Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AmitS01
Msg: 26
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Mixed feelings for sure. The story's quite strange. My ex and I were together for 6 months. Very intense, and a lot of deep emotions involved. We decided to get engaged; but her parents had other plans. I was invited over to their place so they could clearly let me know that I wasn't welcome. Next thing you know, over night she breaks it off, and then starts dating other guys within a few days. The fellow she landed at the end of the month is who she's engaged to now. He has the same first name as me (not to mention same initials? :S). Wierd. I almost forgot to mention the funniest part. She got the fellow and her idiot cousin to send me hate mail 7 months after the break up??? Really immature insn't it. The fellow is definitely a drone himself. They totally deserve each other. So I am happy that it's him rather than me! But somedays it gets my goat, when I think of how mean some people can be to others for no reason at all. So if it's true what they say, "what goes around comes around", I would love to know what's in store for these bozos! Such is life I suppose!

P.S. HER COUSIN: If your reading this. I feel sorry for you, no matter how nasty you were to me.
 bigmike1958
Msg: 27
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?
Posted: 3/31/2008 8:35:04 PM
A really mixed feeling,my x cheated (more than a few times I have found out),I kept the kids,divorced 4 yrs now,after 26 yrs of mrrige. I'm glad,maybe it will cool her from still trying to bother me. But then again,I did it right,stayed home,took care of the kids,so who's throwing the big church party for me?
 blissful_muse07
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/31/2008 9:19:32 PM
An ex-boyfriend contacted me several years ago over instant messanger out of the blue to tell me that he was proposing to his girlfriend. This was on New Years Eve.

At first I was a little sad because we talked about marriage alot while dating and he always told me that i'd be such a wonderful wife someday. Then I realized that we broke up for good reasons and my heart just wasn't with him anymore. He was the wrong guy for me in so many ways and I should be happy that he found someone else. So after this mix of emotions, I was genuinely happy for him because I believe fate had a hand in bringing them together. You can't argue with fate, at least I don't. It happened for a reason. If I would have gone to the movies with him for the opening of Lord of the Rings (something within me said don't go, so I listend to my instincts) he would have never met this woman standing in line getting tickets of all places, and they wouldn't be married now.
 DetroitDrew
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:37:58 AM
I would feel really sorry for the guy she connived into getting hitched!
 tentuntommy
Msg: 30
view profile
History
your ex advertises to you that they are engaged
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:06:59 AM
Hmmm.... I laughed my ass off. We were a few days away from marriage... and i messed up in a very, very small way. She blew it out of proportion and called everything off... Two weeks later she got married to some other dude... She even invited me. To shove it into her face, I showed up with a gal prettier than her (one of my good friends from HS), wished her well. The look on her face was priceless when she saw me with the girl. I was all smiles.

Two weeks later, they got an anullment.... however you spell it. She later called me and said she just did it to hurt me... and wanted me back... Fortunately I had joined the Army by then and left the state.
 fafi83
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/1/2008 6:40:52 AM
Eh dont care. As Judge Judy alludes to: divorces and breaksup arent too far around the corner or "In five years you wont even know his/her name sir/madam". She gets me with that sir /madam stuff lol.
 GREENEYES269
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:06:39 AM
I was told one time that if it bothers you to think about them in bed with someone else your not over them. To this day that statment still holds true.
 racer256
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:11:52 AM
My ex engaged...heeheheh...I feel sorry for the poor sucker that gets caught by her...At least she's left me alone...Yahoo, "the wicked witch is gone"...
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:25:43 AM

So if it's true what they say, "what goes around comes around", I would love to know what's in store for these bozos! Such is life I suppose!

It never goes around until you let it loose. The longer you hang on to it, the more likely you will own it forever.

But then again,I did it right,stayed home,took care of the kids,so who's throwing the big church party for me?

Your kids will... and so will many, many, many of us other men who have walked your walk. We may not be at the church with you but there is always a silent celebration when the dad gets custody, fights all those battles that only we can understand and then ends up with well adjusted kids and a woman better than anything he could have dreamed of.... don't worry, you'll get your big church party!

My ex wife... I thank God and Greyhound she's gone! Seriously, I just smile inside knowing he's not at all getting what he THINKS he is... and its funny... he's a neat freak and she's a slob... he's controlling and she's passive/agressive... even the kids stare on dumbfounded and say "that's not how mom really is!" I always just watch on in total amusement.

Former gf's? Oh, I always wish them well. If it had been meant to be for me and them it would be us together but for what ever reason it was not our time and place so no hard feelings and nothing but best wishes.
 brainznbeauti
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/1/2008 7:47:57 AM
honestly, my ex who left me pregnant got engaged (to someone he claims he wasn't seeing while we were together) about a month after he left. i honestly feel really sorry for her...jumping into a relationship with someone on a major rebound is really dumb and under the circumstances, she is in for a ride. but, she chose to get involved with him knowing that he was already involved, so hopefully she can deal with the drama. (and believe me, it's major drama with him) i really think she's one of those types that are just happy to have someone pay attention to her. for him, i hope that he doesn't continue on in life roping people into his lies and foolishness. if they make it to the alter then it's possible that they may be happy. i wish them the best for the sake of our daughter...i wouldn't want her life to be filled with confusion on his end. as for me---i am doing really well and i thank GOD for delivering me out of what could have been a life of heartache with someone who really isn't honest with anyone--including himself. cheers to the happy couple. i've met someone with some sense.
 wildangel1118
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:07:17 AM
When my X husband got engaged/re-married....I was tickled pink!
It gave him something else to do besides stalk me (It really was time for a new hobby). And his new wife was awesome! I finally had a co-parent! He was lucky...he married a really good woman. She was ... still is... so sweet to my children. That was what was important to me.
I had a lot of people tell me "you need to tell her what an ass he is". My response: "Unfortunately, she'll find out on her own. I refuse to sound like a jealous, catty, X wife that's not over him." She DID find out on her own. They didn't even make it to their second anniversary. I asked for custody of HER. Fortunately, for me, she's still in touch with my kids, and drops a line now and then just to kinda check in.

So....I'm still tickled he got married!
Too bad he screwed it up.
 Wondering-Waiting
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:41:28 AM
It always stings a bit to hear that the one that got away has found someone else. If you can honestly say that you gave it your best shot there's nothing left to do but be happy for her. The "what if's" will drive you crazy.
 *buzz*
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:27:01 AM
Well, mysterious ways of life ... someone tells you facts you least expect ... and so it goes for the ex. Engaged? Nope. After a year living together, they are living apart but still seeing each other for ... , well I just know the ex too well being able to read his body language.
How do I feel seeing him? Numb really, emptiness inside except when he falls ill and "crawls" back to see his son and although replying ... "I am very well, thank you" these painstaking memories fade away on slower pace than one would wish. We are human afterall.
 bike mad
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:38:13 AM
I'm still friends with most of my ex's. I've been to their weddings and am off to another's wedding evening function this month. I'm happy for them in that they've found someone who they are more compatible with and harbour no ill feeling or regrets.
 HoogooseDMoose
Msg: 40
your ex advertises to you that they are engaged
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:01:01 AM
I miss my ex but my aim keeps improving
 enigmic dryad
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:42:40 AM
My ex left "cuz the honeymoon was over" almost 3 yrs ago, only 2 months before our 10th wedding anniversary. It came out of left field for me and it truely gutted me at the time. I even ended up in a crappy rebound relationship just to get over him. (I'm well over them both now, and I've found my self-worth again and I'm happy to be single.)

He came on POF, and after a few dates with a few women, met a very nice one that he's still with 2 yrs later. I honestly wish them the best, with no hard feelings. She's a nice lady and treats my daughter respectfully, and that's all that matters to me now.

If they announced an engagement I'd be elated for me cuz it means I'm finally getting a divorce. But I'd also be pleased for them because they are both good people who deserve to be happy together. Life is too short to be bitter, and licking wounds forever means never healing.

firegurl61-17
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:56:47 AM
I'd say good riddens and I feel sorry for her....let the donkey and pony show begin...again. Hes the posterchild for birth control!
If he were a nicer father to his children and an all around nice human being I would have been happy for him....but Narcissistic personality disorders get worse as time goes on..hes already beyond cruel..but as long as he charms her and she believes it...the dance will go on as she will be supplying the fuel an NPD guy needs to manipulate. I feel bad for her when she realizes shes been lied to.
 Indiananurse
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:05:02 AM
I would be thrilled...as a matter of fact I should set him up with someone so he CAN get engaged...maybe one of the girls he cheated on me with...hmmm LOL.....

Seriously, I would be happy...I have moved on and closed that chapter and it would be nice if I saw him do the same!
 ~daisy~
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:11:20 AM
I guess what comes to mind with this type of scenario is the Rascal Flats song "God blessed the broken road" (that lead me straight to you)

You were not right together and the person meant for you will be somewhere further along your path.
 booster66
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:19:11 AM
Well I can say that right now...out of my last 2 ex's...the oldest one...I'd be happy for her, Absolutely, and hope for her the best. The newer one of the 2. I'd be crushed. This was the woman I decided I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I just never got around to asking her for fear...then she dumped me...2 months later I find out she has just joined the Army. I'm scared to death that something may happen to her and I will never know. I don't believe in karma, I don't believe in fate (per say) I do believe that doors are opened and whether or not you walk through them or not is entirely up to you. All the choices we make are just that. Choices we make...let's start living up to it. I made the choice not to ask her to marry me and now...I'm regretting every minute of it but it was my choice and I have to live with that and wish the best for her in her new life...and support her as a friend would.
 karesse
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:20:49 AM
As for my exhusband's getting engaged, it didn't bother me in the least as I was the one that chose to end those marriages. Exhubby #1 went for someone half his age and I knew it wouldn't last (and I was right), and exhubby #2 was a great guy and deserved happiness again... we had just lost the connection between us with all the stepchildren problems we had to deal with during our marriage.

When I walked away from my 3rd engagement however and learned that a mere 6 months later he had married another (ironically with the same first and middle name as me and born the same birth year, and on Mackinac Island where we had so many great memories at) - that hurt!! I guess somewhere deep inside I had always held hope that he would realize that the changes I had requested of him were open to compromise that he surely could meet me part way on.

So much for hoping. I don't think I have ever cried like I did then upon learning of his nuptials. And I've never cried over a man since. I should of known I would be easily gotten over however although we had been together for 3 years. After all, he latched onto me a mere month after the passing of his first wife of 18 years who had fought yet lost her 16 year battle with leukemia.
 pageturner66
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:25:17 AM
misread it -- thought it said "gagged". nevermind.
 Scubacody
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:24:04 PM
Well seeing as we were engaged about um about 7 months ago and now she is engaged again, I am not all that upset seeing as she obviously was not the person I thought I knew and loved. We dated for 5 years got engaged and then she cheated on me with her boss, which was gross because he was like 48 or some kind of crap like that. I was crushed, got the ring back, then decided it was for the best. I am not bitter anymore just more relieved I dodged that bullet. I am so ready to move on.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:46:09 PM
i pity the fool...
 GUS~GUS
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:51:58 PM
well i got say I was a mess because my brainless roomate who knew her sister told me second hand after i had just got a lame ass email from my ex saying we wouldnt be friends ever. Her selfish ass is so insecure, she didnt have the heart to tell me she was gettin engaged. I was a mess to be honest but now I am like well now it is her new fiance problem do deal with her lame, selfish, pathetic, money/soul sucking ass. wow dont i sound a bit pissed lol Her loss but in the end I still wish her to be happy and i even told her that. so it was a bitter sweet symphony when I found out, cause the door finally shut for me, but didnt make it any easier at least the way i found out
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?