Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motownmaniax
Msg: 143
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
^^^^ His attempt at gutter humor, I'm sure. Some think their "creativity" in such things is the height of wit and cleverness, but don't understand they just come off as stupid.

Mo
 GeetarplayinKCfan
Msg: 146
Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?
Posted: 1/14/2009 3:32:35 PM
I thought this website was just a giant game of "eye-spy"...

So far I've found the blue paper clip, 3 red marbles, 11 yellow ducks, 389 bottles of beer, 4802 red plastic cups, 5 lampshades with underwear hanging on them, a miniature cannon, 1 sewing needle and a toy airplane.

(yes I am very observant to all sorts of things...unless the girl has big boobs and they are directly in the camera, then I probably didnt notice anything else)
 casperella
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:08:10 PM
This thread is also funny because just about everyone commenting has no pic Are we hiding a dirty house? I dont have one cuz I'm underground and nobody wants to see my cave....hehe
 Eir
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/14/2009 10:20:08 PM
With teased hair and blue eyeshadow?
 EvilLolli
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 10:40:24 PM
Are there even any glamor shots still around? I thought those went the way or spandex pants.

hmmmmmmm I wonder if i put up a shot of me 10 yrs ago how it would work..........

Where did I put those prom pics?
 FunandFlirty1
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/15/2009 12:14:38 AM
What about the pics of the guys....... Have you ever just set your "rating" on MEN only and WOW...........I'm generally pretty generous...but come ON!! The ones that have pics taken in front of a white/tan big brick wall that looks like a state pen???? What about the psychotic "BLANK STARE" look, cuz they are taking the pic themself and don't have a clue what they look like until they turn the camera around, or the ever popular bathroom shots??? Now, I must admit, I'm guilty of a bathroom shot or two in my lifetime, because my bathroom is my "paradise" Decorated in a nice palm tree theme.....soothing colors and lots of BEACH stuff......since I live in this frozen HELL in Michigan... Anybody wanna play catch?
 CherylCake
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/15/2009 7:09:46 AM
I pay close attention to my background in my shots, because everything on here is meant to create an image. Not everyone is a photographer, but good Lord! Some of these pix are just plain laziness, pure & simple. Some guy had a shot of his mouth open with food in it. I'm gonna totally hit THAT.
 Ender330
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 3:02:18 PM
Ha ha...hey I like my photos!!!

I can't help it if I have a Hummer, Escalade and a BMW in the backgrounds! Hey...I can take a photo of all 3 of them together with the keys in hand if you like....Hmm I can add a Corvette to the photos too...

Lil Wayne said, "Bxxch I'm Paid, Thats All I Gotta Say
Can't see you Lil Nxxxa, Cuz The Money In The Way
And I'm, I'm Sitting High, A Gansta Ride Blades
If You Ain't Gone Ride Fly Than You Might As Well Hate "
 outdrsgal
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 3:22:13 PM
The question reminds me of the picture on e-bay the was sent around awhile back.

This guy took a picture of a dining set he wanted to sell. He forgot there was a mirror behind the dining set. Did not take a good look at it before he sent it out. The picture has his reflection in it. He was naked with belly hanging and camera over his face (thank goodness). Oops!
 Peter_not_Dave
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 5:52:12 PM
Now you're talking Fishy Forensics!

Yep, analyzing photos beyond the foreground yields telling details.

I saw a profile the other day, and every one of the four photos of this woman was of her with her cheek up against the face of some dude who was just barely cropped out of the shot. Every one. That's not optimal either, huh?
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 7:52:08 PM
This was on another site and a couple of years ago. A guy from another area buzzed me and wanted to chat. He had about 5 or 6 pics posted, all very nice. One was even a nice picture of him in gray knit boxer briefs.

The problem was, the boxer briefs had a wet spot on the front. I pointed it out to him. He claimed not to have noticed. I'm wondering how he didn't notice that. I certainly didn't have a problem zeroing in on that.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:10:24 AM
Maybe she's afraid you'll run over her instead?
 Perfctly_Imperfct
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/18/2009 9:27:16 AM
I mostly notice messy rooms haha...and then they wonder why people aren't returning their messages or are ignoring them

=============================================

Eww, this one guy was showing my a picture of his kitten sleeping on his monitor (which looked adorable) and I had to point out that the mouse in the pic looked disgusting! Like chocolate or pudding got on it!! :puke:
 OKBill
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/5/2009 2:25:01 PM
A Personals Ad in a Maine newspaper: "Looking for woman who knows how to fish, bait, and clean with own boat. Send picture of boat."

Yep, some people just aren't thinking of the "whole" picture. Funniest I saw was badly (maybe on purpose?) pasted on top over a picture of the "Breakers" in Newport, Rhode Island captioned: "Me at my summer place."

The worst picture use were from three separate women who had pictures of their daughter instead of themselves. The reason they used is: "Everybody says we look so much alike, and I didn't have any recent ones of me so, I used hers." Arrgghh!
 BionicDork
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/5/2009 5:14:04 PM
Hahaha...YES!!! Especially when there's some sort of dead animal head hanging on the wall. I also love the pics where the person isn't even in it...it's like "here's my bike"..."here's a boat"...."here's a a dead dear I killed" (which means a.) he has guns and b.) he's killed before!!!) . I also like it when EVERY photo a guy has has another woman (or two) in it....like okay, we get it, women aren't afraid to be next to you!!! It does kindof irk me the way some pics are just gross.. like 'step right up ladies, dontca want some of this....here's me...and the tupperware containing the food I started eating last week next to the tub of my Atheletes Foot cream....". There was a photo on another site I was on where the guy was standing by his entertainment center and clearly in site was a dvd called "Shemale Road Trip 14"....now THAT'S entertainment!!! Okay, I'm done ****in!
 kenfla38
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/5/2009 5:29:20 PM
Absolutely... The background or setting of someone's pictures can often tell you a lot about them, who they are, and what they enjoy... Are they sky diving? on a tropical beach? Skiing?Playing a sport? ... OR in a "dive bar" with friends and family most of whom are missing teeth?... Is she standing in her yard in front of an old rusted car on blocks with flowers planted in the trunk? ... Is she standing in front of a trailer park or in a neighborhood where you might not necessarily feel comfortable? Is she posing with her X-husband who looks as if he's spent some "quality" time in jail?

Picture backgrounds can give you some insight into who someone is...
 Eir
Msg: 174
Posted: 3/8/2009 11:32:36 PM
ha ha ha.......hoo boy. Oh and I just noticed that one of my pictures was taken at a friends house, and there are SO many knick-knacks and things in the background. Nothing incriminating I guess, but a rather bright blue watering can! Hee hee.
 bettied
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 3:43:57 AM
This is so funny!! What about the guy lookin for a nice girl,yet his profile has a pic of him and a babe?
 ridiculi00
Msg: 177
Posted: 3/9/2009 5:42:16 PM
Backgrounds say a hell of a lot about a person for sure, from the macho guy in the weight room, to all those guys in front of their bmw's etc, and the girls in front of racks of liquor lol she could be a bartender...... or not.....
As For the cleavage its called an angle pic, promoting the cleavage so as not to notice the rest of the body is a bit thicker too. No offense but these girls (and some guys) do it all the time, its trickery i tell you! but i cant stand it, take pics that are true to you seriously! O and the whole not into sex thing, maybe they arent but that doesnt mean they dont want the sexual attention they get
 barbee1970
Msg: 183
Posted: 3/13/2009 10:25:35 PM
Yes, I look. If I see him all happy-go-lucky with another woman. One guy looks kind of smug on a boat or beach, and ah, yes, the dirty, cluttered house ones. If I see the other woman I won't even consider him.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2009 7:40:02 PM
Funny Posts! I like this forum topic!

Things I notice:

1) tacky --ex's arm around the girl and her face so close to the crop mark. Sometimes the edge of the photo right up to the side of her cheek. Funny.

2) dirty bathroom mirrors.

3) this I see often -- for God's sake, girls!
You're here to get a date yourself, not to get a date for your best friend and you're sabotaging yourself if she looks like she's got it all together more than you!
I won't pose beside a more macho, more stylish looking guy even if he is my best friend. That would sabotage me as well.
 biggfred
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:25:18 AM
The one that really gets me is when you see a pic with a "time/date" stamp on it from the camera....and it's five years old....actually had a woman once a pic substitution on me when we met.....funny, when I saw her in person finally, she was at least ten years older, and fifty pounds heavier. Turns out she used her sister's pic. I must admit they did resemble each other somewhat- but I was done right there. If they're doing that kind of crap now, what other types of deceptions and half truths do I have to look forward to?
 HSJS
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:19:03 PM
I saw a picture of a lady laying on a lounge with a man. I thought it was peculiar and wrote to her to ask why she would put a picture like that on her profile. She wrote back and told me, it was a wax effigy of Hugh Heffner, taken at a wax museum. I could not resist and asked her if Hugh Hefner was able get it up, any longer.
 HSJS
Msg: 190
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:23:42 PM
I am going to Huffman Koos and have some pics taken there. That way everyone will think that I have great taste in furniture and that I am living large.
 Bri092560
Msg: 191
Posted: 3/18/2009 9:10:02 AM
"I am going to Huffman Koos and have some pics taken there. That way everyone will think that I have great taste in furniture and that I am living large".

That's a great one and I think I'll head to a couple model homes for my next pics...

I definitely need more of my own pictures but every pic I have that wasn't taken by myself has my kids in it.

But the ones that irk me the most are the cleavage shots and basically that's all you get. Is the bus that's trailing them the short school bus or the full sized yellow one? I have nothing against BBW but don't try to hide it by saying you have a few extra pounds, is it a few or many???

Clutter Clutter Clutter... At least find a clean wall as a background or go to a park with a few trees in it. I'd honestly rather see the clutter so I know who to avoid.

Every picture is somewhere in Europe or on a beach. Travel is great but are you ever home? I should go to the zoo and say I was on an Africa safari.

And of course the pics where the woman is always at a bar and usually surrounded by guys or drunk girlfriends. The occasional one out of a few is ok but not in every pic please.

Now it's time for me to find or take a few pics of myself instead of the faraway one that shows off my inefficient fireplace.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >