Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nufyxes
Msg: 176
view profile
History
would you ever date someone who has an std?Page 8 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Nope, I dont want to get it, and without sex its just a friendship
 getyou
Msg: 177
would you ever date someone who has an std?
Posted: 6/22/2006 4:57:18 PM
Clean bill of health here work in health care been tested and tested and tested I don't want the presents you bring thanks! Hey but if you find someone who shares you affliction have atter!
 radkelly
Msg: 178
Posted: 6/22/2006 5:01:27 PM
I wouldn't as it shows a lack of caution. Sex is fantastically animal instinctual but humans need to take time to wrap up. Passing around stds is so uncool.
I couldn't have sex with a guy who has had any std.
 Vanessa_32
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/22/2006 7:17:42 PM
The answer Is NO, I mean why would we date some 1 with STD? If some 1 would they are nuts.
 bloodruby
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/22/2006 9:21:27 PM
Condoms are the most effective protection against STIs and they are way more than 10% effective. The main things they don't protect against are crabs and stupidity. Condoms when used properly are 95-99% effective If you want 100% don't have sex, people can lie at any point in a relationship. The most effective tool to keep yourself healthy and happy is EDUCATION!!!!!!!!!
 2a4r5i225
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/24/2006 6:40:21 PM
Hello=) Vanessa 32, What if the person was lied to about getting the desease, and got it the first time the person lost his virginity? no offensse but say you had an std, Then what would be your opinion on it? I mean no offense=) If you I do have sex I let the person know before I don't want to give anybody any deseases, but does this mean I will never have sex again just because my exfiance lied to me about giving it to me, in my opinion if you truly love someone it shouldn't matter that the person has an std in my opinions there are ways to work around it without getting a desease.
 SomethingforKate
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/24/2006 7:36:06 PM
I would have once said 'hell no' but after having worked in an infectious disease unit, my opinions have changed. To my surprise the majority of patients that came in were what you would term as just your typical 'NORMAL' people. There are those STD's that can go unnoticed, undiagnosed, hence every sexually active person has the potential to be infected and infect.
Education, protection, and HONESTY is paramount (abstinence is another option..hehe) Just my two cents worth
 bccastones
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/25/2006 10:42:38 AM
lol, "the pain of abstinence"
 sunshowers
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/25/2006 12:32:47 PM

To sunshowers and getyou...how do you know you don't have an std right now? how do you know you don't have hpv and are passing it on to anyone you sleep with? simple, you don't. You could have gotten it years ago and just never had any symptoms..most men with hpv don't have any at all.

I get tested after every sexual partner that I have.

I use protection until I am sure that that person is clean. And irregardless of this, I still get tested twice- yearly EVEN if I continue on with the same partner.

ON TOPIC -- No.
 kryptosdaddy
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/25/2006 12:43:02 PM
NONONONO!!!!! I hate shots- you may as well inject yourself with a STD!
 2a4r5i225
Msg: 186
Posted: 7/2/2006 10:24:40 AM
Hello=)

I have a question I mean no offense to anyone, but what if you really loved someone and you were going to spend the rest of your life with this person in what way would it matter if the other person had a std?
 Mystacall
Msg: 187
Posted: 7/2/2006 3:14:37 PM
All you Nay sayers crack me up!! do you know that the sweet little guy or girl your dating may just have it and never tells you?!!! I know of 2 people who have herpes and don't tell...anyone!! and then you think your protected by condoms!!! LOL omg!! one of my good friends has it on the back of his thighs...another person I know has it on their arms!!! Get Real....you never know who has it and one day...all you people who point fingers are going to wake up with a little tingle...and say hmmm what is that!! News Flash...condoms don't protect against herpes...they come off, they get holes, people have it else where...it is in saliva....it is in sweat...oh and while we are at it...I knew a man who worked for saran wrap who made condoms....and he told me...that the Aids virus is smaller than the holes in a condom...latex condoms do have tiny microscopic holes in them...and the aids virus is smaller than the holes...but the government wont tell us that because they dont want to start a panic.... the only way to stay clean is to obstain...and who wants that? Faithfullness would be good too! oh and always do the sacred V on the toilet seat!! cause thats how my friend said he got it and I tend to believe him because it was in the same spot on both legs...right where the end of the seat rests....but all is not lost he is happily married to a girl w/o herpes and they have 2 children.... hope I didnt ruin everyones day!! MYSTA :)
 kryptosdaddy
Msg: 188
Posted: 7/2/2006 4:21:44 PM
I don't think we are talking volunteers here^ If it happens, well.... what do we really know about what our partners partners have been exposed to?
 2a4r5i225
Msg: 189
Posted: 7/2/2006 7:31:23 PM
Hello Mystacallme=) It is good to know that people with std's still can have a relationship=)
I do have an std but I was lied to about even after I asked her, we were engaged it's a long story, but anyways I tell everyone that I am dating, because I know what it feels like to be decieved and get an std and I don't want to give that to other women that's why I tell them, and I was a virgin I was 21 when I got the std. I agree with you on the toilet seat stuff too=)
 Mystacall
Msg: 190
Posted: 7/2/2006 8:40:44 PM
Well 2A I give you a lot of credit...you are a real Man!! And life does go on...If I met mr. Right and he had an STD...I would see how things go and then make my decisicion!!! I will be honest tho ...As long as its not a life threatining Std...I have a lot of admiration for you! And good luck...fishing!! Mysta
 Mars6277
Msg: 191
Posted: 7/2/2006 11:49:31 PM
Ill tell you now,you can get ANY std WITH a condom.luckily most are cured with antibiotics[with a few exceptions].

shit happens,you have to pay to play.

get the new HPV vaccine,and the hepititis vaccines,and get checked after EVERY partner.

suck it up and be responsible,if everyone got tested and didnt spread it around,STDs would go away.

irresponsible people spread disease,get tested.

Moder8TheMods
Msg: 192
Posted: 7/10/2006 12:00:33 PM
abstinence is another option

not if your a guy, the pain is far more savere, i'll take a handfull of std's before i go abstinence.

*sigh* i cannot believe somone actually thinks the old *blue balls* line would still work in a semi educated society ... or are you just trying to set some of the younger women on here up to believe it? hopefully if so they are not that stupid.

i have been abstinant for 10 years now what pain?

I would happily date somone who has a CURABLE form of std. Sex would simply not be an option untill a doctor tells us booth its gone.

If they had an incurable one that could not be mutated by constant passing back and forth and i had the same one .. i would date them then too.
 jamesdean55
Msg: 193
Posted: 7/10/2006 12:29:06 PM
eh' no thanks I'm good, don't want no stinkin' stds
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 194
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:15:10 PM
And people wonder why I don't whore around. Jeez. All those herpes commercials are enough for me.
 cotter
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:34:55 PM
Ummmm ... not if I can help it!...
 KrissiNJ72
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:44:05 PM
you'd be shocked at the number of people you dated that had stds and you just didn't know it
 tekrok
Msg: 197
Posted: 7/10/2006 7:44:15 PM
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 captainbaud
Msg: 198
Posted: 7/10/2006 8:24:18 PM
STDs are so common in today's society, it's scary. I think the stats are something like 25% of people carry HPV. Which, for those who do not know, is a virus that causes genital warts. Similar to herpes, but less severe. No treatment either.

Actually, it's 25% for genital herpes, 80% for oral herpes, and about 80% for HPV in one strain or another.

And there are treatments for both herpes and HPV, they just don't cure it if you have it. But, there is a vaccine now for most strains of HPV. The FDA just recently approved it... it's recommended for girls once they hit around 9 years of age.

I'd have no problem dating someone that happened to have one of the non-fatal incurable STDs. They can be managed. Herpes, for example, is no big deal if the person is honest about when they're having an active outbreak. That's also why one should always be using physical barrier protection, such as condoms. HPV is a bit more problematic. But, since over 80% of people have it in one strain or another (not always on the genitals, and many strains are asymptomatic.. you have it, but never get the warts), it can be pretty useless to try to avoid.

I'd not risk sexual relations with someone with an incurable fatal disease though, like hepatitis, HIV, etc. That's gambling with your life.

As for those with curable diseases.. hold off until they have a clean bill of health. ;)
 moonlight_whispers
Msg: 199
Posted: 7/10/2006 9:05:46 PM
I think it all depends on the type of relationship two people have. If there is alot of trust there, and your partner tells you before anything happens, I would have a lot of respect for that person..Then it is my choice....
I would def research the std..and protect myself..HOwever, Im sure there are alot of people who have stds' and unfortuneatly, these people are probably great.....I don't think I would give up on a relationship if there was an std involved. Again, I would research, and do everything to protect my partner and myself. Honesty and trust would have to be an absolute must.
 rodher
Msg: 200
Posted: 7/10/2006 11:48:28 PM
No I would not date someone who has a deadly std but' I could change my mind if I would fall in love. What bothers me is how many people that replied to this thread is pretending they don’t have an std or don’t know they have one. If people would deceive in a forum what would they do in person and in the heat would they stop to tell you hold on I got this std? Maybe’ maybe not That is my point you just can't tell by looking at a person and passing a judgment on them who has an std. If so many people have an std it would be hard to find someone that doesn’t have a std. keep trusting people that they will not lie to you because you are you and keep the condom on hell put on two of them if you think that will help shake the bible at them dirty ass people and you will never ever get an std education is your best defense ignorance is not bliss in this area
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > would you ever date someone who has an std?