Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 concreteman1967
Msg: 345
What do you girls think about guys with guns?Page 5 of 28    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
Does anyone remember the pic of Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinkley? A pic with a gun is fine, but not on a dating site! I am a hunter and have owned many guns but I have yet to take a pic of me holding one!
 curlygrl
Msg: 347
view profile
History
What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 1/20/2010 4:47:56 AM
Have met many who own guns.
One with lots of guns. Guns I have never seen in my entire life up close and personal. He is the one I trust with guns.

I do know this though- if the shit hits the fan in this world I would get my a s s right to his house because I know he would protect me to the death and I him once I figure out how to use them.

Bother me? Nope. I trust he knows what he is doing.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 348
Posted: 1/20/2010 9:59:28 AM
I've never been attracted to a gun, or a pic of a gun, but a man that knows how to handle iron... now that is sexy! Not talking about the teenagers, posing with thier 'gats', I'm talking about a real man, who knows he could head out into the woods and rustle up something to eat if he was hungry, who could say with certainty that it would be a grave mistake to invade his home, or attempt to mess with his family....

I had a bad breakup a couple of years ago, and there was an implication made that i was an easy target, and he could "change my whole world in a second". I changed the locks, and upgraded my security system, but I still couldn't sleep more than an hour or two at a time, and that went on for weeks, until a friend of mine convinced me to buy a handgun, and taught me how to shoot it. I sleep like a baby these days. I'd never want to be in a position where I had to use it, but there's much comfort in knowing that if I need to defend my family, I can.
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 359
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:10:15 PM
Youd be hard pressed NOT to find a gun owner in my area...man OR woman.

We have very conservative legislature (not as in Rep. & Dem.) but the 2nd amendment is staunchly protected and "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu " is NOT cutting it when I have a sawed off shotgun @ my back door...

Considering murderous mexican drug cartels are spilling over 2000mile unfenced and unmarked land and with >7000 homicides last year ALONE (another topic I know)..youd be a fool not to own one nowdays

It doesnt bother me at all with a man & gun pics... as long as their SANE, skilled and responsible!

Survival of the fittest and if a man can't accept me AND my S & W 38 J frame ..then just poohy!
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 361
Posted: 3/2/2010 9:46:47 PM

I nominate the United States of America.

ohhh pleease...Berkeley?
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 363
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:15:36 PM

Who do you think will defend this country if we are invaded and the majority of our troops are overseas??? It will have to be us, " sportsman, hunters, or just property owners defending theirselves", if you have the guts. And if you think i'm nuts for thinking we could get invaded you better think back real hard. Sept 11th & even before that, there have been attacks here.
There are even more people here now due to the shape the economy is in that are buying up American business, & property for little to nothing that do not like Americans. Probably because we have more than just Sand & Oil here.

Bit paranoid , don't you think?

I'd be willing to bet heavy-handed US foreign policy over the past 50 years has more to do with why many people dislike America overseas, than any notions of 'jealousy'.

USA, it's "The Land of Milk & Honey" folks & a lot of people want to take it from us.

Have you looked at the US economy lately? It's already been taken from you, by Wall street. You're looking in the wrong direction.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 1:08:09 AM
ok, i have to go off topic here. sorry folks.

Who do you think will defend this country if we are invaded and the majority of our troops are overseas??? It will have to be us, " sportsman, hunters, or just property owners defending theirselves", if you have the guts.

invaded by who? canada?

let's assume, ludicrous though it is, that no regular military or national guard troops are available to respond. any aggressor capable of staging a conventional assault on u.s. soil will have armor, air support and well-trained, well-equipped troops that will brush aside a bunch of duck hunters and pudgy survivalists like they're not even there.

if it's a terror raid in force, local police would be the ones to face it. the ones with actually weapons training.

And if you think i'm nuts for thinking we could get invaded you better think back real hard. Sept 11th & even before that, there have been attacks here.

9/11 has nothing to do with this discussion. small arms can't stop this kind of air attack.

for the record, i'm a gun owner.
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 367
Posted: 3/3/2010 9:59:01 AM

Just think that we would have fewer enemys if we stopped bombing half the world and stayed home to mind our own business. These endless foreign wars benefit only our masters

I can appreciate that..Im not a big fan of these "global goverment crusades" when we cant even take care of our own citizens, our back yards (see border control)... & esp our Vets when they put them on such a mission or "mission" for some...

Your right though, war is BIG business $$$

"War is a racket"- U.S. Marine Major General Smedley Darlington Butler
is a good read
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 368
Posted: 3/3/2010 11:10:36 AM
Considering the crime rate involving firearms in the states...i'm soooo glad i'm Canadian.

That being said....if I saw a picture of a woman on her with a gun, depends....
is she a cop, soldier/sailor/airwoman?
is she a hunter?

if she's a hunter i'd say good for her and move on...not really into hunting or women that hunt. If she's a cop I'd probably advise her to take the pic down unless it was just her in uniform with the gun in the holster otherwise her superiors might get pissed, same about military.

Also depends on the context...if its a sexy support the troops calendar type pic...i'd be all for it...but if its Jane doe, sporting her 30-06, and holding a buck or whatever...no thanks.
 caribooo
Msg: 370
Posted: 3/3/2010 4:48:50 PM
I'm a girl, I'm a cop, and I'm a widowed Mother of two...I think everyone should have a gun for several reasons..1. Like drugs if you make guns illegal the criminals will still get them only now we cannot defend ourselves against them because we are out powered. 2. I feel that the first step to communism is to disarm the people. i think that if things go wrong and they may or may not, i want to be able to protect myself and my kids..or at least feel that I have a fighting chance. 4. I think if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them it saves me from arresting them, S.A. hearings, S.A. dispositions, court time and all of this so they can get probation. I do not advocate killing people for real but i do believe that one thing that makes our country so special is our freedoms..and remember if you are okay today with taking away one of my freedoms and tomorrow i am okay with taking away one of your freedoms then at what point will our freedoms even exist? I hope that people will see that even if guns are illegal that people will still die and in record numbers because the bad guys are not being punished severely enough..thats the problem..if there are no consequences to being bad then why be good..Good can be boring sometimes and hard work does not always pay off so if i know that if i rob a bank and get caught i may spend three years in jail.However if i don't get caught i will spend three years worry free..sounds like coin toss to me..
 Strings6
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2010 6:01:57 PM
outofthedesert,to most of these people criminals are misunderstood underdogs and victims of social injustice who just want a hug...you and people like you,and me, are the real enemy to them...that's why they always support laws to restrict us and our behaviour....that is why when one of us kills a criminal it's front page news but when a criminal kills one of us it's just a statistic they can use to get more funding for feel good B.S that solves nothing.
 PrinceCharmingsCousin
Msg: 377
Posted: 3/3/2010 11:43:58 PM

I'm a girl, I'm a cop, and I'm a widowed Mother of two...I think everyone should have a gun for several reasons..1. Like drugs if you make guns illegal the criminals will still get them only now we cannot defend ourselves against them because we are out powered. 2. I feel that the first step to communism is to disarm the people. i think that if things go wrong and they may or may not, i want to be able to protect myself and my kids..or at least feel that I have a fighting chance. 4. I think if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them it saves me from arresting them, S.A. hearings, S.A. dispositions, court time and all of this so they can get probation. I do not advocate killing people for real but i do believe that one thing that makes our country so special is our freedoms..and remember if you are okay today with taking away one of my freedoms and tomorrow i am okay with taking away one of your freedoms then at what point will our freedoms even exist? I hope that people will see that even if guns are illegal that people will still die and in record numbers because the bad guys are not being punished severely enough..thats the problem..if there are no consequences to being bad then why be good..Good can be boring sometimes and hard work does not always pay off so if i know that if i rob a bank and get caught i may spend three years in jail.However if i don't get caught i will spend three years worry free..sounds like coin toss to me..

Hey guess what Canada, and England, pretty sure Australia too, are some countries are its illegal to carry guns on your person, you can have hunting rifles, shotguns and what not at home, and guess what...there murder rate and crime rate is lower then the States...also guess what....none of those countries are communists either.

Are you a scientologist or something or better yet a Sarah Palin supporter lol
 kailania
Msg: 378
Posted: 3/4/2010 12:15:11 AM
i do not go out with men who hunt as a sport.
only if it becomes a need for food in an emergency situation.
i know people with guns because they live in the mountains. need them for protection.
i learned to shoot this year.
if some one is going to threaten me,..
i would rather be able to protect myself.

and no...i do not like photos of men with guns , or their cars, or anything showy.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 380
Posted: 3/4/2010 7:30:17 AM
I've never felt the need to have a gun. Never had the need to defend
my house...never even felt threatened enough to want a gun.
Can't imagine hanging around someone that felt the need to have a gun
on them at all times.
Just not something I'm used to or would like to get used to.
 smithwhitehawk1
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2010 10:07:43 AM
Browneyesboo
You can not defend yourself against what you refuse to see, Do you not watch
your local news? I had the 12:00 news on just before posting this and the lead
story was the rape/carjacking of two women last night. We have armed home
invasions almost daily around here.
Do you live in an area that is really that safe, or just pretending violent crime
cannot occur here?
I think we all have to be able to self protect until the police arive, and keep
in mind that a 5 min. respond time [after 911 call goes out] is probably the
best you can hope for. Thats can seem like an eternity when your at the mercy
of a violent criminal .
I do have a CCW permit , and to get it I had to pass a 12 hr. training course
on laws ,when to use deadly force, and skill with firearms. Finally I had to pass
a background chack by the F.B.I..
I do not post any photo's with guns in it, no conceil ,no advantage.But I will
let any woman I date know any time that I would be carring.
Hawk
 browneyesboo
Msg: 383
Posted: 3/4/2010 12:03:56 PM

Browneyesboo
You can not defend yourself against what you refuse to see, Do you not watch
your local news? I had the 12:00 news on just before posting this and the lead
story was the rape/carjacking of two women last night. We have armed home
invasions almost daily around here.
Do you live in an area that is really that safe, or just pretending violent crime
cannot occur here?
I think we all have to be able to self protect until the police arive, and keep
in mind that a 5 min. respond time [after 911 call goes out] is probably the
best you can hope for. Thats can seem like an eternity when your at the mercy
of a violent criminal .
I do have a CCW permit , and to get it I had to pass a 12 hr. training course
on laws ,when to use deadly force, and skill with firearms. Finally I had to pass
a background chack by the F.B.I..
I do not post any photo's with guns in it, no conceil ,no advantage.But I will
let any woman I date know any time that I would be carring.
Hawk

<div class='quote'>I've never felt the need to have a gun. Never had the need to defend
my house...never even felt threatened enough to want a gun.
Can't imagine hanging around someone that felt the need to have a gun
on them at all times.
Just not something I'm used to or would like to get used to.

Hello? I'm assuming you didn't see my original post or didn't read it.
I'm 57 years old, no need to talk to me like I'm 12.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 386
Posted: 3/4/2010 2:10:28 PM

I'm a girl, I'm a cop, and I'm a widowed Mother of two...I think everyone should have a gun for several reasons..

Let me get this straight. You are a serving officer of the court who's taken an oath to protect and defend and uphold the laws of the land? Then you say:

4. I think if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them it saves me from arresting them, S.A. hearings, S.A. dispositions, court time and all of this so they can get probation.

You have just advocated thowing out the very thing you have sworn to defend. Habeas Corpus is not some place in Greece, it's the cornerstone of most civilised countries' legal systems, including the one in which you serve.

I do not advocate killing people for real but i do believe that one thing that makes our country so special is our freedoms..

You are advocating just that, there are plenty of other places in the world, including Australia, where we have just as much freedom as you, and we don't need to arm ourselves to have it.

I hope that people will see that even if guns are illegal that people will still die and in record numbers because the bad guys are not being punished severely enough..thats the problem..if there are no consequences to being bad then why be good..

Why is it that so many people die in the US from guns in comparison to other countries in the Western World? What is it in the American psyche that makes it totally okay to keep deadly weapons in the house, or concealed upon your person?

In places like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, Britain, Sweden, Finland, the Netherlands, Denmark and the like this is not normal.

Interesting too to note the lady advocating arming the population to defend personal freedom, is the very person the other gun advocates are saying will be sent in by the state to deprive them of their weapons. Pretty ironic.
 caribooo
Msg: 387
Posted: 3/4/2010 4:48:38 PM
You have just advocated thowing out the very thing you have sworn to defend. Habeas Corpus is not some place in Greece, it's the cornerstone of most civilised countries' legal systems, including the one in which you serve.

I dont think that Habeas Corpus is a place any where, and I was being rather smart by saying that shooting someone would save me time. I apologize. I did not mean to insinuate that it is okay or preferable to kill..I meant more that it is better to kill then to be killed in my home by an intruder..Furthermore I think that you live in a wonderful country, and you should be proud of the way your country runs..Please grant me the same consideration. I am an American and I agree and I am proud of the freedoms that we have..One being the right to have arms. I dont think it is necessary to get hostile at my post, Rather if you want to change or enlighten someones thinking on a certain issue being an ***hole is not the best way to go about it. And about my job..I love helping people, i love interacting with them, being there when the bottom falls out of their lives and helping them to rebuild it and since you know nothing about my job or what it takes to do it, please take your pompous, arrogant holier than though attitude and stick in your perfect Australian ear.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 388
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:16:59 PM

Rather if you want to change or enlighten someones thinking on a certain issue being an ***hole is not the best way to go about it. And about my job..I love helping people, i love interacting with them, being there when the bottom falls out of their lives and helping them to rebuild it and since you know nothing about my job or what it takes to do it, please take your pompous, arrogant holier than though attitude and stick in your perfect Australian ear.

I'm sorry you feel hard done by here, but what you were putting forward, whether joking or not, was incredible given the great responsibilty you carry.

How exactly is pointing this out being pompous and arrogant? And 'arsehole'? Come on, you can disagree with me without resorting to insults.
 caribooo
Msg: 389
Posted: 3/4/2010 5:52:19 PM
you know what, I just thought you were a jerk. and maybe i am a little sensitive. people expect Deputies to go toe to toe with a bad guy..understand their langues... know what they are thinking and how to trump them, take an ass whippin' more often than not until backup arrives and yet we are expected to be sweet, and soft spoken and never offend anyone..Sometimes I think Im jaded to a point because regardless of how well i do my job, someone wants to throw me under the bus. People ask me to come in and solve a problem it took them 20 years to create, instantly and no matter what decision i make someone is unhappy..MAYBE, I took this out on you and if so I'm sorry. I dont know you and I do respect your right to speak your mind, However If you wouldn't mind, maybe only tonight you could speak your mind to someone who is not so touchy..And the ***hole part...it just seemed appropriate at the time, now you make me feel like dog about it..and by the way..***hole is a very mild word in line of work..remember, Im a vicious killer who wishes the public would do my job for me.. I would make smiley face right now so that you would see that I am only kidding, but im a moron on a computer and I am kind of new at this so Im not sure how..give me a minute and ill figure it out. in the meantime..start typing dude..'cause I know you have something else to say...Dont Ya?
 caribooo
Msg: 390
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:04:21 PM
I just read your profile and to add insult to injury...Im a 6 foot tall Conservative Southern, who HATES COFFEE!!! And my ten year old tells me to smile so i dont look like a...careful, witch..how's that? and i hope you know Im am just messing with you..its all true but Im playing around all the same..Where you are seems beautiful. and if you have a ten year old then you too are truly blessed.
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 391
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:27:40 PM
Well, I dont know what goes on in the "Land of tea & crumpets" but the reality for me is I DO carry...and not ashamed of it.

I go to some of the toughest ghettos in the region if not the country and I'll be damned if they get me first, I have a family to go home to.

We have RUTHLESS MURDERERS running our streets courtesy of amnesty and apathetic border "control" ....google MS13's just some of the deviants as well as our own homegrown THUGS..ie NOLA Katrina "victims" (mind you after 4.5 years)who stillll break in our homes who I just wanna yell..." get OFF YOUR ASS, get off welfare, put down the bong and Get a FNK job!"

I digress..where'd that come from?
(lol)

Anyways,this is not about polishing my gun, sporting a mullet and drinking a schiltz..this is about SELF PRESERVATION and us Americans should make no apologies.

Its the nature of the beast...and the beast "aint" taking us down.

and for the record Ive always hated guns, my family never owned them, dont hunt, & dont like to see dead animals
 caribooo
Msg: 392
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:33:36 PM
I think I'm in love...Oh wait a minute..your a girl...but one I like. I'm with you and I was apologizing for being rude to someone not my position..I too hope that i never have to hurt another human being..that being said if one attempts to hurt me or anyone else for that matter i will do anything i can to stop them..and if they have a gun..I want one also...God Bless America my friend.
 kailania
Msg: 393
Posted: 3/4/2010 7:41:04 PM

You ever hear about people born with a silver spoon? In my part of the country you are born with a deer rifle.

yep. i agree.
and by reading these posts i think some people are born with foot (in mouth).

are you really going to stand by and allow in intruder to harm your family?
to rape you?

a gun , owned by a knowledgable and responsible person can be a life saver.
if there is ever a national disaster...we will need guns to hunt for food.
i live in a rural area, and when you live on a mountain there may come a time where it is needed. as for sport hunters...i am against that.

some balk at that thought. (national disaster)
but if it happens....guess to whose house people will want to be coming for their dinner?

it is the irresponsible criminals who mis use guns.
and anyone who uses them too show off.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 395
Posted: 3/4/2010 10:16:20 PM

..give me a minute and ill figure it out. in the meantime..start typing dude..'cause I know you have something else to say...Dont Ya?

Not really, I've said what I wanted to say about your original post.

Look, I realise you're fed up, under an unfair amount of pressure and do a job most of us would be incapable of doing. You're also held to an unreasonably high standard. You don't check out from the human race when you don the uniform. So I apologise for the tone of my first posting.

That 10-year-old is now 12 and he has a brother, 9 and another, 14, who is nearly as tall as you. We are indeed lucky to have them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >