Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 psyche1954
Msg: 84
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I have on post I have seen and it looks like cutouts of hime...in front of th epyramids, the wheite house and the taj mahal...LOL
 pinciperro
Msg: 85
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?
Posted: 12/25/2008 2:44:29 PM
This thread has been around awhile but it is probably because it is so hilarious.
I am guilty as charged! I ALWAYS check out the background.. do not know why.
I did notice one of those "picture in the mirror " photos. Herein lies the problem...
a couple of guys who had done this had so much crud on their mirror it was difficult to see their faces...
I kid you not. couldn't they see this before they posted the picture? All I wanted to do was clean their mirror, and not go out with them.
 dustcloud
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/25/2008 3:29:24 PM
I sure am glad someone brought this up. My teenage son decorated the tree and then got a wild hare. Instead of tinsel, he used underwear.
 CREngineer
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/25/2008 3:49:51 PM
Has anyone ever heard "don't judge the book by the cover" I think way too my much time and energy is spent with a microscope going over posted pictures! I do not believe in judging others especially that easily and would think those who do scrutinise pictures so close would not want the same done to them and maybe passed over due to something about their picture when in reality it is the person inside that should be the prime concern!
 readyornot57
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:28:09 PM
This isn't really background, but one woman in my state has this picture of herself (presumably) nude, lying next to a large stuffed tiger, with certain important parts of her covered by the tiger. In her profile she is fairly critical of certain types of people (pursuing everyday pursuits such as Nascar) and mentions several times that she will only be with someone who has a strong belief in God.

such a strange profile
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/25/2008 8:03:10 PM
^^^^^^^^
OMG that is funny!!!!

I don't really take much notice of the background in people's pics unless they are somewhere interesting and there is gorgeous scenery behind them.
 eyetech
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/26/2008 6:12:53 AM
I absolutlely do pay attention to what's in the background. It has nothing to with judging a person. I could careless how they choose to lead their life, but I'm certainly not downgrading my for any man and I do not expect them to downgrade theirs for me. I'm judged everyday by men who don't won't to even be friends with someone overweight, much less go on a date with them....That's life. I don't let it get me down.

I had a man email me once and here's how it went.... Hey Sexy! What's up? So I open up his profile and he is standing in front of a 1970's somthing trailer, 5-6 cinder blocks for door steps, a rusted out old, very old car jacked up on cinder blocks I'm assuming he took for the front door steps, and a tarp over part of the roof... The cover of his book gave him away before I even took time to read his profile....He had no job, very poor grammer, and he definately picked the best picture of the bunch for his profile picture, the others were apparently of the inside of his trailer. Ewww!

So here's the deal, did I judge that book by the cover, hell yeah! I work very hard for the nice, yet simple lifestyle I live.
 big22blue
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:36:48 AM
always! if you're willing to hang out dirty laundry, what do your shorts look like?
 sparklingseas
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:51:08 AM
on a Jewish dating site there was a guy's photo with him standing next to a Christmas tree!!
 Woodstar
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/26/2008 9:02:31 AM
I'm not the type to cruise profiles very often. Once in a while when I was extremely bored I would.

I dream of the day I can have a garden. I was out cruisin and found this guy sitting in front of a beautiful squash plant in a planter made of rocks. I stopped...read his profile...decided he wouldn't be interested in me and moved on.

Met a guy here. On our second date, I went to his house. There in his yard was a flower bed (empty...winter) made of rocks. He said he grew a squash plant in it last summer!

I'm surprised he didn't hear the snap in my neck when I did the double take!!!!

I did ask him if he had a pic of him with that plant on his profile once. He said as a matter of fact he did once. We got quite the laugh out of it.
 Holly4822
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:23:45 PM
OMG...that made me laugh! I would never contact some guys just because of their surroundings. A picture truly does speak a thousand words in some cases.
 Sensitive P. Ness
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:48:22 PM
Backgrounds are only interesting to me if the person in the foreground is uninteresting!
 sunshine0626
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/4/2009 1:52:12 PM
I totally pay attention to backgrounds. In addition to wanting more than one picture with different clothes and backgrounds of someone so I can see they're really who they claim to be, I look at the background. When I see messy rooms it makes me think this person is a slob.

I personally, when I do actually take a shot of myself, try to pay attention to the background. I'm not sure why I do it, but it's just a thing of mine. Unless, of course, I'm out somewhere. Not much I can do about that, I suppose.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/4/2009 3:42:22 PM
I definitely do! It can say a lot about the person. Sometimes it can even tell you how truthful they are about their life.

Some of these posts are hilarious. Especially the ones that have no pic and people aren't afraid to poke fun lol like the stuff about people living in a dump

One of my buddys ended up going to meet a girl he met online and she had the messiest place. On the porch she had bottles and bottles of cheap emptied Vodka plastic bottles all over it. He walked in and she had more full ones inside and asked him if he wanted a drink while the baby was in the crib screaming. Needless to say he he got out of there quick...after having sex with her of course. (yep my buddy is a male slut and will tell you so)
 One Last Cast
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/4/2009 4:14:33 PM
I never paid attention until I received a message from a fellow who made a comment about the drywall behind me in a pic of my bike...IN MY GARAGE
That's when I started paying attention...
 Sepia777
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/4/2009 4:19:39 PM
Indeed.. Its all in the details..I definitely take notice of whats in the background in a pic.. It reveals a lot about the person... like the buff guy who takes a pic himself showin off his 8 pk and pecs, a towel wrapped round his waist with dirty clothes hangin off the rack in background and a crummy lookin bathroom, tiles missing etc..LOL
 ashley4285
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:49:22 PM
It's funny that most of these posts are coming from people who don't even have a profile picture.

Personally, if a person lives in filth, I'm glad I can see it right away!

Maybe all of you without pictures should work on getting one. It doesn't really say a whole lot about you.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 7:10:32 PM
The feet in the bathroom stall behind her was my fav so far Somewhere in California is a woman who parks her Harley next to her bed, hope she doesn't mistake where the potty is at nite
 JustCallMeAmy
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:13:34 AM
I do.

And some cars have really nice interiors!

Has anyone figured out the reason behind all the "look at me, I'm driving" pictures?

I've rec'd compliments on my curtains!
 thecheekychick
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:14:32 AM
hahahaha ya I do!!

thats so funny you asked this question!
 TopsyCretts
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/5/2009 5:36:27 AM

OMG
not only are some messy, but they have 5 o'clock shadow, or a beergut hangin out, nasty t-shirts, total chaos....they are an instant no no. And if they messege me, there is always the "block" option that I hold near and dear to my heart...
 fritzle
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 6:31:54 AM
OMG this is so funny or I am just really naive! LOL! This guy contacted me and I looked at his profile. His back was to his computer and you could see on his screen a picture of a woman handcuffed to a bed! Now I talked to him for a bit, several messages, before I got what he was into. In my own defense its been many years since I've dated and I was not aware that I needed to make sure and look at every little thing in someone's photo! LOL! OMG I was totally flabberghasted when he finally came right out and asked me how long I'd been doing the dom/sub thing! Holy cow, I about fell out of my chair. Thing of it is, he was just as embarassed that I hadn't gotten it as he thought he had been clear about what he was looking for. Totally my fault, just not paying very close attention as I have found you must here in the world of internet dating! LOL!

I also am not a fan of photos that all have the guy drinking in them or holding a beer or in a bar, etc. Yes I drink socially, but not every time and it's just a bit of a turn off for me.
 english lass
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:10:13 AM
...i just had to go and check my profile pics to make sure no clutter is revealed...

*phew*

llorimer
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:44:30 AM
my favorite is the quality of the pictures. i don't know how many dates ive been on, id say about 5, where the pictures where so grainy and so distant i had to screen on the phone to figure out not only was it the picture of the person on the profile but if she was the correct figure-athletic, avg. etc... all 5 of the dates the gals end up being bbws!! (lied on the phone) one glance upon their arrival and im backpedaling to figure out a way out of the date. you'd think id learn my lesson by now. recent pictures ladies, please! my favorite is the ones with the 80's hairstyles, yearbook photos and pics taken with novelty items you know came out of the 70's & 80's.
 Wombat59
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:56:16 AM
wel i havent before .... but I sure will now lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >