Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 D3nis3
Msg: 539
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 22 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
No it is not possible.

YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Catwm
Msg: 540
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:48:00 PM
Love, exciting and new, come aboard, we're expecting you............the love BOX..............

People really - it is called love in the " box " syndrome.
 Bearone
Msg: 541
Posted: 7/5/2006 2:57:38 PM
Nice. Very Nice. I like it! You sound Cute!! Nice happy hopefully clear thoughts..too tuff!!
peace to you!!! THANK YOU!
 Lovinheart
Msg: 542
Posted: 7/5/2006 3:03:20 PM
Hmmmm...ok, my two cents worth. I believe it is possible to fall inlove with someone you meet online. It has happened to me several times. No...I didn't fall inlove...they did! Fiirst time was in a chatroom. I was trying to help a lady that had a lot of problems, and it eventually led to her telling me she was inlove with me.. That scared the heck out of me, but I continued chatting with her, and soon she was calling me on the phone. I told her I wasn't interested in romance, but just trying to help. The second time was almost the same. The third time I met this young lady face to face at a friends party, but payed her no mind because she was so much younger then I. Like 36 years younger. But she found out that I chatted online, and in a few days she started chatting with me. I didn't even know it was her till later. To make a long story short...We became more then chatting buddys, and got married. Lasted for 41/2 years. We would still be married if it wasn't for my persistant feelings of guilt over the age difference. We met just shy of her 21st birthday, and I had just turned 57. We were married a year later. She was intelligent, and beautiful, and I still miss her.
 Bearone
Msg: 543
Posted: 7/5/2006 3:04:22 PM
I bet he is Great! He better "buckle his Chinstrap" if he is trying to keep up with you!!!
You dear are a "Trip" very cute but a Trip......I like your style!
 Verissa
Msg: 544
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:15:28 PM
^^^ Funny enough he is great but he needs to get his head on straight so sadly it didn't work out. It was a learning experience, one that I'm not so sure I want to repeat. In real life you meet someone and you like their exterior then get to know their inside, thought, feelings, etc...here you might not see the exterior so all you have to go by is what is on the inside. You become great friends and love who the person is inside first. I don't know but to me it hurts more to lose the soul and friendship than to lose the sex and exterior. Don't get me wrong sex is great but I find that all too often people rush into it and then thats all that the relationship is about..and they have nothing else to build on unless they really work at it..and in the begining it doesn't seem most people put out that effort anymore.

And I've met some spectacular people with kind hearts..always a pleasure to read from you October-sky...

It is possible to fall in love, no guarentee it will work out but how is that any different from any other time in life.

Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
 spauls49
Msg: 545
Posted: 7/5/2006 6:53:25 PM
Verissa - the answer to your question is simple....when you meet him you will know!

Love does not happen overnight - whether you are physically with the person or not....what you are describing does not sound like love to me - but the begining stages of a relationship that may lead to something down the line. In my opinion the question is not whether you can fall in love with someone you have never met, but whether it is a good idea to.

I really think it is always best to take the time to get to know someone and be aware that you are human, a lot of what you perceive may be wrong in the beginning stages of a relationship and the only true remedy is to take the time to see the person in all their glory or horror - so hold on to that love you think you are feeling - meet the guy, get to know him really well, and come back on line in a year and let us know the answer to your question :)

Good luck
Paul
 Gregorian Dynamite
Msg: 546
Posted: 7/5/2006 7:04:29 PM
It's incredibly naive and stupid to "fall in love" with somebody you've never met.
 ponykeeper62
Msg: 547
Posted: 7/5/2006 7:09:10 PM
What I've found is this...it's easy to fall in love with pictures and words. I was falling for someone who I'd seen pics of and talked to at length on the phone.

Let's just say when I met I was incredibly disappointed and ended our date almost immediately. He looked nothing like his pics (which looked great by the way), and he had bad teeth (wasn't smiling in the pics..wonder why?) and bad breath. Yuck. Plus he said he was 5'10" and he must have barely been 5'6" as he seemed about my height. We were supposed to go dancing...I don't think so. If I'd met him at a club and he asked me to dance I'd have turned him down.

Don't ever think you can fall in love over the phone or just by chatting. It takes being in the physical presence of someone to see if there is anything there.

Good luck, hope it works out for you, but I have to tell you, gotta wait till you see them in person. Mine is not the only horror story out there..I've heard many.
 lissa_emily
Msg: 548
Posted: 7/6/2006 9:46:30 AM
Yes it can happen.. it happend to me... I have never in my life experienced something like I did, even when I was with my ex for 7 years.

I told him things that I wouldn't tell anyone.. we had everything everyone wants.. we had a friendship and we were able to learn things about each other before it ever became physical. I was head over heels in love with this man, I have never felt that way before, even though it seems dumb that it happend and no one really understands.. but once it happens to you, then you can bash it.

Good luck, I hope it works out :)
 Verissa
Msg: 549
Posted: 7/6/2006 3:50:38 PM
It's incredibly naive and stupid to "fall in love" with somebody you've never met.

Oh sweetie I feel incredibly stupid and naive on a regular basis...lets add trusting, loving, and forgiving to the pot stir it up and it winds up being sucker soup..but thats me and I don't really want to change..I'd rather be open and loving, silly and naive, than bitter, jaded and overly gaurded. People all to often close themselves off and ignore possibilities that they deem impossible, and they might well be passing over something wonderful in the process.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...
*doing the John Travolta dance...staying alive staying alive* hehehehe
 sparticuss
Msg: 550
Posted: 7/6/2006 3:57:15 PM
How many women on this board are hopelessly in love with Brad Pitt or Mel Gibson
 Gregorian Dynamite
Msg: 551
Posted: 7/6/2006 4:02:43 PM
So, lissa, did you ever meet him? Where is he now?
 Verissa
Msg: 552
Posted: 7/6/2006 4:10:32 PM
^^^^see post 546 and the others throughout the thread...He is in Kamloops still, not he wasn't my usual type, if I have a type..I'm not certain if I do or not...not the kind of man I would have normally found attractive. But I didn't care. I said it all with 546 I think...just because you love someone doesn't mean it will work out..it just means that you have someone else to carry in your heart.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 553
Posted: 7/6/2006 4:19:29 PM

How many women on this board are hopelessly in love with Brad Pitt or Mel Gibson

Zip. Unless they have actually hung out with either of those men in person, they are only infatuated with the idea of it. It's not possible to be anything more than that with someone you've never been in the presence of long enough to know well...only to project.
 ash2006
Msg: 554
Posted: 7/6/2006 7:55:20 PM
I think it is all relative to individuals. Each individual sees falling in love as something different. I personally do not think I could fall in love with someone I have never met, because no matter how much you know the person through email or phone, people are different in person. You don't get to know the complete person....like their actions, their behavior with you and with other people, their body language, etc.
 nursie33
Msg: 555
Posted: 7/6/2006 7:59:41 PM
Absolutely not!! Meet him and then decide if he is as WONDERFUL as u say. Anyone can be a PRINCE CHARMING ONLINE ,,helloooooo.. Very deceiving on here be careful and dont get too deep til ya actually meet this guy!!
 ReD RiDinG HooD..
Msg: 556
Posted: 7/6/2006 8:11:58 PM
yes i believe you can. Me and my man from holland are.

we can see eachother on webcam and i can see his personality come out..i can see him concentrating on the screen..and see his manner and his intelligence come out and see his beautiful smile.

also we have gone pretty deep ..he has sent me songs which have struck my emotions and made me cried and we have told eachother a lot

and i have his phone number and i can call him whenever i like..

and he fell in love with my mind!!! so even if he wanted nothing romantically, and just wanted friends he would still LOVE me for my mind and nothing else..

i KNOW he is genuine...

please don't argue with me because this is just our experience and i COULD say that it is not true for anyone else but i know it is happening with us..we have such strong feelings for eachother...

please don't try and rationalise and make logical our feelings because it won't work.

thank you

RRH
 Gregorian Dynamite
Msg: 557
Posted: 7/6/2006 9:53:53 PM
You guys crack me up
 CuteNPerky2
Msg: 558
Posted: 7/6/2006 10:45:49 PM
yes definitly has happend to me
 howsitgoing?
Msg: 559
Posted: 7/6/2006 11:05:51 PM
Hi and bye, I landed here by accident so I will comment and leave. You have fallen in love wirth an idea, or a type, not a person. Go ahead, make the biggest mistake of your life. Then remember you were warned. You will feel foolish, but you won't make it again.
 howsitgoing?
Msg: 560
Posted: 7/6/2006 11:13:22 PM
Sorry, that was harsh. But I do believe it. To quote an old movie, Reality Bites!
 lefrogozy
Msg: 561
Posted: 7/6/2006 11:23:08 PM
Of course it's possible I did it, back in france for six months I put an ad on the news paper and got a reply from a girl with an incredible voice. We talked and talked on the phone but never met. She always had a good reason to pospone the meeting. We had lot of things in common, at least I thouthg saw. She sent me letters and photos and I started to fall in love (I have to say that I was a bit depressed at the time) The day I really met her after more than a month, I felt so stupide. She was twice her age on her pic and twice her weight as well and was married. She lied to me and didn't deserved my friendship, so I never saw her again.
 Gregorian Dynamite
Msg: 562
Posted: 7/7/2006 8:17:46 AM
And I thought that only happened to girls haha. Doofus.
 honeybunn44
Msg: 563
Posted: 7/7/2006 8:23:28 AM
Yes it is possible and when you meet for the first time it's an even greater experience especially if you have that connection. I have experienced the same thing and we have been together for 5 months now and the chemisitry is still very strong.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?