Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > abuse of authority      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4outof5Dentists
Msg: 301
abuse of authorityPage 13 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

Right ! And remembert ythat they are teachers, stop trying to make them into parents and social workers as well, they aren't given enought time to teach their students the essentials of the curriculum.

Precisely!!
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 302
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/27/2008 8:39:26 AM
well maybe if the teachers and staff would quit playing psychoanalysts they could get on with doing their job?...........case in point, child is developmentally behind others, pass them onto the next grade, until they "graduate", at the bottom of their class...............ah well, mickey d's is always hiring....................
 printer2
Msg: 303
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/27/2008 8:51:18 AM
I am a little disappointed with the focus of the management at the educational institute I worked at. They are looking at the programs in terms of efficiency as the final measure of how well we are doing.

They want to get the instructor/student ratio down. Reduce the course hours so instructors can teach more courses in the day. Increase the students in the class by 30%. Reduce the material being taught to the minimum needed to retain our accreditation. Our moto seems to be ‘We do not want to be the best, we just want to be average.’ Anything more than average costs more.

They are more concerned with having gaining prestige rather than doing a good job. It does not matter the instructors have little background in industry, as long as they have a Phd they should be able to present the material.

In the programs I was working with, six people and myself left this last year. Two more are planing to leave that I know of. Our administration seems to just shrug it off. All you need is a warm body up there presenting the material. Little pawns to give you freedom so you can move them around between subjects. It gives the administration flexibility scheduling course loads but reduces the value students get out of the course.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 304
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/27/2008 8:57:06 AM
sounds like every other sector of the working /teaching world............less is more.........was this a private unstitution with sharehaolders?...............performance is not measured on quality nowadays.....................it's all about the timeframe of finishing.................thank reality shows for that mindset..................
 4outof5Dentists
Msg: 305
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/27/2008 9:02:23 AM
case in point, child is developmentally behind others, pass them onto the next grade, until they "graduate", at the bottom of their class

Not the teachers doing this...unwritten Provincial policy - it's called Social Promotion - teachers hate it - policy says that children are adversely psychologically effected by being 'failed' in the early years, which severes social ties to friends - but (for some reason) 'failing' a student in Grade 9 (which is a major transition in life, during massive amounts of peer pressure, and when puberty is at its height) doesn't have an adverse effect on the child?!?!?!?! How many kids drop out at 16 because they can't handle the Grade 9 curriculum (due to lack of skills - not lack of intelligence!) and his or her self-esteem is bashed to nothing, but if they had been held back in Grade 2 or 3 would have made all the difference in the world??

You think teachers LIKE or WANT to promote a child to the next grade, knowing that with each passing year the child is going to fall further and further behind until they hit Grade 9, when the teacher then fails the child because the poor kid never had a fighting chance when they arrived because of social promotion??? Or that Grade 9 teachers aren't completely frustrated that the axe is always in their hands??

Go after the policy makers - not the ones that are forced to implement the stupid policy!!

Edit: Oh... mickey d's requires Grade 12 if you're over 18... so the poor kids don't even get THAT option... five minutes with the minister... just give me 5 minutes...GRRRRR
 peek~a~booo
Msg: 306
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:58:00 PM
Yes i am so an individual....just to put some context to canadian school sucess in rural manitoba from my stripes and perogy..... my mom was beated as where all the stripes in the schoolsystem...and than history repeated and her son was beatin in grade 1 for being crosseyed....no wonder none of us graduated eh!!!!
good old school on the praries....just so manitoba is not in question over the abuse of imagrent integration in this sunny province...and let us not forget

"where the children run" was another true story about a nut bag who drank himself to crazy and nearly killed those boys...he is burried in selkirk manitoba...that family resided along lake manitoba for part of there torture at the hands of there drunkin step father ...i think it was step...many years since i read that book...
the government better not pretend mr sinclare did not pay enuff tax in all them years to deserve a safe no kill human shelter...and what bugs me is the focus on the fiasco of his death...not the torture of his life and entitlists try to redirect on others..well who pushed him out of hospital after amputation to street.
to have two vulnerable human's destroyed is the most ridiculous reason to pretend this has happen in any parties absense...has been going on for way tooo looong. The mental health act in canada needs protection clauses for family to have an option to making a human freeze and starve and be beaten and be ripped off for anything you have...and your sick and no one even asks if you need food in 3 days either. I can't believe we have politicans with business expenses to by fancy dinner and people freeze in our streets and die...i hope they enjoy eating dessert and can look anyone homeless in the eye and it is not only mr sinclare it is every homeless helpless human who the universe failed cuz no one likes to be poor...

that is entitlists false scence of value who says that...cuz esteem is not gained from others demise...you must take esteem from white ground!!!!

yes susan i am special...and i do not wait for an entitlist to tell me that either...cuz well...i do not seek anyones opinion to my heart but my own...cuz i own those boundries in my character and not too many can pretend chit when they look into my dominant eye's....it was not a gift ...it is a group of coping skills
yep education of past should stay there shakes old head...we all gave so much to just be included..but the entitlist still says we are not good enuff for his standard...fine...right back atcha. sucks to be U if you think that

cuz at least i know to respect people without legs and no home and you do not have a clue...so i win entitlist cuz we are living the treaty and i did not fail to show my canadian brother my value and give ladditude to his without question...so you are a living representation of the treaty but remember...i remember the lesson and your still fighting on the concept of it...suck that politicians from both worlds..

again...thanks for the rant. to all those canadians who gave there families for this country...thanks for being my brother and sister
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 307
abuse of authority
Posted: 11/23/2008 12:52:57 PM
and we are back with my fave thread.............seems a supervisor at a large company found out a new employee has a health issue shortly after she was transfered to his location..........where upon he told her to go back from where she came from............the story goes something like that, ..............now this is a fedrally regulated company and the new employee doesn't want to make waves but if this info comes to the attention of union executive personnel are they not required by law to pusue this?...............obviously the supervisor has abused his authourity..............if the union doesn't act on this, are they also guilty of the same actions?................
 printer2
Msg: 308
abuse of authority
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:08:33 PM
No.
 thorndyke
Msg: 309
abuse of authority
Posted: 11/23/2008 5:35:38 PM
Transferred from where? somewhere else in the company? Than maybe he meant go back to that department? Could it have been that the other department didn't want productivity hampered by her illness and saw an opportunity to pass the buck and this manager recognized that and responded accordingly?
Did he mean something bigger?
I would like a little more info so I can better understand what happened.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 310
abuse of authority
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:08:30 PM
same company, different location..............new hire still, on probation and let's just say the medical condition is impossible for a man..........and i do believe the union is under a moral obligation at the very least to persue this..............i do hope this makes the media as the supervisor in question has more than his fair share of
'fans' who would like to see him in the spotlight...............
 ChuckNorris1
Msg: 311
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:04:34 PM
ok Juan, here's one for you.........or, actually, two for you..........ok, maybe three....

#1 - Do you think that Stephen Harper abused his authority when he tried to steamroll an extreme right wing agenda through parliament?

#2 - orrrrrrrrrrr..............did the unholy alliance of liberals, NDP'ers, and separatists (I can't bring myself to actually use their party name) abuse their authority by forming their coalition?

Personally, I think there's culpability on both sides for the mess we're currently in. Harper screwed up by pushing too hard and being inflexible. On the other hand, I really believe that the other parties were just waiting for the chance to exercise their "right" to unite, which I think is just about the shadiest form of political opportunism I've ever seen. No matter how they try to dress it up with their wailing about the "lack of economic stimulus", to me it's nothing but a calculated move that's about nothing other than egos and power.

Or hey, how about Option #3 - are you just so jaded about the current state of politics in this country, and completely full of mistrust for anyone that runs for political office, that the whole gong show currently going on in Ottawa doesn't phase you a bit? Has each and every one of the elected yoyos currently in office, abused the authority and trust that we put into them to run our country, to the point that anyone with enough idealism left to believe that these people actually have our best interests at heart should be next in line for a full frontal lobotomy?

I think I'm going with Option #3, personally. They all make me sick.
 OhNoItsDano
Msg: 312
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:23:18 PM

I think I'm going with Option #3, personally. They all make me sick.

I'm with you on that one...they're all f*cked. If it was the Liberals or the NDP presenting the same thing, the Conservatives would be doing trying to form a coalition. Don't even get me started about the 'Bloc'...
 printer2
Msg: 313
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:56:04 PM
Oh I don't know. If the other three did nothing while Harper ran Canada like a little dictatorship what do you think will happen if he ever got a majority? While I would prefer everybody to back down now at least the opposition showed they have balls. If the move works maybe minority governments in the future will give ramming through policies that do not take the countries best interests into account a second thought.
 thorndyke
Msg: 314
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 4:47:16 PM
Hey, if the opposition had the balls printer2 assumes they have, then they would have done this after the last election - not this one. They are a bunch of frustrated power coveters.
And how dumb a bell is Layton? Doesn't he remember the deals with Liberal leader Paul Martin? Got right p' ohed as Martins agreements were not in effect overnight. What a dork. I actually admired Paul Martin after that, showed what a rube slapjack Layton is. Totally unfit for office.
Still feel that the tanks should roll into Ottawa and all the Bloc members executed for treason.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 315
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 4:59:17 PM
Put me down for option 1:

#1 - Do you think that Stephen Harper abused his authority when he tried to steamroll an extreme right wing agenda through parliament?

Last Thursday Stephen Harper decided the economic priorities of the government were to:

# Legislation will also temporarily suspend the right to strike through to 2010-11.

# Legislation to resolve pay equity part through collective bargaining, rather than through "litigious, adversarial and complaints-based approach to pay equity.", and

# Without talking to anyone he'd slash funding to the political system he heads

Typical bullying on a grand scale. I'd call this an attempt at an abuse of authority - except he doesn't really have the authority. Instead he has lost the confidence of the House of Commons and can't pass a vote. He had a chance - its time to try the other guys.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 316
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:33:39 PM
personally, as long as harper is out i'm happy...........hell, the bloc could win and i would be happy.................maybe they should win and leave and we could get on with a canada that we all want to belive in...........like a divorce, sometimes the price is never too much to achieve happiness............... unfortunatly, like a divorce, the other can usually come back for more............if they want to leave maybe the ndp can show then the way?.................
 ur_addiction
Msg: 317
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/6/2008 10:51:42 AM
well im going to write about cops...I <3 Cops...except crooked ones. racist ones and thoes who beat ppl up just beacuse. Now if you a cop and you caught a guy who raped a chick then well beat him all you want lol. If your beating up an Aboriginal kid bc he did something illegal and now Is giving you a bit of lip, thats wrong.

Cops get a bad name bc many are jerks, but there still are good ones out there. Who ACTUALLY care. And cops who put on thier Sirens on,so they can go through a red light (bc they dont want to wait), Kinda funny at times...as long as you dont do it during traffic / a overly busy street or right at the last minute.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 318
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/7/2008 9:32:35 AM
ur addiction, both examples would be aoa and could wind up placing both trials in jeoaprody of being tossed out........especially in the rape one, the cops do it by the numbers, they get a succesful prosecution................and if the cops do get away with it once,well then they continue and what kind of force do you wind up with then?..........
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 319
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/7/2008 10:08:04 AM

Now if you a cop and you caught a guy who raped a chick then well beat him all you want lol. If your beating up an Aboriginal kid bc he did something illegal and now Is giving you a bit of lip, thats wrong.

So you want to have it both ways eh. What if he didn't actually rape anyone and you just beat the wrong guy to within an inch of his life, daily over a period of weeks.
As for the other kid what difference does it make if he is an aborigine or not? A punk is a punk and they all need a good beating.
 ur_addiction
Msg: 320
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/8/2008 10:06:37 PM

So you want to have it both ways eh. What if he didn't actually rape anyone and you just beat the wrong guy to within an inch of his life, daily over a period of weeks.
As for the other kid what difference does it make if he is an aborigine or not? A punk is a punk and they all need a good beating.

It doesnt matter if he is aboriginal or not, I was commenting on a post b4 where they were talking about kids and specified them being Aboriginal. I think if a punk kid goes and doesn something like break into a car etc he doesnt deserve to get beaten.

And i said if a guy raped a chick...I wasnt getting into the technicality of it being the wrong person. and No I dont want it both ways.....I think they shouldnt abuse thier authority in ANY way. But I wouldnt be bothered if they beat up a rapist is all.

and to the guy who commented b4, i wasnt sure what you exactly were trying to say to me.

I don't think cops should go around beating anyone....There are just some cases were I wouldnt care....If some guy or girl beat up or raped any of my buds, I would MOST DEF be hunting them down and beat the $h*t out of them.

If I was in a relationship with a police officer I would not be happy if I found out they abused somone while in uniform.

Now if they wanted to beat the
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 321
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/8/2008 10:23:53 PM
so being a cop, beating someone and getting away with it is okay if rape is involved , but not for burglary?............you can't have it both ways girl. either you uphold the law and follow the rules or you abuse your authourity and do as you please.............as for hunting someone down, that is vigilatism and is as well against the law.................
 susan_cd
Msg: 322
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/8/2008 11:53:03 PM

as for hunting someone down, that is vigilatism and is as well against the law

OK I can see vigilanteism being against the law, but what about unsafe storage of liquids? Specifically, taking an empty vodka bottle and half filling it with gasline antifreeze, then leaving that bottle in your car ( without labelling it because the felt marker you had was dried up). Your car gets stolen by one of those punk car thiefs, that steal several cars a week, they find the bottle and drink what's inside. Oops.

Guess they shouldn't have stolen my car, karma can be a harsh mistress

Or maybe it's just the filter on the gene pool.
 interludesolo
Msg: 323
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/9/2008 7:53:11 AM
As long as Harper is out I'm happy...ditto on that for me as well Juan Mo Oclock!

As far as the education system goes...

My personal thoughts are this. We are in deep doo doo when it comes to the education system. The gap is definitely widening between the rich and the poor IMO.
What I see in the school system is, if your kid is from a poor family, or CFS. the principal will punt the kid immediately for a school fight because he sees him as dispensable and basically no one speaks up for him. Your limited what you can do as a foster parent.
They want to muzzle you if you ask too many questions at the office, as in a school yard fight started by racial slurs and name-calling on a chubby kid, my boys friend. Immediately he is portrayed as a psycho, principal does not listen to both sides of the story and he is suspended for over three weeks now.
The year before this same boy had his two front teeth shattered in the hallway at school!! Does the huge 200 pound boy that did this get expelled? Not a chance! It's seen as an accident!
The list goes on and on , the powers that be talk the talk but when it comes to a kid who happens to be in CFS they do nothing. The status quo must be maintained and my boy is denied a proper education! So how do I keep him at home with all this free time?BTW..this same boy couldn't read or write when he moved in with me. I taught him to read and write..decided to be proactive instead of reactive! So in June of this year, all his marks were in the mid to high 70ties!
So now that is kicked out of school.... he's off to see siblings that are a negative influence!

Then people wonder why cars are being stolen, houses broken into, drugs being sold!
The kids doing this are being used by adults to do the "dirty work!"
These KIDS NEED to be in school!
Instead they are being denied a proper education because teachers have no power and have a multitude of other problems in the classroms, dealing with other issues. The principal wants to viewed as "cleaning up" and getting rid of all those nasty kids not fit to be with all the "good" kids! Yeah right!

ur_addiction
Msg: 324
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/9/2008 12:00:13 PM

so being a cop, beating someone and getting away with it is okay if rape is involved , but not for burglary?............you can't have it both ways girl. either you uphold the law and follow the rules or you abuse your authourity and do as you please.............as for hunting someone down, that is vigilatism and is as well against the law.................

Yes, harsh aint I? Kids are dumb, they steal things....they don't deserve to be beaten, (even dumb adults)there are harsher offences.. THATS ALL IM SAYING! I would'nt care THAT MUCH if some guy raped a chick and cops kicked his as$(and he was actually the one who did it). As for Vigilatism, did I say anywhere that I thought beating someone up was LEGAL? ....Id still do it, first offence they'd let me go:P and if not I guess shitty for me. Id back my friends up without questioning myself.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 325
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/9/2008 10:49:49 PM

first offence they'd let me go:P

That is a huge part of the problem, we are not responsible for our actions even as adults. First offense beating. Second offense public whipping. Third offense 10-20 years imprisonment. If they haven't learned after the first 2 times they plan on not learning, they shouldn't be allowed a fourty time so if it comes around to that execute him/her.
How many people would be so willing to consistently break the laws if they knew there was a definate and invasive punishment. Maybe we should bring back the stocks and such to clean this mess up. Start punishing the families of these people and see how that works. By that i mean imprisoning their mothers or fathers etc. Fines are no deterrent and just letting them go and asking them to be good guys hasn't worked and probably won't. The old ways proved themselves to work.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > abuse of authority