Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hapeenurse
Msg: 351
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 15 of 61    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
sure it's possible , but even more likely is falling in love with the idea of being in love with the person. For me personally I would have to get to know the person ,well , in person! you may pour your heart and soul out to someone and feel the feelings of love but until they are right infront of you , face to face you won't know.
 AmazingMe
Msg: 352
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 5/10/2006 9:09:19 AM
Guilty. I've been so cautious about my feelings, and I've been hurt so badly in the past, and I honestly was not anticipating falling in love again.
But I did. And we haven't met yet. I think the phsycial part of meeting someone is just the icing on the cake. Being able to talk for 5 or 6 hours a night is something that you very rarely get to do in a relationship where you picked someone up at a bar or something. You connect on a much deeper level. Besides, the ammount of time we spend on the web-cams or the phone - meeting in person is not going to be a big shocker.
What can I say? I loves ya the_armorer2002 . . . and you friggin know it. LOL
*hugs*
AmazingMe . . . always amazing you . . .
 the_armorer2002
Msg: 353
Posted: 5/10/2006 9:52:52 AM
My dear, any man worth the skin hes printed on would give everything to be with you. Only now your mine.

I have had such horrible relationships in the past, and successive too. Its made me believe that true love, or what I've found, unconditional love, was something I was never going to feel. Even though I had met everyone through online dating, and they all turned out bad for me, I felt I still couldn't give up.

.....and then i met Amazing Me. Turned around my perspective on everything. Yes, it truly is possibly to fall for someone, and not have ever touched them. Through online dating, and phone calls and messenger, you can learn more about someone, how they think, and how they feel. Its like you get the inside track on them, because they are there, alone with their thoughts, so you get let in. I've fallen for Amazing Me, and hard. Yes, I was headed out west anyways, but you gave me something to look forward to....life with an amazing love.

Everyone who reads this...live life to the fullest, and live every day like it was your last. Life is so very fragile, and short.... you need to see things you've never seen, and do things you've never done. Throw caution to the wind. Because one day....it will be over. And all you take with you are the memories. And the only things in life you ever regret.....

....are the chances you never take.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 354
Posted: 5/10/2006 10:07:52 AM
okay , those 2 are adorable!
 angeloflove4u
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:02:22 AM
yes it can happen it happened to me,
 Jim33903
Msg: 356
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:36:53 AM
Well there you have it! For all the people that came here to say it can't happen, not possible, is only infatuation, only cyber fantasy etc. BULL!

You just don't know unless it happens to you. It happened to me and now maybe it is happening a second time. I found her 1200 miles away. BUT we both will speed up the first face to face meet. But even that will not change the way I know the heart and soul of this beautiful woman already. We meet June 12th.

To you AmazingMe and to you Armorer2002 , I congratulate you both and wish you all the love and happiness you deserve.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 357
Posted: 5/11/2006 6:45:28 AM

It happened to me and now maybe it is happening a second time.

Man, how some people just don't get it.....

The second time?

If the first time was true you'd still be with her. Geesh!! People can't (won't) segregate lust and love....

And the fact that you list yourself as "seperated" and anticipating "the second time"....

I'll stop right there.
 britcitusa
Msg: 358
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:01:18 AM
Actually,i know two couples who did this.They met before the internet and were actually "pen pals"Their marriages are stronger than anyone i know of.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 359
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:12:47 AM
Cool. 2 out of...............?
 the_armorer2002
Msg: 360
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:32:50 AM
Eastsideeddie.....seeing someone from the net is the same as real life, you just can't tell. You hope, you pray, that you've found the right one, and maybe it will even feel that way for a while, but if its not meant to be, it will end. We shouldn't make fun of him for failing, we should applaud him for trying. He sounds genuine, and I wish him the best of luck, he deserves it.

Meeting someone online gives you a rare opportunity, unlike meeting someone in person at a bar, etc,..... to get inside their head, learn so much about them in such a little amount of time, and to keep space between you until you feel comfortable enough in your knowledge of the person to meet them face to face, and begin forever.

Don't decry such a wonderful dating tool. For the past 3 years, I have found my girlfriends, numbering 3 over those years, and even though they didn't work out, I thank God for every moment I had that was good. Because, in the end, all you take with you are the memories. Instead of being pissy at being rejected, or being taken, be thankful for being able to experience those good things with that lady, and know hat it will help you grow as an individual.
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:39:29 AM
I agree with ^. Theres really not alot of difference at all. I've dated girls offline and on and its always been the same. You don't figure out who the REAL person is until some time into a relationship. I just wish people could be themselves up front....if you are a dork, wear it on your sleeve. I do
 the_armorer2002
Msg: 362
Posted: 5/11/2006 9:46:27 AM
LMAO, kr8ztwin.....your a good guy!! You so very right....be honest, with your lady and with yourself....all the best relaionships are based on honesty, trust, and communication. Give your all, 110%.....so if it ends, you can atleast say you tried your best, and it just wasn't meant to be.
 FriendLuvrFoeva
Msg: 363
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:35:08 AM
It might be possible, but actually "in love" very unlikely. You may feel very attracted to the ideas and the words. I think it would be more of a facination. Anyone can say anything online, and many do. Until you actually meet the person and spend time with them to know if the words and actions are real, It's just a fantasy. Just my personal experience and opinion.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 364
Posted: 5/11/2006 11:46:43 AM
okay but didn't most of you fall in love *after* You met?
you may have initially started talking online or emailing/calling but at some point you meet right? isn't that when the love starts or is confirmed?
 denimandlace46
Msg: 365
Posted: 5/11/2006 7:07:21 PM
AmazingMe, the_armorer2002, jim33903, congratulations to all of you!

Armorer is absolutely right in saying that you can be more open and learn more about another person online than you could in person in a short span of time.

Yes, meeting in person is just the icing on the cake as previously stated. Kind of the final connection to be made between two people.

Yes, i've had it happen to me before and it has now happened again.

Just because the first time the other person was not being totally honest does not mean that I didn't love him with all I had.

For crying out loud, living life is full of ups and downs and if you aren't experiencing the ups and downs, you're not living life!

Life is way too damn short to be sitting back and letting it pass you by!

IMHO anyway.
 sweetness55
Msg: 366
Posted: 5/12/2006 4:46:27 PM
yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you have never met. i met this wonderful man on this site pof. we chatted for about a month and i actually fell in love with him right away it was this connection that i felt that we had. he lived in north van and moved over here to be with me,we have been together for almost 4 months now and things are really great and yes we are going to get married but we haven't set a date.
 marshw
Msg: 367
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:00:16 PM
You have not MET anyone. You've become infatuated with someone's cyber-persona. That cyber-persona fits what you need exactly. You may meet in real life and find that there's no chemistry.
This begs the question; why haven't you met? If you say he's on the other side of the planet then you've just been fooling yourself all along. (Oh no, he's not on the other side of the planet, he's only 670 miles away )
People listen. Building a meaningful and lasting relationship requires live human contact. Without it, you got nuthin'.
 craziazzbaby
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 8:15:02 PM
I have to say yes it is possible to fall in love with some one you have never met...It happened to me ... he was from australia and myself in canada. we talked for months on internet, phone, emails, talked for hours daily... we sent pictures to eachother all the time. We were saying "love you" even before ever meeting. We met about 4 months after talking and hit it off. We decided to do the long distance relationship and eventually he moved here. And no matter what people say about this subject- all I can say is just listen to your heart and take things from there.
 ladypagey
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2006 10:29:03 PM
Really I must say yes it is very possible to fall head over heels in love with someone you have never met if the right set of circumstances are there and the right words are said. If a person says the right words and your heart is really open then bingo love of a sincere kind can happen. If treated wrong heartbreak of a totally devastating kind can happen.
 PicturePete
Msg: 370
How does a girl fall in love after having sex once or twice?
Posted: 5/12/2006 11:20:15 PM
my question,how is it possible for a girl to meet once have sex, then 3 meetings later tell the guy she loves him?
 puppyfoo
Msg: 371
Posted: 5/13/2006 12:16:10 AM
You can love someone you have never met sure, the mind is a powerful ball of maze, now is it a good thing to fall in love with someone you have not met, ummmmmm....... NO
hehe

visit for dating and relationship advice looks like alot of people on this forum need that ;)

puppyfoo
Msg: 372
Posted: 5/13/2006 12:17:07 AM
oops visit www.shuriko.org for that relationship advice is what i wanted to type hehe
muuuah

Verissa
Msg: 373
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:22:13 PM
I have found that deep affection is certainly possible...but if the other person has deep personal issues and pretends to be fine then it won't work out in the end. If anyone wants to attempt love on here just pray that the other person is telling the truth because trust me it stings bad when one day you're blissfully happy and the next they don't want you anymore.
 OceanMyst
Msg: 374
Posted: 5/13/2006 5:26:38 PM
I think it's possible to fall in love with the persona of a person. How can you truly love someone you havent kissed, looked in the eye, touched, spent time with. You can only truly know someone when you've spent time together in real life. Yes I am who I am on here BUT...live with me and you'll see a different side of me. lol
 zadsghost
Msg: 375
Posted: 5/13/2006 11:39:40 PM
Scew it. I say yes! Perhaps "YOU" can. I hate it when others try to tell me how I can and can not feel. Ony "YOU" can decide if you can love someone.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?