Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CJAnonymouS
Msg: 1301
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 53 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
this thread reminds me of that one song

savage garden - I knew I loved you
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1302
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:37:33 AM
Yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you have never met.

And you can be every bit as deluded, manipulated and conned by
someone you chat with online as you can by someone in person.

Love is blind to all the negative things
about someone whether it is online or in person.
I don't see much difference between online love and in person love
except you see more of the negative things about them in person,
but it can be love either way since love isn't rational.
 Red Fish GF
Msg: 1303
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:03:37 AM
I have asked this same question a few years on a different forum. I believe you can fall in love but it is also true you don't know if that feeling will last once you meet face to face. I never met the man I fell in love with who lives thousands of miles away but he did help me out by being there as a friend. We still keep in contact via email but not on a daily basis anymore since we have moved on. If you are able to meet and find out in real life I wish you good luck. It very well could be just a dream but it could turn out to be true love. One just never knows.

Can you love someone you have never met? only online and phone conversations?
What if this person is 1000's of miles away from you do you just forget about ever meeting and keep your friendship online? I know this question gets asked on here allot but it is really confusing. It is an incredible feeling though to have someone care for you and not have any physical contact.

* 3 years ago

HIS REPLY:

Well I guess I have to add my comment, I asked you to post the question and you sacrificed the points...

For me, I am amazed at myself for developing feelings for a person I have had no physical contact with. It's a first, but I'm really happy that I am falling for the person and not the body. True feeling for a really nice girl and good friend...

Don't know where we go from here P, but lets keep going anyway....

* 3 years ago

Who else would I give best answer too. Don't need a question I know what I feel. It's strange but amazing ....to be loved for "me"....and to fall for someone through words...even if we never meet always a true friend....Love that last sentence it makes me smile.......
 RoseWhite65
Msg: 1304
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:33:45 PM
Sure it's possible! I divorced my husband because he fell in love with a woman from another country. From all accounts, they will be getting married next year. Yippee!! Do I think it will last? No, but it's not my concern.

If you make a decision before you actually meet him, then you are making a grave mistake. You need to spend time with him because it is too easy to hide who you are behind a computer screen and pretty words. A few years ago authorities discovered several bodies of women. A guy in this area killed numerous women over several years by meeting them online first. They moved or visited him here and never made it back home. Have a friend or family member validate what are reading/feeling. Wishing for love often makes a person incapable of seeing that it is a facade, not reality.
 clyde5555
Msg: 1305
Posted: 2/11/2010 5:05:01 PM
Dear Verissa,
Hi my name is David and yes i do believe it is possable to fall in love with someone that you have never met face to face, i speak from experience because i met a women on the internet that lives in england and for about 3 months she and i exchanged
e-mails, and i feel deeply in love with her, althouth i have not heard anything from her for quite some time now, but i still long hearing from her, she may have been using me out of boredom or lonliness but i enjoyed reading her love filled letters and some of these letters were quite grapic, and i too felt the same as you in your letter on forums.
So yes i do believe it possible
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1306
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2010 5:35:05 PM
Yes I fell in love online but it was a frustrating experience I won't repeat.
It went on for a year and we couldn't be together. I won't make that mistake
again.
Yes it was love absolutely for both of us.

I refused to meet him because I could see it would never work for various reasons.
 6citygal1
Msg: 1307
Posted: 2/11/2010 7:24:53 PM
No. I would actually need to spend some time hanging out with that person because I could fall in love.
 NothingLeftToBurn
Msg: 1308
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 5:55:37 AM
I'm in love with my car.
 chi3cago
Msg: 1309
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 10:17:20 AM
If you still feel the ache years after the final contact, then yes, you really loved them.
 sanddallor
Msg: 1310
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2010 10:48:21 PM
It's certainly possible, though the line between fantasy and intuition can be a tough read .
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 1311
Posted: 2/14/2010 12:47:26 AM
'Plausible'...??? . . Absolutely..!!!
It's just a matter of Making the Connection with someone that finds You interesting enough to set aside trivial things like 'Distance'...!!!
I've 'Fallen-in-Love' a Dozen times, here....only to be ignored or discarded without the smallest consideration
that we might be _Perfect_ together...!
~ If Only ~ . . she would've taken the Smallest chance to find out Exactly That..!!!
But...we all have our 'standards', don't we...???
*S-i-i-i-i-i-g-g-h-h-hhh...!*
 Minau
Msg: 1312
Posted: 2/14/2010 12:55:04 AM
Yup...we would talk for hours and hours in a day, everyday...I would wake up to or come home to an email from him everyday. One day he sent me one email...and filled the entire page with the words "I LOVE YOU" in caps written over and over again...it was amazing.
 HoldingHands27
Msg: 1313
Posted: 2/14/2010 3:20:58 AM
Yes....
For example...
Her eyes...
Her smile...
That lovely waistline...
The Full-back Tattoo...
What's her name....??
'Ependa'...???
Siiiiiigghh
 RonnieB77
Msg: 1314
Posted: 2/14/2010 5:12:16 AM
I've had this message board pen pal for three years. She just started writing to me out of the blue.

She is really good at asking alot of hard questions and I've used her as my internet psychologist, telling her things I would never tell people I know. She knows alot of my life and calls me Indiana Jones.

In the mean time she has fallen in love with this fantasy of who I am. I havent encouraged this at all. And her fantasy has little to do with the real me.

I don't think this is healthy. I think it's a way of avoiding real love and real life. But who knows, maybe 'she' is a 300lb trucker with two wives and 8 kids.
 Apollodorus
Msg: 1315
Posted: 2/14/2010 6:27:59 AM
No its not possible to love someone you have never met, you can develop feelings over time because you have been talking to this person but you cannot develop love until you have physically been with each other.

Its also not possible to find out if there is a connection between you 2 until you have met.

In summation you don't know anything about the person until you have met face to face.
 dolphinlover17
Msg: 1316
Posted: 2/14/2010 5:01:14 PM
Yes, it's possable. It happened to me, but days before we were to meet all of a sudden his son was in a tragic accident and he needed money. Be careful. There are alot of scammers out there and they are good. Real Good. Good Luck and be safe.
 beautynsmile
Msg: 1317
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2010 11:31:04 PM
Nope, it is not love, not real...It is the burning desire to feel love ...It is a fabrication of the deceiving mind that tries to fulfill that desparate emotional need ...in fact, the brain produces certain chemicals that make you kinda high and excited when you Imagine what it would be like if you were with that person....you get so excited and happy it feels awesome because he is saying the right things, always calling in the right time, sends you these little love notes and cards, understands you, listens to you ...just perfect, perfect...except...it is not....it is so different in person...believe me I've experienced it....such a disappointment!! so not what I expected and I felt stupid allowing myself to even believe that I could be in love with somebody I did not really know at all..(the way he was looking at me was not what I was imagining, the way he interacted with others, the way he gestured and walked and ate and...not that it was horrible but just so not impressive and so not what I thought it would be)...only in 3D is the real deal... It is nothing much before that...just a desire and an opportunity to may be meet someone in person asap and then go from there. God bless!
 AaliyahMisty79
Msg: 1318
Posted: 2/17/2010 12:01:05 AM
I have a friend who her mother and father never saw each other but talked reguarly constantly for 3 months, they feel in love got married and lived happily ever after.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 1319
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2010 12:37:51 AM
I know a happily married couple who had only talked online for over
a year before they ever met. It can and does happen all the time.

My own experience was that it was love, but I never met him, and
probably it was a lot of fantasy. People can make you believe anything
about how they are online. I think the guy I knew online was skilled
at doing and saying and acting the right way with lots of women.

He filled a need at the time though.
 Danarus
Msg: 1320
Posted: 2/17/2010 1:03:34 AM
You encounter their personality long before you encounter their physical being in online relationships. As you get to know their personality more, you find yourself caring less and less about what their face looks like. That being said, I believe it's very much possible to fall in love with someone you've never met.
 vicxstar
Msg: 1321
Posted: 2/17/2010 3:41:25 AM
I have to vote no. I thought I had fallen in love with someone on the phone, really, but now that I have fallen in love with a person I have actually met here in person, I laugh at myself back then. And I am deliriously happy now.

When I posted these questions, I was slammed some and got some good advice. If you look at my "history" you will see some really wise advice about the fantasy and how you make people you never met, perfect for you. But once you do meet, they can't compete with what you have built them up in your mind to be.

I was glad I got the opinions that I did, it helped me get over it, because I did feel as if I had broken up with someone. But it's not real until you feel the chemistry in person. It might very well be a good start, but tread with caution. And again, check out my history and the thread that goes with this topic. It was good for me.

Good luck!
 PregnantLady
Msg: 1322
Posted: 3/5/2010 4:01:56 PM
I think you can fall in love with the thought or fantasy of a person but to actually fall in love with someone you've never met...sorry not possible.
 NOBLMAN
Msg: 1323
Posted: 3/5/2010 4:43:23 PM
No. With the person they may be in your mind maybe yes. But that doesn't mean that that is truely the person they are. Your falling in love with your perception of a person. You've biult yourself a one dementional immage of someone. You have no idea what they are actually like, And the fact is most people don't flaunt their flaws. Are they the type of person who chews loudly, nags alot, sits on their buts alot, spends every dime they make, are they prone to being tempermental. You don't know. Your biulding an image based on what you believe. There is no substatution for time and personal contact. Sorry but you need to deal with reality. Good luck.
 CodeNameKitty
Msg: 1324
Posted: 3/5/2010 6:02:59 PM
No, no and no.

There's so much more than phone or email conversations needed to really love someone.
No.
You haven't met...is he in prison?
 kailania
Msg: 1325
Posted: 3/5/2010 6:19:22 PM
once i fell in love with someone i never met.
until i met him.

so, i would never do that again.
but yes...i think it is possible. not for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?