Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 english lass
Msg: 106
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
...i just had to go and check my profile pics to make sure no clutter is revealed...

*phew*

Wombat59
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:56:16 AM
wel i havent before .... but I sure will now lol
 SeanS0306
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/5/2009 3:55:03 PM

Yeah, get a gander on myspace .com and you'll see tons of people , every picture of them is with them with their friends drinking and getting drunk and a drink in hand.

Red flag.

I realize the post I quoted was from some time ago, but I think he was talking about an ex girlfriend of mine! EVERY picture on her myspace page was of her and her college friends, with a drink in her hand. In a few of the pictures, she was so bombed that she was literally cross-eyed when they took it.

When we broke up, I told her I thought she had a drinking problem (more like cheating when she was drunk, but that's a different story). When she denied it, I asked her which one of the 60+ pictures on her myspace page (all of which were public) showed her in a state of sobriety. She couldn't answer it, and actually had to look for one.

So, yeah ... drinks in every photo on a profile ... HUGE red flag ...
 jonash2007
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:46:00 PM
Ya, it says a lot about the person, especially the bedroom pics. I just LOVE seeing piles of dirty laundry strewn about. It is SO inviting. NOT.
 lollyred
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 3:44:33 AM
one guy had his profile pic of just his huuuge house! any1 4 a gold digger?!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/6/2009 7:43:25 AM
I always pay attention to backgrounds. If most show expensive "things" it tells me they are really proud of them, or they're showing off in order to make them look like an impressive catch. Either way I pass. Obviously, a bunch of mess or clutter in the background speaks volumes, too.

What irritates me almost as much are sideways pics. I've run across a lot of them, and some are even the "main" pic you see in their profile?

Even for the most computer illiterate it's not that hard to rotate a pic, people. Any photo editor can do it. If most have a printer or copier attached to their pc, the software that comes with it has an editor, guarantee it. If not you can literally download a "free" one off the net at sites like cnet or download.com.

I've even taken to writing some of the people in question and "offered" to rotate their pics myself...lol.
 cfb62
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 1:01:34 PM
Yes
I can't not roll my eyes when guys have pics of cars, boats, toys, or a bunch of women in their pics. SUCH a turn off!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/6/2009 5:14:53 PM
This one chic looked like she had a kennel in her trailor...5-6 dog cages stacked up.

She took a picture of a Tattoo on her leg while sitting, the carpet had big ol burn marks, spots and massive stains...

We're gonig out this weekend.
 Eir
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/6/2009 10:01:59 PM
I love the ones that have a person OBVIOUSLY scratched or photoshopped out of a picture. Like when they have their arm around a large white blank human-shaped object. I mean, can you not find/take a new picture of yourself in this day of phone cams and web cams, and..........what was that other thing...........oh yeah, regular cameras???

I'd rather you just left the person in!

Also (not in the background though), the people who take pics of themselves in mirrors and all you see is their arms and torso, because the camera is blocking their face.

Zombies walking around in the background would be pretty funny though....
 motownmaniax
Msg: 126
Posted: 1/7/2009 6:57:59 AM
Yep, if one can't crop the people out (maybe they're just too close, so removing them might remove some of you, too) I'd rather just have the person in the shot than see a big white blob or scratched out area...lol. You can always put a disclaimer in the caption to explain things. If it's of an ex then just use another pic; having them in your photos is a big no-no.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/7/2009 7:10:43 AM
*sigh* my web cam is broken...thank god.

One of the worst I've seen was a kid sitting on the floor in the back ground wearing a diaper.
 Luckyme620
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/7/2009 7:19:32 AM
I've always looked at the backgrounds. Its been said before, but the background really does tell alot about a person. Makes me want to go check out my own!
 CookieLady66
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/7/2009 8:05:11 AM
I only have access to the internet at work, so I took my camera into the company bathroom to use the mirror....I never realized what a boring, sterile room it was
 motownmaniax
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/7/2009 8:23:47 AM
Thankfully you omitted the toilets.
 Eir
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:02:56 PM
Oh my gosh, do people not know how to operate the 'flush' mechanism? LOL!!!!!

Of course now I just had to go check my photos. Bookshelves, window, door, inside of my car. Not bad. The last pic however......I can faintly make out my Yip Yip martians on top of my bookcase with their googly eyes and antennaes.....which is just funny.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:10:16 PM

Not to be bias, alot women hold the camera above their head to
capture cleavage, what's with that ?

In some instances, that's not such a bad thing.
 Eir
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/13/2009 10:45:10 PM
"Why sir, your collection of Bea Arthur posters is quite.....stunning.........."

*squealing tires*

EvilLolli
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:07:53 PM
You know before skimming this post I didn't. Then I was doing a local search and checked out this guy. He had a pic on his profile of his pants down on the toilet WTF?

So now I think I do pay more attention, and geez what an uncomfortable "eye-opener" that is. But hey if it filters the fish out there, all the better.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/14/2009 3:58:02 AM
^^^^ His attempt at gutter humor, I'm sure. Some think their "creativity" in such things is the height of wit and cleverness, but don't understand they just come off as stupid.

Mo
 GeetarplayinKCfan
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/14/2009 3:32:35 PM
I thought this website was just a giant game of "eye-spy"...

So far I've found the blue paper clip, 3 red marbles, 11 yellow ducks, 389 bottles of beer, 4802 red plastic cups, 5 lampshades with underwear hanging on them, a miniature cannon, 1 sewing needle and a toy airplane.

(yes I am very observant to all sorts of things...unless the girl has big boobs and they are directly in the camera, then I probably didnt notice anything else)
 casperella
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:08:10 PM
This thread is also funny because just about everyone commenting has no pic Are we hiding a dirty house? I dont have one cuz I'm underground and nobody wants to see my cave....hehe
 Eir
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/14/2009 10:20:08 PM
With teased hair and blue eyeshadow?
 EvilLolli
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 10:40:24 PM
Are there even any glamor shots still around? I thought those went the way or spandex pants.

hmmmmmmm I wonder if i put up a shot of me 10 yrs ago how it would work..........

Where did I put those prom pics?
 FunandFlirty1
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/15/2009 12:14:38 AM
What about the pics of the guys....... Have you ever just set your "rating" on MEN only and WOW...........I'm generally pretty generous...but come ON!! The ones that have pics taken in front of a white/tan big brick wall that looks like a state pen???? What about the psychotic "BLANK STARE" look, cuz they are taking the pic themself and don't have a clue what they look like until they turn the camera around, or the ever popular bathroom shots??? Now, I must admit, I'm guilty of a bathroom shot or two in my lifetime, because my bathroom is my "paradise" Decorated in a nice palm tree theme.....soothing colors and lots of BEACH stuff......since I live in this frozen HELL in Michigan... Anybody wanna play catch?
 CherylCake
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/15/2009 7:09:46 AM
I pay close attention to my background in my shots, because everything on here is meant to create an image. Not everyone is a photographer, but good Lord! Some of these pix are just plain laziness, pure & simple. Some guy had a shot of his mouth open with food in it. I'm gonna totally hit THAT.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >