Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BCAngel
Msg: 1051
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 43 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
tsunny58, I think you were lucky. I've tried a couple of different times with guys over the internet. Although I was being honest, and felt they were too, it quickly became apparent upon meeting, that they were not as they had portrayed themselves.

There is a lot to be said about not falling in love with the image portrayed by someone, and truly, once reality set in, it really sucked. The disappointment, anger, hurt, betrayal, and the feeling of what a waste of my time - they all came into play, but one gets over it. But, of course, that does not mean I wouldn't try it again, but I'd definitely be a bit (lot) more reserved. I'm always open to love ... no matter where it may come from.

BCAngel

tsunny58
Msg: 1052
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 12/15/2006 8:26:04 PM
bcangel......maybe I was lucky........to an extent I guess, because it didn't last. But I learned, loved and felt more from that experience than I ever have in my 48 years. I will continue to seek that feeling again in a man. But there are absolutely no regrets. In general.....he was the only internet date, that it actually worked that way with.....my point was only........It can happen.

I hope you do have that experience, maybe it was one in a million, but it was a memory I will cherish.

Merry Christmas .....tsunny
 sunshineofhope
Msg: 1053
Posted: 12/15/2006 9:11:29 PM
I talked to a few guys. With one of them i've been talking to, we actually met. He is sweet, kind, caring, and hilarious. I like and he knows that and he likes me but we cant be a couple for awhile. He has no problem with commiment. He is leaving this July or August for Iraq for a year and I want to wait for him but another guy says he likes me and I only like him as a friend. What do i do? do i just wait for a year or do i give this other guy a chance? Im so confused! I like this guy who is leaving for Iraq and i want to wait but i want to give this other guy a chance. Do i follow what my heart says or my brain? my heart says wait but my brain is telling me to give this other guy a chance.
 spirit_brat
Msg: 1054
Posted: 12/15/2006 9:22:03 PM
I would be cautious till you meet face to face and there are no last minute "emergencies" that keep him from meeting you. I also hope you have seen multiple pictures of him and not just one. Not to sound jaded but I've heard and seen it all when it comes to online.

I do hope it works out though, I personally try to meet people I may have an interest in asap, no months of online dating for me

Good luck to you!
 Bigger Guy
Msg: 1055
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2006 9:32:55 PM
Lust, Like, appreciation, curiosity, or any number of other things, but can not love them till after that face to face and have spent time together. To think, dream or even imagine otherwise is foolhearty and setting the stage for disaster.
 sunshineofhope
Msg: 1056
Posted: 12/15/2006 9:41:36 PM
thanks. i am gonna follow my heart and wait for a year to wait to date the army guy. i respect the fact that he dont want to worry about the girl cheating on him and it does happen to other soldiers. plus he dont want me worrying about him if he dies or gets hurt. no matter what i am going to worry about him because i care about him. with this other guy i will just be friends and thats it. my heart lies with the soldier leaving for iraq in 7 months. thanks for the help guys

Have a great holiday guys! - sunshineofhope
 mary27
Msg: 1057
Posted: 12/16/2006 3:03:07 AM
I have spoken to some people and feel a warmness for them and sometimes I think it is respect for some of their thoughts on life.BUT if we where to meet,would there be chemistry,I have met two,and it wasn't there at all.Also,some of these wonderfull people are NOT who they say they are,Dr Phill had one such case on tv not so long ago...she was engaged to him. He ended up being married with kids,living in a caravan.Meet him and get to know him, I would hate for you to waste time swimming the net with him,when maybe your true life fishy is smimming away.Care about yourself and I do hope it works out for you.
 sassysexyrebel
Msg: 1058
Posted: 12/18/2006 1:35:11 AM
Yes its very possible. ( been there / done that / think its wonderful / wish he wasnt married )

Ya'll
 Laughinwu
Msg: 1059
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:05:23 AM
Ok here's a good one for you!!! I have fallen Feet over Ear Lobes for a guy who I haven't even spoke to. We are both on another date site, that we aren't members of so, we can't write to each other but Can send flirts. For two months we've been tossing flirts back and forth. His profile says everything I've been looking for in man. Oh my....And his picture the first time I saw it my heart skipped a beat..I was hoping he would join the site but he hasn't. So I decided I'm going to, right after Christmas and if I don't hit it off with him, it will have been worth money instead of thinking what if............
Am I just crazy? He has been flirting right back with me and he is the one who started it all.. Firm believer in love at first sight!
 caldus85
Msg: 1060
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:08:03 AM
Yes it is possible. It has happened to me before as a matter of fact. Crazy, I know.
 Dj BlOoDuSt
Msg: 1061
Posted: 12/18/2006 2:10:22 AM
fall in love? NO heavy attraction? YES... love is an experience not a visual thing..
 BCAngel
Msg: 1062
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2006 4:21:04 PM
Laughinwu ... hate to burst your bubble, but just take a moment and sit back and ask yourself "If he's so interested in me, why hasn't he joined the site to get in touch with me?" There may be a reason he won't join the site ... he could be a cheapskate (and boys, boys I'm NOT calling you a cheapskate) ... or he could have another reason (he's playing with you girlfriend). Is there any way you can "direct" him here to the Pond? Just be careful.

BCAngel
 miss_claudia
Msg: 1063
Posted: 12/18/2006 4:34:54 PM
I think that you can fall in love with someone without meeting them in person. It happened to me a few years ago. I began talking online to a guy in Texas, then we started speaking over the phone. After a few weeks, I found myself waiting for his calls, and when I heard his voice my heart would pound almost out of my chest. I thought about him all the time. Unfortunately it ended after about 7 months, because he had a small son and didnt want to leave Texas, and I had my job and family and didnt want to relocate either.. We were both heart broken ... I still think of him from time to time!
 jodea
Msg: 1064
Posted: 12/18/2006 4:39:15 PM
wow, your experience sounds a lot like one i had recently. He didn't turn out to be a con-artist but he was hiding something. He was need of rescuing which i chose not to do. Good luck with yours, just try to be cautious and recognize the signals when you meet.

good luck sista.
 kingofaman
Msg: 1065
Posted: 12/18/2006 5:49:07 PM
Anything is *possible* My worry here is that it would be impossible to avoid creating aspects of this person in your own mind...idealizing (not that we avoid that all the time in face-to-face relationships). Being truly in love with a person, and I mean in love with all the blood and guts and illness and terrible taste in music or art or that gross perfume they insist on wearing or the fact that they refuse to wear anything manufactured by walmart or their mangy cat or pet snake or snoring or never doing their laundry or leaving the milk out or mood swings or chewing with their mouth open or refusing to eat anything other than lean cuisine or constant quoting of Oprah or watching sex in the city 24/7 or their wacky hat collection or their refusal to miss watching friends reruns, etc. etc. etc. To really, deeply love a person, and to have that person love you, is a pretty huge job for both people involved. When you are not around a person physically, it is much easier to put your best self forward, on the phone or on email, and not focus on all of the everyday garbage that actually makes us who we are. I think it is possible to have a very strong connection with a person you have never met, but to actually be in love with them?...I think you have to experience a person on a daily basis before that can really take hold. I mean, think about all the weird stuff about you that doesn't get conveyed over email. But as I said, anything is possible.
 ex-navy
Msg: 1066
Posted: 12/18/2006 6:07:26 PM
I met my EX wife on the internet. Once I left the military, she divorced me. She came out with a complaint that she never once tried to talk to me about. So in short yes, I believe that you can fall in love with a person's personality over the net, but it's what you're not able to see in everyday life that really determines things. Anyone can make themself look like a god on the net, but what's going on once the comp. is off? Be carefull is my advice.
 sassysexyrebel
Msg: 1067
Posted: 12/19/2006 9:29:36 AM
Great Post Kingofaman .... (( But I'd have to draw the line at quoting Oprah and snakes lol, we all got our limits ))

Ya'll
 ChocolateFlower
Msg: 1068
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:25:14 PM
I met the most amazing man that way. We talked on the phone for 2 years.
We worked for the same company but in different states. There was a lot of flirtation but who would have thought we would actually meet. After 2 years we met and we couldn't get enough of each other. At first I thought it was just lust but after 6 months, we would both still cry when we were not together. finally we decided we needed to be togther, so I moved to his state and we stayed together for 7 wonderful years...at this point most would ask, if it was so wonderful, why aren't you guys still together. Well, let's just say the forces of nature wouldn't let us be. I had to be the voice of reason and let it go. there were children involved and I just couldn't let the children suffer anymore by the hands of a very evil mother, torture the kids, punish the father. So I bailed. But he was My first love, and he could put up with my crap like no body's business.
 babyangel07
Msg: 1069
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:03:12 PM
it is possibel. because i have. i love my b/f from the inside . he makes me feel good about myself. and were meeting after christmas .
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 1070
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:21:01 PM
I think if your open to anything ...then anything can happen...regardless of distance...age...race...etc.

I am in a sentimental sort of mood today
 coolncracked
Msg: 1071
Posted: 12/25/2006 6:03:20 PM
I guess not!

When your start with someone, you put your best foot forward and from a distance, its very easy to manage that! When you meet somebody in person; and for a while; then you figure our whether you love him/her as a whole with all the good things and bad things.

I can tell you my personal experience. My ex left me for somebody with whom she chatted and talked on the phone, now she calls me and says its not what she had imagined:)

Merry xmas and happy holidays
 *Illsa
Msg: 1072
Posted: 12/25/2006 6:41:59 PM
I had thought so...but as of today I would say NOPE..Positively,absolutely,definately...NOPE...
 honest_man570
Msg: 1073
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2006 2:01:54 AM
The answer to the question above is yes! Because something that everyone seems to forget lately is that meeting someone on a site like this and talking to them before rushing and meeting them gives you achance to explore their personality and dig deeper into just who they are! It actually gives you a chance to decide if this person is right for you and to ask yourself the question can I see myself with this person in the future. People need to remember that its not whats on the outside that makes a person beautiful it's their personality that defines their character! They can be the most attractive person in the world but have a completely disgusting personality then what do you do? For those looking for only sex then I guess it would'nt matter to you but for those of us looking for much more it can make a world of difference! Love starts by communication not physical attraction!!!!!
 Love to chat....
Msg: 1074
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:44:04 AM
I think it is possible to feel that you are falling in love with someone you never met....as so much of love is a meeting of the minds....and that is possible with talk/email/chat...but meeting in person determines whether that feeling is a reality or not....what if they are a really bad kisser... that will end things for sure...I had that experience anyway....
 deadwh*re
Msg: 1075
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:48:00 AM
God no fall in lust maybe sure. You really dont know someone till you are face to face with them and interact with them. You mentioned *the thought of their touch, kiss etc* see there is something right there, its only YOUR imagination imaging how they actually touch, kiss etc, you really have no idea. Fantasy is usually better than reality.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?