Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 1life2doitall
Msg: 1051
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 43 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
so the question is can you love someone before you meet them....relationships are compassion, caring, comprimising, understanding and honesty....this said they are also based on physical attraction..you cant kiss someone you dont feel something for, however physical attraction is not based soley on looks its more when you have a connection with someone then you begin to see them in a whole new light. If someone makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world they suddenly open a door that allows you to feel things you havent felt before or in a long time. Knowing somoene from the inside out instead of the outside in is a blessing because over the phone or the interent you can pick up on their personallity on their habbits their insecuritys....beleive it or not you can hear their different cmiles and laughs and you can begin to understand them...you can love someone before you meet them but if it is true love then when you finally meet them and look deep into their eyes you will see their soul and know that right now, right here there is no other place on earth they would rather be!
 curlygrl
Msg: 1052
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 1/24/2007 9:02:44 AM
Okay I have posted to this before and I will again-
Yes yes yes - I personally believe you can have feelings -
maybe not love - but feelings for someone by just writing to them-
Like during the wars - when women wrote to the soldiers - they developed
a bond - never laid eyes on them -not even a picture. Married them when they came
home - some married for 50 years -
I think sometimes when you are writing back and forth - with
the right person a bond forms - Maybe not love - but a feeling.
Yes - God yes.

Some people are not superficial - they dont need to see - they can feel -
 americus
Msg: 1053
Posted: 1/24/2007 1:41:51 PM
Back in 1999 I started writing to a guy in New Mexico, and I live in the east..We wrote and talked for hours on the phone for almost 8 mo's..Then one day he told me he had an aunt that lives 2 miles away from me that just passed away, and he was coming to the funeral, and wanted to get together...well of course all the usual things came to my mind, Im scared, will he like what he see's and etc..I made reservations for him at a great hotel. When we met, we just was in awe of each other...because I felt like he was my best friend. We knew everything about each other, there was no questions, because we was just comfortable with each other..It was awesome, but then he wanted me to move out west and I didn't want to, I am settled where I am...He doesn't like the east... but we are still seeing each other, I visit him out west and he visits here...I think we will have a wonderfull relationship no matter where we are...2 weeks every year we meet in another part of the country and spend time together. I don't think there is anything we wouldn't do for one another,except move...It works for me and its never dull...
 kce33
Msg: 1054
Posted: 1/24/2007 1:44:30 PM
yes its possible, it has just happened to me.. neither one of us was looking for more than just good friends and by talking and getting to know who other is it just happened.. there was no meeting where the eyes play attraction games with your mind, you just love the person that you got to know, WHY,because they are everything you want in the other person...
also, i don't think every person can do it..you have to be a mature secure person that knows themselves and exactlly want it is that you want..
 vankar
Msg: 1055
Posted: 1/24/2007 7:12:01 PM
I think it is. But it can also be confused with obsession, this happened to me I got so obsessed with this guy that I had to erase all the info I had about him. I'm not proud of it but wright after we meet he stopped the calls and he never told me why , So please guys at least say it " thank you for coming but i think we are not meant for each other" is simple as that.
 1102deb
Msg: 1056
Posted: 1/24/2007 8:01:43 PM
careful hun..... not all is as it appears..... been there, fell. damn it hurts soo much! but i would do it again..for the belief that something that good is real..
'to believe is magic
smiles
 kce33
Msg: 1057
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:28:34 AM
what happens when one person thinks it just virtual imagination, nothing lost or nothing gained, just online fun while you remain safe like a virtual playmate, which brings up the question of how long will it last
 NBLipsOfAnAngel
Msg: 1058
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:06:57 PM
Well i totally think it is possible...Because oviously you guys are getting a connection feeling from talking to one another and should realy never judge someone by what they look like..but hopefully you's both exchaged photo's that way there atleast you have somewhat of an image in your mind...Well wish ya luck..and hopefuly the best comes out of it
 Wicked Wabbit
Msg: 1059
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:15:31 PM
Yes , Yes, Yes..........and again Yes!

As long as both people are being legit, telling the good, bad, ugly, and sad of their lives and not portraying themselves as something they are not , then I believe it is totally possible.
 kookies
Msg: 1060
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:27:41 PM
i personal feel you can on a mental level(yes).....but as for the emotional an physcial level (no)...there has to be some kind of iteraction to feel those.
 Matt Adore
Msg: 1061
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:33:37 PM
I have come to realize that the answer is yes. I tell my niece that I loved her before she was ever born, and this is brought to home with my own baby. I think that this can translate to adult relationships too. If you can set your love on an unborn child, I think that you can set your love on a stranger. We have brotherly love to our neighbors, and when someone is down and out, we have love and care for them... I believe that their is love at first sight~Charlie
 Marilynized
Msg: 1062
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:41:07 PM
Think OP, you actually answered your own question:

'How can someone make you so happy and fulfilled when you've never laid eyes on one another? '

They can't. You have created this ideal in your head and are running full throttle with it. Please slow down and realize that what you THINK you have may not be what your actually getting.

I don't want to rain on your parade.
I have a friend that spoke to a man from England (she is here in the US) for quite sometime. She swore they were soul mates. I told her, lady - you are forgetting the key element - chemistry. Not to mention you have NO idea what he is really like other then when he is writing you.

OK, and long story short she was convinced he was THE ONE - he flew here to visit with her for a week and when he showed up he looked nothing like his photos, drank all the time, got VERY nasty/abusive when drunk and she ran for the hills and avoided him until he left.

Not wishing the worst for you - just giving a little perspective.
 Peaceful Spirit
Msg: 1063
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:51:20 PM
Well call me mature....call me sage....call me cynical and jaded....I'm sorry....NO....it is not possible to fall in love with someone you have never met....you can "fall in lust".....you can fall in love with the notion of "being in love"....but real, honest to goodness...."in love"....nope....I'm sorry I just don't see it as being possible....he / she could have the worst chronic bad breath....hair growing from all manner or orifices....they could have sent you 10 year old photos....they could be absolute boars and not hold doors open for you, pull our chairs, help you on with your coat or bring fresh flowers....this is very one dimentional....you could meet and *bingo*.....nothing....nada....zilch....my theory...meet as soon as possible so you KNOW....they neither of you are wasting your time and effort and can move on....(peace)
 ~Lost Angel~
Msg: 1064
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:33:01 PM
Absolutely "yes" . . . . "IF" . . . . . . . . . . "IF" . . . if he is holding "B.O.B." in one hand and batteries in the other!
 ohio_guy1978
Msg: 1065
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 12:39:42 PM
To begin with I say it can happen when you least expect it to. You never know what life can throw at you. Honestly if you truely believe in your heart that it can happen then it will. All you have to do is believe in it and follow your heart. Then who knows miracles can happen, you never know.
 Pia566
Msg: 1066
Posted: 1/26/2007 12:59:25 PM
I believe that it is not only possible, but that it happened just the same way for me as well. Unfortunately, you have to be careful not to build up expectations and make yourselves too nervous to actually meet in the real world. Sadly, this has also happened, at least on his side. If things don't work out as intended, the potential for heartbreak is intensified in direct proportion to the level of your connection.

I do believe though that it is not only the most intensely wonderful experience I have ever had, but that I would not settle for anything less now than the total mind/soul/spirit connection that is formed this way. When you don't have a physical chemical reaction to cloud your judgment, it leaves your heart clear to connect on a deeper level.

I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world together.
 MsWizard
Msg: 1067
Posted: 1/26/2007 2:37:25 PM
Yeah...I think it is...particularly if you spend alot of time camming, emailing, imming with him and on the phone....think about it....this venue of communication gives us alot of leeway to speak freely with no embarrassment about our past, our dreams for the future...granted it gives people alot of leeway to lie thru their teeth as well, but Im still kind of keeping faith in honesty here....I met someone online and fell for him hook like and sinker...so my vote is yes, you can fall in love with someone you've never met...definitely.....
 Special18
Msg: 1068
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:43:26 PM
I believe it is possible. I've known a few couples that met on sites like this, married and have been happily married for years, still are. Virtuality vs. Reality.....if the honesty, fidelity, respect, and truthfully getting to know each other are there...then, yes, I believe it can/will/does happen. I'm talking reality love that lasts.
 Hillfinger
Msg: 1069
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:59:34 PM
I believe there is a word in the english dictionary for this. Is infatuation. But don't feel bad. It happens rather frequent.
 njterii
Msg: 1070
Posted: 1/28/2007 12:59:30 PM
I think you can, I know you can, its happen to me before. But you have to make sure its love and not lust. Thats the big issue there.
 njterii
Msg: 1071
Posted: 1/28/2007 1:01:16 PM
yes I agree on a mental level
 mike0274
Msg: 1072
Posted: 1/28/2007 1:14:31 PM
yeah i think so ive met some very nice people over the net and i think it would be possible to have feelings for that person if you have great conversation and both of you have the same things in common
 downforit2007
Msg: 1073
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2007 1:42:02 PM
I agree with everything you've said on this line, Smile -- so you speak for me too....

real love takes sacrifice, time, real in-person meeting and communication -- you can like a person, can have a humongous crush on them, twitterpated and everything, but to truly be in love with someone takes love from the very depths of one's soul -- which you just cannot have for someone you don't know...

The internet makes it too easy to present one's self as something one really is not --I met a guy on here a few months ago who looked NOTHING like the picture he had on here -- THAT was a real kick in the face, let me tell ya! I have nothing against gray hair, but pleeeeeeeease be honest about it, dont' say you're a brunette when you only wish you were -- and 6 feet tall when you're 5'7" -- you just never know until you meet them and have that first touch.... a touch can tell it all!

and the eyes -- ohhhhhhh to get lost in another's eyes~
 bucsgirl
Msg: 1074
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2007 1:47:44 PM
"I will say I've only been wrong about this once...and I mean once...and that couple gives me great hope but they are both incredible people and I believe there was some divine intervention on that relationship because it's just too cute for words. (hey mommy and daddy)"
We did fall in love before we met, but we did meet and while there was no doubt that we loved the other person, the chemistry we had felt was confirmed when we met face to face.
I'm not discounting having to meet to give that final assurance, and also not saying you can't love someone before you meet them. If it is love, then you would have no more burning desire than to translate it to an in person meeting as soon as possible.
 LT_Dish
Msg: 1075
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:02:13 PM
Absolutely, positively NOT! I can't tell you how many Internet mishaps started off the same way. "Oh he's so perfect." "Oh she's the woman of my dreams." blah blah blah...
C'mon! You're saying, "LOVE." But let's say you meet him and suddenly realize the chemistry in the written word or his voice on the phone just isn't there?
Meet him, then use the L word.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?