Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Metallica87
Msg: 1251
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 51 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
You can't fall in love with someone based on their words. It takes actions, time together, culture, so much to really experience true love.

Right now, it's just infatuation with the PERCEPTION of who this person is.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 1252
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:11:53 AM
The word Crush comes to mind.
Haven't we all had them?
 Knittin Kitten
Msg: 1253
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:13:10 AM
This was kinda tempting, ya gotta admit.... This was not the only one, just the latest one, a few months ago.....There was at least about a year of them....but, sadly, no meeting in person.

Oh, did I tell you that I received a phone call from his "live in" SO? She saw my phone number on the cell phone bill. Wonder if she saw any of the hundreds of cards, like this one?

KK

I can only imagine what being in your arms at last will do to me. How I long for that moment, so many times I have fallen asleep trying to envision that moment.......knowing that no matter what I dream nothing will compare to the moment when you are finally mine. How I will delight in loving you, caring for you, spoiling you........to be able to feel you and have you feel me, will be the greatest gift I have ever received. I have so much in me to give.

give me your touches.........how I will delight in letting you teach me the ways of you. Kiss me everywhere, kiss me my as I kiss you, caress me with your hands, let me feel you heat. I will never be able to get enough of you, always satisfying each other but always wanting more and more.....I slept very little last night, the thoughts of finally being with you filled my dreams...........wanting you more than I could ever imagine. Knowing the time of our meeting could be soon filled my thoughts with love and desire for you. Sometimes it seems you are right there with me, I can taste your kisses on my lips and the heady smell of feeling you in the heat of passion fills the air. I want you - let me come to you and let us bring the beautiful words of "Whispers of Love" to life.
 ¬•ogi
Msg: 1254
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:15:16 AM

Only if you live in a desolate are with no other human lifeform around. Cable TV is not available and you make a monthly run to town to get your supplies.
 CindyForumsONLY
Msg: 1255
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 11:27:59 AM
NO! You can't fall in love with someone unless you have spent time with them. REAL LOVE takes time. You can also fall in love with who you THINK a person is but the truth always comes out eventually.
 treselle
Msg: 1256
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 12:49:13 AM
Verissa, how old are you? I heard such stories many times. A guy asked an advise from Dr. Brown. He wrote back and forth to a woman online. They talked on a phone many times during their 3 months online romance and decided that they are made for each other. The woman sold her house and moved to the city far away from her home to be with her Mr. Right. It took him 2 weeks to realize that she was not The One. And he did not know what to do. You are a bit insecure ..... it is so easy to a guy just to say that you are perfect and you would be devoted to him forever. You have 2 kids and you never been married? And you consider yourself independent. You do not sound like one. You went through hell in your last relationship? So, you are needy for a good one. There are many men online who are needy for such online romances like you are having right now. And many of them are either married or in a relationship. Did you show your children's photos to him? I knew a man who said the same things to a 4o year old woman because she had an adorable young teenage daughter. He even married that woman. 2 years later he divorced her "to be free again!" meaning to be available for another woman this time 15 years younger. Too many compliments .....seems like you need it. You need to work on your self-esteem in order to prevent another HELL.
 52poets
Msg: 1257
Posted: 1/19/2009 4:26:31 AM
"NO...it is not. Sorry...simple answer. Sadly"
YES, it is possible.
Very much Possible.

It is only impossible for you because you have never been in such a position before, and even if you have been, then it wasn't all that. full stop

Thank You!
 Arabianangel
Msg: 1258
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:31:55 PM
Offcourse it's possible to feel love in that moment, whether or not it lasts is different story...but what counts is the moment you're in not the future. The mind really is an amazing thing.
 FourUms
Msg: 1259
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 3:41:51 PM
No, I don't believe it is.

It's possible for someone to think he's in love with someone he's never met. He may even believe it was love right from the beginning, if when they do meet it turns into real love. If they meet and there is no real love, it will be much easier to identify the difference in the future.

This is mostly a philosophical argument on my part, as anything involving love will be, but it's based on my own experiences and observations. All that being said, I do believe in love at first sight (when physically in the same place). Go figure.
 beachpeople
Msg: 1260
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:42:16 PM
I am a hopeful romantic but I will tell you from what I have learned so far that people can take on a certain persona online and everything can be cute and perfect until you lose your keys or they forget to call when you expect them too... if you don't have real experiences with somone you are not in love with them... you may be in love with the way they make you feel, or the person they are online, or the wonderful, meaningful conversations you have or just the idea of being in love with a seemingly great guy...
I am not at all negative... I would love for you to tell me how it goes when you have been together for awhile.
 beachpeople
Msg: 1261
Posted: 4/20/2009 4:43:28 PM
I am a hopeful romantic but I will tell you from what I have learned so far that people can take on a certain persona online and everything can be cute and perfect until you lose your keys or they forget to call when you expect them too... if you don't have real experiences with somone you are not in love with them... you may be in love with the way they make you feel, or the person they are online, or the wonderful, meaningful conversations you have or just the idea of being in love with a seemingly great guy...
I am not at all negative... I would love for you to tell me how it goes when you have been together for awhile.
 Marc443
Msg: 1262
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:34:17 PM
Haha, obbbviously I neglected to read everyone's post 'cause this topic has clearly become very popular and there are far too many. So if I'm saying something that's already been said 276 times already I do apologize...just HAD to get my two cents out there :)

I personally DO believe you can fall in love without meeting someone. I think its important to realize that there are no guidelines or rules to falling in love, if you feel it, you feel it. It's not a choice. Therefore, if you know you love this man, that's all that really matters...

Of course I'm completely biased having gone through this very same thing (extremely) recently so I'm expected to defend this side of the argument...BUT my story most certainly has not had a happy ending. And, as with my case, this is where the 'nay' argument really come in to play as when dealing with a solely online relationship you can only fall in love with what you THINK you know about that person. Personally I believe that it's an amazing way to get to really know a person without being biased by visual stimulation or objectification. You fall in love with the person.

If you check out my post from earlier this evening I talk about my recent situation which might serve well as a warning if nothing else...it seems clear that I was thoroughly...well let's go with "duped" to avoid the profanity.
I'll leave it at that, and you can read my thread if you want to know more.

Hope I was some help and good luck with your meeting
 MandaKay
Msg: 1263
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:40:42 PM

Didn't read all 55 pages of this thread.

But no. You can fall in love with the idea of the person. But you need to actually meet that person to know if you have the spark in person.
 Tuckers Dad
Msg: 1264
Posted: 4/20/2009 8:56:02 PM
Hi, I am a happy to hear you have met someone whom you are so smitten with. Good luck.

Do I perosanlly thing you can fall in love with a person from only emials and phonecalls? Yes. However,its not typical and there is a very fine line between falling in love with a person and and and an ideal. On paper we can all be whatever or whoever someones wants us to be, and thsi is the person we initially have feelings for.

But the proof in the pudding, You cannot overcomes genetics and biogoly.

My advice, meet in person. If after a few meetings you both still feel the same way, then great, go for it. and dont let the nay-sayers get to you. All relationships are different, as are all people.

Good luck. go for it, and let us know, good or bad, what happens.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 1265
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2009 9:32:54 PM
Of course it is possible to fall in love with someone you've never met. We all have imaginations.
But, when you meet the REAL person, you have the chance to fall in love with a flesh and blood person.

TK
 Marial92
Msg: 1266
Posted: 4/21/2009 2:27:40 AM
For me the answer is yes......
It's something that already happened in my life but obviously didn't end up well.
Wow, sad when I think about it but then again, life goes on.
 Cogie36
Msg: 1267
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 6:52:43 AM
Oh it can and does happen all the time!!!!!!!! you have to remember that love is an emotion....and you get those feelings for someone when they tell you the things that you want or need to hear......the only problem with that is.....when you have never met.....you dont know if any of the things they are saying are true......

let me tell you what happened to me.....I met some guy on the internet.. years ago ..talked to him everyday seemed like forever.....he told me EVERYTHING I wanted to hear..... we were going to be together.......how much he loved me......he called me all the time......he sent me presents for my birthday n such..... would send me flowers for no reason.......ect ect.....so of course he was the man of my dreams.....loved him to death......felt that deep emotional connection.....but never met him.....finally one day he decides to meet me..........drives 12 hrs to get there....we met....spent a great week together......he went home...( which just about killed me because remember I loved this guy alot).....then I started to find out things he has a daughter and lives with a woman for 20 yrs ...is not in the profession he says he was ..LOLOL......so.......moral of the story is.....

Oh yes it can happen without ever having met......but is it smart......HELL NO!!!!!

I learned my lesson and because of the learning experience i'd never again have long distance with anyone.....if you cant physically be in their life...... ( meaning date)......then its not worth it......
 skyfox001
Msg: 1268
Posted: 7/5/2009 1:59:03 AM
Man, I think its starting to happen to me. I have joined plenty of fish twice and have quit twice. This is my third time, deciding that all I'm gonna do is just look around. Well, in previous times there were profiles that I've read and was somewhat intrigued but never did I have the courage to muster up the ability to contact them, or favorite them, just look at their profiles again and again. Now, the third time I've joined up, I stumbled upon this one profile, and after having looked at it 3 to 4 times, I needed only a small amount of courage to contact her. I believe it was due to having found not just her picture, but what she stated about herself that just drew me to her. I felt that i just HAD to contact her. I felt that maybe we might have than more than just one or two things in common. The problem is, is that I told her that if she was not interested in me she could just message me or not respond and I would wait for a while and if she didn't respond I would take that as a no and there would be no worries on this end, and that I wished her well. Well, after that, I looked at my sent messages folder and found that she read my message and then deleted it, but at least I saw that she viewed my profile. I took this as somewhat of an ambiguous sign, because I'm assuming that she wanted me to know that she had at least viewed my profile, because she had left her settings to let people know that she had viewed others' profiles. I then proceeded to add her as a favorite, but it was short lived at best because she deleted me as a favorite on her end. I'm now beginning to think that she let me know that she viewed my profile to let me know that she had viewed it, knowing that I would look at my sent messages seeing that she had deleted my message to her, on top of deleting her favorite status with me. I suppose this roundabout way was taken by her in an attempt to let me down easy, which I will admit that her messaging me directly and telling me no directly would have stung a lot worse. I still have a miniscule flicker of hope that she still might contact me, and at this point I should just let it go. But I'm finding it rather difficult to do so because I'm continuing to play things over in my head and imagining what if in my head resulting unfortunately into an infatuation with her. Man, if I could just meet her, that help me realize whether or not I would truly be attracted to her, but that could end up blowing up in my face as well because if she told me she didn't like me in person that would send me straight to Dumpsville, population: me. But I'm wondering if maybe there's a one in a million chance that she might be waiting for me to make the next move, seeing if I will or not. Therein lies my dilemma: If I do, I fear that if I contact her again, maybe sending a rose or something, may indeed get her attention, but only in regards to reject me. Or perhaps, even if there is that one in a million chance that she was waiting for me to do something, she may respond more positively, but that contradicts somewhat with what I wrote to her. If I did, at least I'd know one way or another, but if I don't, I'm afraid the suspense would eat me up first. Worse yet, if I do contact her again she may construe that as harassment, and that is the LAST thing I would ever want to do to anyone. My oh my, this kinda stinks in a hurtful, wear your heart on your sleeve kinda way.
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 1269
Posted: 7/5/2009 2:04:33 AM
^^^^^^^^^
Oh brother! It's this type of over-analysing that gets people nowhere.
This is exactly why no-one on this site is meeting anyone - you know the girls are waiting on the guys to contact them - the guys are umming and ahhing about whether they should or shouldn't and so the story goes.

I've had a couple of situations where I felt like I was falling for the person. Love perhaps not but alot of like yes.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1270
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2009 8:20:35 AM
Why not accept your feelings??? Everyone keeps saying you can't feel what you know you are feeling! If you feel love, then it's love. Why not? You can love a penpal or an internet friend and have the exact same feelings as if you saw them in person.

Everyone is so quick to deny feelings. You feel love but "it can't be real"?
Give me a break, it's real. Anytime you feel something it's real.
Stop being so logical and analytical of feelings. Accept them. It's who you are.
 soldiergirl99
Msg: 1271
Posted: 7/10/2009 4:21:10 AM
Well, it has happened to me, we talked for 8 months; he was deployed to Iraq. Phone calls, cam to cam, IM conversations, emails at work etc etc...it was pretty real talking on a mic and seeing them on cam. It took a little while to get those feelings, but when I did that was it. We no longer talk (long story) been about 6 months and well I still think about him everyday....that's how I know that I loved him and just the thought of touching him in person; it still makes my heart race.
 morethanthat26_2
Msg: 1272
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2009 5:39:40 AM
You cannot fall in love. What you can do is become very, very invested in the likelihood that you will fall in love when you meet that person. Been there, done that. This is why I will not engage in long email or telephone dialogue.
 Jskins
Msg: 1273
Posted: 7/10/2009 12:59:20 PM
It absolutely is possible! those who say it isn't have closed minds and don't know a thing about true Love! I met my soulmate/wife online and because of health issues (Cancer) we didn't meet in person for over a year! I have never know any couple who was as close as we were. She passed away shortly after we were married.

When you meet online you get to know the true person inside and out. It's not about Sex or how good you look that day...it's about who you are inside and what your ideals are about.

Sorry for all the negative broken hearted people who think its impossible. It will never happen if you think negatively.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 1274
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:21:54 AM
Genuine love without meeting is mostly illusion. Too many people mistake intense
infatuation, lust, and imaginary love (and people have some pretty active
imaginations...lol) with "real" love.

People can build up passionate and profound interest after weeks or months of highly
charged communication and have a genuine spark and chemistry in person, but
meeting is still the key. To believe you can have a true, physical bond through a
bunch of wires is wishful thinking at best, highly delusional at worst.
 skosko
Msg: 1275
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:36:59 AM
I Guess its possible. But not for me. Have to see how they act around me and how it feels around them first. Thats just the first step. My opinion!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?