Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 5
Why do guys always try to go all the way the first date?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
msg 7
yeah I know..... thats what they hope for.
 kindapicky
Msg: 6
Why do guys always try to go all the way the first date?
Posted: 3/17/2006 2:24:46 PM
Hey SB, my opinion, most men will try you 1. to see if they can get some, 2. if you give in, you are easy and how many others have been there? Don't want to take her home to mama.
If you expect to be treated with respect, demand it, first talk/meeting, tell him up front. Don't listen to any language, dirty jokes, trashy movies, etc.
He don't need to know you are a very sexual person, that is for you husband.. Not both of his neighboors to know.
Anyone that does not respect you now, will not after you are married.
Wierdos, email, talk, short meeting, ie lunch. Then tell him no thanks. Any problems after that, a firm warning, and then get help.

I dress modestly and I expect to be treated with respect on a date yet most of the guys I have been out with have tried to get down my pants. It is so annoying. Whatever happened to getting to know someone firstl You know make sure there are no STD's etc. I am a very sexual person by nature, but that doesn't mean every guy I meet is gonna get lucky why don't men get this? So guys any suggestions as to how to keep the guys off me without driving them away completely? I like a little attention but how do you get guys to follow the boundaries you tried to set? Oh and how do you keep wierdos away?
 choklitkiss
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:36:22 PM
Definitely agree with 1956seeking in that "If you expect to be treated with respect, DEMAND IT."

Maybe its just me because I had been raised with 4 brothers, but my mom made sure that I never let them run over me, to stand my ground, and not put up with their BS (though I love them all dearly... lol). I have taken that same stance with dating. My dad taught me what a man is supposed to be by showing me how a lady is to be treated, because he treated my mom like gold.

I only spend time with real gentlemen, and will not accept anything less. Any man who cannot keep his hormones in check can just keep moving.
 Intercooler
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:09:40 PM
I must be the only one left, but I NEVER do that on a first date. I don't even expect a kiss on the first date unless it's obvious we're both feeling it. I think there's a lot of fun in the anticipation of something more when you click well with someone.

If someone really strikes my fancy, I am HAPPY to let the natural order of things determine when the time is right. I guess a lot of men don't feel bad pushing the envelope like that, but I know I get VERY uncomfortable when I know my date is also not comfortable for some reason.
 badger1969
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:40:24 PM
As far as weirdos... I think you take your chances with anyone! First dates... spell it out: NO SEX! And that has to include you! I make that a point because I like to get to know a person first. Usually if the date is going OK, or at least I feel the date is going OK, I will ask for a kiss. That's it. A kiss can say a lot and if it is good for both then there is no reason why the horizontal shuffle cannot happen on the next date. It also adds to the mystery!
 badger1969
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2006 10:42:59 PM
I also feel that most guys are obsessed with sex, but that does not mean all guys are pigs. ROMANCE IS STILL ALIVE!!!
 naiveteisbliss
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2006 12:45:37 PM
because they want to see if you'll give it up on the first date, if you will with them, you will with pretty much anyone on the first date, they are testing your boundaries, or to see if what you have maybe previously told them is true or not?
I don't blame them for trying thought, it just tells me a lot about them & what they would do with a complete stranger also!
 captnjimbo
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:24:54 PM
You said that you are a very sexual person. You just may be giving out that message. How to avoid this phenom. If you don't like what you're catching, change the bait! If you are trying to set boundaries, you are not setting boundries. One either sets boundries or they don't. Trying denotes failure. So be firm. You may get fewer dates but of higher quality.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/3/2006 8:47:08 PM
I guess the simple answer is BECAUSE WE ARE GUYS
 Myrna43
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2006 9:13:12 PM
Well, my little ones, most men learn in their teens that they are expected to try. However I have learned they don't really think they will be successful every time and some don't really want to succeed. Itssleepingbeauty you answered your own question when you asked "how to get guys to follow the boundries you tried to set?" Operative word tried you don't try you make it impossible for them to not understand what you say and you must set boundries not try. Your next question you don't keep wierdos away but you get rid of them fast.

Men think about sex and make everything sexual that you say, do, eat, drink and breathe. It is called nature. I suggest that if this happens every time you meet a man you may want to take inventory of the signals you put out there. Sometimes we say and do things that lead a man to believe we will be responsive to their call (primal that is). Then it is possible some men are just plain stupid.

One of my show stoppers is you don't know me or who I have been with and if you are like this with all women how do I know you are safe? How do you know I am safe? I am not willing to take that chance right now. Make sure you are not sending out mixed messages such as get away from me, come here, get away from me, come here.

You also want to meet them and keep them in public view if you are not sure of their motives. Good luck it is a cold cruel world out there
 Myrna43
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2006 9:18:00 PM
um one more thing. How many buttons do they have to unbutton before you catch on and why were you in a situation where you are near a bed with someone you do not know that well, did he drag you in there? If so that is punishable by law, but if you go willingly what did you think you are going to the bed to play scrabble?
 cedar77
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:55:45 AM
OP....
First of all I resent your making such a broad statement about guy's.
Secondly ..... maybe you don't know how to pick 'em .
Third ....In general I think by nature it's guy's role to push the envelope and girl's role to slap 'em ....LOL
Fourth ....there's plenty of women wierdo's
Fifth ......I have no fifth ...just wanted to type fifth (-:
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >