Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tisme_susan
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Pet Roll CallPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
caves, my son had one of those when he was about 8, cute name though
 tisme_susan
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 9/21/2006 6:49:05 PM
I better go feed pikachu.its been a while (3 years)

Better go get yourself a new pikachu junior caves....the one you have would be well and trully dead

On the other hand why not try a nintendog , you can take them for walks and everything........
 jumpupnkissme
Msg: 36
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 10/6/2006 3:06:58 PM
Just returned from the veternarians with my dog Bo. He's got a terminal cancerous tumor in his lung. Vet says he's got a few months at best. I've buried a few cats and one other dog but Bo is the first dog I ever raised from a puppy, and have had the longest. He is 13 years old now. Very spry and energetic, which makes this difficult. I don't have children so this guy is kind of my baby.... sleeps with me every night in the bed.... my companion. The best dog... never had to be tied up, always comes home.... this sucks....
 sewluvlee
Msg: 37
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 10/6/2006 6:42:54 PM
**I'm so sorry jumpup. for u its not easy, i had the same thing a few months ago and i mourned for my Bonnie, u get sooooo close to them, take some nice pics, youll treasure them....
 jumpupnkissme
Msg: 38
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 10/8/2006 1:41:27 AM
Thanks, Ion and Sew.... I am spoiling the hell out of him!
 KittehKhat
Msg: 39
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 10/8/2006 1:57:27 AM
I have no pets here in Brisbane, but we've got two cats out at home.

There's Black Star, my cat, a moggie with a guestimate of 12 for his age [strangely enough, he's black with a few small white spots], who wandered into the house and made himself useful as a mouse-catcher and garbage disposal.

And then there's Sebastien, my sister's ginger tabby 2-year-old [the half-Persian shows when he gets riled and fluffs up, hehe]. His job is the household entertainer; extremely smart, but also extremely 'slow' [had a habit of attempting to attack mirrors for quite a long time, tries to stop too late when he's chasing something and smacks into walls, however he knows that when you're teasing him with a knitting needle to attack the hand and not the bit that's poking him ...]

And over the years there've been many fish and a few birds, and for a brief period rats and mice, but since we've always had cats we've never really had much of a chance to become attached to them ...
 naamah3incognito
Msg: 40
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/21/2007 6:05:43 AM
Columbus - snooty beagle, deaf, not that there is much difference as he never did what we told him when he could hear us.
Oliver - mixed breed, got him from the Noosa pound on our honeymoon and had to come home early as a result. The most special, intelligent dog I've ever met. I have never seen a man and dog as close as Ollie and my hubbie were. My body guard.
Trinity - 2 year old frizzy wookie monster dog. Happy all the time. Poor personal hygiene in regards to rolling in stuff. Ewww.

Errol, Clark and Spencer. Fat merino sheep (wethers), all bottle fed from lambs.

Wellington (white gander) Obsesses about plastic buckets, a stickler for rules and manners and things always being put in the right place.
Kitty (duck) Wellington's wife. And yes, a gander will mate with a duck, if the wanton hussy duck pinches the gander's butt and makes flirty duck noises at him.

Napoleon (nervous, skinny black and white drake) and Joseph (cool dude white pekin drake, eg Donald Duck type of duck) who has arthritis in one leg and limps.
Portia (brown Indian runner duck) very regal, graceful, serene.
Rosemary (grey flecked Indian runner duck) sweet and doddery, has survived a hysterectomy, and a fox attack, eats sheep poo.
Gwyneth (tufted white pekin duck) a bit of a social climber, very protective of her weaker sisters though.
Grace (crested brown Khaki Campbell duck) was always a loner, now blind as a bat and often runs into stuff.
Minnie (teeensy tufted white Pekin duck) loudly quacks constantly, which is great because the blind duck, Grace, can follow the noise and not get lost.
Lavender (white runner cross duck) sharp as a whip, fast and greedy.
Egbert (white drake) bit of a dork, and Ernie (not sure of his breed, pretty green head though) who doesn't care where he is as long as he's with Lavender.

Bantam roosters, Franklin and Luciano.
Bantam chickens: Sophie, Agnes, Eileen, China, Freddie, Lola, Lacie, India.
Chinese Silkies: Rosie (brain damaged due to abuse), Fran (died on the weekend )
Full size chickens: Pales, Rita, Gladys, Nancy.
Spotted chickens: Clementine, Cleo, Wilton.

Guinea Pig: Nelson.

And I loves them all.
 Tourette_Cowboy
Msg: 41
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/21/2007 7:32:58 AM
I've only got peeves ... do they count?
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 42
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/21/2007 4:21:40 PM
Ernie sounds like a Welsh Harlequin from his description
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 43
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/21/2007 9:32:47 PM
Cody(border collie).......Old and costing me a fortune in vets bills.He has been forgiven though as all the time i spent in the vets scored me the job i have there now!
Very loyal and protective,though i could live with out his constant "bottom" problems!!
Stripes and Angel(siamese cross feral,stinky old wild cat).......were headed for the bottom of a dam,so what was i supposed to do?? Angel luckily inherited her mothers siamese good looks.Stripes was not so fortunate,kind of resembles a bad case of roadkill!!
Beau(welsh mountain pony)........ex show pony and knows he is beautiful.Totally up himself.
Cheeky(the worlds oldest pony).......crippled and just costs me money.The "boss" horse,not a show pony,not beautiful hence his nickname"Jughead".
Disco inferno(The newest addition to our ever growing family)A piece of advice,never let a five year old boy choose a ponies name.We settled on Disco but the previous suggestions were Homer Simpson, Spongebob Squarepants, Bum, Nuts and Bugger!!
 naamah3incognito
Msg: 44
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/22/2007 1:41:51 AM
OMG I left out a duck from my list...Madeleine, black and white mixed breed duck. Some mother I am... forgetting one.

Sarah, Disco isn't so bad as a name. But Bum and Nuts might have been a bit much for the new little guy to live with.

pattie smith60
Msg: 45
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/22/2007 6:12:35 AM
I had a Cat,called Darth Vader but to my horror my Dog "Who Knows"killed him.
"Who Knows"is a beautiful Greyhound,I rescued from being shot and he had never been desensitized.So no more Cats for us,unfortunately.
 helesbells
Msg: 46
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/24/2007 9:15:16 PM
I have 3 meow's . .a ginger boy named "ginger meggs"he is 8,and a sweet little white persian that doesnt answer to her name of "fluffy"as she is deaf. she is 5 and our matriach of the house is "sherry" a 19 year old burmese,tho a better name for her would be "cranky ****" She's always looking ,very distainly at all around her.Our new addition to our family is a little stray maltese we named "morgan" he is very sweet,kinda reminds me of the dog from garfield??what was his name ??I know u shouldnt have favourites,but it would have to be "fluffy"she is so cute and cuddly . . .
 marleymae
Msg: 47
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/24/2007 11:44:16 PM
I am a foster carer for an animal rescue organisation so I have looked after every breed of dog from a pug to a Saluki. At the moment I have 2 pointer x girls that I suspect were bred for pig hunting (they are about 10 weeks) and I own a 19 mointh old staffy called mahli who is my best mate. She is so happy and loyal and I can't imagine my life without her. I also have a foxie x chi who was being looked after temporarily by my parents 6 years ago and has stayed with them ever since- they adore him.
Our family also has a purebred blue cattle dog who is to be put to sleep next week as he has terminal cancer and is very old. I am at my parents place as I type this to spend time with him before he goes to the dog house in the sky. He has been a part of the family for 16 years and we will all miss him terribly.
 OzSeptember
Msg: 49
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/25/2007 1:37:16 AM
Hey all,

I have two Rotties, they are about 8 months old now, they are also litter sisters, names are Jinx and Sasha.

You can see a picture of them on my profile. the picture with the puppy in the towel, is Jinx when she was around 4-5 weeks old.
 1-800 you wish
Msg: 50
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/25/2007 1:53:57 AM
Used to have a goat named socks. His mum died when he was born so i bottle fed him and he lived with our dogs.
Socks thought he was a dog and basically did everything our dog did, right down to sharing the kennel at night.
All was good until socks realised he did have a bit of goat in him after all and he began jumping and climbing things .My car became his favourite plaything,but he was only small so just the odd scratch here and there.
I was getting the groceries out of the back of the car one day when he hopped up on the bonnet,on to the roof, then stood on the boot.Down it came on my head and knocked me unconscious.Woke up with a bleeding head and a faceful of dirt a while later.Not sure how long i was out for but to add insult to injury it was long enough for the little sod to eat half my groceries and spread the rest over the entire paddock
Tossed up between putting this here or in the "stupid people" forum.......but that would make me appear too much in that one!!
Goats are sooo cool.
 rustymky
Msg: 51
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/25/2007 3:55:24 AM
... I have a bird eating spider named neville.He is really shy most of the time, never see him until feeding time.
Did have a childrens phython named charles, when ever i lost him i would find him in the book shelf on top off the complete works of Charles****ns.
Have two long tail tiger oscars named torvill and dean. They just seem to glide in perfect unison...

naamah3incognito
Msg: 52
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/25/2007 4:31:11 AM
Now you be keeping young Nev away from my place, d'ya hear Rusty!!

What happened to Charles? Nice to find another python fan. We released a 2 metre carpet python into one of our sheds last week...a neighbour didn't want it on their property....it was magnificent!! Not really a pet as such, but certainly a welcome visitor although I have to be vigilant that they don't get in my duck shed/chook pen. Then saw a metre long one under the house a few days later. I guess they're starting to look for places to snooze.
 rustymky
Msg: 53
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/25/2007 5:43:09 PM
..... Well Charles got big about 4 foot when i gave him away. He got very angry with his little world and took to biteing anyone or anything that moved. The last straw was when i found him trying to get up close and personnel with torvill and dean.....

naamah3incognito
Msg: 54
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/26/2007 3:46:27 AM
Really! Well I guess I have found pythons submerged in water buckets at times so T & D probably weren't safe.
 Saiyuki_Reload
Msg: 55
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 3/27/2007 4:40:14 AM
I have 2 cats; A blue/cream/white tortoise shell cat called Misty and a white/orange/black tortoise shell cat called Mini who stared out being smaller but now is actually bigger than the first cat. Misty is very friendly most of the time and Mini is very antisocial and does not like to be touched unless dinner is involved (cupboard lover!) They both came from the RSPCA, as have all my previous pets from the past. RSPCA does a great job!
 ebgdae
Msg: 57
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:09:38 PM
I haven’t got any pets at the moment. I’ve had a few strange ones in my life. My first “Dog” was a dingo pup brought back by some shooters late one night. That dog babysat me and watched every step I took from about the age of 5 till 12. It was a big job considering I was a tad feral and growing up on the travelling show circuit and in a different town every week. I was devastated when he died.
The front garage kept getting broken into about 15 years back so I picked a starving stray up off the street down near the beach that was going through garbage. It looked heeler/ staffy/ bully. After a couple of weeks of unanswered adds in the paper about “Dog Found”, she was mine.
“Kelly” turned out to be one of THOSE dogs! Everyone in our town knew her. All the kids and little old ladies adored her. What a terrific watchdog, at night! Thank god no one decided to knock us off during the day. She would have just smiled at them.
I was so upset when she died I haven’t gotten around to get another dog. The bloody rotten things have a way of needling into your heart.

“Skidboot” was recognised in many circles as being the smartest dog in the world. There’s a few videos on google. She was a blue heeler/mongrel that some guy got as a pup in Texas. I saw that she died last week so I sent the guy “The Cattle Dog’s Death” by Henry Lawson. It’s a poem written over a hundred years back that shows that grieving over a lost pet isn’t anything new or a sign we’re going soft in the head.
The guy and his family’s reaction was moving, to say the least. They’ll treasure the poem for life.
 ankc
Msg: 59
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 4/3/2007 11:47:39 AM
I have an indoor female bobtail grey and cream colored cat.She is my companion and keeps me company.She is 19 years old and I am happy for every day we have left together.She is usually close by on my lap where ever I am be it on the pc or reading,watching tv .she used to live on a farm.she also at one time lived in an car part of the rear end was smashed in but in the cold weather she managed to find a place to slip in and lay down to stay warm.I even at one time took a pic of her coming out of the back end of the car i've thought about putting it in an contest and see if we win anything.
 atalia
Msg: 61
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 4/12/2007 2:12:47 AM
Football dog named foxie who isnt a foxie!
4, no.... 14, no.... 34, no.... 38 at last count, mice, (were supposed to be all females )
African and american ciclids
C ockatiels x 2 one was found on harbour tied up in fishing line
and used to look after wildlife so had everything from snakes and lizards to possums birds bats and roos
 sexyBL
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Pet Roll Call
Posted: 5/16/2007 5:27:17 PM
a chiuhuha called Brian.....
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  >