Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 12lk78er
Msg: 63
Is there real men out there who wears make-upPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It depends really. Personally, I think a guy wearing eyeliner and nail polish is one of the hottest things he could ever do, if (and this is a big if) he's a pretty guy to begin with. And I think it's more of an androgyny thing anyway, liking boys that look like girls and all that. Not to be confused with actually liking girls of course but some women just prefer 'pretty boys' I'm sure some of you girls know what I'm talking about. Seeing a 6'3'' linebacker with a full beard donning some eyeliner and whatnot would do absolutely nothing for me. In any case, yes, there are real completely heterosexual men who wear make-up and look damn hot doing it.
 12lk78er
Msg: 64
Is there real men out there who wears make-up
Posted: 6/29/2006 1:13:19 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention there is absolutely nothing wrong with you for liking it. You are very much not alone.
 Ratero-park-man
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/29/2006 1:20:05 AM
Make-up on men is not a good thing at all. I mean there are some situations where it is understandable like for medical reasons, but if it is for inhancing aesthitic beauty that is just effeminate. I just hve to be honest about that.

People need to see guys for who they are and NOT try to make them into soemthing they are NOT.

Any woman that wants her man to wear make up for teh reason I mentioned above with regards to aesthetics really needs to understand what i real man is suppose to be like and accept him for being a MAN not someone he is not!!
 Aussie_kiss
Msg: 73
Posted: 7/20/2006 6:22:09 PM
Hell yeah dude, I'm with you all the way on this subject!
 sparticuss
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/22/2006 11:02:07 PM
there must be some women out there who like the guys that are a lil freaky and look different.....come on
====================
Honey m dear.
I am treated as some sort of pervert whenever I admit that my taste in women isn't the quinessential barbie doll shape. It isn't.

It's just as bad for the women with stange tastes.
 t-gurl
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:22:12 AM
It's very simple. A REAL man is secure enough and confident enough to do what he wants, wear what he wants, without worrying about what others think.

Just like some women like tall men and others like short, some women will like men wearing make up and some won't. Big deal, but they are still REAL men.
 Sindee
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:35:05 AM
I agree with t-gurl. Men and makeup is not everyone's cup of tea, I do not mind it...in fact, some guys look great in it. I would not have a problem with it what-so-ever.
 sparticuss
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/31/2006 3:10:46 AM
I know a few young goths who wear a bit to a few parties.

I also know a mid aged man who wears a touch to hide a revolting scar he has due to skin cancer surgery. Revooting to some people anyway. I couldn't give a %^&* about it. All I asked him was if the doctors got the lot.
 NotTheAverageChick
Msg: 98
Posted: 5/24/2009 9:33:40 PM
Oh Brian Thorn....could you BE more manly?! Or studlier?

Now and in the recent past, makeup on men has been viewed as conceited, tilting toward the feminine and GAY! No, traditional hetero men don't wear makeup - cuz they don't have to! Men aren't usually judged and chosen SOLELY on their facial features - at least not any that could be improved by makeup (if only his eyes 'popped' more or if his lips were fuller and poutier!). So, to me, a guy wearing makeup wants to attract the attention of gay men consciously or subconsciously!

The half-step that a lot of young guys are taking now is waxing their eyebrows. YUCK! That is hands-down the most feminine thing I have ever seen and I can spot them from 20 paces! He's usually also wearing a very 'fashion-forward' outfit with a lot of labels and words on it, has over-gelled/moused hair and that arrogant, puffed-up t00l attitude prominently displayed on reality tv! I have actually laughed out loud a few times because they were scoping out chicks! I've since learned to control myself...
 forum101
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 10:03:07 PM
I dont think guys wearing makeup are going to have much luck with women. We do like to be the "pretty" one.
Give it another 20 years, and let us evolve a bit more. Right now it is just too gay. Not that there is anything wrong with gay, just Im not and I dont want him to be.
 DocElffington
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 10:55:05 PM
I'm sorry, but a woman with a better goatee then mine isn't appealing to me.

Neither should a hairy-legged man in stockings and blue eye crap appeal to women!

I'm just saying.
 Boots168
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2009 11:39:43 PM
OP go to Japan, you can get to see quite a number of real men (not cross-dressers nor drag queens wannabes for that matter) cuz it's an "IN" thing over there. Seems to me this trend is hitting Hong Kong pretty hard right now too. I did see a few guys wearing makeup (trimmed eyebrows and super thick eyeliners).

Welcome to the 21st century!
 barbee1970
Msg: 102
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:37:36 AM
Come on softhoney, how much more are we going to demasculate our guys? We going to put a dress and heels on them, too?

If makeup on a guy is sexy, maybe consider a woman.
 carolann0308
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 10:56:19 AM
Unless you are 'with the band' makeup on men is pretty out there.
 english lass
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/25/2009 11:41:52 AM
i wouldn't mind a bit of eyeliner or dyed hair, an ear ring or two

and moisturized skin can feel lovely to caress

maybe it's being originally from england, growing up at the time i did.... or maybe it's just the way my family was and how i think...

but to me, hair and makeup are changeable and fun to experiment with and can enhance a person's natural attractiveness - male or female

that said, if a guy didn't wish to experiment with makeup and hair products, that's fine too - to each their own... they can still be dern' attractive without any of it
 mthomjmark
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/25/2009 12:50:42 PM
I'm so sick of this L.A. metrosexual thing going on; it's pathetic.

Manicures, makeup, designer clothes, gel in the hair; just not getting it. It freaks me out.

It reminds me of the 80's. So many guys did the same thing and we had a joke, "go to L.A. where the women are women and the men are too.".

Its sad; women are now as sleazy and arrogant and lack character like men, and men act like 15 year old school girls following pop culture and being cool. Not this guy; no way, no how.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2009 6:10:49 PM
Give me a guy in "guy"liner any day!!!
 abelian
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/25/2009 8:00:18 PM
I'm probably ``wearing'' some after sex.
 Boots168
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2009 8:47:53 PM
I love that! I'll bet they look great!

Errr not for me! I have issues imagining myself being with someone who reminds me of ladyboys in Thailand, and looks more feminine than me. Chances are I might ask them to hand over all their makeup gears to me if they wanna see me again heheh
 thwipp89
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2009 3:23:52 AM
guys who wear make-up give me a bad 80's flashback when all those sissified hair bands were all the rage. emo and goth kids are today's nancy boys. just get it over with and have the sex change already =)
 WorldTravelingYogi
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2009 12:24:50 AM
I love eyeliner on guys.

FYI in India the higher casts apply eyeliner to boys eyes to make the eyes stand out more. So in India, eyeliner is accepted.
 GoofBall311
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/3/2009 2:27:50 PM
There is no such thing as a "real man." If you have balls and a penis, you're a "real man." Wear whatever you're comfortable in.
 starie_nite_123
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/27/2009 12:20:34 PM
I think there are a lot of guys who wear makeup. Sports commentators, anyone who does a TV interview, Movies, TV, clowns, actors, its all over and everywhere.
I would do it to look better and just to be different. What's the harm really. If people are going to judge you from something like that then they will judge you anyway. If it is just to hide some kind of blemish they can't even see. I really don't have time for people like that.
 stephanie4life
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/26/2012 8:42:14 PM
I mean well.. is my lipstick on straight ladies?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >