. I think we are obligated to help others but we don't have to date them in this situation.

Hope it clears things up.
 Tsorath
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/22/2006 1:21:24 AM
nope that would be one of my few dealbreakers.

Tsorath
 Juda25
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/22/2006 2:10:58 AM
I havent read through all of these threads yet. just kind of blasted through them.I had a friend with HSV1( herpes) and it's astonighing how many people (like 80%) have the HSV1 virus. The problem with it is you dont have to be showing symptoms in order to pass it on. People who get cold sores.. even once. have the HSV1 virus.. you can spread it simple as that. Some peopel eho have HSV1 and 2 for that matter sometimes never even show symptoms. They dont come up in drug tests (reliably) and even swab testing of a sore can yeild to un reliable results. So think about all those people you kiss.. or have had oral sex with. anything.. You're still taking the same risk as sleeping with someone with herpes. It's virtually impossible to not come in contact with someone with the HSV virus and be in a position where it could be passed on. the fact it's called an "STD" make you feel safe as long as your not entering intercourse however, Herpes is passed a long a lot more frequently through "normal" interactions with people. I'm not saying this to scare anyone. And i would be hesitant to sleep with (dating is fine) a person untill i knoew all the information and came to my own conclusions about my safety. having an "STD" can be a scary thing but i'ts never the end of the world. If you are being cautious and are armed with information. you significantly lessen the chance of contracting one yourself. And anothe rpiece of info (again this may have all been said) HSV1 is usually cold sores at the mouth and HSV2 is usually genital, however both can be contracted either way and both share slight differences in it's viral makeup. Just thought i'd clear stuff up a bit.

Juda
 oceanpearl202
Msg: 160
Posted: 6/22/2006 5:11:01 AM
I keep seeing people say that "you're being too quick to judge". I don't understand how these people could put themselves at risk like that.

For me, I would never judge a person for having an STD, but I certainly would not want to ever have sex with them. You can't take risks like that with your own health. Yes, many are treatable/curable - well if that's the case - get it cleared up and then I'll consider it.. until then, forget about it.

Also, Juda25:

I had a friend with HSV1( herpes) and it's astonighing how many people (like 80%) have the HSV1 virus.

Is it really that many people? wow! I guess that those of us who have never had a coldsore are lucky..lol. I've never had one myself, but I've been told that people can catch coldsores from their mothers when being born or from something as common as using a fork in a restaurant that wasn't washed correctly. Scary!

OP
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/22/2006 5:13:12 AM

So me I would not date them Kay, i would try to help them, BUT not date them. I think we are obligated to help others but we don't have to date them in this situation.

Ok so please enlighten us all as to why you think just cause someone has an STD that they need your 'help'? And what do they need help with?
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:35:15 AM

Ok so please enlighten us all as to why you think just cause someone has an STD that they need your 'help'? And what do they need help with?

No I meant that they need to be shown compassion on and not looked down upon is what I meant. I feel for those people and am not willing to just turn aside and make believe that things are ok when they are not. I would still try to be their friends or a close associate, even though I would choose not to date them neccesarily. I am still all for trying to comfort them as friends or for them to have someone around them if they need to talk or something.

Thats all I said.
 bccastones
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:37:55 AM
75% of women have the HVP virus. Should they not date anyone? Considering this virus does barely nothing to men but can cause cervical cancer for women!
 sunshowers
Msg: 164
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:38:00 AM
No.

Am not willing to put MY health and my daughters future with their mom at risk.
 getyou
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:49:24 AM
Would YOU date someone who only made love to you with a loaded gun? What a question are you nuts?
 Juda25
Msg: 166
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:55:56 AM
The numbers really are high especially with HSV. and the worst thing as said before is you can have it without synmptoms.. thats how it is normally spread.. from people who dont know they have it. oral sex from someone who had a cold sore 3 years ago can potentially give you genital hsv
 dorkfully geekalicious
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/22/2006 11:38:09 AM
To sunshowers and getyou...how do you know you don't have an std right now? how do you know you don't have hpv and are passing it on to anyone you sleep with? simple, you don't. You could have gotten it years ago and just never had any symptoms..most men with hpv don't have any at all.
 The Evil Doctor
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/22/2006 11:44:16 AM
absolutely not......std = dirty......or lack of respect for themselves and others.....there could be some HIV off in the not to distant future
 Ochun36
Msg: 169
Posted: 6/22/2006 11:51:25 AM
absolutely not......std = dirty......or lack of respect for themselves and others.....there could be some HIV off in the not to distant future.

Oh my Goodness, it's hard to believe that in 2006 this type of ignorance still exists.

I have a friend that got Herpes at 19 from the first guy that she slept with. How does that make her a dirty person???? She might have been too trusting, or too in love at that moment but she certainly was not a dirty person.
 The Evil Doctor
Msg: 170
Posted: 6/22/2006 11:54:21 AM
Oh my Goodness, it's hard to believe that in 2006 this type of ignorance still exists.

I have a friend that got Herpes at 19 from the first guy that she slept with. How does that make her a dirty person???? She might have been too trusting, or too in love at that moment but she certainly was not a dirty person.

I think that you made my arguement for me, when she slept with this man unprotected where was the respect that she had for herself or future partners.......

EDIT: Just a note, there are these things called tests that can be performed prior to taking off the latex
 mystlw
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 12:19:57 PM

I had a friend with HSV1( herpes) and it's astonighing how many people (like 80%) have the HSV1 virus.

In the interest of accuracy, it should be stated that that 80% figure refers to those with the oral HSV1 virus (cold sores).

So, you're judging the rest of us as "ignorant" for not being so trusting and in love that we would subject ourselves to a chronic disease? Where's the logic in that??

EDIT: Just a note, there are these things called tests that can be performed prior to taking off the latex

I'm sure that someone else would eventually point this out, but allow me to be the first: the "latex" does not prevent Herpes.
 Ochun36
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/22/2006 12:52:17 PM
So, you're judging the rest of us as "ignorant" for not being so trusting and in love that we would subject ourselves to a chronic disease? Where's the logic in that??

The statement was said because he refered to people with STD's as dirty and lacking of self-respect. As if he has never made a mistake in his life. Yes we trust and yes we do get hurt when we trust too much and yes sometimes bad things happen to good people, but that doesn't give someone the right to stand in judgement of them or treat them like they're some friggin pariahs or untouchables.

You would be surprised to know how many people out there do have STDs and how many you come into contact with, without knowing. One day you might be the one that is infected (unless you are going to be totally celibate, you always run a risk) these things don't discriminate. Would you like someone to get up on their high horse and stand in judgement of you and call you dirty. As if you don't have enough to deal with by having an STD, you also have to deal with that shit.
 The Evil Doctor
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/22/2006 1:11:54 PM
apparently herpes is the only std out there and here I though that there was many.....many more. Even with latex there are chances of contracting this and that, but I do find it silly not to do everything one can to prevent. I "personally find it a little dirty if a woman I am with does not suggest that I use one, makes me wonder about who she has been with that did not use one.....and so on......so to me that is a bit dirty......

Sorry Ochun36 as your friend now has the gift that keeps on giving......but we are all entitled our opinions......

And by the way your friend will never have to deal with me or my shit.......lol
 Nufyxes
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 2:27:53 PM
Nope, I dont want to get it, and without sex its just a friendship
 getyou
Msg: 175
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:57:18 PM
Clean bill of health here work in health care been tested and tested and tested I don't want the presents you bring thanks! Hey but if you find someone who shares you affliction have atter!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?