Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Can you party hard like a 20yr old when you are over 30?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 26
Can you party hard like a 20yr old when you are over 30?Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Sure, if I got a week to recover.

Who am I kidding? I can't even drink anymore because of the Crohn's medication I'm on. Actually... that might increase my chances of partying hard (only sober). No dehydration or overdoing it to contend with! Hmmm...

I have to think about this some more.
 Vancer
Msg: 27
Can you party hard like a 20yr old when you are over 30?
Posted: 5/23/2007 4:38:12 PM
I would like to be able to party like Bender did when he turned human, sans the dying part at the end.
OMG, I just got the fact his name is 'Bender'. I'm stoopid.

BTW, someone here isn't over 30.
/me pushes PB out the door
 c_deacon
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2007 6:55:37 AM
I can also still party with the best of them, just have learned much better how to pace myself, and for some odd reason, I do not sleep as long as I use to when much younger.

My 18 year old son parties hard at times and will do athletic activities with me or me or me him, but he sleeps many hours longer than I do once he is in bed.......maybe he is still "growing up", and I am just maintaining what "is"????

It seems to be personality and style along with physical ability that keeps one very active in all areas even when older, and not the age itself that rules it......

Just my opinion.......
 Indigo rose
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/24/2007 8:39:10 AM
*sigh* I just partied two days in a row...I'm thinking it will only take me a few weeks to feel back to normal. I can't drink like I once did...I can't dance like I once did...and at about midnight I was thinking about my soft jammies and warm bed.
I admit it I am OLD...coors beer gives me a headache ( I threw that in for the guy above me!)
 Thudpucker
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/24/2007 10:47:05 AM
I don't party like I usta. (Wow! I never knew who I was going to wake up next to, and even my hair hurt!)

My drinking limit now is ONE beer a month (but I found a place where they serve TWO LITER beers -- (now, that's a BIG BEER!!!)

I expire early and I don't own jammies, but I sleep in the buff anyway. I dream dreams of times long ago in places (and circumstances) deserving to be remembered (or sometimes forgotten). I think THAT is the best part of dreams -- we can edit those videos to include, enhance, (or cut out) some parts -- the mind is a powerful thing!

My sleep is enhanced if I can wrap my arms around something warm and cuddly and nuzzle into the back of her neck (. . . and I am always seeking volunteers). Life seems somehow better and more fun that way.
 c_deacon
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2007 5:50:20 PM
Ah Rose........

You just need more practice and a variety of "Coors" to enjoy and find out which ones fit you the best........kind of like your men..... .....

OT.......As we age, I believe we party for a purpose, and not just to party for party sake......or to get drunk......

Life is to short not to party........all we truly need to do is decide what the party is all about and why.........then go for it with the "gusto" that many of us still can do......

Just my opinion......
 neuromantic
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2007 6:45:44 AM
30??? God that was awhile back. I was on the wagon at 30, and didn't party all that much at 20. I party more now at 44 than I ever did at 20. But I suspect I don't have the same responsibilities as many of my peers.

And for the record who cares? As long as you're not hurting anyone why not party at 50 or 60 even? Who am I to tell anyone how too live their lives?

Toe knee :-)
 here4thecraic
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/25/2007 12:12:41 PM
Something about hitting 30 caused my liver to stand over the bed the morning after a bar night and give me a stern talking to.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/26/2007 9:22:08 PM
OMG, not me. I had several last night and am still attempting to survive. I feel like an auto-accident victim off of three-four drinks. Guess my days of being a whiskey-girl are officially over.
 liveyourlife
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2007 3:40:38 PM
According to my night out last night I definately cant party like I used too.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/27/2007 9:46:39 PM
yes , I'm just smarter and don't end up in the ER with alcohol poisoning
 Tequila Sunrise1
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/30/2007 10:09:31 PM
30 is the new 20 baby, why not?! LMAO
 Celtic_toes
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 6:45:11 AM
lol!

I'm going to hit 32 y.o in a couple of weeks - I like my rock and metal music and I still go to gigs and festivals. When I was 20, all the other punters seemed older than me. Now that I'm > 30, they all seem so much younger! It's like visiting munchkinland with all the liddle teeny-goffs, emo kids and wannabe's!
I can still start a good moshpit and love being at the front and like Homelessbum says , the young un's of today can't keep up ! "When it`s time to party we will party hard!" - Andrew WK
 Lil Loca
Msg: 39
Posted: 6/1/2007 12:28:57 PM
Hell no!!!

I used to be the same way in my 20's, party like there was no tomorrow. I do it every once in awhile but it takes me so long to recover now. Besides when I do go out to clubs or bars a lot of times I feel like I'm the oldest one in the place.
 spunky sicilian
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/6/2007 3:06:05 PM
why not once in awhile....i do!!!!!
 NMKeith74
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/6/2007 3:16:37 PM
I can still drink with the best of them, however in the morning I'm dying. Time does catch up to you. I guess in my early 20's I did a lot of stuff to help me stay up all night and not feel the effects of alcohol, now I no longer do that, the alcohol goes straight to the head (at times).
 Tigress
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/7/2007 11:22:43 PM
So, whoever said that as you get older, you are not allowed to have fun anymore?

I still love to dance. It's fun and really good exercise.

I just don't drink much anymore and don't stay out all night.
 HRWild
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/24/2007 2:15:04 PM
I don't go out and party every night. I never did. However, if a band is playing at a club on a Friday or Saturday night, I go. I can stick around til 2 am and drink and/or dance. Unfortunately, most of the men I know can't keep up on a Friday or Saturday night. The men just can't seem to stay awake whether it is going to a Blues or Jazz club or going to see a rock n roll band.
 CouplSeekingGF
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/24/2007 11:31:21 PM
Every night no way. Too many other responsibilities. Most Saturday nights is a requirement to staying young though in our eyes. We party more now in our late 30's then we could in our 20's since the kids are older. We save the bar scene for the winter months and party with friends (mostly our age) outdoors during the warmer months. We usually greet the sun about once a month on average as it rises before sleeping in our tent for a couple hours and having a productive Sunday. Matter of fact we have done that the past 3 weekends and outlasted several 20 somethings along the way who claimed to be hard core party goers. Kinda makes them mad when the "old man" can out drink and outlast them without ever stumbling then to top it off is out and about way before they ever think of opening their eyes for the day. Motrin and good ole h2o are the key here.

For those dogging the party goers why? No one is giving you a hard time for going to bed at 9pm every night. So why is it ok to attack those of us who have stable lives and the bills taken care of. I just don't get it. It's fine to give your opinion but to call us unwise or 3 year olds is uncalled for. We supposedly live in a free society but if your different than what mainstream wants you to be your wrong? We refuse to march to the beat of someone else's drum. Who cares if I am exhausted come Sunday night as long as I am up ready and rearing to go come Monday morning.
 867love
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/29/2007 4:52:56 AM
i sure as hell try to...
however, (responsibility) seems to ruin that wet dream way before the body gives out
 andmanlu
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2007 8:24:01 AM
Its never stopped me. I dont go out as much as I did but I still manage too almost every Friday. I am not going out to try and pick up the ladies any more since I feel like I am one of the oldest in there but I still go out.
 Candiliz
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/29/2007 9:35:10 PM
Here are some of the differences between partying in my 30's and when I was in my 20's--- some of you may gals may relate too!!!
In the 20's I was naiive and actually believed some of those "lines" guys spewed.
In my 30's I laugh when I hear a guy using one and tell the youngins I've heard it all before, but they still can buy me a drink!
In my 20's I would let any guy BRING me a drink, in my 30's I go TO the bar to watch the drink being made (damn ghb)
In my 20's I would hit the club, get drunk, get into a fight with my friends, cry at the club, cause drama, then we'd make up and drink some more
In my 30's I laugh at those girls and buy them waters and play mom
In my 20's the goal was always to dance on the bar, the table, the speakerbox, ANYthing to get attention
In my 30's my knees wouldn't allow it (and I wouldn't do it anyways, those 20-something girls look desperate up there!)
And of course
In my 20's the less clothing, the more drinks
In my 30's, I know WHAT to flaunt (and some of those 20-somethings need to LEARN that skill!!!)
 Doelvzbttrflz
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/1/2007 7:34:49 AM
My best friend can and it amazes me!

Me well instead of partying for several days, I party for one day and recover for three or four! I used to be able to drink bath tub fulls, and go to work the next day like nothing ever happened, now well it's just pathetic, I lay around not doing anything for days!
 dirtbag2
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 9:38:12 PM
At 43, I can still outlast my girlfriends no problem. .. and my best friend is 22!!! I never was much of a drinker, and I learned how to avoid alcohol poisoning a long time ago.

When I go to the clubs, I go there to dance... and dance I do.. all damn night. If I happen to meet somebody interesting, that's an added bonus, but not necessarily my reason for being there.

I can still pull an all-nighter and be at work ready to rock and roll the next morning. Do I do it every night? Hell no!

Have I done it lately? Hell yes! Just before the September long I pulled an all-nighter on the Thursday night, was at work at 8 am Friday, then after work loaded the van and drove myself and my son out to Brooks to go camping for the weekend.. and we stayed up until well after nidnight.

I don't party harder.. I party SMARTER.
 starpink
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:37:32 AM
Ask me that on another day....not after I just went to bed at 10pm on a Friday night.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Can you party hard like a 20yr old when you are over 30?