Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LouiseA88
Msg: 1355
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 39 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
but true love cant be measured it is a connection, in 3 main parts, PHISICAL, emothional and mental! simple!
 walkingtall38
Msg: 1356
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 11/26/2011 2:42:00 PM
That's a tough one. I suppose it would be possible. Can't say I have ever experienced it and would imagine that would be kind of strange but sure...

I believe it can happen.
 Maleman999
Msg: 1357
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:02:05 PM
It happens all the time. Why do you think hot looking movie stars get fan mail from people writing them love letters and asking to marry them? Same thing with rock/rap/bunny-I mean hip hop stars. How many women here had huge crushes on the teeny bopper stars of the day when they were tweens? Almost all.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 1358
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:31:34 PM

No, it's not possible. Falling in love with someone you never met is a type of transference experience.
 LouiseA88
Msg: 1359
Posted: 11/26/2011 4:28:21 PM
maleman i think ull find that is not love that is infatuation very very different!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 1360
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2011 5:10:59 PM
It's possible to have feelings for the picture someone's painted of themselves. For the few times it's happened, when I meet them, their picture of them is skewed. Most people don't have an accurate mirror of themselves, that's why long distance so often doesn't work, so rarely it's borderline insanity. You should be suspicious of anyone who seeks out a long distance relationship for SOOO many reasons.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 1361
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2011 5:29:57 AM
I'm extremely skeptical. Yet it can sure feel like it sometimes. I know I feel that way about Nong Toom. And Ill-Esha (though I have met her, but I felt the same way about her before I met her as I do now...which is madly in love).

I know I feel in love with them, but I can't really know for sure until I spend lots of time with them, in person, one on one.

I think you can fall in love with a person's public image though. The way they portray themselves, online or wherever. But that's only a shadow of who they really are.
 Lbunny69
Msg: 1362
Posted: 11/27/2011 11:08:09 AM
I am living proof that you can fall in love with someone before meeting them.

Met my wife on a local BBS (pre-internet message board and chat system), chatted for weeks and she told me that she was in love with me before we actually met for the first time.

18 years later, have a 13 year old daughter and are still going strong.

So yes, it can happen.
 coyotefeller
Msg: 1363
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:23:41 AM
There is a higher Force at work here
that non believers are dismissing
gingerly ....until they get caught themselves !
Some people will just connect right away,
no matter what the means of communication is
at the time !
Even IceMan is not immune...and that
is saying a lot !
 _shakti_
Msg: 1364
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:36:35 AM
I would have said an emphatic NO prior to joining this site. But when I first joined, it happened to me. I knew that what I was falling in love with was a fantasy, but that didn't stop it from happening..

I will never again allow feelings to grow if I am unable to meet them. I have kept to it all these years later, so in that sense I am grateful for the lesson.

It is kind of interesting when you think about it though.. it makes you question whether falling in love in real life even, is just a fantasy..
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 1365
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:58:26 AM
It is possible, and yes, I've experienced it.

The reason it's possible is that a primary means of becoming intimate is communication. However, even if that's true, virtual communication is insufficient for determining one's romantic compatibility (which is different from falling in love). You won't know if you're a match until you meet. However, you can develop strong feelings, even love, for someone by virtual means alone.

Imagine spending fifty years in a room with someone, separated by an impenetrable glass barrier. You could talk and see each other but could never physically touch. You get along extremely well and learn pretty much everything about each other.

Do you believe it would be likely or impossible that you could fall in love with each other? If you believe it's likely or possible, then congratulations, you are now a believer in virtual love.
 MikeWM
Msg: 1366
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2011 10:59:57 AM
Lots of people claim they love Jesus

So I guess they might think its possible
 bottleguy
Msg: 1367
Posted: 12/27/2011 11:40:06 AM
No. From my experience a lot of people online are just so desperate they think they are in love every time they talk to someone for awhile on one of these sites. No way you can truly love someone without being with them and finding out what they are really like. Like Bruce Springsteen says, it's all about the "human touch."
 kevination
Msg: 1369
Posted: 12/27/2011 12:46:15 PM
depends how desperado u are,
 Imclassique
Msg: 1370
Posted: 12/27/2011 4:40:12 PM
you can certainly fall in love - deffinately - possible - if a mans physical apperance is important, which it is to me, -the way he maintains his life and life style the way he dresses and speaks, the way he treats me etc is all assertainable by email, they give you a broad view and even if he cleans his teeth regularly, cleans his car and changes his clothes, etc ask the vital things you need answers to, see how he responds and see if you share similar standards.
A love connection can be felt by email and made real,- many do and have successfully.
Sounds exciting for you.
 ixtlan09
Msg: 1371
Posted: 12/27/2011 5:11:27 PM
You will meet him. You will immediately have sex. And the relationship will be over in less than three months.

Remember, you heard it hear first.
 NJ_Phil
Msg: 1372
Posted: 12/27/2011 5:17:45 PM
I've read every post here. 5643 people said NO, 3541 people said YES, 1745 people said maybe and I still can't figure out what Sharon said.
 ruspukin
Msg: 1373
Posted: 12/27/2011 6:56:16 PM
once he meets you, all that good stuff will start going southward
 Lookingformore62
Msg: 1374
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:03:15 PM
NO. That's just a fantasy that happens often to people who are new to internet dating. Those of us who have been here awhile know not to trust that feeling and that all bets are off till you meet face to face. I'll take it a step futher and say I prefer meeting people within a few days of communicating. The longer you keep up the "fantasy" without meeting, the more likely you will be disappointed. Expectations just get bigger and bigger the more you communicate without having met in person.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 1375
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:11:42 PM
~OT~ Of course it is. I've deeply loved very few people in my lifetime. Of those I have? Two I have never met. Those two, one man and one woman ~ I hold deeply in my heart/head/soul. I have no intent on meeting either of those two in person, yet when it comes to tried/true love? I speak of those two people first and foremost. Personally? I think this is where most people online get a skewed perception. We profess to "love the person for who they are" not "what they look like" but those are the same people who think you can't "love" without a physical presence. I can love deeply, honestly and without constraints, if the person I love is true of heart, soul, mind. That takes NO physical presence. Therefor? My opinion is that? Yes, indeed!!! You can love someone you've never met. (I get the whole arguement on the topic, however? I think many forget ~~~ love is not just about "romantic" love...there are all types of love. Sad so few clause that in.) JMO
 VirtuallyLove
Msg: 1376
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:48:16 PM
Lookingformore:

"NO. That's just a fantasy that happens often to people who are new to internet dating. Those of us who have been here awhile know not to trust that feeling and that all bets are off till you meet face to face. I'll take it a step futher and say I prefer meeting people within a few days of communicating. The longer you keep up the "fantasy" without meeting, the more likely you will be disappointed. Expectations just get bigger and bigger the more you communicate without having met in person."

In my case, the expectations did get bigger and bigger...and yet were exceeded in the actual meeting.

People's experience with virtual dating varies WILDLY. That's why I'm perfectly comfortable getting to know someone virtually. How well you are prepared for the first meeting - and how pleasantly or unpleasantly you are surprised, if at all - depends in large measure on how honest and thorough you and your virtual partner have been in your communication. Tons of photos (Skype is helpful) and in-depth conversation is a must. This is not for impatient, low-attention span, non-verbal or dishonest people.
 free4all131220
Msg: 1378
Posted: 12/28/2011 12:26:56 AM
up until now i didn't think so, i was always to practical to believe it. but i've been in exclusive chat with someone for a month now, and i'm positive that i love her, and i'm confident she loves me too. Meeting is the final test and it will happen soon. distance has been our only barrier.
 TimeEnoughForLove
Msg: 1379
Posted: 12/28/2011 2:58:30 AM
I'm a wreck

You really answered your own question with the above statement. No it is not love, it is more like 'feeling grateful'. It could turn into love, but that cannot be known without having personal experience. Until then it is simply fantasy.

You met someone who gave you emotional support. You found 'a port in a storm' and that made you feel very comfortable and secure. Your motivation is to get rid of depression and despair which is very normal. The problem is you are using an on line dating service instead of seeking help via more appropriate channels such as counseling services. The motives of the appropriate channels are known.....the motives of the person you met on line are not known.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 1380
Posted: 12/28/2011 4:39:16 AM
It's all in your mind, my friend. Until you have actually met someone face to face, what you have fallen in love with is an idea of a person, not the person themselves.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 1381
Posted: 12/28/2011 4:39:40 AM
It's all in your mind, my friend. Until you have actually met someone face to face, what you have fallen in love with is an idea of a person, not the person themselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >