Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Pet Roll Call      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 storm38
Msg: 26
Pet Roll CallPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
mine was 50% ,,dingo look a beautiful dog he was intelligent ...the funny thing was when any **** was on heat they would come around to him ...
unfortunately he never lived long enough to really find out what he was like
there is a guy in ballarat called ray draper ..central highlands evironment consultancy ...who l do some work for when its not raining that is ...hes also involved with the testing of hybrid dingos hes cross bred them with heelers and shepherds and the lastest was a golden retreiver ...the healer dingo cross ,,a no no for people with kids ,,,dingo ,shepherd was a fifty fifty ..some good some bad ..dingo retreiver ..they found was a nightmare ..as a young dog ....my opinion is the dingo is austalias native dog leave it alone ..leave it that way
we have other breeds for different jobs
 Chrissy61
Msg: 27
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 3:03:27 PM
Angelina is an eighteen month old rotty x kelpie.. Still a puppy really and chewing stuff up.. gotta be careful what you leave outside lol
 metalchic
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:26:29 PM
Its a terrible feeling. I had to put one of my cats down 6 months ago, she was at least 22yo, but unfortunately she suffered 2 strokes in a day. She was more like a child than any of the others, but I had to consider her quality of life, as she was left unable to walk after the 2nd. I don't think I will ever forget that day, and I cried for about 3 weeks afterwards. I still miss her. I'm only renting, & didn't want to leave her behind when I moved, so I had her cremated, & have her ashes on a bookcase with a pic of her. Thats how much she meant to me. RIP
 alipallyoops
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:51:31 PM
I still miss 2 VIP's & I remember the circumstances of their death as vividly as if it happened yesterday...
BBB
VALE Lassie my 1st doggie - she was 10 died after giving birth to a litter of puppies while hiding under the garden shed.
VALE Oscar my big lumpy lovable rag doll of a cat. Was OS for 2 years & the person caring for him & my house fed him dry food (no no no). Had kidney failure - drooled couldn't walk eat sick as, I got the vet to do a house call to euthanase him
 elli06
Msg: 30
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:01:11 PM
I had a cat called boogie but he ran away about 4weeks ago & cant find him anywhere

From my previous relationship we had 2 dogs a jack russell x foxy & a dalmation x jack russell lol he is very cute like a mini dalmation
 alipallyoops
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:16:38 PM
Sadly no - i had no say in it (i was 11) & parents had decided to emigrate to australia anyway.
But Lassie was more than a dog to me she was my best friend & I'll always love her.
 alipallyoops
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:27:26 PM
Hey mark don't put my RATTIES & roaches in the same sentence.
Socks & Boots are RATTUS NORVEGICUS (im not sure if i spelt that right) - descended from norwegian white rats (lab rats).
They are sensitive & clever little things, & for a cheap thrill u can put them inside your clothing
(why do you think im laughing in the pic?). & unlike a mouse they have bowels so they don't shit on you - in fact my girls have a special loo a cut-down malteasers tub.

It's illegal to keep common brown rats or to mate the two.

Mind u i reckon there are some big pink rats on this site...
 alipallyoops
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/3/2006 10:59:08 PM
ohh like that's going to stop me
 helpmysanity
Msg: 34
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/4/2006 6:07:13 PM
ali i used to have rats i had one named fred and he was desexed and was a great rat very intelligent and wouldn't do his buisness on you he's wait till he got back in the cage (god love him) but the whippet i had attacted him and killed him one night (the cage was left open) and the rat got out and of course you know the rest i was absolutly shattered...

i also had a foxie x red heller and the kids named her snoopy well her and my youngest daughter were best mates they would have there "fights" and i would send them to there "rooms" anyway i went up north working and left my daughter with her granparents for and snoopy was left on my uncles farm for 3 months.....

when i returned i picked up my daughter and she asked about snoopy so we wne t and got her when we got to my uncles i seen her and she was skinny and looking close to death my uncle said she wouldn't eat...anyway we worked it out as soon as my daughter fed her by had she started eating so we realised that she fretted for us..

then we went to dubbo for a four day holiday (neighbours fed her) we were late getting back and she had been hit by a car about half hour b4 we got home.....we were all shattered i couldn't stop crying and neither could my daughter...we think that she done it thinking we were not coming back...she was a very smart dog we talk about her every now and then we still miss her...
 kez303
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:54:03 AM
I have always loved staffys and have one i trained him to be a watch dog as a people loving dog he is good as he makes a noise when people come but when he meets you he just wants to lick you to death the other is a border collie very smart and lots of fun.
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 36
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:56:23 AM
Well I just can't say enough good about my cat tiger...except one thing

He BITES - vet says it's a sign of affection.

Had him desexed, then shot full of female hormones to calm him down.

didn't work, but I'm thinking of changing his name to "Miriam"
 Tonys Journey
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:59:04 AM
Kez,those little Staffy"s are tough little customers!!!the BC would be a pretty active character.We always amongst the pack had a few B.C,s.Good dogs.Many of the B.C.s we had, all we did was open the Gate for them and off they would go.They would work around the whole Paddock picking up all the Stock,mobbing them up them drive them to wherever we were.
 oddsocks
Msg: 38
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/5/2006 6:01:26 AM
and v g you own a bison?????????????????
 storm38
Msg: 39
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 4:25:18 PM
l new there was a pet thread here ,it didnt come up on thread search .

anyway ,this morning l had to laugh ,there where a heap of****toos in the trees ,,
one started saying hello**** ,,so obviouslly he had been a pet ,that escaped ,
but ,next minute bloody at least 10 of them started doing it ,,not as good ,but enough to understand ,l wish l had my tape deck out there ,it was a laugh
 CuddlyCanuck
Msg: 40
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 5:17:53 PM
lol storm

I'm trying to decide what would be worse in the morning - a bunch of coc katoos screeching, or a bunch saying hello.

I think it would freak me out in the morning hearing someone (possibly in my bedroom, you know, when you're sleepy...) saying "Hello, hello, hello...."
 Tonys Journey
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 9:40:29 PM
Storm,that would have been funny and interesting.The old White**** at the Relos Place in Euabalong used to cause Havoc and confusion with the Dogs.The old Bird could mimic so well and he would whistle up the Dogs exactly the same as Uncle Jack.poor old Dogs would come running but find no Uncle Jack.
 storm38
Msg: 42
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 9:56:57 PM
the worst noise is the yellow tailed black coc a toos
bloody hell there noisy.
 Tonys Journey
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 10:03:52 PM
your not wrong there Storm, especially when there is a great flock flying or roosting.Down the River Country you could not hear yourself think over top of them.
 sewluvlee
Msg: 44
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 10:05:33 PM
i guess my dog, Bella, is pretty unusual after reading everyones pets, she is a chinese crested hairless, yep bald except the tail, paws and head. she is soooo georgeous and very cute not like some of the ones that are on the websites, especially one called Sam which is the ugliest dog in the world.
i get my new computer this week sometime so next week i'll pop some photos in my profile of her and you'll agree shes a bit special! shes desexed, tattooed and microchipped. i made her a sleeping bag which is on my bed and thats where she sleeps at night, she knows all her toys by name and gives lotsa cuddles, luv her to bits!
oh, and we got her because my son has bad allergies to animals, very clean inside dog too!
 ginger_ninja
Msg: 45
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 10:10:31 PM
Yeah, I know some people who get silly sounding dogs 'labradoodles' and 'spoodles' because they have hair not fur, so good for allergy sufferers.
 *xine*
Msg: 46
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/15/2006 10:56:37 PM
i have a 2yr old Ragdoll cat named jack....beautiful breed, would love another one but ones a handfull as it is
 EternalWizard
Msg: 47
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/17/2006 2:51:06 AM
One super sized pug dog, now l realise an old English sheep dog or a red setter could enhance my image. But old Ziggy is irreplaceable.
 lucinda
Msg: 48
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/17/2006 3:03:16 AM
one little black kitten called Lucy (Lucinda for long).
one big black and white guineapig called Henry.
RIP Megan - 17 year old beloved cat, Megan1 - 12 month old beloved cat, Franky 5 year old beloved guineapig (my son's), Teddy fuzzy little 6 month old guineapig and my beloved one and 2 more little newborn guineapigs.
 zaidee
Msg: 49
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:33:01 AM
Hey sewluvlee,

Bella doesn't sound so unusual to me... I breed Chinese Cresteds Where did you get her from? You can see 1 of my cresteds (the hairy variety) in my picture Have only got 3 at the moment: Hairless Harry, Clover and Caramel

I also breed and show Cavalier King charles spaniels. Have a few more of them their names are Shannon, Tammy, Duncan, Frank, Tina, Smudge, Fang, Holly, Molly, Polly, Dolly, Ando, Mack, Patty, Blossom and Monty.
Polly has just had pups they r 3days old 5 girls and a boy

Have 2 axalotals: kyle and Jackie and 1 cat: milo

I wasn't a member of this site when this thread came out so just wanted 2 add my pets 2 the roll call
 amy1966
Msg: 50
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 7/17/2006 6:40:17 AM
Flopsy and Sparkle - dwarf lop-eared bunnies - cute, cuddly, quiet and low maintenance.
Mind you......Flopsy has been most inaptly named - he's at IT all the time!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Pet Roll Call