Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kanyonatic
Msg: 1234
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 39 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
yes it is possible and when you meet you will know if it is true i know as a friend\has done this and she met him and they have been married for over 20 years! so dont let anyone put you off.
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 1235
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:04:23 PM
No it is not. You are receiving a very 2-dimensional perspective on this man. When and if you meet in person you might discover he is not at all attractive to you, or that he is quite boorish and rude in person, etc. What you feel is infatuation, not at all the same thing as love.
 mickey_mcm
Msg: 1236
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:08:16 PM
I believe you can get to know someone by talking with them a lot.....But love them before you ever really meet them know...If you chat with someone everyday and get to know them......Then ya'll meet and really hit it off....Then it wont take long before you fall in love.
 Sunshinegirl79
Msg: 1237
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:11:03 PM
No, it's not. Sorry but I think that you are being naive. It's a nice idea, but I think real love takes so much more - like having actually met the person lol. Make sense? You mention how wonderful "the thought of...." doing whatever it is with this person is to you. Because it's just that, a thought, a fantasy - like your supposed love for this guy. Good luck
 Unlike Dorothy
Msg: 1238
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:41:39 PM

How can someone make you so happy and fulfilled when you've never laid eyes on one another? Is it possible?

It is possible if you are living in a total fantasy!!! And all those thoughts about their touch, etc., is just plain old havint the hots for someone!! What are you going to do if you meet and he turns out to have an annoying eye twitch??? Really, you need to stop living in the fantasy and arrange to meet this person so you can find out what is there is reality!!!

spike me
Msg: 1239
Posted: 4/12/2008 9:53:26 PM
NO!!! you can be attracted to like have a communication connection but youll never know the full picture of them . (like how they react, quirks, and how their touch feels when you close your eyes.) Until that happens just go with the awsome feeling.
 ...rosie...
Msg: 1240
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:04:53 PM
i agree spike...

we can fall for the illusion of a person we never met...become seduced by their words...miss them when they don't post or email...and maybe even feel love...but be careful...not all are honest and kind..some, sadly to say, play games with emotions of others...

enjoy your friendship...but keep a foot in reality, just in case... once you meet, i think you'll know if the person is genuine to their words...
best of luck..
deb
 divineadvisor
Msg: 1241
Posted: 4/12/2008 10:18:27 PM
No, it is not possible to "fall in love"...you can develop this huge fantasy crush on someone you made up in your head, but that is about it.
 Eddy-bear
Msg: 1242
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:18:50 PM
Of course you can...
Then you can go and meet the person and hope they meet your sky high expectations.
Mission impossible?
You're in pretty deep and needing an answer, and you won't know until you try.
I hope it works for you 'cause it'll prove there's always a chance.

Good luck
 CountryRoadz
Msg: 1243
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:14:46 PM
I spoke with a girl nightly for over a month before we met. We would watch the same TV show and talk about it while we were on the phone as if we were together and I felt really strong about her and excited to see her. I lived 6 hours away. When we finally met there was no physical attraction and it was very disappointing.
 libby1217
Msg: 1244
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:35:35 PM
of course it is possible...all these things we want...someone to make our knees weak and make us feel strong and think everything we do is cute....you love him!? what if he's fat? what if he's unattractive? what if he's deformed? what if he's deaf? what if he's handicapped?would that change your mind?.....it shouldn't. If you feel all those things that should be all that counts....too many people are into physical beauty they forget whats on the inside.....if you feel love right now you should feel it when you meet...if not...well...that says a lot about you...
 TheArmyLife
Msg: 1245
Posted: 10/27/2008 12:01:59 AM
Possible? Yes.
Likely? No.
 NotaFish68
Msg: 1246
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:01:04 AM
Having a relationship with someone online is like dating without the 'Ick'. Someone can portray themselves in whatever light they want to, even unintentionally.

I'm sure you have feelings. I'm sure those feelings are real. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get to know the actual person before jumping into things.
 sammyjcjr
Msg: 1247
Posted: 10/28/2008 3:52:10 PM
Yes it is possible. I have fallen for someone I never met a long time ago. But I also agree with the first person who replied on here as well. On the internet people can be anything they want to be. I have met people who I didn't feel were the same person I met online. People some times misrepresent themselves. Sometimes things change when you are face to face with someone. So be careful. Don't commit to anything until you two meet in person and have a physical relationship and see where it goes and if he is the same person you met on here. Good luck
 bucsgirl
Msg: 1248
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 3:56:53 PM
It's totally dependent on how transparent both people are.

If they're presenting themselves as they truly are, then yes it is possible to love the individual for the person they are without having to experience the physical part of their presence.

It doesn't happen often, but that doesn't mean it never happens either IMO.
 screenangel
Msg: 1249
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:24:38 PM
Not for me! I might be attracted to someone online, or enjoy chatting with them and value their friendship, but "falling in love" is difficult enough in person and over a long period of time at that! "There's nothing like the real thing, baby"!
 Joeyforyou
Msg: 1250
Posted: 10/28/2008 6:29:54 PM
I think it is possible to fall in love with someone that you never met. I met my last girlfriends from another free dating site. In fact, we communicated for two weeks on DatingBetter.com before we met. We really liked each other beofre meeting, not quite love but pretty close...
 Metallica87
Msg: 1251
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:32:11 PM
You can't fall in love with someone based on their words. It takes actions, time together, culture, so much to really experience true love.

Right now, it's just infatuation with the PERCEPTION of who this person is.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 1252
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:11:53 AM
The word Crush comes to mind.
Haven't we all had them?
 Knittin Kitten
Msg: 1253
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:13:10 AM
This was kinda tempting, ya gotta admit.... This was not the only one, just the latest one, a few months ago.....There was at least about a year of them....but, sadly, no meeting in person.

Oh, did I tell you that I received a phone call from his "live in" SO? She saw my phone number on the cell phone bill. Wonder if she saw any of the hundreds of cards, like this one?

KK

I can only imagine what being in your arms at last will do to me. How I long for that moment, so many times I have fallen asleep trying to envision that moment.......knowing that no matter what I dream nothing will compare to the moment when you are finally mine. How I will delight in loving you, caring for you, spoiling you........to be able to feel you and have you feel me, will be the greatest gift I have ever received. I have so much in me to give.

give me your touches.........how I will delight in letting you teach me the ways of you. Kiss me everywhere, kiss me my as I kiss you, caress me with your hands, let me feel you heat. I will never be able to get enough of you, always satisfying each other but always wanting more and more.....I slept very little last night, the thoughts of finally being with you filled my dreams...........wanting you more than I could ever imagine. Knowing the time of our meeting could be soon filled my thoughts with love and desire for you. Sometimes it seems you are right there with me, I can taste your kisses on my lips and the heady smell of feeling you in the heat of passion fills the air. I want you - let me come to you and let us bring the beautiful words of "Whispers of Love" to life.
 ¬•ogi
Msg: 1254
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:15:16 AM

Only if you live in a desolate are with no other human lifeform around. Cable TV is not available and you make a monthly run to town to get your supplies.
 CindyForumsONLY
Msg: 1255
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 11:27:59 AM
NO! You can't fall in love with someone unless you have spent time with them. REAL LOVE takes time. You can also fall in love with who you THINK a person is but the truth always comes out eventually.
 treselle
Msg: 1256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 12:49:13 AM
Verissa, how old are you? I heard such stories many times. A guy asked an advise from Dr. Brown. He wrote back and forth to a woman online. They talked on a phone many times during their 3 months online romance and decided that they are made for each other. The woman sold her house and moved to the city far away from her home to be with her Mr. Right. It took him 2 weeks to realize that she was not The One. And he did not know what to do. You are a bit insecure ..... it is so easy to a guy just to say that you are perfect and you would be devoted to him forever. You have 2 kids and you never been married? And you consider yourself independent. You do not sound like one. You went through hell in your last relationship? So, you are needy for a good one. There are many men online who are needy for such online romances like you are having right now. And many of them are either married or in a relationship. Did you show your children's photos to him? I knew a man who said the same things to a 4o year old woman because she had an adorable young teenage daughter. He even married that woman. 2 years later he divorced her "to be free again!" meaning to be available for another woman this time 15 years younger. Too many compliments .....seems like you need it. You need to work on your self-esteem in order to prevent another HELL.
 52poets
Msg: 1257
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:26:31 AM
"NO...it is not. Sorry...simple answer. Sadly"
YES, it is possible.
Very much Possible.

It is only impossible for you because you have never been in such a position before, and even if you have been, then it wasn't all that. full stop

Thank You!
 Arabianangel
Msg: 1258
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:31:55 PM
Offcourse it's possible to feel love in that moment, whether or not it lasts is different story...but what counts is the moment you're in not the future. The mind really is an amazing thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >