Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RhondaBonda76
Msg: 51
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I had this happen not to long ago myself. My Ex husband "tried" to give the original engagement ring that i had to his new GF. She found out about it when my Ex brother in law..... Whom i still talk to, to this day, told her it was mine. LOL. Needless to say that they are not getting married now. HAHA. I would be happy for him to remarry. He just needs to be faithful to whomever he is with. And with him it is not possible at all.

So men never change. Some men learn from their mistakes.

But for the thread. I just found out that after 2 years with someone that my Ex is ..... getting married to someone else. I was basically his slave. Cooked , cleaned, and got ignored. I have never felt so free in my life. Cause now he is someone else's problem. He now i can really close that door behind me and put stuff in front of the door so it never ever opens again.

*Rant off*

**4SLUUT**
Msg: 52
How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:01:33 PM
Get over it...should have taken the chance with them before you were an "X"...thank the good Lord they are now someone else's problem!!! If you didn't want them for marriage at the time...must be a reason why!
 Twistiepearz
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/10/2008 5:35:34 PM
They're all engaged or married.. and I LOVE it.

Of course.. they end up miserable and wanting to come back within 2 years or less.. but I do so hope at least the one of them I don't keep in touch with is happy and healthy and grounded.

It's a life and if mine is included... not a single one of them were the *one* for me, as I wasn't the one for them either!
 beehearnow
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/11/2008 5:20:41 AM
i would feel bad for her...because I know she will be yelled at and belittled, presented to mutual friends as being "all screwed up" and very possibly be emailed a link to a thread on here where her personal history was distorted and presented as a "please give me advice" post by him.
 NERO1
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/11/2008 9:54:53 AM
Yeah that can be hard, OP. One of the (very few) girls I ever truly was "head over heels" for myself, albeit yrs ago, got married just this past Dec. I knew of the date of it, etc, thought a lot about it on that day, but, what can you do? Part of me wanted to just let her go, and part of me wanted to follow her into the parking lot of her work and strangle her with a pair of pantyhose, leaving some sort of bizarre "calling card" behind. J/K!!!!!

No, in all seriousness though, if she's happy then I am as well, for her.
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/11/2008 10:25:05 AM
YAY!!!! I'm free ... that mess is all hers now, and since she seems so happy, fill their boots!
 JSP61
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:29:02 PM
"Hasta la vista baby" comes to mind.
 QUICKSILVER217
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:29:31 PM
Delighted, hope she really takes him to the cleaners in a way I never did, its only a matter of time.
 **~renegadeoutlaw~**
Msg: 59
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:00:12 AM
["Hasta la vista baby" comes to mind. ]

I am with you on that one JSP61!!! My feeling is I really don't give sh*t who or what my ex does as long as he pays me what he owes via the court order and stays out of my hair. - He has moved away from here, so I really don't have to worry about seeing him with someone else!

I just know he was damn lucky to have me and will never do any better. He left for some welfare skank whore who has 3 kids all by different men and later on, she left him for some other welfare idiot! Amazing what happens when you think the grass is greener on the other side!

BluEyesNSmiles
Msg: 60
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:20:26 AM
HER IS ONE FOR YAS ... LOL ...
I got married at 16 and devorced him at 19 .. I vowed to never get married again and I didn't , it was suposto be forever ... Im 45 and still single .... He on the other hand is married to his 5th wife now ... I found this out 2 yrs ago and when I did I just danced a lil jig ... knowing it wasnt me ... LOL ... I'm just the 2nd wife with his only 2 kids he was married to for 2 yrs ... How do I feel about him getting engaged ? ... How should I feel ? ... LOL ... I still love him , but he is doing his thing and its kewl ... I say just wish the ex's love , joy and happiness ...
 kamaboko
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 1:09:42 PM
I don't mind it at all. That's why they're called an "ex".
 knipknip
Msg: 62
Posted: 4/12/2008 3:46:25 PM
I think: Good thing, GREAT!

So my 'ex' is getting married in June, I am invited to the wedding, I have been helping him find Kilts for his wedding, both my sons are best man/groomsmen and since his new lady in his life doesn't have anyone to give her away my eldest son is standing up for her. My sons' girlfriends are her assistants. LOL now that I call a family affair LOL...

oh yeah! my other 'ex' is also invited to the wedding. We are just like "Friends"

Saltolibre
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 5:19:58 PM
Wish them the best..Ultimately it will all make sense. My ex wife remarried some years ago and has had 3 kids sense then.. I find myself caring for them almost as if they were mine, simply because they are the brothes and sister of my own son that we had together..There is no point in living in the past, seems a lot of people do these days...
 jetty65
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:15:23 PM
I just found out the man I thought was my soul mate and lost to another is getting married this summer.

Im torn between wishing something would happen to stop it to im glad that cheat is out of my life.

Its too bad we cant just be friends I don't like her I never did Ive know her longer then Ive known him.
 alanswmmr1
Msg: 65
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:34:28 PM
This happened to me not too long ago as well. Even though she and I hadn't spoken or seen each other in over a year, it still felt like someone slapped me in the face. It took about a week for me to get past it. I think the main reason it hurt so much was because it brought back old feelings that I wasn't prepared to handle. It also made me question why I wasn't the one she was marrying, and why I hadn't found someone yet. I guess I felt like a failure or something.

Anyway, it passed and everything is just fine now! Like everything else, time heals it.
 Snakewhisperer
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:49:50 PM
It sucks to see the outward signs that exes have moved on. Go treat yourself to some ice cream and rent the movie "Sideways" (same thing happens to the main character in this movie). It will lift your spirits.
 sasyecat
Msg: 67
Posted: 4/12/2008 9:53:20 PM
When the one that got away, calls in the middle of the night drunk, to tell you he got married the week before. Then you find out he actually got married a week later???
6 months later he calls 15 times wanting to see you!
Then calls 4 months later begs for 3 hours to see you, then tells you he should have married you!
Then 8 months later calls says he is divorced. Then calls every weekend saying he wants to see you.
Then finally comes to see you and he's drunk, with a bunch of lame a$$ excises.

I don't think it was about sex, cause he never got any!

If I didn't I think I'd
 tigerlily1
Msg: 68
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:10:16 PM
Relief...............
 maybe301
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:20:04 PM
lol funneeeeeeeeeeeee
 BluEyesNSmiles
Msg: 70
Posted: 4/13/2008 10:55:42 AM
Reading all these stories realy is good for the heart ... just knowing that others have been threw so much and are making it fine ... I am seeing why some ppl STRESS in their profiles they wanna be freinds FIRST ... friends are less likely to hurt you and you have more time to know them first ... Does kinda take the luv at first sight thing and blow it all to heck ... lol ... Not that I thought it would ever happen to me , just some ppl say it has for them ... I just wish we could go back to when true luv was realy there ... ya know the ole getting to know someone and not giving up because ppl dont wanna deal with things and just grabbing someone by the hand and never letting go ... O' I sound mushy now
 outofthedesert
Msg: 71
your ex advertises to you that they are engaged
Posted: 4/13/2008 11:01:18 AM
I would be thrilled, especially if she lived 3000 miles away and he was moving there...............
 SouthernRoses
Msg: 72
Posted: 4/13/2008 1:38:11 PM
I had an on again off again bf that did that twice. First time after we split up and he got engaged, it didn't work out and we got back together. This time, he's in another state and if I'm not mistaken, they are married by now. It hurt because I always felt like we would eventually settle down and realize no one else would put up with us. It has takend me several months to get used to it, but as long as she is good to him and his girls, I'm happy for him. I've moved on and eventually, I'll find the one that is meant for me.
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 73
Posted: 4/13/2008 2:17:49 PM
Depends on the ex. Most of them, I would be happy for them. One or two of them, I'd feel a little sorry for the woman who ended up with him, but it wouldn't bother me in the least. Exes are exes for a reason.
 outofthedesert
Msg: 74
your ex advertises to you that they are engaged
Posted: 4/13/2008 2:18:23 PM
Had a guy (boyfriend-not husband) contact me that I was in love with, but he chose to marry someone else. The only thought I had was thank goodness it was not me, he had cheated with her.
 billybobjimbo
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/13/2008 5:49:44 PM
I would feel like a pinecone was removed from my backside! And there would be certainly alot less ****ing at me from even 250 miles away. Of couse I would worry about my children though.
All I would hope for the sake of my 2 children was that he was sane, had a good job, and would treat my kids well. I also hope he is deaf so he does not have to hear about her conplain about how everything is every0ne elses fault. And he has real thick skin so he can take the mental beatings everyday. And dosent mind her sleeping around.

However I have come to realize that nobody is as stupid as I was 13 years ago to even THINK of making her a significant other. I guess that pinecone is not going anywhere...
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you really feel seeing your EX get engaged?