Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jennafeeh
Msg: 2
Anyone out there move with your child for a better life (away from the other parent)?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yep, I have, and it was completely worth it.

I lived in Northern Europe for 4 years with my son's father. I was lonely as heck, depressed, and starting to fall apart (physically -- talk about a sign, eh?!).

My son is now 4 (I left when he was roughly 2.5), and things are fantastic. He speaks to his father daily and we travel a few times a year (as does he).

The most difficult part of leaving him and moving home was the guilt factor. I felt like a horrible person for taking my son away from his father, but my son gained a happy, healthy mother in the deal.

As for what is best, I can't answer that. You know within yourself what is best for both you and your daughter. I think you know what I would do, but then we don't know eachother, so my opinion on this matters little.

One of the most amazing things about children is their ability to adapt. Just don't expect her to deal with adult issues (and don't hand them to her, either). Keep the nastiness between you and her mother and do your best to make sure your ex does the same. Supervised visitation is fantastic -- you'll definitely know what goes on.

Good luck!
 smom2
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Anyone out there move with your child for a better life (away from the other parent)?
Posted: 3/17/2006 1:47:55 PM
YEP!! And it was the best decision I ever made!! My stress levels dropped dramatically and my children didn't have to see a stressed out Momma all the time. Do what's best for your daughter, and being raised by strangers is not what's best for her... what's best for her is having her daddy around during some of the hours that she's awake... go back to FL and get the help you need from your family, get your life back on track and go visit HI frequently.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Anyone out there move with your child for a better life (away from the other parent)?
Posted: 7/16/2013 1:26:25 PM

Scary considering starting over at 37 - some say it's not too late, but it sure feels like the end of the world. Thanks again... still have to seek the courts approval - since the ex has supervised visits 2x/week. Not sure how that can be worked out. Aloha.

You can skype/facetime just about anywhere in the world. Set the kid(s) up with a laptop at a local library or in their bedroom and they can still enjoy quality time together. It is not like being there, but it is better anything and In my opinion "should still qualify as "Best Interest of their child" when it comes to family and income opportunities.
 1owensound
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/4/2013 11:58:21 AM
single dad here ,,,, move its best for your little girl she is still young and will get over it , so get away and start over with family also you need it to i did the big move home and it was scarry but as soon as i got here life was 100% better
 JBrock77
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2013 3:44:55 AM
I permanently moved 4hrs away from my soon to be ex with my daughter (she chose to live with me). Best thing to do in a crappy situation. It's rough on my free time but my kid came first. She's much happier for it but still hurt from the whole ordeal.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >