Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 samoy2e
Msg: 951
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 39 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
yes it is and i am meeting someone for the first time.. i can hardly wait to meet him.
 colt8301
Msg: 952
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 11/1/2006 2:30:37 AM
Okay Verissa, you are in lala land, and sound very delusional, but I can say yes you can fall for someone you never seen before, because basically even though they are communicating with you they still are just apart of your imagination and you tend to sensationalize anything that is in your imagination. anyway it's okay to come back to earth.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 953
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:29:46 AM
nope not possibly to be really truly in love with someone until you have met and spent time with them. You may be in love with the idea of being in love ,or love some aspects of them , or love them like a friend or lust after them , or some combination thereof but love takes time and in my opinion is something that grows from being with a person physically (not necessarily sexually either!) , emotionally and mentally - until all three happen , nope.
 CavesBeach
Msg: 954
Posted: 11/1/2006 3:29:59 AM
The realm of possibility infinitely exceeds the realm of actuality..

although so much is possible more often than not improbable only because of self imposed constraints.

whoa ! to many fortune/X cookies here lol
 tiggy77
Msg: 955
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:20:11 AM
I never thought it could happen......until it did - i have been talking to a guy now nearly every day online and on the phone for at least 3 hours and i know more about him in less than a month than i did about my ex in my last relationship of over 6 1/2 years. We┬┤ve bared out hearts and souls to each other..........and i love him - u know who u r.......
 zonkedout78
Msg: 956
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:54:04 AM
you know this is a good one....heres my opinion, you CAN fall for someone you never met. I fell into great like with a guy that I had been talking to for 3 weeks some e-mail....lots of phone. we hit it off great talked about anything and everything. untill....we met!! we met in a local pub in my hometown and we were getting along great! untill I go to the bathroom and he takes off like the rest of his hair was on fire. So maybe you can fall in love/like without meeting.....but what about the first meet? Can you fall out of love/like after meeting the first time?
 tutu4me
Msg: 957
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:58:46 AM
very possible but the trick is to keep that love going after the meet and only time can really answer that part
 rosesnmoreroses
Msg: 958
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 12:23:23 PM
So being on here looking for a mate is a sign of being desperate and needy?I do not agree with that just because we are honestly and sincerly looking for friends and soulmates dont make us desperate and needy the way you put it.and i will say yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you have not met in person writing and talking exchanging pictures i think one can get to know someone very well like that over a period of time can fall in love wth the,I know because i did,may not happen for everyone but it does happen to some,,we are all different that is why we have different opinions,,I am new on pof and i have been reading the forums and the different opinions of everyone is very interesting,,just thought i would add mine,,
 Hopebeam
Msg: 959
Posted: 11/1/2006 4:31:11 PM
NO. Trust me here. The answer is NO. If you are in love with someone you never met, you are in love with your fantasy. The In-Real-Life Guy (or Woman) is not what what you imagine. YOU HAVE TO MEET. And if he (or she) doesn't want to meet, move on. Fantasies are sweet, but they don't keep you warm at night.
 faithful1957
Msg: 960
Posted: 11/2/2006 6:27:29 PM
To me its not all about looks it who the person is inside..And like servitude said looks fade..
My late husband was not a great looking guy buy i feel in love with how he wrote me poems and how real he was and when we did meet it was like a fairy tale and it lasted 25 wonderful years and to me he was great. Looks are secontairy to me it's the person on the inside that counts.

Gail
 bucsgirl
Msg: 961
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2006 6:30:42 PM
I think it's more about how much like his personna he is in person. And I'm not talking about looks at all. I found one who was, but admit they're a rare breed.
 Verissa
Msg: 962
Posted: 11/4/2006 10:40:00 AM
The realm of possibility infinitely exceeds the realm of actuality..

although so much is possible more often than not improbable only because of self imposed constraints.

whoa ! to many fortune/X cookies here lol

Ahhhh Caves, you know I do love you!!! Falling in love and loving someone are variations on a theme. All you have to do is love someone and the possibilities are endless. But it has to be something that you really want. Like I really want you Mr.
 kingofaman
Msg: 963
Posted: 11/4/2006 3:59:57 PM
Until you realize that a great relationship is created by who you are being,
you won't have one.
 jacoose
Msg: 964
Posted: 11/4/2006 4:33:41 PM
Of course it is. "WHY"???
First of all i would like to say; "THIS WON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE".

If you think for sure he is genuine and absolutely telling the truth about himself, then why not?

Most of the religions nowadays allow unsolicited dating. Where as in times gone by, your family would have been very much involved in helping you find a perfect match.

They would have checked out his family and what he could offer you in means of keeping you happy.

Now you have to do it yourself.

If you can click with someone on the same wave length as you and you are sure that u r compatible, then yes i am sure it is possible.

GIve it a go,

All the best.

Just remember, It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
 faithful1957
Msg: 965
Posted: 11/4/2006 4:50:32 PM
(Jacoose)) you said it..
 xandrialayne
Msg: 966
Posted: 11/4/2006 4:55:08 PM
Love you is how YOU feel. Not how someone else tells you it should be. So YES IT IS POSSIBLE: now if it lasts forever, thats another story. If you feel it and so does he, go for it. What have you got to lose? You never know unless you try.. Good Luck..
 MAVERICK49
Msg: 967
MINDFULL OF WHO YOU ARE
Posted: 11/4/2006 5:16:46 PM
RICK HERE
YOU HAVE MIND CONTACT
WORDS ARE THE EXPOSITION OF THE MIND
THOUGHTS ARE STRONGER THAN THE HUMAN BODIES ABILITY TO COMPREHEND
YOU HAVE BEEN GIFTED BY WHOMEVER IS IN CHARGE
I WILL TAKE IT THAT YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIS PICTURE YET
THAT WILL BE THE TEST OF YOUR AFFECTION
HE COULD BE A WHALE
HE COULD BE AN ABOMINATION OF THE HUMAN FORM WITH A MIND CONTACT
OR HE COULD BE A HUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES
IF HE'S A HUNK WHY IS HE HERE?
IF ITS THE REMAINDER OF THE DESCRIPTIONS WE KNOW WHY?
SO WHAT DO YOU DO?
BE HUMAN, HONEST AND SHOW THE WORLD YOUR COURAGE AND CHOOSE, GOOD LUCK
RICK
 Matt_
Msg: 968
Posted: 11/5/2006 4:23:41 AM
Love.....No, lust maybe or an attraction that cannot be defined.Sure, I believe so. Just keep your "anticipations" and "expectations" realistic or you might be falling into deep depression.
 Hottest_of_the_Hot
Msg: 969
Posted: 11/5/2006 4:58:41 AM
Stranger things have happened, but I, for one, am a visual woman...I could never fall in love with someone I haven't met yet. It's much different in person than it is behind the e-mails, phone calls or whatever. I think it's best to meet the person FIRST before deciding on the sureness of your feelings.
 Sensuousmagic
Msg: 970
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2006 9:39:16 AM
In the computer world, words are just that. Words. I do not belive a person can truely fall in love until all of ther body senses has experienced the one you are thinking about. Sight, touch, hear, smell, taste. Only when those senses has been satasified will you actually know if you are in love or not.
 Jennnie
Msg: 971
Posted: 11/5/2006 10:00:25 AM
When you talk online with someone .. it gives them a longer, less pressure, time frame to come up with things to say to please you .. as opposed to in person, when they are put on the spot and can't really avoid it. A lot of people flirt online, it's a way to give them an ego boost, or a way of making a bad day a little better. LET'S BE REALISTIC HERE.

Sure love can happen online, in one of those chick flick movies. Sure you can learn about one another, and so on. But in a lot of situations they portray themselves to be perfect, so they can fit that fantasy person. Ever ask the question, "what are your flaws?", and they take so long to respond? Yeah, my point exactly. I don't believe a person is what they portray on MSN/Messenger until they can show me in person that, that is what they are all about.
ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

If your SO SURE about him, meet him. What are you guys waiting for? If all this love is online, and you guys fantasize about one another.. why the wait to make it real? Don't you want to lay under him, feel the pressure of his body on top of you, craving you?

Why live in thoughts, if you can feel it?
I'm not saying to take my advice, do as you wish .. but the longer you wait and put this off, the more youe fantasy will build up and when it DOES happen, and he doesn't fit your fantasy of him .. you'll be let down .. when it's all your fault.

Been there, done that.
Thanks!
 samoy2e
Msg: 972
Posted: 11/7/2006 4:00:41 AM
yes i did meet him and he is very nice and would like to see him again. he is very sincere also. he hasn't been feeling to well so i am there for him when he needs me ok. I met him on here. he is honest, trustworthy and nice. i do not want any women taking him away from me at all.
 spencergrl
Msg: 973
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:07:58 PM
I was wondering this very question & was gonna ask until I saw this forum. I've met a guy from another dating site. We've been chatting on instant messenger for bout a month now. He seems wonderful. We have good meaningful converstations for hours. We've also both told each other some really personal stuff. He really makes me laugh and he says the same. He tells me he really enjoys chatting with me. But when I bring up the question as to whether we are gonna ever meet one another, he says when the time is right. When is the right time? We already know alot bout one another & I think it's time to meet. I'd rather meet face to face to see if we click. I told him that I didn't want to waste each others time if we didn't click in person. Is he just blowing smoke up my butt or do some people like to take it slow, really slow? Thanks
 4EVERFRIENDS
Msg: 974
Posted: 11/12/2006 6:02:29 PM
squirrly has said something very important.....your senses......you have 5 of them for a reason...right now you are only using your hearing (on the phone) and truthfully cannot count your visual because you are only reading words....

I talked to a guy for 3 weeks...totally enjoyed talking to him...thought I had found the one I could communicate with....we laughed and talked for hours....I finally agreed to meet him and found he had no social skills whatsoever...I would not have known this if I had never met him....he made no eye contact with me or others, did not smile at me or laugh with me, he was rude to the waitresses (yes I thought maybe he was nervous and gave him a 2nd chance),talked incessantly about his ex who had called him back in July (this was October 31) and could not understand why she called (but he was over her--NOT)....nothing on the phone could have prepared me for this...No red flags went up....you can tell a lot about people when you use ALL of your SENSES inluding common sense.....

Please be careful....I hope it is different for you...if it turns out exactly how you want please let us (POF) know he was everything you dreamed of...it will give us hopeless romantics something to look forward too....

Best wishes...Kimberly
 Angeleyez4u2004
Msg: 975
Posted: 11/15/2006 7:54:14 AM
I never thought it was possible and thought others who kept insisting that it could happen, were crazy. Having said that, I now know differently, been there, done that, got the darn tshirt and if it hadn't been for 16000 kms of distance between us, it may of worked out better. I do agree that the physical aspects are important and you can't touch or kiss or any of that other great stuff when its just online. For some the physical part of the relationship eventually happens, but for most it will never come to that. Would I ever allow myself to feel like that again for someone that far away, NO, but it was nice while it lasted and it definately taught me a whole lot about myself and life in general.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?