Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Are All The Good Ones Taken?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whitetrash885
Msg: 1
Why Are All The Good Ones Taken?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Why does it seem that no matter how badly a heart is broken,someone always comes along and does even more damage? Does it seem that all the a-hole guys get the sweetest women?
 whitetrash885
Msg: 3
Why Are All The Good Ones Taken?
Posted: 3/17/2006 12:40:50 PM
im not getting into my beliefs on religion,but I do know that true love is selfless.when its true love,you give all you have and asking nothing in return,you are given back what you give unconditionally.
 NatGoat
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/4/2007 12:20:47 AM
All I can offer is to look into how I invented my Name . .
there MUST be a Nice, Sweet, Intelligent Lady out there . . looking for someone Special . . !!!
. . . .
 Pete73052
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/4/2007 7:26:42 PM
I think I may have found a good one. I think I'll know soon.
 john52758
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 9:30:23 PM
^^^^ I hope you did too... Keep us posted.
 Pete73052
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/5/2007 8:41:14 AM
I sure hope so. It sounds like distance may be a problem.
 rockstar458
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/5/2007 12:47:10 PM
The original post is really much more complex than it seems at first.

Why are the seemingly "nice" girls with the seeming jerky guys? Well, in many cases, the "nice" girl has serious esteem issues. She believes that she doesn't deserve any better than the jerk, or that maybe the jerk is what she deserves because she needs to atone for something. Since high school, I've always seen the prettiest girls with guys that treat them like dirt. It's a truism.

Why do people who think they are "givers" hurt so often? Because "being a giver" is often a form of manipulation. A person "gives" to someone and says that they are being generous, but in reality they are creating a debt. They want the recipient to "owe" them. Trouble is, the other person is rarely in on the deal. So you read stuff like:
"I gave and gave and all he/she did was take."
Um, yes. You gave, they took. That's the definition of giving.
"Yes, but they never gave me what I needed!"
Um, did you ASK for what you wanted?
"No. They should KNOW!"

Why are the same people hurt in the same way repeatedly? They seek out the same type of person repeatedly: either someone they feel that they deserve or someone they feel they can manipulate.

A wise person once said, "The only common factor in all your failed relationships is you." There's something to be said for self-examination.
 aphrodite123
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:07:17 PM
It looks like distance is a problem for me too
 Pete73052
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/5/2007 7:08:48 PM
Boy doesn't that suck.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:09:28 PM
I'm a true believer in what you believe you will create (or attract)

If you believe all the good ones are taken...then that's what will happen, for you.

If you believe all men want is sex...that's the ones you will meet.

If you believe all women are gold-diggers..welll... you'll get those types

Don't know why it works this way..it just does
 Vivek_Golikeri
Msg: 12
view profile
History
the Bible has no more authority to me than Tolkien
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:47:59 PM
I believe that God is an abstract power that operates the universe automatically by due process of universal law. Not some kind of supernatural person who issues commands like a king. The Bible? Well that's basically the ancient Jewish equivalent of Greek mythology. A blending together or facts and fairy tales, and it's often hard to see exactly where one turns into the other. Basically, it is compendium of everything the ancient Israelites believed.
 mcbobly
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:45 AM
All the good ones aren't taken. I'm not taken, but I suppose it will take a very special lady to be able to give me a chance and prove I'm a good one.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/9/2007 2:01:37 PM

Why does it seem that no matter how badly a heart is broken,someone always comes along and does even more damage? Does it seem that all the a-hole guys get the sweetest women?

You are only breakable if you allow it. If your heart is strong, steadfast in it's wants/desires/and the knowledge of what hurt you in the past, you can avoid those situations in the future. You can only be "damaged" if you allow it.

Most azzholes I know date biitches, so I quess I don't see it this way. I find like minds work best together. A very sweet woman isn't likely to stick with a jerk for too long ~ however, what you consider an azz/jerk may not be viewed as what I would consider someone with those traits. I know my ex was considered a "player" ~ he certainly wasn't when he was married to me.....best man I've EVER had in my life. One's woman trash is another's treasure. I never stereotype or judge, you never know how two people interact unless you are one of those two people.
 Cecilia1956
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/15/2007 2:49:23 AM
Posted: 3/17/2006 1210 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's called "law of attraction". You are thinking this so you attract this. This positive and state out loud what you want and what you will have and you will receive just that!
You want a bad day, then cry about how bad it's gonna be and bang! you got it!

You think you're handsome or beautiful then you feel it and show it and you've got it written all over your face!

So come on! Stop the whining! Put that wonderful face on and get what you want!!!!!
 genegem
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/15/2007 4:38:14 AM
"According to a poll, Bill Clinton has emerged as an asset in his wife's campaign, with 60% of Americans saying they would be comfortable with him as first husband. While 71% of women say they'd be extremely comfortable with him as a second husband." --Amy Poehler
 gageforfun
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/15/2007 12:49:05 PM
Let me answer the topic question with another one: Do you meet your own criteria for what is good?????

Or:
Do you only want what you can't have???
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/15/2007 12:59:36 PM

~OP~ You can only be a victim once, unless you continue to allow it. And for every azzhole out there, there is a least one woman who misses him. For every sweet woman, there is at least one man thinking, "I'm so frickin' glad that's over." People are just people. Only YOU can decide what you will allow or not in your life. If you invite heartbreak ~ expect it. If you figure out WHO you truly are, what you are willing to live with/without ~ you'll probably be on the road to better relationships. It's within YOU, not someone else. JMO
 Clev_48
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2007 12:13:02 PM
The real reason of this . Is all these site are the same people on these are ALL PICKY
reason for that is past relationships so try to find someone thru a friend it worked for me those are the people that can help you the most "Friends" not strangers on these sites been there met women & if you notice some of you has been on here for a looooonnng time what's up with that ? It's like going to a local club all you see are regulars . But walk in a club that you never been to ahhhhhhhhh the your fresh meat so to say

tks for reading chow
 naeco
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/24/2007 11:12:48 AM

All the good ones aren't taken.

That's exactly right. Not that I blame the women, but I think it would help some of them to get some advice on weeding out the bad ones from the good. For instance, good guys aren't going to be the first ones replying to profile that say "looking for good times", "just need some loving", or one's with pictures of the girls half dressed. Sure, good guys LIKE to see that, but they aren't going to start a relationship with someone based on that kind of thing.
 jandm1410
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 12:49:00 PM
Where not all taken yet! There are alot of horror stories from both side!
Good Luck! Hope you find what you are looking for.

Calvin
 DemonLeather
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/28/2007 1:11:39 AM
WhitTrash885 said: "Why does it seem that no matter how badly a heart is broken,someone always comes along and does even more damage? Does it seem that all the a-hole guys get the sweetest women? "

Well,. maybe you should start with the "bad-ones" first... You have to approach it like I do: expect nothing, or something bad... that way, ANYTHING that happens that is nice, or good, is a pleasant surprise and exceeds ALL expectations... It REALLY IS a 2-way street, your sex has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why Are All The Good Ones Taken?