Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt1
Msg: 98
Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?Page 2 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
I just put that, because most people don't own much, are think of 401K, and investments. Most people are good to own one place. The things people fight over is crazy.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 99
Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:51:37 AM
Sam they really work best for people who are older and
not just starting out. Usually by middle age most people
have collected some assets.. if even a 401K

My doctor when he divorced told me his wife got half
his 401K...
They had only been married 4 years...
he had been putting into his 401K for 25 years.

She also was to get child support on thier 2 kids for the next
18 years.... he told me it came to over a million dollars.
She also kept the house, which she could afford now
with the money she was getting from him. He was very
upset and hurt. All he did was complain.....
so I made sure he didnt charge me for office visists when I had
to be his therapist.
For some reason he told me all his issues in his life.
Guess he trusted me... and needed someone to talk to
?

some women and men plan these things out....
so everyone has to be careful as you cant tell when meeting someone
what is in their heart
 sammysalt1
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:03:26 AM
I live by one rule do on to others as you would have them do on to you. I think its a good rule.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 101
Posted: 3/19/2006 9:11:40 AM
if life were only so easy
 philrook
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:53:20 AM
Pre-nups are interesting.

If the cost of a pre-nup is a drop in the bucket compared to what you're protecting then its well worth it.

My buddy had ownership of his families assets, million dollar cottage, couple of homes (Toronto, Ottawa), boat ... you know how it can be when you're parents are getting up there.

So he falls in love with this woman who just came out of a horrendous divorce. They get married, no pre-nup, have a kid and now shes out of there. 4 years later and she now has a cool couple million in assets. He lost the one house and the cottage and not only is he screwed but so are his parents.

I think he should have had a pre-nup.
 Lynlin1957
Msg: 105
Posted: 3/19/2006 10:55:51 AM
Frankly I would sign a pre-nup, and list everything I already own right down to my costurme jewelry. I have no intentions of being forced to sell my house because I made a bad relationship choice.
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/19/2006 3:56:43 PM
I would have no problem signing a prenuptial agreement.......as long as it goes both ways....for one simple fact....!

If I were going to marry a man....it would be because I loved him with all my heart and soul...and well....THAT my friends has nothing to do with how much money he has....

I have been married twice....gave the first one the house and his car.....and didnt make him any child support...

second one....he kept his stuff...I kept mine......

I think men get treated unfairly......I think in the real world.....if things were always fair....

then whatever you come into this marriage with you leave with....whatever we earn together ..we split down the middle.......children...well...you take care of them when they are with you and I will take care of them when they are with me......except if one person has the majority of responsibility....then child support comes into play...but then BOTH parties income should count.....not just one..

but I seriously doubt there are ANY women on this earth that would agree with me..!!!!

but then I knew I was one of a kind.....hehe....btw.....I am honest also....you guys....LMAo

kisses......SheDevil.......
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 129
Posted: 4/5/2006 5:13:46 AM
No, it is saying you know you will fail, and you want to be ready.
 sayonara7
Msg: 138
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:40:25 AM
You are a fool Cyrix! Look at Donald Trump, why is he rich ?Because he has brains.Why is he still getting wives ?Because he is rich.Why is he not being ruined by all the alimony even after 3 divorces?Because he has enough brains to make a pre-nup!

I hope you get it now.No matter how much you love a person, you need to think of yourself too, unless its one of those , ''I can die for you" or better yet, "I can live in a poor hut with/for you" kind of love.If thats the case, I salute you, but if you love yourself as much as you love your wife, make a freaking pre-nup!
 sayonara7
Msg: 140
Posted: 4/6/2006 9:46:29 AM
Well said Felanie...I'm not supporting anyone to go to med school only for him to leave me in the end, well if he wants to support me to go to med school, its fine with me.lol.

Atleast I know I won't ever leave him then...lol....
 9fires
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2006 8:50:28 AM
If I was a millionaire... I'd make em sign it... If I was marrying a millionairess (sp?) I'd graciously advise her against it... :)
 sanktspirit
Msg: 184
Posted: 4/9/2006 12:01:40 AM
I will never marry in the legal way again so a prenup is unnecessary. We can exchange our vows to God without involving the state. (This of course is providing I find my soulmate in this lifetme).
 sexygirlbluv
Msg: 194
Posted: 4/20/2006 6:32:20 PM
i u want me and i trust u i can sign
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 200
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:06:49 AM
hell no....break a brotha off......i want half...
 rahowa
Msg: 201
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:08:59 AM
hey nigga, i think that's the point of a pre nup-so you get what's yours, not half^^^
 BIG NIGGA
Msg: 202
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:11:02 AM
if i marry a gurl wit cash....if she ask me to sign i wont do it....if we divorce i want half her cash......
 rahowa
Msg: 203
Posted: 4/21/2006 12:12:44 AM
so you want half HER cash? lmao. yoos a funny brotha, my brotha.
 mizz_
Msg: 204
Posted: 6/11/2006 3:06:45 PM
i would not sign a prenup SO i could get half!!!
this is my sanario.....

we meet fall in love..
he asks"will you sighn a prenup"
then i get offended cause "i would never do anything to you i will be happy to leave with what i have helped to bring to the home".
anyway cut a long story short when he says i want a devorce i would get all mad and bitter(for some reason most women do) and then i would TAKE HIM FOR ALL I COULD!!
 greg3264
Msg: 206
Posted: 6/11/2006 4:12:34 PM
Ah, yes. There's the way of it. Get 'em for all you can. Peace on you and your future, m'dear.

My lady love is an attorney, and we've discussed this very thing in detail. Looks like we'll have quite the complex contract if we get to that stage, but as I've learned in business, the only time you ever need or read the contract is when things go bad.

I don't plan on burning down my factory, but I do carry insurance. I know the FAA will pay their bill, but I made them sign a contract and PO before we started work.

Prenups are probably a good idea in a country with a 50% divorce rate. It doesn't mean anyone gets ripped off, it means that in the event of a catastrophic relationship failure (there's an engineer talking!) everyone gets what was agreed to when things were calm and rational as opposed to on fire and bullets flyin' as it were.

My ex- and I worked out a very rational and honorable deal, but I've got friends who can't say the same thing.

In my state you can still challenge people to a duel, I've been informed, but I suppose that is a bit extreme ...
 NoStringsAttachedEver
Msg: 236
Posted: 7/23/2006 8:56:38 AM
I'd sign one sure.

But if you read the papers, pre nups get tossed out of court all the time. Judges have alot of leeway with how they handle prenups that come in front of them. So even if you have one, it could mean nothing if you get the wrong judge.

I think if you are the spouse who has or has brought most of the assets in the marriage, pre nup or not, I think you will still stand to lose alot in a divorce. I mean if you think about it logically, do you think the judge will make you pay no matter what a piece of paper says or will they want to put another person on welfare?

Personally I think prenups are an easy way for lawyers to make some more money. They get paid when they write one for you. They get paid when they break that same one for you ten years later.

I respect anyone who says they don't want to sign one, but it sounds like many of those people who wouldn't sign one have no respect for the people who would sign one. If the person has no respect, they won't respect your money. Anyone who would get offended about being asked about a prenup is someone you probably wouldn't want to marry anyway.
 ssweet2293
Msg: 243
Posted: 7/23/2006 9:59:26 AM
Good Lord people, I thank God everyday that I had that money sucking husband of mine sign a prenup. He had nothing when we got married and boy when I filed for a divorce he was all upset that he did not get half. I still had to give the **stard my car and 5 grand, but hey he did not get much and he is out of my life. I will never get married without a prenup and I believe that people that refuse to sign one must have an underlying reason. Since when do we owe the other half in a relationship gone wrong anything unless it was aquirred by both during the marriage. Like women/men getting half of the others retirement when he/she was building that before the marriage. I say bullchit.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2006 10:15:13 AM
I'm surprised at the number of people on this thread who immediately look at a prenup as some kind of assination of their character or intentions!? I don't think it has to be that way at all. Come down out of your Emotional clouds and get back into the atmoshpere of clarity....and reality.

For very young...first time newlyweds... who have yet to to accumulate anything... a prenup is probably not necessary. But, after that... it just makes sense. I don't see ANY problem with someone who has accumulated some personal wealth to want a prenup. All that says is "I'll be happy to share my wealth with you, but if things should go bad, or for some reason you should attempt to screw me over... you are not just walking away with it!"

I personally don't have anything worth 'taking' so it is not a big deal to me. However, if I got involved with somewone who did have signifigant wealth... I would have absolutely NO problem or hessitation signing a prenup which prevented me from walking away with a disproportionate part of that. It is only fair. And Actually, rather than an unsult... It is putting your money where your mouth is. If you Love someone.... its not about trying to get what they have! I "Love"......'YOU" enough, that I am willing to sign an aggreement that says, I get nothing...if I quit! Love is a verb! Its about action and behavior.
 Man In New Hampshire
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2006 9:23:25 AM
The effectivness of a prenup will depend on where you live, how good your attorney is, and how long your married.

As far as kids go you can specify what you want them to get in a will. That is a stronger document than a prenup (according to my attorney for where I live and under my circumstances).
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >