Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seychelle
Msg: 860
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 25 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
I developed feelings, sometime ago, for a man I had never met. Common sense let me know that nothing good would come of the relationship and we broke off communication with each other. When I first looked at his picture, I felt weak; he had that effect on me. Moving on is the best thing for me emotionally and that is what I've done.
 LucyBadCat :p
Msg: 861
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 10/27/2006 4:11:22 AM
Yes. I go back on my former opinion.
 Serenity73157
Msg: 863
Posted: 10/27/2006 7:54:42 AM
sure it's possible it's called a fairy tale. If you mean in real life, absolutely not because you have NO idea who the real person behind the PC/messenger/telephone is.
 myrwo6
Msg: 864
Posted: 10/27/2006 8:55:47 AM
This girl I've known for about a month, we havn;t met yet; although, we talk everynight for about 3 to 4 hours. I really do think there could be love involved. Love; I believe, can show itself in many instances. I don't think it is impossible to not fall in love with someone just because you have not touched them yet. We meet tomorrow by the way. Yeah!!
 OliviaBella
Msg: 865
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:54:36 PM
Goodness transends distance. If you meet someone and they are truly caring and want you for you and you have a good solid friendship g-d knows where it can go.

Good luck

Oliviabella
 CHEFHOOTSIE
Msg: 866
Posted: 10/27/2006 5:07:53 PM
I dont think you can really truly be in love with someone you've never actually met but I do believe that strong feelings can be created. Never underestiamte the strength of good convesation. I personally have fallen for a guy over ten years of talking over the internet and nothing ever came of it and I always wonder what if....but I never felt love from it. The question is why haven't you met him yet?? Good luck on this one...
 dancersing
Msg: 867
Posted: 10/29/2006 11:49:33 PM
It definetly IS!!!! I know people will tell you all day that its not. I used to get that from my friends and family constantly. I found a guy online that I talked to for years. It didnt work out, but I fell so hard for him. I know I was in love.

I know that people say that I was either in love with the idea of being in love or that I just liked him and that I couldnt possibly be in love if I had never met him or touched him. Well, for those of us that have experienced falling in love without having met the person, we know its real. We know it can happen. Whether it works out in the end or not isnt the question.

You can fall in love with someone you've never met. Just make sure you dont jump right into any strong commitment without thouroughly getting to know the person in real life as well. If you really love the person than a few months or even a few years of knowing the person face to face will not do anything but strenghthen your already brilliant fire for eachother.
 Right...Mr Right
Msg: 869
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:05:08 PM
It is possible and I am going to Sweden on Friday!
 Servitude
Msg: 870
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:34:59 PM
I am going to say one thing about this thread, okay, maybe two....
It is very refreshing to see people on here that put the physicality's of love aside. It seems to be somewhat rare I think, that is my observation.
Is it possible for a blind person to love?
Can one fall in love with an idea?
Can one fall in love with words?
With a voice?
It would be only fair here to say that these things are more powerful then the aesthetic love most people go for. Fall in love with looks, when those looks go away what do you have left? In this I say I only hope it is true, for I do not know since I have never experienced it. Best wishes to all that try, may your dreams come true...
 dylemma
Msg: 871
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:33:02 PM
Supposedly. A friend of mine's friend, from California, added me to MSN and after a couple weeks decided he was madly in love with me, despite my going on and on about how we'd never met. He ended up coming up here one weekend, with a bunch of presents including this gold necklace with our birthstones in a heart, and it was really, really awkward for me because I didn't have the same feelings. (And I'm glad I didn't further anything, because when he got home, he sent me pictures of the "us" scrapbook he made, including EVERY photo of me he could find on my Photobucket and whatever. Creepy!)

But, cynical as I sound, I think it probably CAN happen; I developed a really great friendship over MSN with a girl and we were on the phone together for like, seven hours a night because we had so much in common and I think if you can have that, why not fall in love? I just don't believe in starting a relationship until you're physically together.
 Steven02151
Msg: 872
Posted: 10/30/2006 4:02:10 PM
This is going to be fun to watch crash and burn. 99% fantasy, sweetie. test reality before you get too much further ...
 nomenome
Msg: 876
Posted: 10/31/2006 5:55:50 AM
just my personal opinion, but 'no'. sorry. you may love someone, but you won't be in love WITH someone until you meet them. there is a difference. but i do wish you and anyone else luck.
 Servitude
Msg: 877
Posted: 10/31/2006 6:10:22 AM
Nice reply Octber-Sky. It is disheartening to look around at all the posts and see all of the people who cannot envision love without first being physically attracted. Then they wonder why there love falls apart when it was only superficial to begin with. I have become attracted to women for other then there aesthetic values, but I have never made the leap to love from there. Only because the circumstances did not permit, but this is the one value I am currently looking for in a woman that I will need for my next relationship. I believe this ability will help make for a long lasting partnership.
 Caper143
Msg: 878
Posted: 10/31/2006 8:37:59 AM
Yes it is...I loved a man for 2 years before I met him..now I met him 6 months ago...and he is all I ever wanted. And if I am ever ready for a relationship, then he is who I want. I completely understand.
 mallice
Msg: 879
Posted: 10/31/2006 1:36:07 PM
Well feelings can be strong for that person you have never met, But meeting with that special someone in person is well totally different. Ya there can be chemistry there and the feelings can be as strong as ever. But people are much more different offline then they are online.
So take the time to get to know them in person, and then decide if you are truly in love with them or the Fantasy of a man you only have talked to and seen pictures of.
 Titian
Msg: 880
Posted: 10/31/2006 6:11:07 PM
Verissa ....maybe he was married ?
 samoy2e
Msg: 881
Posted: 10/31/2006 9:35:01 PM
yes it is and i am meeting someone for the first time.. i can hardly wait to meet him.
 colt8301
Msg: 882
Posted: 11/1/2006 2:30:37 AM
Okay Verissa, you are in lala land, and sound very delusional, but I can say yes you can fall for someone you never seen before, because basically even though they are communicating with you they still are just apart of your imagination and you tend to sensationalize anything that is in your imagination. anyway it's okay to come back to earth.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 883
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:29:46 AM
nope not possibly to be really truly in love with someone until you have met and spent time with them. You may be in love with the idea of being in love ,or love some aspects of them , or love them like a friend or lust after them , or some combination thereof but love takes time and in my opinion is something that grows from being with a person physically (not necessarily sexually either!) , emotionally and mentally - until all three happen , nope.
 tiggy77
Msg: 885
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:20:11 AM
I never thought it could happen......until it did - i have been talking to a guy now nearly every day online and on the phone for at least 3 hours and i know more about him in less than a month than i did about my ex in my last relationship of over 6 1/2 years. We┬┤ve bared out hearts and souls to each other..........and i love him - u know who u r.......
 zonkedout78
Msg: 886
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:54:04 AM
you know this is a good one....heres my opinion, you CAN fall for someone you never met. I fell into great like with a guy that I had been talking to for 3 weeks some e-mail....lots of phone. we hit it off great talked about anything and everything. untill....we met!! we met in a local pub in my hometown and we were getting along great! untill I go to the bathroom and he takes off like the rest of his hair was on fire. So maybe you can fall in love/like without meeting.....but what about the first meet? Can you fall out of love/like after meeting the first time?
 tutu4me
Msg: 887
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:58:46 AM
very possible but the trick is to keep that love going after the meet and only time can really answer that part
 rosesnmoreroses
Msg: 888
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 12:23:23 PM
So being on here looking for a mate is a sign of being desperate and needy?I do not agree with that just because we are honestly and sincerly looking for friends and soulmates dont make us desperate and needy the way you put it.and i will say yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you have not met in person writing and talking exchanging pictures i think one can get to know someone very well like that over a period of time can fall in love wth the,I know because i did,may not happen for everyone but it does happen to some,,we are all different that is why we have different opinions,,I am new on pof and i have been reading the forums and the different opinions of everyone is very interesting,,just thought i would add mine,,
 Hopebeam
Msg: 889
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:31:11 PM
NO. Trust me here. The answer is NO. If you are in love with someone you never met, you are in love with your fantasy. The In-Real-Life Guy (or Woman) is not what what you imagine. YOU HAVE TO MEET. And if he (or she) doesn't want to meet, move on. Fantasies are sweet, but they don't keep you warm at night.
 faithful1957
Msg: 890
Posted: 11/2/2006 6:27:29 PM
To me its not all about looks it who the person is inside..And like servitude said looks fade..
My late husband was not a great looking guy buy i feel in love with how he wrote me poems and how real he was and when we did meet it was like a fairy tale and it lasted 25 wonderful years and to me he was great. Looks are secontairy to me it's the person on the inside that counts.

Gail
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >