Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jacob8088
Msg: 1284
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 41 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
It depends if she's a weakminded person that takes every word seriously..
 ~Kyn~
Msg: 1285
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 9/10/2009 11:53:05 PM

YES it most definately is.

Unless you're susceptible to romantic idealism... unless you're susceptible to fantasy and cant "see" it for what it is... YES you can

And even then... who are we to decide what is or isnt real?

Ive SEEN it happen.. net to real life (which is the medium Im sure this topic is about).
Through the most remote of statistics... it DOES happen and there's been those happy endings.

I dont care what anybody else says... Ive moderated a site... you "feel", you experience the other person/s or you do not

This question is just as inane as asking can you care for somebody you've never met
Ofcourse... YES you can

Ive been online for about 10 years. There are people who've passed thru my life without impact... and others Ive gotten to know... shared day to day with... Ive shared their joys... Ive shared their passions... Ive shared their lives. They mine too
They arent any less real bcos I havent met them. I dont feel any less bcos I havent.

For all you skeptics out there... you think if someone touches you or looks you in the eye its "real"?
WTF is wrong with you saying htat?
You think if someone is in your bed or coming home every night is real?
IF someone LIES.. .they LIE. Online or not. Only difference is that you should feel more like a complete idiot if they're doing it to your freakin face and you believe it.

Heads ups... people BS all the time.

TO YOUR FACE

Reality is relative.

And dont be so paranoid that if somebody hasnt told you something...its because they have/nt done the right thing by you. Thats a trust factor.
Whether you're prepared to give them that trust in real life or online is up to you...
...in the EXACT same way that what they give/have given them is up to you

Communicate.

And if somebody screws you over...its NOT because they HAVENT met you...

...its because they f*cken did.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 1286
Posted: 9/11/2009 12:37:08 AM
The point skeptics are trying to make is that until you meet in the flesh, love is a
fantasy in your mind about what the person truly is and how they behave in real life.
Your perception is strictly ruled by secondhand evidence and emotion. How can it be
anything else?

That a small percentage of people can meet and successfully consummate an
absentee romance doesn't invalidate the majority of the failures.

There are a lot of sharks with false charm and hidden agendas out there. To blindly
give your trust and support to someone you haven't even met yet is playing with fire.
Too many hopeless romantics with gullible hearts who believe "Love Conquers All"
are easy meat for these slick manipulators.

If you want to believe you can really love your dreamboat through time and space,
fine. Knock yourself out. Just don't get your panties in a pinch when people don't
agree. Accept success is NEVER guaranteed and leave it at that.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 1287
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:40:57 AM
If you've never met or spent a lot of time with him to find out that everything he told you is in fact 'true', then I don't think it's possible to be 'really' in love with him. What you have now is loving the idea of being in love which is quite different. More than likely, if you haven't met yet, he's hiding something that would disprove all the wonderful things he'd told you about himself.
 SweetMusicforyou
Msg: 1288
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 4:13:56 AM

or all you skeptics out there... you think if someone touches you or looks you in the eye its "real"?
WTF is wrong with you saying htat?[/qoute]

Its not whether a person touches you or not. Its how they interact with you. Is that person going to help you when you are sick? Fix something in your house, respect you and your family? How much of a priority that person is in your life? Do you cancel a night out with friends because your S/O has sick parents and wants you to be with them? Does your S/O put a priority in their lives YOUR needs? When those questions are answered it is Agape love, that sustains a Eros or sexual love. Its a continous interaction of lives, loves AND choices, its not about fullfulling your romantic idea or senusal desire.
 maycalla
Msg: 1289
Posted: 9/11/2009 1:58:03 PM
is it possible? in our imagination almost everything is possible.

come on people, enough sitting in front of the computer already. stop being so complacent and indulging in the trap of the virtual world, lets get out and meet people in the real world. then we can talk about falling in love with whoever.
 BACHELOR02
Msg: 1290
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:37:02 PM
For your sake, I hope it's possible. But until you actually meet him in person, try to keep your feet on the ground. I once heard this described as "in love with the idea of being in love", as opposed to actually being in love. You might want to check out a reality show on tv called "Dating In The Dark" ...in which couples meet and interact in total darkness several times, before they get to see each other. Many, who think there's a real connection, are sadly disappointed when they finally see each other for the first time.
 varinia
Msg: 1291
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:39:54 PM
Hm.....so, does that mean a blind person can't fall in love?
 maycalla
Msg: 1292
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:15:44 PM
no.

i think blind person can fall in love easier
 janus20
Msg: 1293
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:23:46 PM
You could be setting yourself up for disappointment. If the physical attraction is not there, than anything you shared verbally will dissipate.
 NothingLeftToBurn
Msg: 1294
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:33:36 PM
Anything is possible.
 NYCman530
Msg: 1295
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:19:29 PM
Many people believe love is a feeling, an emotion, but it's an action, not an emotion. Infatuation is an emotion, and we should not confuse that with love. Love is an action word as it's what we do for others to make them feel special. Sure, I can look at a photo of an attractive woman and exchange texts with her and feel like there might be chemistry, but as far as love is concerned, I would first have to meet her in person. We have all been deceived at one time or another that love is a feeling or emotion.
 QueenofIndia
Msg: 1296
Posted: 9/11/2009 9:41:32 PM
I'd have to say yes, it is possible - speaking from experience. What upholds life is the unseen from which it comes. It's been proven over and over in scientific studies world wide that thoughts and emotionals radiate "energy" and that this energy is not confined to time or space as we know it. So, without the physical form being present, you've connected to the essence of the other, call it spirit, soul, vibration or energy. However - Mr. Message has made what I think is a crucial point - nothing can be confirmed until you two literally meet. It's possible you've fallen in love with an aspect or aspects of this person - everyone has some amazing qualities. Your heart and body both have their own intellence, if only we will listen! Being in his/her presence, you can tune inward and ask yourself how this is making you feel (beyond the first date jitters, totally natural that one) - then listen and act on it, taking care not to second-guess yourself, usually a trick of the mind. Best of luck to you.
 QueenofIndia
Msg: 1297
Posted: 9/11/2009 9:48:02 PM
Well said, M., though I've noticed the success ratio is just about as as low with in-person dating. Morals and values aren't what they used to be. Meeting up with the real thing is a real miracle!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 1298
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:00:56 PM

More than likely, if you haven't met yet, he's hiding something that would disprove all the wonderful things he'd told you about himself.

Oh, ya. He told me he was a cancer survivor, and he had a colostomy. He told me he'd ruined his first marriage because of drinking. He told me he was angry. He also told me he was a Buddhist. All of it true. Can't think of one thing he lied about. But he never told me any wonderful things about himself. I espied them on my own. And ya know? They were all true, and we lived happily ever after, till death did us part.

If you don't trust yourself not to build castles in the air, don't do it. If you're sane and grounded, you'll prolly be alright.

memorie68
Msg: 1299
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:32:02 PM
I think so, but its probably the most intimidating...
God knows who's really behind the screen...could even be a womanwhos just bored!?
 AsianTigress
Msg: 1300
Posted: 12/20/2009 9:35:22 PM
Anything is possible.

However, in regards to your situation, you are in love with a fantasy, that imaginary guy you have created in your mind. If you have yet to meet him in person and haven't invested much time into your relationship, it is mere lust or infatuation. Everything is perfect in your eyes in this fantasy world. He says the right thing, does the right thing and is everything you want him to be. Love takes time and it takes getting to know a person on so many different levels.
 CJAnonymouS
Msg: 1301
Posted: 12/20/2009 11:51:41 PM
this thread reminds me of that one song

savage garden - I knew I loved you
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1302
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:37:33 AM
Yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you have never met.

And you can be every bit as deluded, manipulated and conned by
someone you chat with online as you can by someone in person.

Love is blind to all the negative things
about someone whether it is online or in person.
I don't see much difference between online love and in person love
except you see more of the negative things about them in person,
but it can be love either way since love isn't rational.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 1303
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:03:37 AM
I have asked this same question a few years on a different forum. I believe you can fall in love but it is also true you don't know if that feeling will last once you meet face to face. I never met the man I fell in love with who lives thousands of miles away but he did help me out by being there as a friend. We still keep in contact via email but not on a daily basis anymore since we have moved on. If you are able to meet and find out in real life I wish you good luck. It very well could be just a dream but it could turn out to be true love. One just never knows.

Can you love someone you have never met? only online and phone conversations?
What if this person is 1000's of miles away from you do you just forget about ever meeting and keep your friendship online? I know this question gets asked on here allot but it is really confusing. It is an incredible feeling though to have someone care for you and not have any physical contact.

* 3 years ago

HIS REPLY:

Well I guess I have to add my comment, I asked you to post the question and you sacrificed the points...

For me, I am amazed at myself for developing feelings for a person I have had no physical contact with. It's a first, but I'm really happy that I am falling for the person and not the body. True feeling for a really nice girl and good friend...

Don't know where we go from here P, but lets keep going anyway....

* 3 years ago

Who else would I give best answer too. Don't need a question I know what I feel. It's strange but amazing ....to be loved for "me"....and to fall for someone through words...even if we never meet always a true friend....Love that last sentence it makes me smile.......
 RoseWhite65
Msg: 1304
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:33:45 PM
Sure it's possible! I divorced my husband because he fell in love with a woman from another country. From all accounts, they will be getting married next year. Yippee!! Do I think it will last? No, but it's not my concern.

If you make a decision before you actually meet him, then you are making a grave mistake. You need to spend time with him because it is too easy to hide who you are behind a computer screen and pretty words. A few years ago authorities discovered several bodies of women. A guy in this area killed numerous women over several years by meeting them online first. They moved or visited him here and never made it back home. Have a friend or family member validate what are reading/feeling. Wishing for love often makes a person incapable of seeing that it is a facade, not reality.
 clyde5555
Msg: 1305
Posted: 2/11/2010 5:05:01 PM
Dear Verissa,
Hi my name is David and yes i do believe it is possable to fall in love with someone that you have never met face to face, i speak from experience because i met a women on the internet that lives in england and for about 3 months she and i exchanged
e-mails, and i feel deeply in love with her, althouth i have not heard anything from her for quite some time now, but i still long hearing from her, she may have been using me out of boredom or lonliness but i enjoyed reading her love filled letters and some of these letters were quite grapic, and i too felt the same as you in your letter on forums.
So yes i do believe it possible
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1306
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2010 5:35:05 PM
Yes I fell in love online but it was a frustrating experience I won't repeat.
It went on for a year and we couldn't be together. I won't make that mistake
again.
Yes it was love absolutely for both of us.

I refused to meet him because I could see it would never work for various reasons.
 6citygal1
Msg: 1307
Posted: 2/11/2010 7:24:53 PM
No. I would actually need to spend some time hanging out with that person because I could fall in love.
 NothingLeftToBurn
Msg: 1308
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 5:55:37 AM
I'm in love with my car.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >