Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moon_glow
Msg: 1251
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 51 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
Y-E-S! Call me hopeless romantic or maybe just plain hopeless but i would like to believe in the idea of " I knew I love you before I met you". You/I may not have been in that situation before but that doesn't disprove it's possibility.
If you think you are in love with the person without meeting him yet, then maybe you are one of the chosen few who has found his/her soulmate. The meeting of two souls and the joining of twin hearts has happened in you.
 Cort1295
Msg: 1252
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 5/15/2007 8:57:30 AM
I think one can become infatuated, but to call it love is a bit much when you've never met nor have any idea how the person in question behaves in person. I'd be very wary if I were in your shoes.
 knnyb65
Msg: 1253
Posted: 5/15/2007 9:00:46 AM
I think we fall in love with the "prospect" of what we fantasize as the "ideal" mate. Its easier to see all the pro's and not see the con's when we are online. Even phone conversations, although more telling, are not the same as experiencing being together with someone....

Its like what they say about marriage...how you never really know someone until you are living with them every day...well...online we dont deal with ANY of that...no uncomfortable habits showing, no weight of daily frustrations and stress....we get all the glamour here...you dont "see" the real person...
 Fairlassie
Msg: 1254
Posted: 5/17/2007 7:37:21 AM
WOW, I just read your post, and I guess the word I'd use to describe my feelings...is vilified. I met a man online and we chatted for 2 months, then we finally met. YES, he was just the same in person as he was online.....we had a great time together, laughed, talked, he showed me pictures of his sailboat, his kids (he's getting a divorce....oh, yeah, right).....couldn't wait to see me again.....and then.....no more emails, no more calls, nothing.

What the f+++? I'm rather new at this, but not new at life..so I feel duped. At least I didn't invest all the time that you did. I guess more stories are out there, so I don't feel TOO stupid.

Thanks again for an eye-opener.

D.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 1255
Posted: 5/17/2007 7:50:12 AM
I think we fall in love with the "prospect" of what we fantasize as the "ideal" mate.

Bingo!

I have an online friend like that. Two actually, but I'll just focus on one for a moment to make my point.

He's yummy, he cracks me up... we're actually quite a bit alike except that he's more cynical than I am. We live too far apart to even consider a relationship and we're both almost convinced that if we met.. we'd probably end up totally bummed. Not bummed by eachother exactly... I mean honestly... we're pals, and assuming we've both been totally honest about ourselves and what we've presented to eachother, we'd get along famously... but the fun unknown element'd be gone after meeting. The exciting PROSPECT. The FANTASY.

Wow.. am I even making sense?
 N8VSON
Msg: 1256
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:44:46 AM
From another who "smiles" through his eyes.

Nope, sorry to disappoint you....not gonna "bash"ya. What you have actually said and what you really meant to say was/is; YOU.....don't see it as possible. There are simply things that happen beyond the physical plane which some of us don't get (you). There are different levels of spiritual growth and with that growth comes the ability to "sense." Some refer to it as a "woman's intuition." This is close enough for the purpose of responding to your comment. In fact, this "intuition" is not exclusive to women (I am a he). Don't forget the operative word here; POSSIBLE! Who among us is qualified to say that anything is im-possible? Because you personlly don't believe it can happen, doesn't "make it so." (Captain Pickard - lol). Skepticism has it's place but NOT in the affairs of the heart. Centuries have passed. Poets & bards have yet to describe what happens within the human heart. Maybe you just need a (spiritual) Now, reach around behind you, place both hands on your buttocks (one in each hand) and VIOLA! You just had your "ass" handed to you with kindness!

P.S. Write back and give me (us) your definition of "true" love. Then bottle it and make a trillion$$$$. Nobody else has accomplished this so maybe you'll be the first. Good luck!
 Paprikash!
Msg: 1257
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:49:00 AM
Sure - it's even easier, because it is a fantasy relationship.
 Rev.italianviper
Msg: 1258
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:49:38 AM
no its not,, and for one very important reason, you have never met face to face, touched that person, and they can write anything on a computer, or anywhere else for that matter, i have seen many threads stating they hid things or were married or in other relationship, separated,, , cant love someone you cant feel, you cn have an infatuation with who you think they are,, but until you see them and really get to know them in a real world kind of way, love is not possible,
 N8VSON
Msg: 1259
Posted: 5/17/2007 10:56:22 AM
To: Funnygirl9380;

Not so funny, really. I'm a 64 year old male and can proclaim in no uncertain terms, that I am no prude. What I believe is this; the English language provides more than enough words to adquately express everything we need to say. Your comment shows you are without class and lack command of the English language. Since you seem predisposed to display your ignorance in a public forum, suck up this rebuke and live with it.
 Willow55
Msg: 1260
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:40:01 AM
I think it is safe to say that most people who seek a relationship online are lonely. From lonliness comes a level of anticipation and expectation beyond reality. This is easily triggered into full tilt fantasy in an online situation. Lonely people, in general, love the idea of being in love. They love the possibility of finding perfection. That perfection is an exaggerated commodity online. People behind a screen can be whoever and whatever they want to portray themselves as on any given day. Vulnerability allows for skewed perceptions. Skewed perceptions allow for false realities to be formed. We tend to see what we want to see, and believe what we want to believe. There are some who become good at saying what others want to hear. Love on line is not much different than love in the real world. Users and players are not limited to the internet. They exist everywhere. There are also some truly honest and decent people searching for happiness .
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you have never met? In an unrealistic fantasy of wanting perfection and finding a reasonable facsimili of it , yes, I think it is possible. When pulled into the glaringly bright lights of reality, it may not be "real love". It may not be "lasting love" but there is no guarantee that any love is "forever". The definitions of love are subjective. What it boils down to ,I think , is what are we willing to settle for? What are our expectations? What are we willing to explore in our quest for romance and emotional fulfillment?
Some of us are jaded to the point where we automatically say no.. won't happen, can't happen. Well , it won't and can't happen for those who deny it. For those who embrace the possibility, then it is just that, a possibility.
I am not willing to say it will never happen, or that it hasn't already happened for some. Life is strange and who is to say what works for everybody? Why close a door that may open to a wonderful opportunity? As in the "real" dating world, be careful, be smart, be safe and above all else be kind.
 Wicked Wabbit
Msg: 1261
Posted: 5/17/2007 12:09:10 PM
YES....YES....YES.....100% it can happen and it did!
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 1262
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2007 3:35:38 AM

... To sleep, perchance to dream ...

Of course it's possible to fall in love with someone you never met (since, as others have aptly pointed out, it's actually your imagination falling in love with a "virtual" person, as opposed to reality ...).
However, the REAL question remains whether you "still are in love" once you actually meet them

... Whether it is meant to be ... or not to be ... That is the question ...
 Dmarie57
Msg: 1263
Posted: 5/26/2007 8:47:33 PM
The net, as you say, I find "sh___ty" most of the time. and the mean on the net i have met, well, not to sound toooo disgusted, but most of them shall I say, are only looking for a good time. And nothing wrong with that if you advertise yourself that way, but to say you want a "long-term" should mean just that -- not a "long term casual sex relationship".
 fairymay
Msg: 1264
Posted: 5/27/2007 2:07:42 PM
absolutely totally utterly i say.... with or without lust blah blah... depends how long u spoken for though....
 journeyingsoul
Msg: 1265
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 5:22:21 AM
yes, until you meet them that is...
 yohanna2
Msg: 1266
Posted: 5/28/2007 6:22:01 AM
I personally feel its impossible to "fall" for a man or woman we've never met! I used to talk to a guy some time ago too and he seemed like the perfect man of my dreams! We'd never met but this man made me feel complete and whole! He had every quality that I wanted in a man and I was even thinking that we would eventually be together! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww if this was only "real." I've since grown up and realize that this was all a silly "fantasy" of mine and this guy and I were never going to meet! So you need to "grow up" and realize that you can only be in love with a real person, a real breathing person you can actually hold and touch! Don't worry it happens to the best of us!
 Servetus
Msg: 1267
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:00:21 AM
AND as it the other thing, growing feelings after meeting and "knowing" is a reality?
Poor men. sometimes I do wonder where they think from.
 Servetus
Msg: 1268
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:02:53 AM
Yeah! I agree one hundred percent, it is ****ing impossible in Ohio.
Nothing can ever happen unless it has plenty of beef, as they say, plenty of beef about it.
 Nen
Msg: 1269
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:10:37 AM
the lake house!!!
but then again it was only a movie lol
 cuteazabutton
Msg: 1270
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2007 9:35:51 AM
To: A BlueyedBabe,

I know this is a comment from a post that u made back on May 18th/2006 but if youre still reading the thread still, i just wanted to let u know that i was almost scammed by a few men from other dating sites that tried to get me to send money or help them come to Canada. Also one guy tried to pass himself up as an actor which i thought was too good to be true so i just went on Google and clicked on images and typed in "italian men" and "poof" his pic showed up. So of course u know what i did to them right? You got it, i got rid of their a$$e$. The things that i look for when im sent a picture of the guy im talking to is:

1. that it doesnt look like a model shot
2. that it has some kind of background on it (such as couch, table, etc.)
3. that sooner or later he has a cam to show me himself on it to prove to me its him
4. if you have to question the pic then you know its not real

As for the original poster of this thread it is possible to be infatuated with a man to a point where u think its love but that there has to be caution taken. Im in the misdt of meeting a man that i met on another site and we plan to meet in July this year and that will be all the proof i need once i do meet him. So for now im keeping my guard up and being very cautious this time around as i have two sons that could be affected if things dont work out.
 HCO_HORE024
Msg: 1271
Posted: 6/3/2007 9:39:00 AM
it is possible
because i never thot it was and i met my boyfriend on here, and i fell in love with him before we met. so it is definitly possible. and no can tell you its not because you are a totally different person then everyone else on here.
=] good luck
 Passions Play
Msg: 1272
Posted: 6/3/2007 10:43:21 AM
Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but rather at looking outwards, in the same direction. I feel for you as it has happened to me. It's as beautiful at first as it is devastating in the end.

Enjoy him through the skies as nothing will ever compare.

Name it: "The Best Love Affair I Never Had"

God, I miss him still.
 camancheiaman1
Msg: 1273
Posted: 6/3/2007 5:35:41 PM
I believe it is, but from a cautious stance. Someone just below your question doesn't agree, but I know it can and does happen. Sometimes, even on here you may find someone that is pleasing to the eyes at first. And then you both chat. Everything goes well and you BOTH want to talk again ASAP. As time goes, you can "feel" them out by what they say and how they react to your words also. It takes time to be sure, but it IS done and has been done.
I personally tell you this because it has happened to me and my fiancee. We met, chatted for several months and then met in person. Mind you, she lived a good distance away also. I wentand spent 2 fantastic weeks WE BOTH ENJOYED and was left with a deep emptiness in my heart as I had to leave. We kept talking after that, got to know each other more yet and I asked her the big question finally. She accepted and we are to be married July 4th this year. We are having a hawian style wedding on a beach near the sea. And the honey moon will be at a beach resort in a tropical island. Yes, it can and does happen...Sorry to those whom don't believe.
 patti_mk
Msg: 1274
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:00:41 PM
these long distance relationships take alot of patience and sacrifices bottom line if its meant to be it will be! its very hard to find a person you can connect with on so many levels rather it be online or in person and its not a force that should be taken for granted if you do feel a connection , kudos to the ones who have met their partners online and was love from the start and went with it ,it is rare ....my experience has not been so kind but I do not rule it out falling for somebody at all, If you feel love (NOT LUST <-----very important to know the difference)) then it is what it is , no sense in denying it ,If its returned even better. You are the only one who knows in your heart , NO ONE else and It can be a wonderful thing, yes its hard being apart , longing for one another but if the connection is strong enough and you are sure you met your match , it can make the heart grow much fonder ..you learn to appreciate the person for whom they are and look forward to a future. anything is possible when it comes to matters of the heart,ANYTHING :).....and yes there is that question of the physical attraction when YOU do meet...if its right in your heart and mind before hand the physical attraction will go right with it. It will all fit :) it should be a slow and careful process...if it happens to fast it will probally blow up in your face ! I know some don't understand this but I been there...no it never worked out , and it wasnt based on looks nor personality clashes we got along great and was very attracted to one another in person but. distance ripped us apart and ....it simply went too fast ...love holds no boundries if he indeed was the one we'd be together today, everything happens for a reason :)...so too sum it up yes you can fall for someone you never met, thats easy, its the AFTER that counts!
 Songworm
Msg: 1275
Posted: 6/3/2007 8:26:58 PM
That is what I was wondering too. Anyway, I have corresponded with this man several times-He has been calling me and I haven't been able to talk to him as of yet-he is a successful person and I am really nervous to talk to him on the phone although I am not shy. He asked me to meet him for dinner on Thursday. He said that he got quite a few emails but he hardly answered anyone. I am a good writer and I hope it wasn't all that it was. However, I guess we will see. I definitely know I am attracted to someone who is a good writer. This man is a writer in his profession.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?