Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kingofaman
Msg: 901
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 37 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
Lust or infatuation maybe, but true love takes time to develope. For some the infatuation stage lasts a couple of months while for others it could last a year. If its your soulmate, don't rush things but rather enjoy the moment.
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 902
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 10/24/2006 11:01:25 AM
Sure, you may fall in love with them, but if "they" are not presenting themselves 100% completely and accurately, than you really dont love "them" but moreso their representation of themselves... in which case it kind of negates all that love.
 Honesty1965
Msg: 903
Posted: 10/24/2006 7:45:47 PM
It's true that people can be different in real life than just via email. But that doesn't mean that you can't feel all those wonderful things online. You get to know a lot about a person and who they are. And even if you meet them and things don't work out, it doesn't mean that they lied, it just means that the connection wasn't made face to face.
I met someone and all things felt very real, but once we met things moved too fast and we didn't have that phase in a relationship to truly get to know one another in person! Things went sour for many reasons, but that doesn't mean either of us lied while we were getting to know one another online! It just means that we had those things in common, but on different levels and that excited us! Meeting is the key though, don't be too rushed to say "I love you" to the other end of the chat screen until you have had that chance to know them on a more intimate personal level!
Take it slow....if it's meant to be it will happen!

marg_mh_ab
Msg: 904
Posted: 10/25/2006 12:13:41 AM
*~Never say never~*
 Felda
Msg: 905
Posted: 10/25/2006 5:36:30 AM
Yes it is. I did a few years ago. I fell in love with the guy's personality, character, humour and sensitivity as well as his looks but got to know the good stuff first and meeting up was the icing on the cake. Unfortunately, there were too many miles between us for it to have worked
 meagain0306
Msg: 906
Posted: 10/25/2006 5:48:09 PM
I have a question for Smile. Why is it that you think that there has to be physical stuff in order to know if you are in love or not. I think that is pretty shallow. You might as well say that if he wony sleep with you, you cant love him.
 nini79
Msg: 907
Posted: 10/25/2006 6:25:37 PM
I'm going to go with no. I don't think so. Ok...let me fix that..."I" personally cannot. There may be people who can. I don't think so because you never know how your energy is when you are together until you have actually been together. You can know them inside and out and think they are fantastic, but until you get to look in to the other person's eyes and feel the chemistry, I don't think it is possible.

I am sure lots of people have and have lived happily ever after. I think that is great for them. Maybe I am just too skeptical to say yes, but I say no.
 nini79
Msg: 908
Posted: 10/25/2006 6:31:01 PM
: Ok let me ask you this...what is your biggest turn off?

I'll explain. Mine is gross teeth...green/yellow/metal filled what have you.

I've met guys who were nice...but never smiled in their pics...then you get there to meet them..and they have the jacked up grill...add to that some kicking breath...and you have instant turnoff to me. It's not a shallow thing..it's a eww thing...I don't want your tongue in my mouth if you don't brush your teeth. So..I'm saying...that even though they were rocking my world...after seeing the jacked grill...my world was no longer open to being rocked.

I'm saying be careful...don't fall too quick...keep your head about things. And believe me...I am crossing all my fingers and toes that it works out for you! :)

i am soooo with you on the teeth thing!!! I don't mean to sound shallow...but lots of guys won't smile here???? If I met someone that was perfect...I don't know what I would do. Teeth can be fixed...but it would be hard. Who doesn't love a beautiful smile?
 sigma1040
Msg: 909
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:00:45 PM
it is possible...

we live in a totaly different world compaired to 20 30 years ago when we didnt have things like the internet and so on, now adays you can meet some 1 that lives across the planet and talk to them instantly, and for free, (ie MSN, Skype, ECT) and speak with video calls and so on, talk for hours on end and fall for someone that you may not have physicaly met, i too have met someone, (she lives in iceland, and i live in canada) and she and i BOTH know that if we did meet in person we would fall for eachother, we might even have already..if this was 1990 or 1980 we would of probably never met...

this is just the world that we live in, and yes it is 100% possible to fall for someone that you havent met physicaly..

keep in mind that falling for someone is MENTAL, when you fall for someone you fall for thier mind and how they treat you and so on, MENTAL things

PHYSICAL things too but thats the lust side of the "love"

in any situation you can have one without the other, or both at the same time

your situation being you have that mental love for the person, you love the way you interact MENTALY (ie talking, you know eachother and love eachother, you have that "click" "spark" "butterflies" think about eachother ALLLLL the time ECT)

and you WANT the physical lust side of it too...but cant because of distance or whatever the case may be..

in conclusion YES it is possible to fall for someone that you have never met

Seychelle
Msg: 910
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2006 7:22:01 PM
I developed feelings, sometime ago, for a man I had never met. Common sense let me know that nothing good would come of the relationship and we broke off communication with each other. When I first looked at his picture, I felt weak; he had that effect on me. Moving on is the best thing for me emotionally and that is what I've done.
 LucyBadCat :p
Msg: 911
Posted: 10/27/2006 4:11:22 AM
Yes. I go back on my former opinion.
 Just A Woman***
Msg: 912
Posted: 10/27/2006 6:31:19 AM
Yes you can have a mental connection, and an infatuation (LUST) but love is something that should not come easy. It takes time for sure.
The last time I was in love what really told me I was in love was when I learned that nothing he did irritated me. Also, instead of after a year our sex life didn't die it just got amazingly better. To me that physical part is very, very important. Passion, passion and lust.
Wow, that was amazing because when I was married everything he did irritated me..LOL..
 Serenity73157
Msg: 913
Posted: 10/27/2006 7:54:42 AM
sure it's possible it's called a fairy tale. If you mean in real life, absolutely not because you have NO idea who the real person behind the PC/messenger/telephone is.
 lanalou
Msg: 914
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2006 8:05:14 AM
yes very possible i did but be warned i travelled 8.ooo miles to be with him and all he told me was lies he turned out to be a bum xxxx but i wish you luck
 myrwo6
Msg: 915
Posted: 10/27/2006 8:55:47 AM
This girl I've known for about a month, we havn;t met yet; although, we talk everynight for about 3 to 4 hours. I really do think there could be love involved. Love; I believe, can show itself in many instances. I don't think it is impossible to not fall in love with someone just because you have not touched them yet. We meet tomorrow by the way. Yeah!!
 OliviaBella
Msg: 916
Posted: 10/27/2006 1:54:36 PM
Goodness transends distance. If you meet someone and they are truly caring and want you for you and you have a good solid friendship g-d knows where it can go.

Good luck

Oliviabella
 CHEFHOOTSIE
Msg: 917
Posted: 10/27/2006 5:07:53 PM
I dont think you can really truly be in love with someone you've never actually met but I do believe that strong feelings can be created. Never underestiamte the strength of good convesation. I personally have fallen for a guy over ten years of talking over the internet and nothing ever came of it and I always wonder what if....but I never felt love from it. The question is why haven't you met him yet?? Good luck on this one...
 dancersing
Msg: 918
Posted: 10/29/2006 11:49:33 PM
It definetly IS!!!! I know people will tell you all day that its not. I used to get that from my friends and family constantly. I found a guy online that I talked to for years. It didnt work out, but I fell so hard for him. I know I was in love.

I know that people say that I was either in love with the idea of being in love or that I just liked him and that I couldnt possibly be in love if I had never met him or touched him. Well, for those of us that have experienced falling in love without having met the person, we know its real. We know it can happen. Whether it works out in the end or not isnt the question.

You can fall in love with someone you've never met. Just make sure you dont jump right into any strong commitment without thouroughly getting to know the person in real life as well. If you really love the person than a few months or even a few years of knowing the person face to face will not do anything but strenghthen your already brilliant fire for eachother.
 Verissa
Msg: 919
Posted: 10/30/2006 11:56:50 AM

sure it's possible it's called a fairy tale. If you mean in real life, absolutely not because you have NO idea who the real person behind the PC/messenger/telephone is.

It's posts like this, (sorry not picking on you directly) that make me really sad. What about in war time 50-60 years ago when soldiers were over seas and fell in love via letter? Correspondence has for years been a great means in which to meet and fall in love with the insides rather than the exterior of a person. Sure you may meet and find that there is no chemistry but does that mean that you loved them any less as a person? No...
 Right...Mr Right
Msg: 920
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:05:08 PM
It is possible and I am going to Sweden on Friday!
 Servitude
Msg: 921
Posted: 10/30/2006 12:34:59 PM
I am going to say one thing about this thread, okay, maybe two....
It is very refreshing to see people on here that put the physicality's of love aside. It seems to be somewhat rare I think, that is my observation.
Is it possible for a blind person to love?
Can one fall in love with an idea?
Can one fall in love with words?
With a voice?
It would be only fair here to say that these things are more powerful then the aesthetic love most people go for. Fall in love with looks, when those looks go away what do you have left? In this I say I only hope it is true, for I do not know since I have never experienced it. Best wishes to all that try, may your dreams come true...
 dylemma
Msg: 922
Posted: 10/30/2006 3:33:02 PM
Supposedly. A friend of mine's friend, from California, added me to MSN and after a couple weeks decided he was madly in love with me, despite my going on and on about how we'd never met. He ended up coming up here one weekend, with a bunch of presents including this gold necklace with our birthstones in a heart, and it was really, really awkward for me because I didn't have the same feelings. (And I'm glad I didn't further anything, because when he got home, he sent me pictures of the "us" scrapbook he made, including EVERY photo of me he could find on my Photobucket and whatever. Creepy!)

But, cynical as I sound, I think it probably CAN happen; I developed a really great friendship over MSN with a girl and we were on the phone together for like, seven hours a night because we had so much in common and I think if you can have that, why not fall in love? I just don't believe in starting a relationship until you're physically together.
 Steven02151
Msg: 923
Posted: 10/30/2006 4:02:10 PM
This is going to be fun to watch crash and burn. 99% fantasy, sweetie. test reality before you get too much further ...
 october-sky
Msg: 924
Posted: 10/30/2006 4:47:18 PM
Hi Verissa

Its been a long while and this post is still going.

I want to thank you for bringing such an interesting topic to the forum. It has helped me out with the varied replies and also knowing that there are other people who have similar values, ideas, opinions, beliefs etc.

Alot of interesting comments and replies.

AS the saying goes "never say never" because that is how i felt at one time, until my situaion with the one i havent met (yet). Will not repeat because it is such a long story and the thread is miles back as to when i replied.

Verissa, i really like what you wrote in your last post (10/30/2006 ). And as your last bit in your reply asks the question does that mean you love the person any less just because there is no chemistry - my answer would be NO as well..sometimes..when one first meets..there may not be those sparks..but after awhile..listening to the person speak, observing how they treat another etc..can at times bring that spark that one would never think possible.

Thinking back to stories i have heard from elderly people how just as you mentioned, they corresponded to one another, finally met and married and lived a very long life together. It can happen.

P.S. your profile always makes me laugh at what you write. It reminds me of myself at times when i was younger and the sense of humour i had. It is still there, just dont share it as often anymore.

Verissa, are you still in touch with the friend that you did have the opportunity to meet?

Have fun dancing around the bonfires on all Hallows Eve.
 october-sky
Msg: 925
Posted: 10/30/2006 4:52:58 PM
Hello Servitude

I just wanted you to know i like your reply.
Your words make sense and are very true.

People are also forgetting about others that fall in love without seeing their partner or maybe ever hearing the sound of their voice, because of being blind or having hearing loss. People fall in love with one another for a variety of reasons and it doesnt have to be just the physical aspect..as you mentioned - once the looks are gone - then what does one have left?

VEry good point!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?