Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 weelamm
Msg: 1001
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 41 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
To Verissa in Msg-1: Damn, I hope so.

To all and especially in response to Songster at Msg-985, It's been 8 months and your still working on the song. I wonder if she was hoping for an opus in the likes of Freddy Mercury or just a song?

I said recently that I would write a song for a lady I met online, took me 8 minutes to write one, 2 weeks to practice, and I sang it for her on the phone last night. Unfortunately I can't include the guitar or my voice here, but I'd appreciate any comments on my lyrics.

The Way I Feel Today.

I think about you all the time
Can't seem to get you off my mind
Not a single moment passes by
That I don't miss, the sparkle in your eye.

Everytime I wake up with you gone
I believe I just can't carry on
Feels like somethings missing somethings wrong
Never felt this way before, the feelings way too strong.

You've got me hanging on, to every word you say.
Never thought a man could feel, the way I feel today.
Wish someone had told me, how hard it's gonna be.
Knowing that the one I love, can't be here with me.

I'm waking up it's half past two
Just had another dream of you
Seems like every night it's all I do
This feeling in my heart, must be love it's true.

You've got me hanging on, to every word you say.
Never thought a man could feel, the way I feel today.
Wish someone had told me, how hard it's gonna be.
Knowing that the one I love, can't be here with me.

2006 Wee-Lamm Tunes.
 abitofbob
Msg: 1002
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 11/27/2006 7:08:32 PM
I've been down this route, and it feels incredibly real at the time, you think you know that person insideout.

But like so many have said, until you get to physically touch the person, meet them for real, it's just your fantasy of an ideal. You need to get out and meet them, if you keep it to messenger or email, they'll just be a friend.

I hope it works out for you, good luck.
 johnglc
Msg: 1003
Posted: 11/27/2006 7:45:24 PM
No.,,,,,,,,,,I don't think so.
 *Illsa
Msg: 1004
Posted: 11/27/2006 7:52:40 PM
Yes,...............I think so...kinda-sorta...maybe...if only it was true...well, hmmmmmmmm...it sure felt like it...but, perhaps not? ...I'm all mixed up...what was the question again?
 GoodGrrrlll
Msg: 1005
Posted: 11/27/2006 8:05:12 PM
I damn sure hope so cuz I am feeling it pretty bad for somebody right now. If it's not love, I think I'll go jump off a bridge....
 S_sweet
Msg: 1006
Posted: 11/27/2006 8:14:06 PM
I have to say yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you never met.I know I have done it and evryone tells me i'm crazy.but I know how he makes me feel inside and outside.the only problem is we can never be together that is what really hurts.so i'm not saying its a good thing to fall in love with someone you never met face to face.but yes it can happen.
 sweetie425
Msg: 1007
Posted: 11/27/2006 8:33:28 PM
Virtual reality love, all the feelings, the emotions are real. The only trouble is you are falling in love with your perception of the other person. The image that your mind has created of the other person. You never truly know what someone is like untill you spend time . lots of time, with them in the real world.
 sturdybabe
Msg: 1008
Posted: 11/27/2006 9:26:45 PM
I am replying to Verissa.

Yes you can fall in love with someone you haven't met. The danger: Your mind is supplementing what you don't actually know about him yet, with a mental image, an idea. So, no matter how hard you deny this, you are partially falling in love with an idea, something your mind has created. This can be very confusing and a blast of cold air to you if you meet and are disappointed with him or he is disappointed with you. I say you two are being careless with each others feelings by waiting so long to meet. :) Good luck and I sincerely hope things work out for you two, and if not... you know what they say, plenty of fish.
 ace76
Msg: 1009
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2006 9:29:33 PM
You people are being VERY irresponsible.

Haven't any of you been rejected enough to know that chemistry is very, very fickle.

Why on earth would you even pretend a relationship without testing it out?
 robfish
Msg: 1010
Posted: 11/28/2006 5:19:42 AM
Yes definetely! .....I have experienced this first hand, what started off as a casual net friendship developed into the most intense relationship I could have ever imagined. I met her in a chatroom quite a few years ago and we would email each other once maybe twice a week at first and get together for the occasional chat. We lived in different countries and most emails and chats were initially about experiences we have had in relationships, casual talks about hobbies, things we did during the week, music movies, pretty much anything and everything. As time went by I felt myself growing more fond of her, our chats lasted longer, we emailed each other more often and we found that we had A LOT of things in common. I wasn't expecting anything from it, neither was she, we were just friends who enjoyed each others company even if it was through words on a screen. After a few months of chats and emails we started to stray from the net a little bit more, we exchanged addresses and phone numbers and would send each other letters and talk over the phone regularly. I started getting confused about my feelings because I found myself thinking about her all the time and missing her, and it was Valentines Day that took away all my confusion. She sent me a letter, in that letter there was a poem she wrote for me, followed by the words "I love you" written in 10 different languages, and a few hours later the postman dropped off another package, it was filled with dried rose petals, a box of chocolates and a teddy bear.....it was one of the most sweetest things I have ever experienced and what floored me the most was that she was thousands of miles away and could still touch my heart. From then on we chatted more often, every single day, net chats, phone chats, letters, pictures and I couldn't believe it but I was starting to fall in love with her. I ached to touch her, to hold her in my arms, the thought of it made me want to melt. I can see a number of people who are reading this thinking "how pathetic......or what a loser", if I didn't experience this first hand I would be thinking the exact same thing. You can't judge anyone until you experience it for yourself.

I met her in person 6 months later and it was unbelievable, it wasn't this awkward nervous first date type of meeting, from the moment we held each other it was like we had been dating for months. The chats flowed freely, no awkward silences, lots of love and affection, we knew each other completely......and to the people who think its sad and pathetic to fall for someone through words on a screen I have one thing to say.......it beats going on first dates, experiencing all these awkward silences with random people you barely know, playing all these dating games and waiting by the phone in the hope they call you. I had to wait a while for the realness, BUT it was worth the wait and even though things did eventually end about a year later (complicated story) I had a lot of special moments with her. So Verissa, don't be ashamed of what you feel, words can be meaningful whether they come from a persons lips or typed on a screen. If the person you are talking to is being honest and genuine about themselves I don't see much difference between getting to know them here, or getting to know them in person....if anything its easier this way because there is no awkwardness and first date pressure and you can both relax. You are falling in love with nothing but their personality, NOT the way they look or smile....nothing materialistic. I really hope that the guy you met lived up to your expectations Verissa.........
 grasshopperme
Msg: 1011
Posted: 11/28/2006 7:34:07 AM
I belive it is. I am talking to the the most amazing guy right now, i am so happy when i talk to him we can talk for hours and never have a silent moment i never stop laughing. ususally i have problems talking to guys but this guy just makes things so easy he is the sweetist guy i have never met... Im not sure about complete love with just talking to a person but definitly u can creat feelings for one and another..
 trainengineer
Msg: 1012
Posted: 11/28/2006 7:35:23 AM
Yes Verissa it is possible and don't let anyone tell u diffrently.....
I to am in the SAME SITUATION.......but for us to be sure we are planning first date around xmas weekend.........If u asked me this ? 2 months ago I would've said "your nuts" then I would have to eat those words now....follow were your heart tells u and good luck!
 southwesternontsongwriter
Msg: 1013
Posted: 11/28/2006 8:25:18 AM
This is a situation that has been made wide open with the onset of online dating sites. All I know is that I recently went through a situation where I met someone online...from another city, and was stupid enough to fall head over heels. We got together and the whole thing was magical.

Right from the moment we met "live and in person" it was amazing. Had we lived in the same area perhaps things would have worked out. I think of her every day, and she'll always be a memory held close to my heart.
 makemesmile01
Msg: 1014
Posted: 11/28/2006 8:32:41 AM
yes it is...i met my bf on the net 4yr ago and he is the love of my life! well he was until he dumped me a few weeks ago! but wen we chatted 4 a while b4 we met i new i loved him and my feelings grew stronger wen we met it lasted 4yr but things changed and he left,but if u feel like u do love him there is no harm in goin 4 it
 bubba900
Msg: 1015
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 10:54:53 AM
You seem like a nice lady, but trust me he's MARRIED
 eddie-1967
Msg: 1016
Posted: 11/28/2006 12:25:27 PM
yeah cause you can it happens everyday . why not
 GAL4U2C
Msg: 1017
Posted: 11/28/2006 2:14:48 PM
Well, here's my 2 cent's worth

My answer to your question Verissa is "No" I do not think you can fall in love with someone over the internet. It is, however, possible to fall in FANTASY with someone over the internet.

I think the internet makes it easy for people to misrepresent themselves & say things that they would not ordinarily say to someone if they were looking at them eye to eye. It's a fantasy world.

I have met two men so far for coffee from POF that did not post their pictures. I believed their profiles & what they had to say to me. They both totally misrepresented themselves. Man, did I feel like a dumb ass.

I haven't done the "bar scene" in years but I'm starting to think I need to get back out there...at least you are looking at each other eye to eye!

I'm just a good gal looking to be naughty with the right guy.

It all boils down to honesty & the pheromone hormone. Eye to eye, skin to skin.

Smiles baby
 weelamm
Msg: 1018
Posted: 11/28/2006 4:43:00 PM
To Ace76 - Msg 1012

There are 3 major posibilities with many subtle variations.

1. You never allow yourself to feel love until you meet that one and only special person.
What if you never meet that special one?

2. You keep looking here for prospects and meet the seemingly more promising ones.
What if you go through many and still don't find the one?
Worse, what if you meet someone who does you physical harm?

3. You find someone or some quality in someone here that really attracts you and allow yourself to feel what love is like, knowing that the odds of actully meeting may be against you.
Seriously, the most exciting period of any relationship is the Courting stage or Honeymoon, and this typically ends at the conclusion of trip taken for the Honeymoon proper. I have yet to see it written anywhere that the honeymoon has a fixed duration.

I was with my Ex for 15 years, married 11. For me the honey lasted 14 years to her it was clearly somewhat less. But where I am at right now, I haven't been this excited about coming home from work every night for a very long time. I look forward to reading her letters, writing her mine, sending text messages, short phone calls periodically, sharing stories of how our day went, talking for hours and missing sleep just to spend time talking with her.

Suppose for a moment neither partner had no sexual organs (as depressing as that would be) it is the heart after all that flutters when you feel olve for and from someone. The other 3 senses of Smell, Taste and Touch can enhance or lessen the effect but you have no control over who your heart flutters over. You can control how you behave because of it, but the heart does have a mind and a will of it's own.

I can't believe so many people would be willing to pass up the opportunity to feel this great, simply because it didn't match every single one of their criteria.

Wee-Lamm
 Enchantability
Msg: 1019
Posted: 11/28/2006 6:43:49 PM
Maybe, but the odds are against it. Problem is that, the more you word chat, you or the other builds a vision or image in their mind and their heart and one or the other of you just can't possibly meet those mind visions when you finally meet. What you or the other person visualized...put up on a pedestal, upon meeting is not there. Not such a good plan to fall in love with a vision because sadly, the real can seldom compete with the vision.
 Traveling Man MS
Msg: 1020
Posted: 11/28/2006 6:53:05 PM
Nope. Good luck with that and meet someone before making a decision about love.
 Click Click
Msg: 1021
Posted: 11/28/2006 7:18:11 PM
follow your heart. If your htink its love meet and find out:) good luck
 weelamm
Msg: 1022
Posted: 11/28/2006 11:11:50 PM
You are all missing the point.

Who cares whether you meet or if it lasts forever. That would be the most awesome feeling if it did, but are you willing to give up these possible moments of feeling great for that?

What if you wake up 10 years from now and still haven't met that one and only perfect one and passed up the opportunity to feel great a few times along the way?

Love isn't simply about, how am I going to feel 25 years from now? I say, if I still feel this great about it 25 years from now then I have been blessed 1,000 times over.

At the same time there is no garantee that we will still be here in 25 years. I'm willing to let me heart feel wonderful, even if only for a moment, because that is all I know for certain is that I am here now and it's how I feel now.

It sure beats getting drunk and not remembering if I made it with some chick or not, let alone how erotic that 3 minutes may have been.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
 Manseekscompanion
Msg: 1023
Posted: 11/28/2006 11:20:34 PM
weelamn: last post

I guess you are saying "it is better to have loved, and lost love, then never to have loved at all"?? Right??

If so, I totally agree... anything in business worth gaining involves risk! Same with a good relationship, you MUST be vulnerable to experience the joys when it works out!!
 fairyx
Msg: 1024
Posted: 11/29/2006 1:04:25 AM
The logic answer to your question is:

Be patient and time will show you the truth meanwhile enjoy the rid & good luck
 PerfectFitz
Msg: 1025
Posted: 11/29/2006 2:03:13 AM
Im definately starting to think "yes" more and more... I cant stop thinkin about him, and even just talkin to him drives me crazy.
I dunno, never fallen in love with someone like this before. Its kind of hard to know if it is love or just fantasy
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?