Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NatGoat
Msg: 1301
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?Page 53 of 61    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
Granted . . Profiles AND Photos can be Totally Fake . .
But . . I'll take that Chance . .
I've been struck by -Love-at-First-Sight- before . . and have seen Many Ladies here that I would J U M P at the chance to get into a Relationship with . . !!!
It'd be Refreshing, though , if just Occasionally . . one would take the Initiative to contact Me, first . . and compliment me on _something_ I've written . . !!! . .
 lovebahi
Msg: 1302
view profile
History
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?
Posted: 9/16/2007 10:34:54 PM
Perhaps you are just falling in love with the picture you are making in your mind!
 Racenut17
Msg: 1303
Posted: 12/31/2007 4:24:12 PM
Yes,Yes,Yes,YesYes,Yes..............................................................
 Guess
Msg: 1304
Posted: 12/31/2007 4:27:49 PM
it is possible but be prepared to fall out of love when you meet in real....
 genepoole
Msg: 1305
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:57:11 PM
To "fall in love" with somebody who you've never met and never spent time with other than as two separate minds sharing conversation and whatever else in cyberspace is, in this old dog's opinion, being in love with a fantasy.
 ymisobad
Msg: 1306
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2008 8:33:22 PM
hey I was trying to contact you to say a few things.. all good of course but it wouldnt let me email you and I didnt know how else to contact you... sorry I disturbed the forum.. but basically I just wanted to say I read your profile and you sound like a very stand up girl.. I dont usually get to know new females.. for whatever reason I just usually have guy friends.. but anyway.. my point is.. you seem like a great person and i thought it should be said..
 maggiepie25
Msg: 1307
Posted: 1/14/2008 8:47:09 PM
yes....

I believe it becauase I think it is happening to me. Met a guy on here, had plans to meet, he was getting out of service end of December, and next thing, boom he is back over there in the desert, haven't met him and only know his voice, how he writes and cherish any text I get.

Life is funny
 GBPackerLady
Msg: 1308
Posted: 1/14/2008 11:12:42 PM
What a great thread!!! I didn't read through everything, but I do believe you can fall in love with someone by talking to them online. But, an one has to keep an open mind because you haven't met in person. Meeting in person can change all that in an instant. So, have fun. Enjoy getting to know someone. But in the end, remember if there is going to be a forever, there has to be a face to face meeting before future plans can even be discussed.

Paula
 KinkyBastard
Msg: 1309
Posted: 1/15/2008 2:57:44 AM
I think so yah!

So long as I knew what they looked like, I think its possible (and assuming that whatever pictures I’d seen were REAL of course LOL!).

Love happens in the head as well as in the heart doesn't it? It doesn’t necessarily have to happen between the bed sheets.
 CuriousJane619
Msg: 1310
Posted: 1/16/2008 9:26:35 PM
I don't think it's possible....as bad as it sounds, things can change when two people meet and the physical attration isn't there (but maybe that's a whole different story). I think the hard thing about internet dating is that guards are put up more because they aren't sure if it's safe to meet or don't know if they will get along with the other person in reality, so they chat online and/or the phone for a period of time until their guards are let down. Once guards are down it's hard not to fall for the other person (their personality), but I think people fall in love with 'what can be' and fantacies more than anything. I know it happens to the best of us. So I think the best thing to do with this given situation is to meet as sooner than later because once you get too attached it's over.
 TayKai
Msg: 1311
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2008 9:48:00 PM
I think it is extremely possible for it happen. Ive seen people fall in love with someone because of their personality and attitude and such. They feel that stimulation through the mental and maybe even bit of emotional connection with the other person. They dont need the physical connection as much as some others might. So i say its entirely possible but be careful if he sounds to good to be true... because its entirely possible that is. Best of luck to you OP and hope that you 2 will meet sometime soon face to face.
 dilf36
Msg: 1312
Posted: 1/17/2008 12:19:06 PM
to guess , i agree with you 100 % , i met and fell in love with a wondefull gal from this site , she was only in country victoria and myself in melbourne . . we had some marathon chat sessions , emailed each other frequently , exchanged photos , spoke on the phone and we both had web cams so there was no dispute as to the
authenticity of each other we even agreed to be married all in the space of 14 days . . i drove to meet her in her home town and as you said we fell out of love , well she did first and i followed trend . . so coming from 1st hand experience i do not believe it possible to fall deeply in love with someone you have not seen up close and personal and in the flesh . . we had a great weekend any ways and i couldnt think any higher of her parents and thier kind mannerisms and hospitality and over all thier trust , yours gratefully , adam . .
 echo*
Msg: 1313
Posted: 1/17/2008 2:08:26 PM
HUGE mistake. IMO.
 jellybean_1970
Msg: 1314
Posted: 2/26/2008 12:25:03 AM
My head says "maybe.....maybe not"

My heart says "yeah, baby!!"

Just enjoy it, don't think about it or analyse it too much, you'll take all the fun out of it, I say. There are few (legal) things on this earth that make us feel as good as we feel when we feel a connection with someone special, make the most of it. There's enough sadness in the world as it is....

Tennyson said it best......"Tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all"

jellybean
 custis
Msg: 1315
Posted: 2/26/2008 12:28:49 AM
I think it is possible to fall in love with the person that you have created in your mind, and maybe if you are lucky, you will fall in love when you meet the real person. But right now you need to stay based in reality.
 Scurvy Little Spider
Msg: 1316
Posted: 2/26/2008 5:26:43 AM
For me, yes. Integrity can be faked but not for long. And intellect for even less time.

For people who fall in love with a face or a pair of legs -- probably less likely.

Besides, who cares? If you meet him and he's not what you thought, then just fall back out of love. Same as you would if you met someone in the real world and later discovered he was not what he pretended.

My heart tells me it's fun to post on 2-year-old threads where the OP may or may not still be reading the replies. My head tells me I need to get up out of the house into the fresh fresh air.
 kornfieldgirl
Msg: 1317
Posted: 2/26/2008 8:24:47 AM
I've got your back, smile with your eyes! We all want love and romance so badly and in the daily grind, it's harder and harder to come by. Sure, getting an email or chatting online with someone (or best case scenario, looking at a cute snapshot and talking on the phone) can get you by and even start a flash fire in the crotchal region, but never forget how easy it is to kick back, safely removed from seeing someone on the daily, at their worst and best and typing a few lines that make u seem super supportive and the answer to their prayers. Ever heard the expression "It looks good on paper?" There isn't a thing wrong with an online flirtation, but don't let love enter it until you have some actual face time with the object of your online desire. Love has a pulse, it blinks, thinks andutterly disarms and can only properly be conveyed in person. Sounds like these two need to meet! Plenty of kindling, strike a match and start that fire!
 Who Dares Win
Msg: 1318
Posted: 2/26/2008 12:38:17 PM
Maybe one never knows.
 Enchanted107
Msg: 1319
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2008 3:11:15 PM
Sad to say, YES! And I would love to do it again! And I was inspired to create three poems for him, two of which are published. I was rejuvenated and alive. I call it the elixir of youth!

It will take more than this space to tell you about that Heavenly Angels feeling for 5 solid months after I came out of the darkest cave ever! I call him Paradise. lol

Now, back to reality, I think he is still the greatest love of my life but I find I am capable of loving others too. Hmmm.
 xxfoxyredxx
Msg: 1320
Posted: 2/26/2008 3:16:56 PM
You can develop thoughts and feelings about someone sure but until you meet them no. Photo could be fake and you could be chattin to a 60yr old gumby with no teeth then I doubt youd feel the same. They may have a really annoying habit or something that puts you off. I know who I am doesnt always come out on line as much as who i am in my real life. We choose wat we let other people see after all even if we dont mean to.

I met someone recently and we ad connected on line but in real life he was a tight wad and not as good lookin and totally disagreeable to everythin i said to the point i wanted to run screamin from our date.
 Rewbin
Msg: 1321
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 2:11:06 AM
Yes it is though I am a pisces and that is one of our faults but anyway YES it happens to me ALL the time. The reson I think it is so is becaues when you type letters back and forth it is from the Heart, when you speak to someone face to face it is from your brain...Do NOT get me wrong Women have Ripped out my Heart many times at POF however I have met a woman from her and we are Comon law now. We have been living together for almost 2 years now and she has 3 children living with her...
 Rewbin
Msg: 1322
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 2:23:28 AM
Yes that is true where you need to meet. However that is why you can use a webcam. I met a women once from a on-line game I play at time in my R&R time. She lives in autalia (Spelled wrong but school was 18 years ago lol ) Anyway, and I live in canada. We were talking at the on-line game for about 3 months befor we started talking on msn.

Once we started talking on msn we fell in love. She had a webcam and so did I. Yes cyber sex lol let me tell you Do NOT do it. It is to hard on your heart once your done and you fall asleep and wake in the morning and she is NOT there well it hurts a lot :(

I was a good relationship and I was VERY close to moving there to marry her. Things happened and it did not happen but I beleave Everyone you love takes a pisce of your heart so she will ALWAYS have a place in my heart...
 kanyonatic
Msg: 1323
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2008 9:30:54 AM
yes it is possible and when you meet you will know if it is true i know as a friend\has done this and she met him and they have been married for over 20 years! so dont let anyone put you off.
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 1324
Posted: 4/8/2008 6:04:23 PM
No it is not. You are receiving a very 2-dimensional perspective on this man. When and if you meet in person you might discover he is not at all attractive to you, or that he is quite boorish and rude in person, etc. What you feel is infatuation, not at all the same thing as love.
 mickey_mcm
Msg: 1325
Posted: 4/9/2008 4:08:16 PM
I believe you can get to know someone by talking with them a lot.....But love them before you ever really meet them know...If you chat with someone everyday and get to know them......Then ya'll meet and really hit it off....Then it wont take long before you fall in love.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to fall in love with someone you never met?