Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 catman50
Msg: 783
Dating Someone On WelfarePage 33 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I would DATE a single mom on welfare . WHY ? very simple . because THEY KNOW what life is like . single moms who have very little money know , money is hard to get . ALL those who put people down for being on welfare . STOP AND THINK . Did the man who made the kid still around ? Why ? do so many say " oh that person is on welfare . loser " . the biggest loser is in washington . there is two types of welfare . the ones we get . and then you have corprate welfare . YOU are paying corprate welfare . with bailing out banks and " cash for clunkers . " congress and Obama are ALL the ones who caused " corprate welfare . " that right . WAIT til you come home and EVERYTHING you worked for is gone . you come home to empty house . BY the time ALL this happens it's too late .
 Quazi 100
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Dating Someone On Welfare
Posted: 8/6/2009 4:18:05 PM

You know I have been in both situations, in my life. When I was younger with young children in the home, I had no other choice. If I worked then they did not provide with food stamps/ extra income, or medical like they do today. Then it was either work and hope and pray you could pay the bills in a single person household. And ask relative who did not need the money to watch your kids while you worked.

Keep in mind, that had you been a MAN, supporting a family, you would have made a much larger wage, than a woman in the same situation........
 Quazi 100
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Dating Someone On Welfare
Posted: 8/6/2009 6:23:55 PM

^^^I'm not sure I understand your comment. Are you saying that a man would earn a larger wage than a woman? That isn't always true, you know. I've earned more than almost every guy I've dated. I'm a single mom. Just wanted to point out that plenty of single moms make good salaries. Not all are struggling.

I'm referring to VeryMatureWoman's post.

A man earning a larger wage than a woman was much more common during the time period that Very Mature Woman is referring to.
 Quazi 100
Msg: 791
view profile
History
Dating Someone On Welfare **
Posted: 8/7/2009 9:42:39 AM

^^Well it all comes down her decision and her choice, whether she chooses to stay with him or not. Of course lets just say that if he ****s up,or cheat on her, then he's definitely pushing her to that breaking point. But no matter wht, she still has the last say.

He beats the crap out of her, she gets scared, and she decides to take the child and leave.

She has no money, no transportation, and her family and friends all live far away. Now what?
 Quazi 100
Msg: 792
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2009 7:56:39 PM
^^^Well thats her f*ckin problem and her tough shit then. Of course she still has that choice of staying with him and trying to work things out, thru counseling, therapy, or whatevers. But of course her taking the kid with her is nothing new, cause most mommys in situations like that would probably do the same thing too.

How about going to councelling before he beat the crap out of her.

And if it were me, I wouldn't want to leave my child with an abusive man.....

jacob8088
Msg: 793
Posted: 9/20/2009 12:54:42 PM
^^^Yeah he can try going to councelling, bt if he's a really violent guy, good luck with that one.

OP, speaking for myself, I would never date a single mom on welfare abusing the system.Hell fr*ckin no.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 795
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:22:27 PM

I would never date a single mom on welfare abusing the system.Hell fr*ckin no.

not everyone who has accepted help from the government is abusing it. I'm not ashamed to say I've gotten help. I made 1500-2000 a week, then the hospital called and said my ex had my son and was sent back to jail. So with a two day old baby that can't go to daycare till two months when he gets his shot. How was I to work?I got help till I was able to go back to work. And still recieve medicaid for the kids. Does that make me a loser too? I've paid taxes for almost 30 years and think if I need some help to get back on my feet I deserve it. Oh, I also am eligable for WIC does that make me a loser too?
 jacob8088
Msg: 796
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:32:41 PM
^^^Well of course you gotta do what you gotta do to survive right? I agree, nothing to be ashamed of. You don't need to explain no more.

BTW I never said everyone of them is abusing the system, just so you know.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 797
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:38:01 PM
Thats ok, I did feel like a loser in the begining but it is all about what you have to do for the kids, peace
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >