Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Queen_Mab
Msg: 229
What do you girls think about guys with guns?Page 3 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Profile pictures of men with guns ~ so long as it is in an appropriate setting, such as a military man, a hunter in the field or a marksman on the shooting range I have no problem with it.

Some shirtless, crazed looking guy posing with several semi-automatics and sniper rifles surrounding him in his living room would not get an initial email nor a response from me.

Firearms are not a turn-off for me, I was raised around guns and hunting.
 stoowart
Msg: 230
view profile
History
What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 9/27/2006 10:23:59 AM
can't be bothered to troll through all 10 pages to see if this has been mentioned but isn't this like the "big car syndrome"?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 233
Posted: 9/27/2006 10:10:17 PM
In defense of us Americans who bare arms....

Yes there are some very unfortunate accidents this is true, but the truth is also this, when you are out there FIGHTING to protect people.. and you have all those men with all those guns then guess what SHIT HAPPENS!!! Just like riding horses, if you haven't fallen off a horse then haven't ridden much!!!

BUT.. BACK ON TOPIC... I know it asks what girls think of men with guns but it seems most the women who like it also have their own GUNS, me included.
 ThreeXacharm
Msg: 236
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:17:22 AM
Hey, as long as he knew the difference between that and his rifle!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 3:27:16 AM
I'll say again. Yes I have guns, but you won't see pics of them on my profile because I am happy with the size and girth of my "equipment"
Now I just HAVE to address this
In defense of us Americans who bare arms....

Yes there are some very unfortunate accidents this is true, but the truth is also this, when you are out there FIGHTING to protect people.. and you have all those men with all those guns then guess what SHIT HAPPENS!!! Just like riding horses, if you haven't fallen off a horse then haven't ridden much!!!

BUT.. BACK ON TOPIC... I know it asks what girls think of men with guns but it seems most the women who like it also have their own GUNS, me included.

Hun I have been trained to kill if needed or ordered, and in my youth I have ridden horses, yet SHIT doesn't happen by my hand and I don't fall off horses. I doubt it's that I am better than everyone else, I just happen to use my head before puling a trigger or urging a stallion at full gallop over a blind ridge. Since you seem to still be insiosting that everyone even the truely stupid have the right to bear arms and show them off please have the courtesy to warn me in advance should you book a hunting trip in my neck of the woods so I can invest in Kevlar.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2006 4:07:40 AM
Texas isn't that the state with a jailed on parole adult male populous of between 20-25% and the lowest highschool scores in standardized testing? Just asking as it does relate to the only people of a certain intelligence should own firearms thing, wlthough you do have more open space than some area so more choice in locales to shoot that wouldn't end up lobbing shells into some kids playground.
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2006 9:03:40 PM
Talk about misconstrued. And yes I would be safer in anyplace where every Tom****and Harry don't pack heat. (Tom might be reasonable and responsible, but****is a hothead, and Harry is just not very bright)

Sad as that story is it does not back your point. That is like saying it would be a good idea to start arming school children at 13 and have them CC at school incase there is another Columbine. Instead of addressing how the unstable freaks that were a problem got their hands on their weapons in the first place. Besides that is clearly a story using anothers tragedy to further political agenda.

Firearms have a place in our culture, historically, and for sport. That still does not mean that every idiot on the street deserves the "right" to own them. The same arguement if applied to automobiles I doubt would get asmuch opposition, face it some people just cannot drive and would pose too much risk to others if their "right" to get behind a wheel is to outweigh my right to not get runover when out walking my dog.

Getting Shot: My friend and I were at the Luby's in Killeen when George Hennard crashed his pickup through the window and started shooting. I survived. She didn't.
So then if this friend was killed by the crashing vehicle I am supposed to believe that a piddly little sidearm would have helped in anyway, especially in the hands of a civilian that may have had only minimal training?

That aside I understand the urge to share articles but I don't think we are allowed to use full URL's in here, and I fail to see how a shooting in Texas related to guys posing for profile pictures with guns.

I re-iterate, those avid sportsmen, or people that require them and have an "on the job" photo have a valid reason to do so. But should be prepared to get fewer responses simply because some will having had bad experiences with firearms in their past be less willing to risk repeats and learn that THAT individual is responsible in use and storage.
The wannabe gangsta types though .... reek of pathetic immaturity
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 261
Posted: 10/23/2006 9:29:06 PM
WOW... what happened on this thread??? I thought it was about profiles that have pictures of men with guns?? Now we're talking about elephant ears Charles... steroids...men killing their woman a possum for supper.. geez...
 ponygrl™
Msg: 263
Posted: 10/25/2006 2:32:12 PM
i have a gun and i'm proud of it. it's nothing big.........a small taurus .22lr that's kept unlocked, c*cked and ready to go. i'm also in the process of applying for my permit to carry. i wouldn't use it on anyone unless they are trying to harm me in any way, shape, or form...or if my trailer is being burglarized, then he (they) better watch out or he's gonna have one hell of a pain in the a$$. i'm also in the process of buying either a 30/30 or a 270 so i can learn how to hunt with. i really enjoy taking my gun out up into the mountains and just firing it off at targets (not that good anymore) but just practicing. my gun is clean, registered, and known to others as my means of protection. i would never use it to hurt anyone or anything unless it's really needed or i'm hunting.

so, guys with guns..........take me out shooting with you, i'm not afraid. it's not the gun to be afraid of it's the person behind the gun. just remember.....guns don't kill people, people kill people since it is a person pulling the trigger of the gun.
 2findU
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 4:16:38 PM
They all seem to prefer guys with pick-up trucks and Harleys, so why not guns too? At least here in GA. Probably AL too.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 269
Posted: 10/25/2006 5:15:15 PM
i agree with you rocky ............where's he at?
 AKflyfisherman
Msg: 278
Posted: 6/4/2009 5:50:44 AM
never forget the mind is the weapon the gun is only a tool.
all men should own and know how to use tools. what kind of sissified men would date a woman who did not like his tool collection?
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 280
Posted: 6/6/2009 5:29:43 PM
Every time I've ever met a girl on the internet... after relaxing around her and taking my gun out to put away somewhere, it has always seemed to be a turn on for her. I don't intend it that way... it just happens.

People respond favorably to power. Personally, I keep a pic of me with a gun up on my profile, because I think anti-gun people are totally illogical and insipid, and I don't want those types of girls emailing me.

It makes sense to me to advertise who you are as honestly as possible.
 2EachHisOwn
Msg: 281
Posted: 6/6/2009 9:26:13 PM
They love BOYS with guns (ask the women that are/were into bad boys and drug dealers.. they will tell u) ha ha ha!! They like a man.. i mean BOY with a lil "swagga" soooo I guess a boy with a gun acting like Yosemite Sam is it for a lot of females today (unless they, the female of course, gets shot, killed or pistol whipped)
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 282
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:07:50 AM

They love BOYS with guns (ask the women that are/were into bad boys and drug dealers.. they will tell u) ha ha ha!! They like a man.. i mean BOY with a lil "swagga" soooo I guess a boy with a gun acting like Yosemite Sam is it for a lot of females today (unless they, the female of course, gets shot, killed or pistol whipped)

I don't understand this post. The most dangerous weapon a person can have is their mind.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 285
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:51:28 AM
From the opposite side of the fence, a woman with a picture on her profile where she is holding, or better yet SHOOTING a gun = interest.

This issue really boils down to how people feel about guns. Which once again is why I always have at least one pic where I am shooting or holding a firearm.

It's just another way to easily weed out incompatible people.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 289
guns
Posted: 6/7/2009 12:47:08 PM
In general if a person is so insecure they feel the need to strike a pose w/ a gun on a dating profile it pretty much reeks of obvious issues of insecurity...them lacking in other depts of their manhood ..

Funny. I always felt that women whose main pic was striking a provacative pose while sitting on a shair and showing lots of leg meant the same thing....

;)

Holy generalization Batman!

PS - I love you Sepia777, I just think you're wrong as hell on this one. ;)
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 291
guns
Posted: 6/7/2009 3:58:50 PM
It's part of who I am.

And believe it or not, I get emails that say, "Your gun is hot."

So yes, I do equate it with your legs.

Additionally, I have a quirky sense of humor. Not everyone is going to get it, true. But I try to be as honest as I can on my profile.

It's worked fine for me thus far. ;)

Different strokes, hun. Different strokes.

Additionally, I've never read soldier of fortune magazine. I in fact was at one point in my life a trained killer. I am a combat vet as well. The gun symbolizes a large part of my life, and a good chunk of my personality.

Just like a woman who is a nurse or has been a nurse can/should have a pic in scrubs, my gun pic represents part of who I am.

Does that make sense? I set all snarkiness aside to be a bit more serious with my response.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:48:50 PM
I know when they pose with expensive sportscars they they lack in the
man stick area.....

So maybe we should just exit vehicles with dongs hanging out, just to prove you wrong. According, to you I guess this would also mean women with sports cars are lacking in the woman hole area. What does that mean about women with guns? Yes. Women own, and pose with guns on POF too.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:29:09 PM
I'm not into any type of weapons! So a guy pictured with a gun would be a turn off to me! I wouldn't mind going to a shooting range once and learning to shoot but I'm not looking for a bad azz!
 barbee1970
Msg: 295
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:39:52 PM
I wouldn't have a guy with a gun. I'd run in the other direction.

With wives and girlfriends getting killed, who knows, he might use it on you.
 briargate
Msg: 296
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:48:14 PM
Don't bring your guns to town, son.
Leave your guns at home, Bill.
Don't bring your guns to town.

Well he uploaded all his profile pics
in each one holding guns.
And he never got another wink
or any kind of fun.

So he asked his mom "What's wrong with me?"
I aint got no one now!
And his momma looking him in the eye...

Don't bring your guns to town, son.
Leave your guns at home, Bill.
Don't bring your guns to town.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 299
Posted: 6/9/2009 2:50:27 PM

I wouldn't have a guy with a gun. I'd run in the other direction.

With wives and girlfriends getting killed, who knows, he might use it on you.

If someone wants to kill you they can do it with a golf club.

Anything is scary in the hands of a crazy person.
 *Sanscheyle*
Msg: 301
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:14:27 PM
Well, OP I've *cough* told my guy that under no uncertain terms can he own a gun! He'll shoot his eye out for chrissakes!!!! *cough*

Seriously, the guy I'm dating owns about 15 guns and holds a concealed weapons license. I was the proud parent of a .357 Magnum a few years back and sold it due to the fact I was moving out of the country at the time (no, I wasn't running from anyone...lol.) I think we all share a responsibility when we own something that can kill another person and hell, if I wanted to I could kill someone with a butter knife. You would be amazed at what all of us have in our own homes that could inflict damage on another person. (Ever been stabbed by a Ken doll?!?! Well, I have and that hurt like the devil!! )

With all due respect, I'm all for guns in the home but I'm also all for the training it takes in order to take on that responsibility. You should never own a police dog if you don't know how to handle him and the same goes for guns or anything that can end another person's life.

Sans
 Keiper7
Msg: 302
Posted: 6/9/2009 4:48:36 PM
You don't need to fear someone who admits to having a gun...be more concerned about ones who try to hide it.

I would guess that putting anyone who owns a gun into the 'not dateable' category would cut your prospective dates in half. As said above their are millions of guns, and gun owners in America. Being fearful of them is quite ignorant, actually.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >