Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 farmboy21
Msg: 1101
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 45 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
You can fall in love without meeting someone yes, but it's what you know about their inner feelings that you are in love with whether they are lying or not but be careful if they're lying about it all you could easily get hurt. Smilewithyoureyes I have to say if you have the problem with the fake pic thing ask them to webcam with you. I for one have a webcam I know alot of people don't but with more messengers all supporting webcams now and the price cheap enough that anyone can own one now ask the person you are talking to if they have one and if they do, if they will webcam with you. They can lie about it but it's a start to finding out more about someone. Even the userplane messenger on this site supports cams although I must admit this messenger leaves alot to be desired.
 anniez28
Msg: 1102
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 1/10/2007 12:19:47 AM
Don't know if its Love,but go for it! Totally agree with Weelamm wrote
I started talking to a man I met on POF,he lives 2 hours away and we are meeting in person on friday! We have been chatting on the net and the phone and all I know is he
makes me laugh so much my face hurts!
Annie
 pitstop65
Msg: 1103
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:25:15 AM
I think you can love someone before you meet them ...but you have to fall in love when you meet ...two diffrent things loving someone and being in love with someone...
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 1104
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:59:09 AM
You can't fall in love with someone you have met and dated for at least a couple months (realistically anyway), let alone someone you haven't met yet. Not possible.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 1105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2007 4:05:54 AM
46 pages!!?? Yikes - now THAT is infatuation ... (Doh! That's my comment re: OP, too ... chuckle!)
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 1106
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:55:37 AM
I find it hard to believe that ya'll didn't figure out on about page 16 that she's no longer with this dude....so the best wishes are kind of a waste.

All in all it's good to have hope...but the posters who seemed "closed minded" are posters who have all "been there, done that". You have to understand we all come to sites like this with high hopes and with rose colored glasses and some carefully crafted emails and longer than life phone calls can make any woman or man swoon. The problem is you aren't getting the "whole" person in those times.

You have to actually physically be with a person, touch them, look into their eyes when they talk to you and if after that you know they are the one then great. I will say I've only been wrong about this once...and I mean once...and that couple gives me great hope but they are both incredible people and I believe there was some divine intervention on that relationship because it's just too cute for words. (hey mommy and daddy)

Another cute example...talked to a guy for months...started to develop feelings for him...was getting ready to go to his town to meet him (5 hours away) Mind you the whole time I'm thinking this could be the guy...the one I've been waiting for....until about a week before the meeting and he let the n word fly in conversation...I asked what that was and he said a bunch of stuff close to kkk beliefs and well...I'm pretty diverse...have quite a few races and religions in my family...you think I wanna be married to a member of the clan? Not likely...but you see...he never in 4-5 months said anything like that....but when his guard was down...he let the ugly fly.

These relationships are just like any relationship...it takes time to fall in love. And even though your tummy is doing flip flops the night you meet/talk you have to spend some time together before you truly know the person and they you.

The worst thing in the world is to be in the position where you've told someone you love them and then you finally meet and because of things they omitted you are trying to find a way to fit your ass out that half window in the bathroom. YIKES!

Good luck to you all. :)
 Curry 4
Msg: 1107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2007 7:56:16 AM
Yes it happen to me quite a few times and i love it
 quixotic.otaku
Msg: 1108
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:07:00 PM
Yes, it is possible.

And you know... when you finally meet and interact... that's when the fantasy ends... it's the stress of daily interaction that wears away at "love"... bills, who left their socks in the middle of the living room, compatible kissing...

Yes, it's so easy to fall in love with a fantasy... That's why I don't chat online so much anymore because it can waste a lot of time... It's actually meeting and interacting with someone where you can figure out if you're compatible enough to learn to love them... beyond just infatuation.
 Looking Through Glass
Msg: 1109
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:20:12 PM
I already have, and lost him...poor communication, mainly on his, but also on mine. I should of been more aware to what was really going on.... It is possible... just don't overbare him...relax sit back and enjoy the ride, or will be left like me...without the one person you wanted to see happiest in your life. Wish you the best.
 ron385
Msg: 1110
Posted: 1/13/2007 11:45:04 PM
I wish you heartfelt luck in this, and hope that it is more than just 'cyberfantasy'.
 rugbychic
Msg: 1111
Posted: 1/14/2007 1:02:52 AM
I totally agree with you on this one....talking and even sharing photos is COMPLETELY different than actually meeting in person....it all comes down to the physical connection. I will share the bashing with you!

Cheers...
 kbegood
Msg: 1112
Posted: 1/23/2007 6:35:29 AM
Verissa, I hear you and I know exactly what you went through. I met someone on here, found myself falling for the guy and then got serriously hurt when he told me that all he had said was a lie and that he never wanted any contact with me again,only 7 hours after telling me that he loves me ( go figure???) so anyway babe what I am saying is yes it really can happen but my advice is just to be true to yourself, forget what everyone else says and remember, never reget anything that made you smile at the time, life too short for that. My favourite saying is this, Life is not mesured by the number of breaths we take, But by the moments that take our breath away!!!!
 omnimancer
Msg: 1113
Posted: 1/23/2007 7:13:52 AM
What you are falling for is a construct in your mind. You read what was written by him and construct the person that may have written it. When it comes to real time contact, and all those other automatic behaviors kick in - then you will know.

'chemistry' needs the reagents in the same test tube.
 moniGER
Msg: 1114
Posted: 1/23/2007 9:58:45 AM
Yes it is possible, ive had it too... but no it didn't work out...
in the end you will ask yourself the question 'what is he doing right now'... and you could never tell... you would more than likely tell him whats on your mind and what youre doing, but he could be lying. well youll never know until you try to meet up because maybe youre just falling in love with the 'idea' of the person.
but i wish you just the best
 zed_j
Msg: 1115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2007 6:25:15 PM
i think you can totally fall in love over the net. as long as you're both being completely honest. i'm glad that you're not superficial enough to HAVE to meet this person before you can fall in love with him. really, let's think about this. someone said something about the having to smell a person and the sight of a person being factors in love. if that were the case, all ugly people would be single forvever... and have you ever smelt my step-dad?? well, my mom still loves him:) and besides, i happen to know a few happily married people who fell in love online. so go for it, follow your heart!
 Cher-Bear
Msg: 1116
Posted: 1/23/2007 6:48:41 PM
No you can't....it's called infatuation.....
 poohbear87
Msg: 1117
Posted: 1/23/2007 6:58:09 PM
YES YOU CAN!! lol... i have, when i was back home, as such! and when i met him it only made it 10 times stronger... oh it was so nice!
 FamilyGal17
Msg: 1118
Posted: 1/24/2007 4:02:14 AM
It may feel like it but chemistry and attraction end up being a lot more important than people would like to believe. Just prepare yourself for the possibility that he may not be as wonderful in person!

Love is definitely multi-faceted - everything has to be in place for it to spark - and that includes physical attraction live and in person. Pictures don't cut it...
 1life2doitall
Msg: 1119
Posted: 1/24/2007 8:52:42 AM
so the question is can you love someone before you meet them....relationships are compassion, caring, comprimising, understanding and honesty....this said they are also based on physical attraction..you cant kiss someone you dont feel something for, however physical attraction is not based soley on looks its more when you have a connection with someone then you begin to see them in a whole new light. If someone makes you feel like you are the most important person in the world they suddenly open a door that allows you to feel things you havent felt before or in a long time. Knowing somoene from the inside out instead of the outside in is a blessing because over the phone or the interent you can pick up on their personallity on their habbits their insecuritys....beleive it or not you can hear their different cmiles and laughs and you can begin to understand them...you can love someone before you meet them but if it is true love then when you finally meet them and look deep into their eyes you will see their soul and know that right now, right here there is no other place on earth they would rather be!
 curlygrl
Msg: 1120
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2007 9:02:44 AM
Okay I have posted to this before and I will again-
Yes yes yes - I personally believe you can have feelings -
maybe not love - but feelings for someone by just writing to them-
Like during the wars - when women wrote to the soldiers - they developed
a bond - never laid eyes on them -not even a picture. Married them when they came
home - some married for 50 years -
I think sometimes when you are writing back and forth - with
the right person a bond forms - Maybe not love - but a feeling.
Yes - God yes.

Some people are not superficial - they dont need to see - they can feel -
 americus
Msg: 1121
Posted: 1/24/2007 1:41:51 PM
Back in 1999 I started writing to a guy in New Mexico, and I live in the east..We wrote and talked for hours on the phone for almost 8 mo's..Then one day he told me he had an aunt that lives 2 miles away from me that just passed away, and he was coming to the funeral, and wanted to get together...well of course all the usual things came to my mind, Im scared, will he like what he see's and etc..I made reservations for him at a great hotel. When we met, we just was in awe of each other...because I felt like he was my best friend. We knew everything about each other, there was no questions, because we was just comfortable with each other..It was awesome, but then he wanted me to move out west and I didn't want to, I am settled where I am...He doesn't like the east... but we are still seeing each other, I visit him out west and he visits here...I think we will have a wonderfull relationship no matter where we are...2 weeks every year we meet in another part of the country and spend time together. I don't think there is anything we wouldn't do for one another,except move...It works for me and its never dull...
 kce33
Msg: 1122
Posted: 1/24/2007 1:44:30 PM
yes its possible, it has just happened to me.. neither one of us was looking for more than just good friends and by talking and getting to know who other is it just happened.. there was no meeting where the eyes play attraction games with your mind, you just love the person that you got to know, WHY,because they are everything you want in the other person...
also, i don't think every person can do it..you have to be a mature secure person that knows themselves and exactlly want it is that you want..
 vankar
Msg: 1123
Posted: 1/24/2007 7:12:01 PM
I think it is. But it can also be confused with obsession, this happened to me I got so obsessed with this guy that I had to erase all the info I had about him. I'm not proud of it but wright after we meet he stopped the calls and he never told me why , So please guys at least say it " thank you for coming but i think we are not meant for each other" is simple as that.
 1102deb
Msg: 1124
Posted: 1/24/2007 8:01:43 PM
careful hun..... not all is as it appears..... been there, fell. damn it hurts soo much! but i would do it again..for the belief that something that good is real..
'to believe is magic
smiles
 kce33
Msg: 1125
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:28:34 AM
what happens when one person thinks it just virtual imagination, nothing lost or nothing gained, just online fun while you remain safe like a virtual playmate, which brings up the question of how long will it last
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?