Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > abuse of authority      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flyin-high
Msg: 76
view profile
History
abuse of authorityPage 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
^^^^^^^^^
That site doesn’t mention one single thing which is being discussed, i.e cost of video equipent or cameras in police cars … are you sure you posted the correct link?
 flyin-high
Msg: 77
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 8/9/2008 4:41:55 PM

This would apply to the RCMP. The Province of Manitoba has similar legislation under Freedom of Information and Privacy Act that would apply to WPS, BPS and St. Anne's.
Do you not think this legislation would apply to recorded matter?
Considering that cameras have already been adopted by police in British Columbia, Quebec and Ontario, I would have to say that your references are irrelevant… am I missing something?
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 78
abuse of authority
Posted: 8/9/2008 5:23:05 PM
even if i'm buying?...................and wth? happened to my other posts?............
 paladin_
Msg: 79
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 8/12/2008 11:55:22 AM
Re: attitude of the police

I was talking to one of my cop friends this weekend and of course this topic came up.
He said that the police differently have a more Aggressive and zero tolerant attitude toward outlaws today then they had 10-15 years ago.
He also said that it’s because the outlaws are a lot more Violent and Dangerous today then they were 15 years ago .
15 years ago it was unheard of in Winnipeg for someone to steel a car and run down joggers just for the fun of it, or have gangs doing drive by shootings on Portage Ave in broad daylight.
 susan_cd
Msg: 80
abuse of authority
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:25:20 PM
Let's see, 2 people refuse to drop their weapons, and die ( either by taser or gunshot). So the system still works sometimes

Btw, I noticed during the press report by the aboriginal leaders that they say Harper's nephew was holding a cell phone; they don't say he WASN'T holding a knife.... he had 2 hands didn't he? He could have been holding both, but of course the outraged aboriginal leaders won't admit he may have been holding a knife. Whatever he may have been holding, when confronted by police telling him to drop it, he should have.

The cameras are a great idea though.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 81
abuse of authority
Posted: 8/13/2008 1:04:03 AM
politics at play su...................of course they won't say what the other hand was doing.............and the camera thing.................why doesn't someone else try a thread on this as everytime i start one it gets voted down....................it is time for this technology to happen...................
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 82
abuse of authority
Posted: 8/21/2008 10:46:16 PM
ken anderson, alleged, cop, aboriginal youth counseller, recognized for all kinds of good things.................he is presumed innoncent and yet here we have a major aoa,...............being as his position was not only one of trust, he was also a peace officer.....................should the sentence reflect this?................or ?
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 83
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:20:04 AM
so a kid smashes his car up, calls daady and he comes and collects him .............tells those at the scene he's a police officer and takes him from the scene............the new tactic to avoid dui?...........leaving the scene of the accident?..............and the cops who do show up confirm he was a cop.................how much ya wanna bet he skates and dad gets a reprimand?............and no one even makes a peep about it on here?
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 84
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:42:21 PM
and the forums have been so interesting as of late?............thought maybe a little thought provoking discussion may get the intellectual juices going.................and this thread isn't just about cops, ppl......................anyone who wishes to bring forward another topic than the current ones, please do so....................
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 85
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 10:44:53 AM
and what of the school division's policy when it comes to school psycholigists, protection of the division comes before the child's needs.................don't believe it? ask the higher ups..............took many times to get the answer but that's the the way it is............that is definetly an abuse of authourity...........so when parents get ticked at teachers and staff, maybe they have a good reason?...............after the crap i saw my stepdaughter put thru, if given a second chance, i would have found a way to afford private schools.................
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 86
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 11:51:28 AM

Wow... just ... wow.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 87
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 12:02:12 PM
couldn't have said it better..............i think we have a new catchphrase...........thanx 4outta 5...............let it be henceforth known as "wjw"?
 susan_cd
Msg: 88
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 2:28:09 PM
oh yes...history does repeat....as i recall the entitlist learn the lesson from there own ranks...cuz those clowns need a "i would vote but i have a problem"...none of the boxes match..so when you request the ballot and they mark your name off..you simply thank them for the process but deline to vote based on the evolution of telling politicans..there bare azzes are exposed and they certainly have lots to keep there lil hands buzy...for them so sorry,,,,,,,,,,,for we are a product of their own making....

let them realize they have failed there own kind...and then they understand perhaps they need to ponder a bit longer on the reason folks decide to pretend equal does demand excelllence in the role modle of the government to educate the public about the importance of human values as apposed to "any" race being first...for we are the poor, the non entitled, the un educated, the folks behind the veil of location of services to those manitoban kids who grew up in a home of an alcoholic....it is every homes responsibility in the big picture. when you smoke out racism you remove it from every government building and do not pretend that a educated human needs a reminder for their esteem is not a color or a culture...it is the value to which the bottom drops out....of the human in the human value pasture...

Obviously the folks who write the process missed the final train where they forgot they are not a better canadian when they do not surrender there OWNculture and
biuld trust
grow a bigger circle of humans who value each creature in it's domaine...for the cat will always land on it's feeet....and because i have a diverse colorful open personality i know i am the canadian first and all the rest does not matter...

i will not sell my brother down the street you will face me first so i can breed respect into your small entitled brain .... for they deserve my respect to understand their value...i would want to know it first!!!! scratches old head...well the political value is a effect of what happened to my family was a direct failure of you to place education of alcohol in the family dynamic fostered in school...to offer treatrment to the children which it effected...

takes out shot gun.....loads with salt..... your salt baby...feel the burn.

so i think i do have a say in how you disrespect my family and show evidence in my own family of your failure to generate awareness of addiction in complacent human's...takes entitlist....spanks bum..bad you...now go think about that...an ask yourself...how many folks were left in your absence of that message...whispers in ear...to many for you to pretend it was not a factor...so sorry
go tell that to your closed door meetings and your pretending a human on our street is not a target ...pretend those kids have tollerance, ignore them and your balance is gonna happen in the next 10 years. sleep well lil fish..you think about that!!!!
I hate to remind you to look in your history book but tap tap tap...what can i say.. ya want division you better be sure of your power of community...roar.
i will not fail in my quest to teach every single child i know how special and unique and individual they are....you do your thing and i will do mine for all those lil ankle biters who claim no vote no voice...smell them boots darlin...them is CANADIAN BOOTS BABE

have a great day...sorry for the hyjack mod and thread creator...and cd susans computer but is simply...single typing...cuz i am cat sitting and need to be upstairs and falked up...as usual...kiss kiss !!!
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 89
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 2:48:48 PM

Wow... just ... wow.
 SmartAlec
Msg: 90
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 3:56:05 PM
scarey how angry people really are - isn't it?
 susan_cd
Msg: 91
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 8:37:05 PM

will not fail in my quest to teach every single child i know how special and unique and individual they are....

You are unique.... just like everybody else. ( I forget who said it)
 susan_cd
Msg: 92
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/26/2008 8:40:05 PM

If you have an issue with education - at whatever level - I say...get in the face of the ones that have the "authority" - School Boards and MLA's - and the first thing you should find out... where did their kids go to school... public or private..... hmmmm????

Never, ever remain silent when it's the future of our youth at stake... if you're pissed... LET THEM KNOW AND DO IT AT THE NEXT SCHOOL BOARD MEETING OR WRITE TO YOUR MLA... or back lobbyists that get in their face...

Right ! And remembert ythat they are teachers, stop trying to make them into parents and social workers as well, they aren't given enought time to teach their students the essentials of the curriculum.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 93
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/27/2008 8:39:26 AM
well maybe if the teachers and staff would quit playing psychoanalysts they could get on with doing their job?...........case in point, child is developmentally behind others, pass them onto the next grade, until they "graduate", at the bottom of their class...............ah well, mickey d's is always hiring....................
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 94
abuse of authority
Posted: 9/27/2008 8:57:06 AM
sounds like every other sector of the working /teaching world............less is more.........was this a private unstitution with sharehaolders?...............performance is not measured on quality nowadays.....................it's all about the timeframe of finishing.................thank reality shows for that mindset..................
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 95
abuse of authority
Posted: 11/23/2008 12:52:57 PM
and we are back with my fave thread.............seems a supervisor at a large company found out a new employee has a health issue shortly after she was transfered to his location..........where upon he told her to go back from where she came from............the story goes something like that, ..............now this is a fedrally regulated company and the new employee doesn't want to make waves but if this info comes to the attention of union executive personnel are they not required by law to pusue this?...............obviously the supervisor has abused his authourity..............if the union doesn't act on this, are they also guilty of the same actions?................
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 96
abuse of authority
Posted: 11/23/2008 10:08:30 PM
same company, different location..............new hire still, on probation and let's just say the medical condition is impossible for a man..........and i do believe the union is under a moral obligation at the very least to persue this..............i do hope this makes the media as the supervisor in question has more than his fair share of
'fans' who would like to see him in the spotlight...............
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 97
view profile
History
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 4:59:17 PM
Put me down for option 1:

#1 - Do you think that Stephen Harper abused his authority when he tried to steamroll an extreme right wing agenda through parliament?

Last Thursday Stephen Harper decided the economic priorities of the government were to:

# Legislation will also temporarily suspend the right to strike through to 2010-11.

# Legislation to resolve pay equity part through collective bargaining, rather than through "litigious, adversarial and complaints-based approach to pay equity.", and

# Without talking to anyone he'd slash funding to the political system he heads

Typical bullying on a grand scale. I'd call this an attempt at an abuse of authority - except he doesn't really have the authority. Instead he has lost the confidence of the House of Commons and can't pass a vote. He had a chance - its time to try the other guys.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 98
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:33:39 PM
personally, as long as harper is out i'm happy...........hell, the bloc could win and i would be happy.................maybe they should win and leave and we could get on with a canada that we all want to belive in...........like a divorce, sometimes the price is never too much to achieve happiness............... unfortunatly, like a divorce, the other can usually come back for more............if they want to leave maybe the ndp can show then the way?.................
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 99
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/7/2008 9:32:35 AM
ur addiction, both examples would be aoa and could wind up placing both trials in jeoaprody of being tossed out........especially in the rape one, the cops do it by the numbers, they get a succesful prosecution................and if the cops do get away with it once,well then they continue and what kind of force do you wind up with then?..........
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 100
abuse of authority
Posted: 12/8/2008 10:23:53 PM
so being a cop, beating someone and getting away with it is okay if rape is involved , but not for burglary?............you can't have it both ways girl. either you uphold the law and follow the rules or you abuse your authourity and do as you please.............as for hunting someone down, that is vigilatism and is as well against the law.................
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > abuse of authority