Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 elbon1
Msg: 476
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 20 of 61    (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46)
I believe that love is felt within the heart. doesnt require touching a person first. so I guess my answer would be yes it could happen. but what is love?? thats the real question. hears your answer.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable and it keeps no record of when its been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every ciriumstance. Love will last forever.
 AndrewDB
Msg: 477
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 7/1/2006 4:26:27 PM
I'm with the yes crowd.

I know a friend who met his wife online. (Partly one of the reasons why I'm on this site.. I don't have much of a pond around the local area.. and if the pond has a fish I'm interested in, they're taken, or don't like the nerdy/geeky type of guy that I am.. ;p

You read the first part of that right.

A friend of mine whom I've since lost contact with, met and fell in love with a woman online.

They talked for a matter of three months, he flew out to visit her on her own turf, and when he got back I knew (and he knew) that his future was sealed. Three months later she came out and visited him. Six months after that (December ironically enough) he bought a ring and asked her to marry him. She said yes, a month later they moved to where she lived and they've probably been there since. As I said, I've seen it happen.. I'm not going to admit that I've fallen in love online (I just did if you read that sentance the correct way), but I'll give you a damn good idea that yes, it's possible.
 swee10lo
Msg: 478
Posted: 7/1/2006 6:41:26 PM
this is what i think...the ones that are out here to run game shouldn't be on da site.
in my opinion pof needs to remove the ppl that lie n cheat others with false intensions/pretenses!
 diarydistinction
Msg: 479
Posted: 7/1/2006 9:40:49 PM
Ay, at some moments I think it to be the only possibility; it's like saying in it's most universal reflection there is an awareness beyond anything we might know as it is. Yes, we can explain it; yes it is explained to us ... we are in love but do not meet; it is essentially what keeps us apart. Or is it?

Sometimes I see that we've found one another like some sort of dream, in our mind's eye and only for a moment, it seems to be just that way.

Or we're just a little sad and need a good glass of wine!!!

Good string Verissa, thanks. I feel ya sista!

Verissa
Msg: 480
Posted: 7/2/2006 12:29:37 AM

this is what i think...the ones that are out here to run game shouldn't be on da site.
in my opinion pof needs to remove the ppl that lie n cheat others with false intensions/pretenses!

^^^ I can't say I agree with that. I was hurt very badly by the man that I wrote this about but what if we had simply met and he didn't like me or I him and then in a state of bitterness one of us has the other's profile pulled possibly impeding upon future happiness with someone else they may have met here..Thats not fair now is it? Just because some people have mental problems doesn't mean everyone should have to pay. I've met some nice people on here despite what happened between Shayne and I. I still care for him he just needs to fix his head.
 .: illusion :.
Msg: 481
Posted: 7/2/2006 1:44:35 AM
I think you can really care about someone you've never met. Get all those feelings such as lust and jelousy and even fall for the idea of having them in your arms.

Yes I guess thats a type of love... but your not so much in love with them, your more so in love with your own image/idea of them.
 timidvirgo
Msg: 482
Posted: 7/2/2006 1:48:01 AM
my 2 cents,,, for what its worth....

PLEASE please be careful .... I talked to a fella online for 3 months, almost as long on the phone. He was amazing !!! Talked like he had his world together, wrote the same.. He called, left messages that made my heart flutter. There was nothing, and I mean nothing to indicate what he really was... The short version is what I'll give, but this was bad, real bad...
In short, the night we met face to face was just to be a dinner meeting, nothing more. What he supplied for our dinner date was 2 needles of his blood, heroin and crack mix and I was to induldge, period... He ended up being a junkie... And a fairly pushy one at that...
I ran... but as I was grabbing for my purse, pamphlets fell from the place my purse was and down came info on Hep C and aids... In short,, he was trying to kill me with him...
I don't do drugs, never the harder stuff ever,,, okay have dabbled in the garden variety when I was younger, but he was pushing deadly drugs on me, not to mention the blood part.. If he had been 1/2 with in his wits at this point I may have been forced into this and maybe worse.
GIRL not many guys are like this one, but just be warned they are out there.. Sweeter than suger, oh so nice, but lethal....
screen screen screen so you don't end up with the not so nice nice guy....
*** last I know is that he is still on this site,,, he looks beautiful in his pix... but they are old... he is a shriveled up junkie now but still walks the walk and can still talk the talk........
If you want to know, contact me... He drives longhaul from Canada to Texas ...
"""" to any guys that read this, I am truley sorry if I have created any drama in your world, but this is serious stuff and women on here need to know that freaks don't always appear to be freaks...
I am way more careful now than I thought I would ever have to be....
 Sweet-n-Spicy
Msg: 483
Posted: 7/2/2006 4:47:45 AM
Hey soul seductive, I see what you said on here about recently losing that "special someone"....well baby I am available , look me up and you wont be thinking about that woman anymore....I think its possible to fall in love with someone without ever meeting the person face to face to....I almost did once til I found out the guy I was talking to on here was trying to get with one of my girlfriends on here to....good thing he didnt get to use either one of us.....soul seductive....look me up and.. you won't be down!
 dcems11
Msg: 484
Posted: 7/2/2006 5:05:15 AM
Boy how sad!!! Then tell me how do the blind do it by touch, I didn't think so. Love comes from a place that noone has been able to explain. Mnay have wrote about it, many have song about it, and many have died for it. Do you need a touch.....God I hope its not that easy. It comes from within your heart, some where deep down that says its ok. Trust its not a fantasy!!!
 libbyv
Msg: 485
Posted: 7/2/2006 5:21:22 AM
I don't believe you can fall in love with someone you've only spoken to by email or telephone .You haven't met them,you feel attracted to them, or develop a crush or infactuation. They'll tell you what they think you want to hear. But never really know a person until you actually meet face to face. Also they may not look as good as the picture they show of themselves and they may have a lousy personality to go along with it. I say take this man with a grain of salt until you actually meet him.
 swee10lo
Msg: 486
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:48:35 AM
varissa, hey.there is a difference in finding out that u dont care for someone or gettn played in the process.this guy toyed around when all he had to say was that he didn't want to persue this.he made me believe things that never happened and then wasnt even man enough to talk to me.so yes...if u are on this site and u lie n lie n lie...y should pof not remove u?let him continue hurt n lie to ppl?!
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 487
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:54:50 AM
Suck it up Princess..why doesn't POF remove whiners? Oh ya would leave much!

I'm in love with a whole bunch of you people I'm taking my lotto winnings and traveling
...get ready!
 Peekaboo_Tx
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:59:34 AM
The answer to this is yes! Tho, not in the sense of being IN love.
 katlee
Msg: 489
Posted: 7/2/2006 9:59:35 AM
Its possible to fall in lust with someone you never met.....that would make you think your in love...untill you actually do meet.
 swee10lo
Msg: 490
Posted: 7/2/2006 10:02:46 AM
whatever....this is somebody i been talking to for over 4 mo....but i dont have to defend myself to someone like you.it's perfectly normal to develop feelings for someone after that time.
shaz1, thanks for having my back on this!all the luck to u in the world!!
 Peekaboo_Tx
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2006 10:08:53 AM
You dont have to defend anything. Go with your gut...you never know...it might work for you. I have been there. I talked with a man for over two years and knew I loved him, but I also knew I wasnt going to fall IN love with him unless I met him face to face. Just my 2 cents. Good luck and enjoy the feelings.
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 492
Posted: 7/2/2006 12:58:43 PM
In my opinion as I stated before, I honestly think it possible to fall in love with someone you have never met "physically"....thru e-mails and phone chats..it can happen to virtually anyone, those who don't think so may feel that way cause it just never happened to them like that...or they just dont believe its possible....I can say this much...After we started talking so much on the phone....Her words and voice would make my heart melt like ice in the sun, that wasnt lust or infatuation.....some women that I have dated for months never did that to me....but just her voice alone was getting to me.....thats not lust or infatuation...thats love...... At one point I could never stop thinking about her, thats not lust, thats love....thats not an everyday thing for good ol' soul seductive...its over now, but at least I know anything is possible even love without physically meeting each other....
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 493
Posted: 7/3/2006 9:58:16 AM
Hey thanx for the support...I gotta admit she hurt me pretty good there...it was a low blow below the belt....but thats just how the ball bounces I guess.......and I say this to all members on the site...if you talk enough with a person for weeks, at hours at a time, and send the write type of e-mails..you can fall in love before you ever even meet them....God Bless You all....
 crazyinusa
Msg: 494
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:05:19 AM
I think you can fall in serious like. Which can still hurt when it doesn't pan out in the real

Things are not always as they appear. the botttom line is, hurt is hurt, no matter how it comes about. After talking to someone for a very long time, an incredible first meeting then it all goes to crap. As they say, the truth comes out.

NEVER, EVER again,,,
 jacktraven
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:19:44 AM

Yes you can. I fell in love with a precious woman who lives 2000 and some miles away from me. Our connection was very strong, so strong that we even considered marriage. But we had limitations, we took a long time to meet. When we finally had the opportunity to meet, time reared its head and broke us up. I was given in completely, determined to make it happen, but unfortunately she didn't have the strength and determination I had (I totally respected her decision and assumed my part). I strongly believe you can achieve it if both are very serious, committed and have the means to be with each other.

"If you haven't tried, you haven't lived"
(William Parrish, Meet Joe Black)

Best of luck to everyone...
 Verissa
Msg: 496
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:32:02 AM
timidvirgo none of us women can contact you because of your settings. Please for the safety of everyone contact the athorities. You have his number and his e-mail you can also contact the mods and let them know and they can contact the athorities. WHat the did was sick and illegal..and by no doing something you're endangering everyone between wherever he lives in here to Texas thats a pretty large scope of people. Please I implore you to comtact the mods and let them know who he is on this site and have him arrested before he murders someone.
 kingofaman
Msg: 497
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:35:40 AM
So many woman,
So many illusions.
Which one to believe,
Ask me not.
Love is,
But a mirage.

I still dream,
And wonder why
Dreams,
Full of meaning,
Of beauty of love,
Only I knew.

The clouds have vanished,
But I still dream,
About her,
About us,
About all thing that had being
Posted: 7/3/2006 10:42:56 AM
It is completely possible........ It happened to me. We met over the computer,,,chatted a while about everything, developed a friendship then we both realized we were in love with each other.....when we did finally meet physically it was just a confirmation of the feelins we both knew were there...... I could not have loved her more if we had met in a convetional sense. When you meet the person you are supposed to be with it really does not matter how you meet, does it?

I think that we met the way we did actually contributed to the success of the relationship....we spent so much time talking to each other both online and over the phone that we knew each other so well....we had such a good base built before it was ever complicated by the physical aspects of a relationship.

That relationship lasted several years until the limitations of a distance relationship made us make a very difficult decision....... To this day we still talk frequently.......and we do still share that love for each other but we have moderated it to the best of freindships....
 crazyinusa
Msg: 499
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:13:15 AM
To this day we still talk frequently.......and we do still share that love for each other but we have moderated it to the best of freindships

Thank you for that newandready. Its still too fresh to think we can be friends again, but that simple sentance gives me hope it is possible. I think thats what I miss the most, I lost my friend
Posted: 7/3/2006 11:26:22 AM
That was the hardest part for us when we first decided to "break up". As much as it hurt to end the romantic love we shared we both were mourning the loss of our best friend as much as anything........

The pain loses its sharpness with time, the empty feeling will start to fill up....and hopefullly you will get your best friend back.....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?