Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sparklingseas
Msg: 92
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
on a Jewish dating site there was a guy's photo with him standing next to a Christmas tree!!
 Woodstar
Msg: 93
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?
Posted: 12/26/2008 9:02:31 AM
I'm not the type to cruise profiles very often. Once in a while when I was extremely bored I would.

I dream of the day I can have a garden. I was out cruisin and found this guy sitting in front of a beautiful squash plant in a planter made of rocks. I stopped...read his profile...decided he wouldn't be interested in me and moved on.

Met a guy here. On our second date, I went to his house. There in his yard was a flower bed (empty...winter) made of rocks. He said he grew a squash plant in it last summer!

I'm surprised he didn't hear the snap in my neck when I did the double take!!!!

I did ask him if he had a pic of him with that plant on his profile once. He said as a matter of fact he did once. We got quite the laugh out of it.
 Holly4822
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:23:45 PM
OMG...that made me laugh! I would never contact some guys just because of their surroundings. A picture truly does speak a thousand words in some cases.
 Sensitive P. Ness
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:48:22 PM
Backgrounds are only interesting to me if the person in the foreground is uninteresting!
 sunshine0626
Msg: 96
Posted: 1/4/2009 1:52:12 PM
I totally pay attention to backgrounds. In addition to wanting more than one picture with different clothes and backgrounds of someone so I can see they're really who they claim to be, I look at the background. When I see messy rooms it makes me think this person is a slob.

I personally, when I do actually take a shot of myself, try to pay attention to the background. I'm not sure why I do it, but it's just a thing of mine. Unless, of course, I'm out somewhere. Not much I can do about that, I suppose.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/4/2009 3:42:22 PM
I definitely do! It can say a lot about the person. Sometimes it can even tell you how truthful they are about their life.

Some of these posts are hilarious. Especially the ones that have no pic and people aren't afraid to poke fun lol like the stuff about people living in a dump

One of my buddys ended up going to meet a girl he met online and she had the messiest place. On the porch she had bottles and bottles of cheap emptied Vodka plastic bottles all over it. He walked in and she had more full ones inside and asked him if he wanted a drink while the baby was in the crib screaming. Needless to say he he got out of there quick...after having sex with her of course. (yep my buddy is a male slut and will tell you so)
 One Last Cast
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/4/2009 4:14:33 PM
I never paid attention until I received a message from a fellow who made a comment about the drywall behind me in a pic of my bike...IN MY GARAGE
That's when I started paying attention...
 Sepia777
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/4/2009 4:19:39 PM
Indeed.. Its all in the details..I definitely take notice of whats in the background in a pic.. It reveals a lot about the person... like the buff guy who takes a pic himself showin off his 8 pk and pecs, a towel wrapped round his waist with dirty clothes hangin off the rack in background and a crummy lookin bathroom, tiles missing etc..LOL
 ashley4285
Msg: 100
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:49:22 PM
It's funny that most of these posts are coming from people who don't even have a profile picture.

Personally, if a person lives in filth, I'm glad I can see it right away!

Maybe all of you without pictures should work on getting one. It doesn't really say a whole lot about you.
 JustCallMeAmy
Msg: 102
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:13:34 AM
I do.

And some cars have really nice interiors!

Has anyone figured out the reason behind all the "look at me, I'm driving" pictures?

I've rec'd compliments on my curtains!
 thecheekychick
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/5/2009 1:14:32 AM
hahahaha ya I do!!

thats so funny you asked this question!
 TopsyCretts
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/5/2009 5:36:27 AM

OMG
not only are some messy, but they have 5 o'clock shadow, or a beergut hangin out, nasty t-shirts, total chaos....they are an instant no no. And if they messege me, there is always the "block" option that I hold near and dear to my heart...
 english lass
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:10:13 AM
...i just had to go and check my profile pics to make sure no clutter is revealed...

*phew*

llorimer
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:44:30 AM
my favorite is the quality of the pictures. i don't know how many dates ive been on, id say about 5, where the pictures where so grainy and so distant i had to screen on the phone to figure out not only was it the picture of the person on the profile but if she was the correct figure-athletic, avg. etc... all 5 of the dates the gals end up being bbws!! (lied on the phone) one glance upon their arrival and im backpedaling to figure out a way out of the date. you'd think id learn my lesson by now. recent pictures ladies, please! my favorite is the ones with the 80's hairstyles, yearbook photos and pics taken with novelty items you know came out of the 70's & 80's.
 Wombat59
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:56:16 AM
wel i havent before .... but I sure will now lol
 SeanS0306
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/5/2009 3:55:03 PM

Yeah, get a gander on myspace .com and you'll see tons of people , every picture of them is with them with their friends drinking and getting drunk and a drink in hand.

Red flag.

I realize the post I quoted was from some time ago, but I think he was talking about an ex girlfriend of mine! EVERY picture on her myspace page was of her and her college friends, with a drink in her hand. In a few of the pictures, she was so bombed that she was literally cross-eyed when they took it.

When we broke up, I told her I thought she had a drinking problem (more like cheating when she was drunk, but that's a different story). When she denied it, I asked her which one of the 60+ pictures on her myspace page (all of which were public) showed her in a state of sobriety. She couldn't answer it, and actually had to look for one.

So, yeah ... drinks in every photo on a profile ... HUGE red flag ...
 twister239
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:15:02 PM
I always look in the background , its like they say "every picture tells a story" .

T
 Helen1967
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:30:15 PM
Yes, I pay attention to background. Mainly I look for books. I don't rule out those who don't show any, but it's a plus if they do.

I also look at where they are. Not as a rule-in or rule-out thing, but as something to talk about - if some photos are in a really interesting place, I want to hear more about it!

Maybe I've just been lucky, I haven't run across anything I'd find weird, personally.
 HoneyI`mHome
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:30:51 PM
i was just over on another site when a guy had emailed me there.. i looked at his pictures.. he was sitting.. are you ready for this???.. on a bunk bed (he had two pictures on him on his bunk bed!)!.. at first i thought he had lived in an un-finished basement until i had to (i almost literally had to put my glasses on to see!.. ) look closer!.. ok i have my fetishes but i can guarantee bunk beds are not one of them!.. ..
 jonash2007
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:46:00 PM
Ya, it says a lot about the person, especially the bedroom pics. I just LOVE seeing piles of dirty laundry strewn about. It is SO inviting. NOT.
 besitosdedulce
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/5/2009 10:39:15 PM
eww the worse is when they are in a restroom and the bath tub is all dirty LOL
 lollyred
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 3:44:33 AM
one guy had his profile pic of just his huuuge house! any1 4 a gold digger?!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/6/2009 7:43:25 AM
I always pay attention to backgrounds. If most show expensive "things" it tells me they are really proud of them, or they're showing off in order to make them look like an impressive catch. Either way I pass. Obviously, a bunch of mess or clutter in the background speaks volumes, too.

What irritates me almost as much are sideways pics. I've run across a lot of them, and some are even the "main" pic you see in their profile?

Even for the most computer illiterate it's not that hard to rotate a pic, people. Any photo editor can do it. If most have a printer or copier attached to their pc, the software that comes with it has an editor, guarantee it. If not you can literally download a "free" one off the net at sites like cnet or download.com.

I've even taken to writing some of the people in question and "offered" to rotate their pics myself...lol.
 cfb62
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 1:01:34 PM
Yes
I can't not roll my eyes when guys have pics of cars, boats, toys, or a bunch of women in their pics. SUCH a turn off!
 mp_blueeyed_boy
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:44:47 PM
I definitely try to pay very close attention to the backgrounds of photos.... sometimes you can learn quite a bit about their lifestyle choices. I'm an avid "stop taking my picture or I'll break your camera" kind of guy myself, so finding pictures to put on here is difficult. But I would never put up something from a place I wasn't real proud of. Like a dirty houseparty or whatnot. I think people just don't realize what kind of a view the vast majority of the populus will draw from a simple picture. Like someone said earlier, a woman with a picture of herself in lingerie warning guys only interested in sex.... well, you get what you advertise for, sorry. I'm usually fairly old school about dating so I try to stay away from people with pictures like that personally, but I mean... plenty of guys out there have strong game, so if all they want is some nooky and you've got a picture like that posted... guess what?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >