Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you girls think about guys with guns?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 585
What do you girls think about guys with guns?Page 26 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)

guys with guns? look like another timothy mcveigh waiting to happen again no thanx! i never liked men with guns too creepy

McVeigh blew up the building with a GUN?

WOW, I didn't realize a gun could do that!

Such ignorance!
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 586
What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 1/31/2011 10:55:04 PM

Such ignorance!

misinformed is putting it mildly it doesn't take a gun to make a nutball.

it's so silly it's not even worth arguing constructively.

so much for common sense.

to each their own guns or no guns.......
 Telfordshrops
Msg: 587
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2011 1:28:16 PM

Such ignorance!

Such ignorance indeed......... but the ignorance was displayed by yourself!

Have you never looked at McVeigh's background? The fact that he was morbidly obsessed with guns must have had something to do with his ultimate act of violence.

From various sites on the internet:-

"McVeigh was introduced to firearms by his grandfather and became increasingly fascinated by them. McVeigh told people he wanted to be a gun shop owner and sometimes took firearms to school to impress his classmates. McVeigh became intensely interested in gun rights after he graduated from high school"

"In 1993, he drove to Waco, Texas during the Waco Siege to show his support. At the scene, he distributed pro-gun rights literature and bumper stickers, such as "When guns are outlawed, I will become an outlaw." "

"By the time his mother left the family, McVeigh had already developed a facination with guns. "

"took on a series of short-term jobs ranging from gun salesman in a sporting goods store"

"began espousing increasingly angry views of U. S. foreign policy, gun control"

"began a rootless road life that included selling weapons at gun shows "

"By the time he was in junior high school, an early interest in guns had become an obsession"

" it caused little stir when Tim, at 10, became interested in guns. But a close relative said that the family saw this as a bid for attention by a boy who didn't know how else to ask for it. "

"He loved wearing a uniform and carrying a gun. The co-worker, who asked not to be named, viewed McVeigh as gun-obsessed. He said he once came to work wearing bandoliers laden with deer slugs, "looking like Pancho Villa." He owned a semiautomatic AR-15 rifle, handguns and a semi-automatic Desert Eagle so large he had trouble wrapping his bony hands around it. "

"I asked him why the Army, and he said, You get to shoot.' He always wanted to carry an M-16."

The guy was totally obsessed with weapons, doesn't that tell you something?
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 588
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2011 1:56:51 PM
^^^ you are committing a fallacy of causation. the relevant info about mcveigh was that he's a murderous psychopath. many murderous psychopaths have an interest in guns, but having an interest in guns does not turn anyone into a murderous psychopath.
 matchlight
Msg: 589
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2011 8:51:12 PM
^^^^^Very well said--right on the mark. BTW, did you get that out of Aristotle's list of logical fallacies? I saw a copy one time, and he described ones I'd never ever seen or thought of.

Lots of people are interested in guns for target shooting. I'm not a very good shot, but it's fun anyway. Very cheap, too, if you stick to .22's.
 Telfordshrops
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:07:32 AM
Having an interest in guns is a very American thing and, in the vast majority of cases that's not a problem........ there's nothing wrong with having a hobby after all.

Being British I have been brought up in a different culture where we view guns with suspicion and anyone having an intense interest leading to an obsession would ring very loud alarm bells with me.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 591
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:14:37 AM
^^^^^^ .....Maybe we should pass a LAW against obsessions/obsessing!
 MsMicki
Msg: 592
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2011 5:23:34 AM
How's that saying go.....
If guns cause violence, then pencils cause misspelled words
 Consigliori
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2011 3:04:17 PM
My spouse came from a non-gun background and it took some time for her to become accustomed to the concept of owning and using guns. My job brings me into conflict with all kinds of people and over the years I’ve become more sensitive to security. Eventually my wife came to see the same way. Although we are gun people I think your best protection is a level head and a good dog.
 recreator611
Msg: 594
Posted: 2/3/2011 3:20:23 PM
Guns are tools....not sure I would want to be on a dating sight with one in a picture but everyone has their qurks....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 595
Posted: 2/3/2011 4:59:43 PM
~OT~ Oddly, the last three of the last 4 men I've dated were all packers. Two police officers and one concealed weapons permit instructor. I didn't think much about it with any of them. It just was what it was ~ their norm. JMO
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 596
Posted: 2/3/2011 6:06:44 PM
^^^^ Most don't make an issue of it... I don't pack but am in process if getting a CCW. My bouncer job had become high profile in the last few months, with me being the face telling gang bangers and bikers they're not welcomed. It's just smart for me to make sure I make it home safely in case anyone decides to wait for me... which has happened, fortunately they weren't packing....yet!
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 597
Posted: 2/3/2011 10:00:27 PM
Ive never understood the whole gun thing myself, living in Canada, but then Ive heard some of the gun owners reasons why they are packing, I guess to them is better to be judged by 12 vs carried by 6 if something were to happen.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 598
Posted: 2/4/2011 6:49:27 AM
I've never understood the whole gun thing either. I know some people need them
for their jobs and I know some people hunt and like to target shoot, I've just never
been one of those people.

I've also never felt threatened enough or worried about my safety to want to carry
a gun, but I'm sure there are people who think that's naive. Not sure I'd like it if the
day were to come when we all have to carry guns to feel safe; visions of the wild wild
west come to mind.

To each their own. I don't mind people owning guns, I think they're a lot like penises and religion. It's okei to have one, it's okei to be proud of it, just don't whip it out in
public and wave it around and don't try to push it in my face.

RushLuv
Msg: 599
Posted: 2/4/2011 8:38:26 AM
Law enforcement carry concealed weapons, and I think absolutely nothing of them.

Men carrying guns in general, huummm.....if it's just some guy carrying a gun in his home either just because, or for self defense purposes....I'm not sure how I'd feel about that.

Men that are hunters carry guns either way, and I don't seem to mind that.

Shall I stop beating around the bush now? I don't mind men with guns just as long as the weapon is registered, and they don't plan to use it on me.
 Consigliori
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2011 10:24:11 AM

Being British I have been brought up in a different culture where we view guns with suspicion and anyone having an intense interest leading to an obsession would ring very loud alarm bells with me.

There is line there somewhere. I worked in Israel for a time a couple of decades ago. The farmer - kibbutznicks I worked with often carried sidearms in the field. And even though there was an (arguable) reason for them to pack, some of them seemed to carry weapons more for status reasons, or to make a personal statement than for safety. I see the same psychology with some folks here in the States and it makes me nervous.

I own guns for fun, and owning guns makes me sleep better at night although the reality is probably that it creates new and additional risks. I am personally familiar with one instance where a handgun was critical to a home defense situation and my job puts my family at higher risk of attack, but practically speaking, when the dog barks I go downstairs with a maglite and the guns stay in the cabinet. I suspect (and hope) most gun owners are the same way. From a home-defense perspective, that makes the guns more of a liability than an asset and the security “benefit” is largely psychological.
 surfver
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2011 4:36:21 AM
I would not post a picture of myself with a gun on a dating website if I owned one, which I don't .. I just doubt it is a good way to attract women.

In actuality however, governments and military ops have killed more people than anyone ever has or will. Some people will argue religion, but the church is not out there trying to take people's rights to own a gun away on the one hand and killing people on the other.

Here is a podcast episode by some liberal college students on Oklahoma City bombing. There is a great deal of evidence that it was a false flag operation. Skip over the intro which may ramble on a good deal:

http://www.uga.edu/wuog/podcasts/outthere42.mp3
 notatowniegirl
Msg: 602
Posted: 2/8/2011 5:07:17 AM

Is this something girls are attracted to?

Depends. If it's a "hunting with my buddies" pic then I can overlook it. If he's standing there shirtless with a machine gun, ammo draped over him, sporting a mullet, and with a confederate flag in the background then no.
 vlh
Msg: 603
Posted: 2/15/2011 11:06:51 AM
Not big on seeing them in a profile pic but overall guns don't bother me. Grew up around them. Have my own .22 and .357
 TheTruth223
Msg: 604
Posted: 6/30/2012 11:02:15 PM
I dont judge a woman on how much makeup,jewelry or pairs of shoes she owns. I sure as **** am not going to let one judge me on how I spend my hard money.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 605
Posted: 7/1/2012 12:33:29 AM
telfordshrops
Having an interest in guns is a very American thing and, in the vast majority of cases that's not a problem........ there's nothing wrong with having a hobby after all.

Maybe that's why during the last century your Government was begging ours to send every gun they could to arm everyone left there, not off fighting the war. Our Government collected hunting rifles, handguns, and shotguns from the general public, who donated them so Y'all had a way to defend yourselves if the invasion happened.

Then again we sent our young men to fight and die for your people and what refrain is still remembered here from Y'all? That they were "Over payed, over sexed, and over here". Maybe we should have stayed on our side of the pond and let Y'all deal with it yourselves. Twice we've had to send our young men over there to protect you and Europe and still Y'all say how you're more civilized than we are. What World Wide War was started by us Yanks? NONE! If Y'all are so civilized why are we the ones that always have to save you?

Spitfireee
Major turn off for me.......one of my red flags.............for what ever reason they are used
I think hunting is medieval and barbaric ............like to think I have evolved more than that
Some call hunting a sport.............I call it animal cruelty

Unless you're a Vegan, then you just like someone else to kill your meat for you. Those steaks at Safeway didn't grow on a Steak tree.

Even if you are a Vegan, unless someone controls the wild pig problem then where is your food going to come from? A pack of wild pigs can destroy a field of crops in one night.
 aussiesealady
Msg: 606
Posted: 7/1/2012 11:29:36 PM
Man with a gun on a dating site = no contact

I am not a fan of guns and cannot see why anyone would want one other than if on a farm where they are an essential tool.

Have I ever shot a gun. YES. I was brought up in the country and it was considered part of general education.
The same as learning how to drive a car, tractor and motor bike before you went to high school.

Thankfully we in Australia do not have anywhere near as many people in cities with guns as there are in the USA.

Re ^^^^^
" Over payed, over sexed, and over here" is still quoted by the older generation.
Certainly my dad uses that term in almost any WWII discussion.
 MrFication
Msg: 607
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2012 11:51:42 PM
I actually see many women posting pictures of themselves with guns. It's kind of nice to see, but I'm tempted to message most to correct their form. I wouldn't put them in intentionally--like posing with the emphasis on it. Sometimes my picture is taken and I have one, but it usually slung on my back or in a holster on my belt. I wouldn't be concerned about a rifle in a scabbard on the saddle either.
But like a bodybuilder on here said....two out of three women don't like it [bodybuilding], but he's not looking for those two. I guess the same is easily applied to guns.
 bbmagee
Msg: 608
Posted: 7/2/2012 12:29:50 AM
For me it depends on what type of gun and the context of the picture. I'm not into the whole gang/gangster thing.

However, being a country girl, I do find hunting sexy. I saw a picture of a guy practice shooting with a hunting rifle on here and loved it! Too bad I'm too much of a chicken to message him haha

Different strokes for different folks I guess. The point of these pictures is probably to find a girl who has similar interests/hobbies or is okay with the whole gun thing. If it is something that is important to the guy or a part of his life I see no problem including these pictures. To me, its no different than having pictures with pets.
 SpittyKitty
Msg: 609
Posted: 7/2/2012 12:38:49 AM
I like it better when they hold up fish. Adrwe all, this IS PlentyofFish, right? lol
Rednecks are crawling all over me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you girls think about guys with guns?