Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Runs With Wolves
Msg: 601
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 25 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
LOve is abstract....there is a different definition with everyone you meet as to what love is.

To fall in love with someone in this medium is an experience, a feeling. IF you deny your feelings when your put in front of this medium, I have to wonder if your human. There are no set guidelines for falling in love.

Denying how you feel about someone you might have come to know and loved is living in the past or the future. The least one can do is be honest with self. Stop justifying and excusing it because of the medium used
 Verissa
Msg: 602
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 7/20/2006 11:00:09 PM
yes it is posibel as long as thier is truth in whats bieng said i fell with a guy on line

Oh..your profile says that you're looking for women? If you're looking for men hun you might want to change that right quick. No wonder you haven't connected, you're confusing the girls and the men don't know cause they think you want a woman. Fix that and I'm sure you'll find the man of your dreams...just be yourself and all will be well. Be very careful though, a lot of men are untruthful and may just want to get into your pants. Way to come out!!! If you were closer I'll bet I could find you a nice boyfriend..we have lots of very handsome gay men here...
 summer_glow
Msg: 603
Posted: 7/21/2006 6:45:33 PM
Of course its possible to fall in love with someone you have never met in rl. But the chances of it blooming into a happy successful mutually satisfying relationship is a direct co-efficient factor to your resistance against believing in such an idea which results in an Internet displacement theory which basically states while that a theoretical sphere as large as the Internet holds enough water for a conjecture of ideas and figuratively much latitude, it disallows for unmet principles to be tested in an atmosphere that basically has no control group. We're all a part of this huge grande social experiment and re-engineeering project and if you state it is possible to fall in love with someone you have never met, you will find very few people able to disprove you because basically no one shares the experience. Except for your self with others whom you have also never met; so in essence, one pretty well has to either abandon the idea of "discovering love" altogether, or , abandon the idea of discovering love on-line altogether. In a world of extreme end zones, in this one, there are very few in betweens. Good luck if you ever get hitched up and live together happily ever after on a LAN. Hahahaha. But we all need to remember: in RL, there is no PREVIEW button. Just a thought. Im my opinion, love can be kindled online yes indeeed and can also be cultivated, whether or not it meets the real watering found only in rl and the sunshine of rl is another thing. So while I may believe its possible to happen, I have chosen to believe its not personally possible. This too is all a part of the strange strange dichtotomy that is : the Net.
 SCATTERBRAIN
Msg: 604
Posted: 7/21/2006 11:24:14 PM
Holy Crap!!!!!! Are some of you guys crazy, are you so lonely that you actually think that falling in love with someone on the internet is normal, what a crock of sh*t, man some people her are so not together. For example, last year this girl told me she fell in love with this Arabs guy and he lived in another country, every time I told her to watch out she got pissed off at me and hanged up on me, she did not talk to me for weeks, then finally she got back to me and apologized and I don’t know why I apologized also. I guess I was being myself a good person, but then she would start again and again about this wonderful guy that lives on the middle east somewhere and she’s madly in love with him, In my head I’m thinking, I can’t believe I’m listening to all this crap, how stupid can a human be, where are the brains of this person, so I kept telling her to watch out that it could be a scam, and again she hung up on me telling me to go F myself. So again after a few months go by she tells me lets meet for coffee, so we met for coffee I’m telling her I broke up with this girl I was dating and got her a going away present, so she tells me I’m crazy buying a present for a girl that I’m not dating, then I told her I did it because it pleased me to do it? Oh wow, listen to this now? She tells me? you know I did that also, I sent 600.00 dollar’s to this guy that I fell in love with on the internet. Okay now did you all get that? I told her? Hey! wake up girl!, I got a present for a girl that I dated and she was a real person, I got to touch her, kiss her, love her, she was real, not like your guy that is a fantasy on the internet and conned you $600.00 dollars to send him. She said she did it because it pleased her. Now you guys are people with brains I guess, what do you guys think about this girl, just think it, can you describe in one word what this girl is, I bet the person with the lowest IQ here would be able to describe this girl in one word. So now we come back to this question, I say it is possible to fall in love with someone you never met only if you are so desperate and insecure of yourself that you degrade yourself and create a fantasy to a reality to convince your mind to believe that it’s happening. I think the shrinks would have a feast day with her.
 Cellman262006
Msg: 605
Posted: 7/22/2006 10:01:54 AM
Yes Very possible Look I did I met someone and I asked her to me my girlfriend and she said she would have to mee me first then we will decide So Yes I truly believe it's possible
 Verissa
Msg: 606
Posted: 7/23/2006 7:16:15 AM
I say it is possible to fall in love with someone you never met only if you are so desperate and insecure of yourself that you degrade yourself and create a fantasy to a reality to convince your mind to believe that it’s happening. I think the shrinks would have a feast day with her.

^^ Why are you here then? What happens if you meet someone far away. It happens. People fall in love all of the time. Now I'm not speaking of the fly by night people who get feelings for whoever happens to be nice to them...I'm talking you meet someone and you're so connected and everything feels like dejavous..and even if the moment is fleeting, ie my short romance here that began this thread, it can't be anything less than love. And given the fact that I still think the world of the crazy sob..lmao..I have to say for myself "I do love him" its a deep affection that grew from closeness of spirit and mind..I wish him the best, would never wish him any harm. It doesn't have to be recipricated to be love.

Love is a gift to be given without expectations of something in return.

As for some idiot sending money to someone they haven't met? Especially someone in the middle east and doing it from Canada, WTF? Now that is just plain wrong, does she not watch the news? Can she not find someone from a country not in an area of conflict? Not to be mean or judgmental here but we've had enough problems with terrorists in our country, he may not be but you never know. The woman should be slapped.

I have sent little gifts to friends all over the world, whom I have never met, but never money.
 wurl
Msg: 607
Posted: 7/25/2006 8:41:54 PM
of course, but so what. Love is just a psychological mechanism that can be triggered with the correct mating dance. There are plenty of players (not fish) whom know exactly how to do so via the written word. But there is no substance or value. Proceed with caution.
 khris20m2
Msg: 608
Posted: 7/28/2006 12:30:08 AM
i don't think that is possible without meeting. you can open yourself up to the idea and want it badly with this person that you have come to care about. but from expeirence if the physical stuff isn't there then all the personality in the world won't count being nice and talking sweet is no substitute for physical intimacy
 Tayven
Msg: 609
Posted: 7/28/2006 12:31:39 AM
Yes, it isvery possible...
 BCDream
Msg: 610
Posted: 7/28/2006 2:43:22 AM
No its a fantasy.
 atomhead
Msg: 611
Posted: 7/28/2006 5:48:21 AM

It's certainly possible, since I consider love a choice. However like any choice you have things that lead you to that decision and if you haven't met a person there's a lot you're missing that would allow you to make a decision on whether that person's right for you.

Alot of people chat for a long time over the Net and meet a person and it's like night and day. I certainly wouldn't get close to someone I haven't met.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 612
Posted: 7/28/2006 7:33:51 AM
I guess not but the fantasy sure does feel real
 lilangel55
Msg: 613
Posted: 7/30/2006 4:47:45 AM
yeah! I feel in love with a guy online! But it did'nt work out. I do belive it can happen to any one!
 babygurl123456
Msg: 614
Posted: 7/31/2006 3:49:16 PM
I believe it is cause i fell in love with my man and i met him on a chat room on a phone. We met and clicked instantly. I believe that if u always think of him and want to spend every waking moment with him near u then u r in love
 danasweetlips
Msg: 615
Posted: 7/31/2006 4:02:08 PM
To Smile with your eyes,.........I so totally agree with you on the teeth thing!!! I am a sucker for a gorgeous smile and when a man smiles at me and his teeth are rotting........what does that tell you?!!! If he can't take care of his teeth, he can't take care of himself. And I agree, who wants to kiss a man with rotting teeth........yuck!!!! I practice what I preach, my teeth, I take very good care of them and hope to have them until I am 102 years old.....lol.....god help me if I live that long.

I thought I was the only one with a tooth fetish type deal.......thanks for letting me know I am not the only one...........
 Hopefullady
Msg: 616
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2006 4:27:08 PM
I DEFINITELY think this is possible. If you have connected at a spiritual level and the connection is real and ongoing I don't see why not. As a matter of fact, I was glad to read this post by you b/c I've been in a similar situation. After all, twenty years ago just MEETING online or over the phone was unheard of. Life's too dang short to waste time debating what you know if your heart to be real. If he feels the same way I say GO FOR IT!!! And good luck!
 michael_lynn
Msg: 617
Posted: 8/1/2006 12:05:20 AM
I think you fall in love with the idea of it all. Until you're able to spend time with a person, you can't really judge their character. It's words..that's it....words. Everyone has that! But not everyone has the character that you're looking for. Hope this helps.
 DeMattei
Msg: 618
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2006 9:00:05 AM
evermind...excellent, insightful, comment. Many Kudos to you for it. I'm surprised noone has touched on that perspective before.
I don't agree with the lust factors involved with the possibilities of love on-line. What has that got to do with loving someones inner-self anyway, really. I think that is the issue of love not the outward attraction. I do believe you can love what a person say's, how they react to you, your very personal conversations, their traits, beliefs, characteristics, the beauty of their innerself, and so on. I don't understand the need for the touch phenomenon that "smile" constantly eludes to. I mean, you don't fall IN love with anyone on a physical level. So yes, you can love them for who they are to you. Being "IN" love, is another question? And although you are, and should love your creator being in love in the sense of human love is for another more philosophically oriented debate than on this thread.
Anyway, I believe YEEESSS, cause I am!!!
 SelenanNc
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2006 9:11:21 AM
Some guys never smile in there pics scares me to-death and then there is how do they smell?? and what if they have no teeth, Im not shallow but, i like what i like right! Good luck to you thou
 DeMattei
Msg: 620
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2006 9:44:28 AM
midland girl - Do you have any other experiences that are less extreme. As in some sort of normal relationship...Yea, I know whatever that is? If people are completely honest with everything they say to each other on-line, IMing, etc. Then they have the basis for an understanding of who each other is, and how they feel about what has transpired thus far. If that brings to them a feeling of happiness, and hope for a better future together....they go to bed with a smile on their face purely because of the connection with the person they feel love for...Not IN love with...then I say give it a chance...not everyone has missing front teeth or bad breath or doesn't treat you like a lady at all times. Believe me my lady has put me through alot of hoops to get to know the real me. So, we have an excellent head start on the eventual physical meeting and not the awkwardness that will be there on your first meeting otherwise. Yes, we are both taking it very slow and with readied red flags in case, but so far everything has been completely compatible for the two of us, and we are becoming supportive, best friends because of our on-line connection. A vitally important thing to have before "IN" love happens!
 newfiePenny
Msg: 621
Posted: 8/6/2006 2:26:04 PM
Meeting the man of your dreams..well of course..its possible..but falling in love with a guy you never met..its incredible! I experienced once..and i found this guy that I may be falling for even though we havent' dated yet..but will be soon. I hope that things will go well between us..and that he knows that he is the sweetest man alive!
 DStarz
Msg: 622
Posted: 8/6/2006 2:42:01 PM
I dont believe its In Love..It maybe In Love with the Thought...But Not the Whole person...I think it is more IN LUST!!!..

Talking on phone and on line is a wonderful way to get to know each other..But there still is the physical..And Im sorry but I believe we all have guide lines...And love maybe blind..But that too I believe comes with time..and being with that person..In Person!

Its wonderful if it all works out..But I do believe in meeting right away..So no one gets hurt too deeply..and also..Maybe not getting involved with folks from far off lands..If your looking for someone try to keep it close...
 yamahawarrior
Msg: 623
Posted: 8/6/2006 3:32:02 PM
i have been talking to this girl she is beautiful has a great smile and makes me feel good with what she sais i get that weird feeling when talking to here she sais she gets the same and realy likes it we both say this is scarry because we are only talking online we have talked every day for the last 7 days no less than 2 hours a time probably like more than 20 hours give or take total in 7 days last night we got on late 11-11:30 and didnt get off till like after 3 in the morning i told her i expected a short night since we got on late and she said will we ever have a short nite. she tells me personal things and we are geting to know eachother realy well i have been sending her some silly photoshop images and she really likes them just to play around with here we were joking about asking eachother out she asked me out so i was being creative and did the first photoshop image to ask here out to try and be creative she loved that thats how i got started with the image sending. i told here i look foward to talking to her each day and that i always cant wait she said the same thing. i asked here if she thinks about me throught the day she said all the time. after the first time talking to here she sent me more photos of here she only had one posted of her and her sister i never asked for any pics. this may be scarry because i dont know what to expect falling for some one online and never meet her. how do i tell if we have something going on. can she be the one how do i tell when will i know how will i know.
 myrna loy
Msg: 624
Posted: 8/6/2006 4:55:49 PM
I do think you can. Having a relationship over the internet can result in love. I met a guy 4 months on the Fish, he was the first person I talked to and refused to put a picture, but looking for a man I was open minded.When I met him, I new l wanted to be with him for the rest of my days. When we talked it was perfect. Now, I see him and talk daily, he has not talked about his feelings and has issues from his previous marriage, but I will figure out a way to make work I can be a patienced person. Hey what do you have to loose.
 mysassyself
Msg: 625
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2006 5:14:26 PM
Hey, isn't life one big mysterious chance, anyway? How many of us have met someone in person and thought we knew them, only to find out we were wrong. Love is risky! Go for it, and good luck! I, for one, am rooting for you, and can't wait until the day you meet him. Be sure to post the outcome!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?